Key Energy Services Employee Reviews in United States

Team assistance was ready to help if needed, team leader cooperation was to look after for yourself. Benefits were average.
Heavy Truck Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 13, 2016
Advancement in my field was limited and when positions became available relocation was necessary. Was not impressed with management to look out for the teams best interest. The company had a good safety culture.
Pros
Good working experience with unfamiliar equipment, working indoors. shop atmosphere
Cons
The industry strongly relies on oil field activity and will fluxtuate rapidly, as avtivity slows employment is reduced.
Very unreliable company to work for
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXApril 16, 2016
Key Energy is always out for number one, themselves. They care very little about their employees and do everything they can for the advancement of the management teams. When pay cuts were issued across the board.. the board did not include any of the management. All of the supervisors remained at their current pay rates, and some of them even got raises. Many people lost their jobs, but were not fired or laid off, Key just kept cutting pay and hours until people had no choice but to quit to find another job where they would be able to afford their rent and to put food on the table.
Pros
Paid Vacations, Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance.
Cons
No offical breaks, no compassion for employees, very little employee appreciation
Great company and great benefits, but needs better management
Reverse Unit Operator (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXJuly 12, 2016
Work environment was good, sometimes had to drive up to 4 hour a day from work and back. Some days were long depending on the area you were woking at. Management was not the best, but the equipment was well kept and in great conditions.
Pros
Money is awesome
Cons
16 hour days not including 2-4 hour drives
Protuctive great and good co-workers
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 11, 2016
Learn a lot about safety
Work well with others
Has a lot of classes to improve any type of skills you need to imporove for the job
Management took care of you and tried to help on your needs
I think the hard part is different schedule from departments
Pros
free lunches, prizes
Cons
prices on heath care is a little high
Oil Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2016
Typical work day starts at 5am and doesn't have an end time. I've learned to keep safety in mind at every turn and to keep a watchful eye on my co-worker to keep them safe as well. Management doesn't give clear directions to supervisors or hourly personnel. Co-workers have become my second family and have worked hard together to keep each other safe on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is now enduring the dwindling market for oil prices which has directly affected everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I performed a hard days work that I can be very proud of.
good work environment
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXMay 5, 2016
Would typical start the day in a good mood, because i had really good supervisors, they treated me far, i learned a lot from them they where really good teachers, most of the co-workers where good to work with also, hardest part was the swing shift work, the most enjoyably part was getting to work with my supervisor.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
not having a job to go do
Productive Work Place
Driller, Started as Rig Supervisor in 1991 (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 23, 2016
Great place to work hours were long and work was hard. Well trained individuals worked side by side in daily operations. Hardest part about the job was being on the road for long periods of time. Management always provided for daily operations.
Great place to learn and keep a positive attitude.
Pipeplant Tech (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Hardworking, sweating, going home happy because I know I worked hard.
I learned that what fishing tools and service rentals has nothing to do with fishing poles, they are tools that are used to fish out unwanted tools or equipment in the well board.

Management trusted us to get work done without being over our shoulder every 3 minutes.

Working in the heat would probably be one of the hardest parts of the job.

The most enjoyable: probably would have to be learning and being trusted.
Pros
One hour lunch, very safe, learned
Cons
not much overtime, had to wear used FRCs
Key Energy Services
Business Development ans Sr. Sales Represenatitive (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Key is a traditional O&G Service Company.
Key provided a over solid structure for work and a safe oil field culture. Safe and good, hard working people are all you see at Key Energy Services. Do to internal changes and Key's inability to maintain core experienced personal, the Operations and overall quality and customer service has been sacrificed.
At this time Key does not have the core management or tenured experience needed in its ranks.
Key Energy Services runs on its name that was earned from the past, in today's market Key is nothing more than a banking establishments poor investment.
good pay
SAFETY CAPTAIN/TRAINER/FLOOR HAND (Former Employee) –  Taft, CA 93268June 14, 2016
this is a job with good pay but upper management lacks quality and their is not any respect for any hardwork done. It is very difficult to move up without being friends of the people on top.
Pros
pay and the people
Cons
bad upper management
Leader in well intervention
Director of Business Development (OK, N TX, N LA) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 12, 2016
Overall had a great career, until changes in management occurred. Regional Vice President had a different business philosophy than what my previous managers had.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much red tape
Great Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 7, 2016
I love working at Key, but unfortunately market conditions are eroding oil services companies, and with Key's stock at all time lows, it might be a matter of time before more people are out of work.
great employees to work with. Good pay
Fishing tool supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 13, 2016
get up before the chickens and get home after the owls are asleep, but the pay is good. I was taught how to manager time effciently and effectively. the hardest part of the job was the rig up and the rig down. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay
Pros
great crew to work with
Cons
management was unsupportive and deceitful
Very physical job
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXApril 5, 2016
Work 12 hours a day. I've learned the mechanics of an oil rig and worked with the same crew for 3 years.

The hardest part of the job sometimes is being away from home. The most enjoyable part of it is that it's mostly physical which I enjoy.
very exciting to work at this company
asset management (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Doing excel spreadsheets
Going out in field to do an asset audit on the yard your are specified
and turn them on time
make sure that every equipment is look at and counted on the audit report
quotes on buying and selling equipment within the company
Pros
meals paid on out town trips
Cons
breaks when needed
Good company that cares
service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jane Lew, WVJanuary 10, 2016
In the oil and gas it has ups and downs. I have learned a lot with this company in coil tubing, The management and coworkers are great to woke with. This year has been the hardest with no jobs coming in and have been lay offs with more to come.
Pros
Great job and company to work for
Cons
Can't make money when there has been no jobs all year
competitive and fullfilling work.
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 1, 2016
fun fast paced work zone. competitive pay, benefits. but very unstable they are quick to lay off and rehire people depending on contracts.
Pros
pay, time off
Cons
unstable, unloyal
Great employees
VacTruck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 9, 2016
If your looking to get in the oilfield key is a good start they don't mind hiring people I worked there almost 5 years made good money
Pros
Time flies by during the day
Cons
Too much paperwork
very good company
pump System Operator, refinery operator, gauger (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 26, 2016
As driver if you want the hours an the money it is there, Its a company to grow. I meet really good people at Key, also the management was very good
Good people
driver (Current Employee) –  Snyder, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Liked working there, liked the people. When the work was there is was good. When it is not then it is bad. Uiy078ruiwoavbiascsalvbliecfberigeiprugafvsdjngpiearubfiqerniasrefpeuq4ithpergnpvigdranvipquernpfnpuarpiufpqewuhfpeunerunfoiwnfpeourngpouerngpuasrgnpqeuiohrpqewthopefq[erit[gof

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Key Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Key Energy Services Reviews by Location