Key Energy Services Employee Reviews

Key energy
Payroll Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Great place to work, good location, salary. Bonus structure leans to Executives instead of the working class. The Oil and Gas Industry is in a slump right now so we have seen several lay-offs in our company.
Fast pace work,
Senior Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 19, 2017
Fast pace work. Don't always have immediate supervisor support.
Hard to get required and necessary tools for required job. They constantly breakup crews that work well together and introduce new people
Workhorse
Operations Support/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 15, 2017
You will not be viewed as a person, they only care about numbers. What is in their best interest, not the employees. They do not care if you can pay your bills as long as they get paid.
Overall Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 12, 2017
Overall, it was a good place to work. They are committed to providing quality services. However, the focus switched to financial survival as time went on.
Productive and great employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2017
I met many great people at Key Energy and even though I was an Intern, I made great friends and mentors. The best was holidays for the amazing food and entertainment.
Pros
big parties
good job
Vac-Truck/ Wench Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  McKittrick, CAJune 8, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Great people to work with. The job it self as a vac driver was not hard at all. Supervisors were all awesome to work for.
Pros
Home at night
Cons
Hour drive away from home
Key Energy-Overall was a good company-Sad to see it go
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2017
A diverse oil service company and once the leader in the industry.
The culture has recently become completely destroyed by new management. No resemblance of the once dynamic company it was.
Hard to watch the demise of what took many years to build . Once was a very successful company where people were truly valued for their contribution to success.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Moral Character of Integrity in management
Oil Field Service Company that is Nation wide.
Senior Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2017
Meet with customers at office and well locations. Provide different customers with different products. Pending on the stage of completion their well is in. Provide customers with cost savings solutions and products.
Overall, management was great. They allowed us to do our jobs and would assist in gathering equipment to our location. Provides us with the up to date training and encouraged advance training for most equipment.
24 hour service company and must be willing to provide service and products around the clock.
Hardest part of the job, was the travel. It was well rewarding in the long run.
I enjoyed the people and the customers that I served.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Great people to work for, Great products to deliver.
Cons
Long hours, over 60% traveling
Tough industry these days
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 31, 2017
Tough industry to be in these these days. Bad oil prices hurting oil service companies. Razor thin margins and tough labor market. Good environment to work in other than the climate.
not bad
Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 18, 2017
good hours. Bad management. Way to corporate. bad weather. worst pay in area. they promise you things and NEVER deliver. Some good people to work around.
Pros
pay
Cons
weather
Best job I ever had.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Freer, TXMay 5, 2017
the job was challenging at times, but it was fun since I never had to do so much critical thinking. Good pay and good hours. Management could do some improvements.
Its ok
Derrick Hand/operator (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXApril 29, 2017
Its a good company to work for... not very good in pay but has good benefits and there is good people to work with in the compny. Management takes care of there people up to what they can do.
Good Company, Growing Pains
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 25, 2017
Good Company to work for, lots of 20+ years employees. Sometimes the processes and rules get to be too much but it's all with good intention. Key is really just a bunch of companies that were bought out so there are many different cultures and not everyone is on the same page sometimes.
Key
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  San Ardo, CAApril 24, 2017
Great job the start out in the Oil Fields. Pay is decent however job security is not. Was laid off after my first year working there and decided to change jobs.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job Security
Independent company
Purchasing Agent II (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 20, 2017
Laid back, get the job done position, Friendly, family oriented, do job - go home, pretty straight forward company, minimum supervision, great Regional manager
Ok place to work.
Rig Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 12, 2017
Stressful. Oilfields, need I say more. Started out good. Things kept changing seemed like almost every day. Have to report to several people. Its an ok job.
Ok work place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYApril 7, 2017
Lack of management
Lack of incentives
Safe work place
Good employees
They teach to be the safest you can be in the oil and gas field with training and classes
Great Place
District Manager (Former Employee) –  NM. LA, overseasMarch 25, 2017
Great place to work. Very concerned and family orientated. Very strict on any safety concerns. Great pay but long hours. Would recommend for young person that wants a career. Listens to concerns of the community
Great Productivity
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARMarch 10, 2017
I loved everything about this job. The employees and management were great. I enjoyed my responsibilities. The only reason I no longer work for this company is because it shut down.
The hardest part of my job was leaving.
Operations Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77010March 7, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Key Energy Services. I held a variety of positions. It would be difficult to pick my favorite one.

Everyday was different depending upon what rigs were working and where they were working. I learned about team work working at Key Energy Services. I was fortunate to work with very knowledgeable rig supervisors. They were always willing to answer my questions.

I traveled to Midland to learn a new purchasing system. i then traveled throughout the United States to different offices and implemented the new system. Traveling to the different locations allowed me to observe the different practices in each office. i tried to take the best practices back to my office. I enjoyed meeting people I had talked to either on the phone or through emails. It was nice to put a face with a voice.
Pros
There was always something to do.
Cons
The internet server would go down periodically

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Key Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval