Job Title: Systems Administrator/Senior Developer
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
The KEW Group (KEW) is a personalized medicine company with a focus on oncology founded by leading scientists and business professionals. We use a multidisciplinary clinical approach to support decision-making in cancer care delivery. Our platform integrates patient-specific genetic data generated from next-generation sequencing with the most current knowledge of disease and therapeutics. Together these enable the delivery of optimal treatment strategies tailored to the patient. We anticipate that implementation of our strategies will result in significant improvements in cancer treatment. We are seeking motivated professionals to be a part of our new team.
Role Summary/Purpose: KEW offers the unique opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams that deliver state-of-the-art solutions in healthcare (applications portals and website) focused on usability interoperability security and privacy for multiple stakeholders,
We are looking for a senior level developer/systems administrator to be part of a continuous development and deployment team.
- Systems design and software architecture
- Project-related software development
- Software implementation
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in enterprise-class Java design and development, including at least 1 year of experience with SQL databases. And C++ Programming
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with web application servers like Tomcat, 3 years with Spring and Hibernate, and with XML-based tools like XSLT, Xpath, parsing and related XML processing tools.
- The candidate should also possess at least 3 years of experience with Web Services including SOA, WS stack or REST-based techniques and integration technologies such as IBM MQ and JMS.
- Strong development methodology and experience with agile/iterative development is required.
- The individual must also have working knowledge of OO design patterns and has applied them in enterprise development
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and preferably a MS in Computer Science and 5 years work experience in a data intensive highly scalable environment
- Candidates should possess good problem solving, data analysis, design, and testing skills.
- A good candidate works hard, is a quick learner and is eager to leverage new technologies and able to balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
- Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership on projects, an aptitude for generating innovative solutions, a bias toward action and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Advanced Java software development experience in Unix * Advanced scripting (ksh/Perl/Ruby) experience
- Advanced Unix systems administration experience
- Experience in web services (i.e. GWT, HTTPD, Tomcat, XML)
- Experience with protocols such as: o PKI, SAML, SSH, LDAPo TCP/IP, SOAP/HTTP, JMS/Tuxedo/WSMQ
- Some experience with NoSQL DB experience as well
- Experience with Rational Tools, Clearcase or other source control equivalent
- Eclipse ID
Candidates should be able to:
- Automate builds/packaging/deployment/test.
- Configure Unix systems, build/package/deploy custom products and COTS for production environment.
- Develop test plans and perform unit and integration testing.
- Provide support on test environment bed used for development and integration testing
- Troubleshoot, and provide solutions for Unix system configuration
- Improve development and integration process tools
- Provide production support on released software and on integrated messaging software
Indeed - 20 months ago