Keuka College Employee Reviews

Great place to work, however financially unstable
Administrative Assistant, Office of the President (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYOctober 31, 2017
The culture and staff of Keuka College are wonderful. The management team is lacking in financial development, leading to multiple layoffs, and no job security.
No comment at this time
Staff (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYAugust 29, 2017
Keuka College campus is very nice. I enjoyed working with students and faculty. Pay was fair. Work environment was professional. I was provided with a laptop to complete my work.
Field Period
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJuly 3, 2017
Keuka college requires students to complete a field period every year in order to graduate. This allows for positive experience in the students' desired field before he or she even graduates.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYApril 30, 2017
Depending on the staff that has been hired your time as a resident assistant can either make or break you. Horrible compensation for the amount of time required by the job. This job teaches you things you can never learn in the classroom.
Pros
Real life experiences
Cons
Horrible compensation
What a great place to work!
Adjunct Faculty-Humanities Fine Arts (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMarch 24, 2017
I have been with Keuka less than a year, but instantly felt like part of a family. The campus is small and you see familiar faces there daily. The staff and faculty all assist one another. There is an environment of genuine care and support. Cannot say enough good things. Just LOVE Keuka College!
It's alright
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMarch 6, 2017
Working at the college was alright, and I did miscellaneous jobs. The pay for the resident assistant position wasn't the greatest, due to under payment for myself. I worked most days and only received about 152 bi-weekly. Other than that, good atmosphere and great people to work with.
Pros
Easy work, easy jobs
Cons
Pay is iffy.
Respectable and challenging institute
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Highly competent and friendly faculty/staff. The small class sizes made for a very personal educational experience.
productive and friendly workplace
Cost Researcher (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Friendly workplace and you can feel free to speak to anyone at the office. I learned how to communicate with others and how to work on a team. My employer trusted me to get everything done during the day. I was the only worker for that internship.
Very good school
Student (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 2, 2017
The program was very beneficial and the schedule was maintainable. It was challenging without being overwhelming. I would recommend this school to others.
Work Study Job - Lab Assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYDecember 1, 2016
I was a student worker and they always respected my schedule and that my studies came first. Management worked around my availability and I was able to train on a variety of skills and see a lot of interesting things from the college's archives. Cataloging plant specimens was my favorite part. It was very peaceful to sit with the book and these vintage specimens that scientists compiled decades ago. There was a good share of grunt-work like cleaning glassware and lab areas, but that's to be expected. It was enjoyable and easy work for a college student just trying to make a little lunch and book money.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly staff, interesting subject matter
Cons
No real options for permanent employment
Great Employer to work for Not fantastic Salary for RA
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Keuka College is a fantastic institution that is constantly looking to create a superb experience for its students and employees alike. It is a educational institution on the rise and wants nothing more than to see each of its individual constituents succeed. I would recommend going here, working here, or being associated with the college in any way to any one without question. The only drawback as a Resident Assistant is that with it being a small college the recompense for this work is not as robust as other colleges/universities.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Great Experience, Great Coworkers, Individual Room, College Discounts & Salary.
Cons
Long Hours, Minimal Salary/Compensation in Comparison to other Colleges.
Very good job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
I worked about ten hours/week and my supervisors were awesome. I had chances to meet with students from different background culture.
Pros
Flexible about timing, Good salary
Personal and technological interface
Adjunct Instructor and Research Mentor (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 26, 2016
The ASAP program for adult learners offered opportunities to teach and mentor in person and via an online interface.

I taught one 4-hour lecture per week in a traditional classroom setting. The remainder of the week, I taught and provided support for students via an online format. This structure provided a great deal of flexibility.
Worked as a volunteer through 2 capitol campaigns
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYOctober 20, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the meeting may incredible alone and major donors. This was an opportunity to give back rather than chasing after the money to put in my pocket.
Pros
a great experience
Wonderful Environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJuly 22, 2015
This is a small private college in upstate NY. I loved working there and the people were like family. The only reason that I did leave was that my husband and I were relocating to Nevada. If not, I would still be working there.

A typical day would be very busy with the professor's requests and also requests from my Division Chair. The fact that it was very busy was great. I love to have the day go by quickly.

To be continued....
Loved it
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 1, 2015
I liked working at Keuka College. I would file and help with whatever else was needed in the office. I was sad to leave but I left Keuka College.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Fitness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYSeptember 1, 2014
-Check the weight room and Cardio for cleaning
-One on One training with students
-Learned how to work with different people
-Working with other classmates made the experience easier
-Supervisor was very helpful when I needed anything
Good working environment, nice people.
Assistant of Institutional Research and Assessment (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 14, 2014
The people are very nice, Not sure about the salary.Overall, I think it's a good working environment. Good place to start.
Good job for college student
College Residence Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYJune 5, 2013
This is a great job for students. While doing your job and getting school work done at the same time brings a great balance for students and allows them to make a little money.
Work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Keuka Park, NYMay 6, 2013
I have worked here for a few years the faculty are always nice and the managers are easy to work with, The company is technically Sodexo but we are pretty much Keuka staff
Pros
education benefits
Cons
if your a non social person this would be a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keuka College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2