Keuka College Employee Reviews

Very good job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
I worked about ten hours/week and my supervisors were awesome. I had chances to meet with students from different background culture.
Pros
Flexible about timing, Good salary
Personal and technological interface
Adjunct Instructor and Research Mentor (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 26, 2016
The ASAP program for adult learners offered opportunities to teach and mentor in person and via an online interface.

I taught one 4-hour lecture per week in a traditional classroom setting. The remainder of the week, I taught and provided support for students via an online format. This structure provided a great deal of flexibility.
Worked as a volunteer through 2 capitol campaigns
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYOctober 20, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the meeting may incredible alone and major donors. This was an opportunity to give back rather than chasing after the money to put in my pocket.
Pros
a great experience
Wonderful Environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJuly 22, 2015
This is a small private college in upstate NY. I loved working there and the people were like family. The only reason that I did leave was that my husband and I were relocating to Nevada. If not, I would still be working there.

A typical day would be very busy with the professor's requests and also requests from my Division Chair. The fact that it was very busy was great. I love to have the day go by quickly.

To be continued....
Loved it
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 1, 2015
I liked working at Keuka College. I would file and help with whatever else was needed in the office. I was sad to leave but I left Keuka College.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Fitness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYSeptember 1, 2014
-Check the weight room and Cardio for cleaning
-One on One training with students
-Learned how to work with different people
-Working with other classmates made the experience easier
-Supervisor was very helpful when I needed anything
Good working environment, nice people.
Assistant of Institutional Research and Assessment (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 14, 2014
The people are very nice, Not sure about the salary.Overall, I think it's a good working environment. Good place to start.
Good job for college student
College Residence Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJune 5, 2013
This is a great job for students. While doing your job and getting school work done at the same time brings a great balance for students and allows them to make a little money.
Work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 6, 2013
I have worked here for a few years the faculty are always nice and the managers are easy to work with, The company is technically Sodexo but we are pretty much Keuka staff
Pros
education benefits
Cons
if your a non social person this would be a con
Terrible College to attend for education and for employment
Communications (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYFebruary 13, 2013
I have been both a student and an employee of Keuka College, and so was my mother. I had an extreme amount of loyalty and was very proud to call Keuka College my alma mater. However, during my time there I was reputedly ignored by advisors and nearly didn't graduate due to a simple clerical error the faculty refused to review. I was also in the work study program for four years. After graduation I was denied employment for an unknown reason even though I was very qualified and no one would talk with me regarding the position or my application.

I am very saddened to say this institution has lost its morals over the years. I would not recommend to work here nor would I recommend attending Keuka College for higher education.
Work Study
Student (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Notetaking is really not an effective work study to obtain and keep due to the fact that some classes are not going to have students which need notes.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent co-workers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYAugust 30, 2012
-A typical day at work consisted of cleaning different office buildings and student dorms in a strict routine.
- I learned how to effectively communicate with fellow co-workers and also how to be independent in my job requirements.
- Management was well organized and effective.
- My co-workers were enjoyable to work with. They provided entertainment, but also knowledge in how to do the job effectively.
- The hardest part of the job were the inner disputes between co-workers and trying to stay out of it.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know people in the community and feeling rewarded for making a difference in the lives of the people working at the college.
Students are great!
Director of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJuly 18, 2012
Salary is not competitive based on position. Very difficult in most positions to balance work and life due to demanding responsibilities in positions. Students are wonderful and make it a great place to work!
Enjoyed the diversity of work relating to higher education, its recruitment, inspiring donors, and building relationships with the local and global co
Graphic Designer/Art Director (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 28, 2012
Good teamwork, great people. Always busy, always pushing the envelope.
Pros
the people
Cons
compensation

4.3