Key Energy Services

Key Energy Services Employer Reviews

Layoffs in North Dakota
CDL Driver (Former Employee), Tioga, NDNovember 1, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: poor communication
Thought we had a job, found out one morning with no notice that we didn't. Only 40 hr severance??? After years of work for these guys!
Oracle financials functional consultant
Oracle financials business analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Oracle financials functional consultant here it was good working with team.
Great Atmosphere to work in
Operations Admin Support (Current Employee), Tioga, NDOctober 22, 2014
My day at Key was very busy. I got along great with the management team as well as with my co-workers. We all worked together in order to get the job done.
Loved my job!!!
Payroll Clerk AR Clerk Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee), Shreveport , LouisianaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: breaks, paid holidays, technology and coworkes
Cons: salary
I enjoyed working for Key, I loved what I did. I learned so much from my amazing mangers and I also taught them things. Key Energy is a wonderful company to work for and if I get the opportunity to work for them again I would take it.
Driver (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: ....
...............................apply somewhere else. not worth the headache
was a great place to work
Tuck driver (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company until they had to lay off their employees. My co-workers were very friendly and the management was also. The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy equipment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being out in the open and meeting lots of new people.
Key Energy
Field Sales (Former Employee), Alice, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: working with operations was great
Cons: houston business development droup/sales out of touch with s. tx.
Talk to corporate managers and talk to Alice TX. operations and then made sales call in Eagle Ford
what I learned work is there butt no workforce
Management out of touch
Co Workers great
Not having equipment or manpower and I work with four managers in six months
Making sales calls
corporate hoops made performing job duties difficult
District Manager (Former Employee), Elk City OklahomaJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work included hydra-walk maintenance, performing audits, job coordination, daily reports, weekly conference calls, hiring workers, and maintaining the office and yard.
The hardest part of the job was jumping too many hoops to properly perform job duties.
very laid back environment
DISPATCHER (Former Employee), Heber Springs, ARJuly 28, 2014
Pros: close to my home, health insurance
Cons: company relocated
Always a new challenge fast paced environment. Getting loads and getting drivers out, invoicing runs, working with other transport companies to cover loads.
management needs more communication and respect for their workers
Roustabout Crew leader (Current Employee), Granbury, TXJuly 14, 2014
Going to clean out a sandx, drive to the location. Once there unload what you will be using for this specific job clean out the tank then drive back to the yard if you have no other jobs lined up.
Honestly this job has taught me a whole lot in this industry im very greatful for. My problem with this job/ yard is the managemnt..
Great mentors and teachers. Key had a number of intelligent employees.
Coil Tubing Supervisor (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: crew, pay, benefits, learning and ability to teach.
Cons: no days off during the end, forcing drivers to drive illegally.
Supervised a number of different Coil tubing jobs all over Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma. I learned so much more than I thought I could ever learn. My management team was very supportive in so many aspects. Now that I have had time to be in the operations side of the business, I understand what they were trying to do during some of the times I was frustrated. – more... My co-workers and crew members where outstanding and have went on to become great coil hands themselves. The hardest part of my job was the summer heat and working through the different types of weather. The most enjoyable part of my job was being close to my crew and treating like my own family. We spent more time together than we did our own families. I really miss those days. – less
Not a good company
Truck Driver/Serviceman (Former Employee), Garrison, TXJuly 2, 2014
I had a discrimanation case with Key. They are very formal and not adequate about racial discrimination.
Almost 9 YEARS AND THEY LEFT ME IN THE DERRICK!!!
Derrickman/Relief Operator/Safetyman (Former Employee), Riverton, WYJune 24, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: they discriminate and make faulty management decisions
They left me in the derrick for 9 years and advanced young less qualified employees. I loved working for the corporation. It was management who seemed to be the problem. If you weren't a druggy, if you didn't wine and dine your operator you were not going to go anywhere. They chose less qualified people and advanced them, knowing I was better for the – more... job. I was more responsible, more qualified to operate over someone with no experience, but they chose to train them instead. Too much politics and upper management not caring enough to advance me knowing they should.
They did not advance people due to job performance and years of service. They advanced people according to who their daddy was, and who they wanted. A lot of the problems would have been prevented if they would have advanced the right people instead of people that were going to get a DUI before they made it home. They discriminated against me on several accounts. – less
Working in a new industry and working with knowlegable people was enjoyable. Everyone was willing to help me in any way.
Sales (Former Employee), Alice, TX & El Campo,TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: very good working enviroment.
Cons: never ending university on line training and reporting.
Key Energy was a new product line for me technically although I've been around it for several years. My experience in the cased hole wireline industry made me some what knowledgeable about the products. I enjoyed working with the Key Energy personell I was working with. Even though Key Energy made the decision to downsize the personell in El Campo due – more... to the low activity in the area, I have no bad feeling toward Key Energy. Key Energy is very high in training in operations and safety. A typical work day was usually 7am to 5pm with occasionally having to leave home at 4 or 5am and not getting in till after 7pm. The hardest part of this job was the ever learning of the different types of each product out there such as thread types, different elevator types for different tubulars and learning the different equipment for the so many different types of services. The fishing tools I would say was the hardest because of the vast array bof different type tools available. All in all it was a great experience. – less
Key Energy Services
Shop Foreman/Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), Bakersfield,CAJune 22, 2014
Good Place to work. Some times it is just time for change. I would not discourage anyone from giving a a few years.
Ok, not best place to work
Tanker Truck Driver, Trans/VAC Operator (Former Employee), Granbury, TXJune 1, 2014
Working at this company was fine in the beginning, later on peoples true colors started to show...I did not like working for this company....The management is poorly ran...People are for their selves only
Not a Good Experience
SHOP/ FIELD MECHANIC KEY ENERGY SERVICES (Current Employee), Mills, WYApril 24, 2014
The Management was unstable and is holding people back. The Work and co-employees were good.
Active
Floorhand (Former Employee), Riverton, WyApril 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: weather, sometimes hours
Working with Key I learned the value of safety. I also worked with a great group of guys they always looked out for me. The hardest part of being a floorhand was getting up everyday early just to get to location. The most enjoyable part about working with key was expierencing the work and the traveling.
Better be related to someone
Floor Hand (Current Employee), Morrilton, ARApril 14, 2014
Pros: good per deim and pay when you get to work
Cons: childish, only let you work when they dont want to play while travling.
Advancement apparently only applies if your dad or brother works there and then you can boss everyone around, take their work then push them completely out of a job and the ethic line does not answer you. much less return your call. no wonder they are being dumped by SWN
good place to work.
Volunteering for United Way (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: they were struggling at the time.
Liked working there. Made a bad decision not to transfer to Williston N. Dakota and Tioga lost a lot of business and had to go find a place to make the money.

1 2 3 4

About Key Energy Services

Energy is the key to growth for Key Energy Services, one of the US's largest well-servicing and workover companies. The company – Read more

Key Energy Services Photos