Key Energy Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2016
I was very pleased to work here. This company was a great Company and was the one company I felt like I was going to be advancing to our Houston Office and soon bring my son into years down the road and would be my retirement company.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits
Very good company to work for
COIL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jane Lew, WVJanuary 29, 2016
Had oppertunity to advance quik in company and did so quikly asigned a crew in less than a year had lotsa field support and enjoyed the employees
Pros
GOOD SALARY
Cons
NONE
I would go back.
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Key was a great company to work for. My immediate manager was the true reason I was there as long as I was. Co-workers were great. Best part of my job was all the interesting people I met.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Cons
Salary
Key Energy Services
Business Development ans Sr. Sales Represenatitive (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Key is a traditional O&G Service Company.
Key provided a over solid structure for work and a safe oil field culture. Safe and good, hard working people are all you see at Key Energy Services. Do to internal changes and Key's inability to maintain core experienced personal, the Operations and overall quality and customer service has been sacrificed.
At this time Key does not have the core management or tenured experience needed in its ranks.
Key Energy Services runs on its name that was earned from the past, in today's market Key is nothing more than a banking establishments poor investment.
Great Company and good oil field company
Full-time Coil Operator/Supervisory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXOctober 23, 2015
A good Oil field company to work for, the coil tubing department is a good field I have learned a lot about the industry and down hole operations, great benefits and co-workers
Pros
oil field experience
Cons
slow at times
Oil Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 24, 2016
Typical work day starts at 5am and doesn't have an end time. I've learned to keep safety in mind at every turn and to keep a watchful eye on my co-worker to keep them safe as well. Management doesn't give clear directions to supervisors or hourly personnel. Co-workers have become my second family and have worked hard together to keep each other safe on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is now enduring the dwindling market for oil prices which has directly affected everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I performed a hard days work that I can be very proud of.
Schlumberger is a great technical company
Systems Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 20, 2015
Schlumberger is a good company that strives to make its employees feel valued and it does a great job.
The management is steady and dedicated to customer service and employee growth. Pair that with the company's employee support policy and that makes for a very satisfying environment for employee performance.
Pros
great benefits and great pay
Enjoyed working with my crew
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OKSeptember 20, 2015
Enjoyed working with my crew, They shut the yard down and we were all laid off. Long hours and short times at home. Hard working team work were essential for this job.
Pros
Salary and crew
Cons
long hours lack of sleep and closure.
Very unreliable company to work for
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXApril 16, 2016
Key Energy is always out for number one, themselves. They care very little about their employees and do everything they can for the advancement of the management teams. When pay cuts were issued across the board.. the board did not include any of the management. All of the supervisors remained at their current pay rates, and some of them even got raises. Many people lost their jobs, but were not fired or laid off, Key just kept cutting pay and hours until people had no choice but to quit to find another job where they would be able to afford their rent and to put food on the table.
Pros
Paid Vacations, Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance.
Cons
No offical breaks, no compassion for employees, very little employee appreciation
Excellent working environment.
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXSeptember 15, 2015
This was definitely one of my favorite jobs, I really enjoyed working with this company. I got to learn a lot from other workers on my crew and I loved the fact of having opportunity to move my way up with the company. Every job we would do would be different and I enjoyed the different working conditions.
Pros
Great salary
Great Place to work
Hydra-walk Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 8, 2015
Great benefits and career opportunity. Room for growth and great hands on experience in training and safety guidelines
Decent company Decent benefits
FIELD MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Lafayette laSeptember 1, 2015
Good company itself good benefits balance of home and work is chaotic at best having to be on the road constantly or on call was alright but not the best. co-workers we great management was a bit difficult to deal with
Pros
company truck
Cons
too much time at work
multiple Lines of business and locations across the USA
N E, G C, S.TX Division manager, District manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2015
24 1/2 years of employment from floor hand, derrick hand, driller, rig supervisor, district manager, division manager, operational regional manager. in South Texas, Gulf Coast, Eastern USA, Northeast USA and startup operations in Mexico.
Pros
Good benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
low oil and gas prices effect this business resulting in layoffs.
Team assistance was ready to help if needed, team leader cooperation was to look after for yourself. Benefits were average.
Heavy Truck Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 13, 2016
Advancement in my field was limited and when positions became available relocation was necessary. Was not impressed with management to look out for the teams best interest. The company had a good safety culture.
Pros
Good working experience with unfamiliar equipment, working indoors. shop atmosphere
Cons
The industry strongly relies on oil field activity and will fluxtuate rapidly, as avtivity slows employment is reduced.
Great place to learn and keep a positive attitude.
Pipeplant Tech (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Hardworking, sweating, going home happy because I know I worked hard.
I learned that what fishing tools and service rentals has nothing to do with fishing poles, they are tools that are used to fish out unwanted tools or equipment in the well board.

Management trusted us to get work done without being over our shoulder every 3 minutes.

Working in the heat would probably be one of the hardest parts of the job.

The most enjoyable: probably would have to be learning and being trusted.
Pros
One hour lunch, very safe, learned
Cons
not much overtime, had to wear used FRCs
Great pay, with the sacrifice of life quality.
Rig Operator - 1 Year (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 23, 2015
Fast pace job that requires a lot of knowledge of the trait as well as hard work and dedication. Most days consist of tripping pipe and or rods in and out of the hole, as well as changing forms of well control when you change over. Working to keep the crew focused on the task at hand and keep them safety conscious at such a fast pace. I have learned very much about the oilfield production, and completion sides including diagnosis of wells and why certain actions should be taken to increse the performance and production of the well. I feel management needs some work for these reasons, lack of communication, always changing hands around, preach safety, expect different, and lack of scheduled maintenance. For the most part the people you work with on the rigs are good people, most need to focus a bit more on the job though. The hardest part of this job as an operator is trying to keep your crew on the same page during daily job tasks when your crew changes from day to day. I really enjoy the fast pace work in the oilfield, and the amount of knowledge readily available.
Pros
pay, benifits, advancement, overtime
Cons
management, working in -40 degrees, cost of living, quality of life
Floor hand / Relief operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 22, 2016
I have worked in the oil fields all my life and they are a great company to work for. lots of opportunity's at this job. just work hard and come every day to work and you will move up.
Cons
Good company in a tough industry
vice president human resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Key has been a great place to work the past 11 years. The challenging part of working for this oil and gas services company are the ups and downs in oil and gas pricing worldwide. During down times it is hard to make a profit and companies like Key are forced to reduce costs, many in the form of reductions in force.

I loved working with the people at Key. The people made the company what it is. And it is the people I will miss the most as I now pursue other opportunities. The culture is laid back, with hard working committed employees. I did not find it to be political, but rather a group of employees working hard to make it a successful company.

The thing I enjoyed the most was the variety of work I was involved with. In a small to medium sized company like Key, job descriptions do not dictate what people do. The strengths of employees really dictated where they went in the organization and how their skills were utilized.

I enjoyed my experience at Key and am grateful for the opportunities I was given.
Pros
Culture, people, variety of work
Cons
Tough industry with many ups and downs make it hard to get traction on initiatives at times.
Oilfield rig work
Rig Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2015
type day long hot, cold day. Must have a very hard working background and a team player. Pay is good with okay benefits. Hardest part of the job with be man handling 250 pound pipe off the ground by hand.
Great company and great benefits, but needs better management
Reverse Unit Operator (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXJuly 12, 2016
Work environment was good, sometimes had to drive up to 4 hour a day from work and back. Some days were long depending on the area you were woking at. Management was not the best, but the equipment was well kept and in great conditions.
Pros
Money is awesome
Cons
16 hour days not including 2-4 hour drives

Key Energy Services Reviews by Location