Key Professional Media, Inc. is seeking a Web Developer/Database Technician to help expand our online initiatives and support the growth and development of Super Doctors® and Super Dentists® , two nationally-leading physician rating services.
Key Professional Media, the researcher and publisher of Super Doctors and Super Dentists , releases listings of outstanding physicians from more than 41 medical specialties who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. We ask doctors and dentists to nominate one or more colleagues (excluding themselves) they would choose in seeking medical care. The Super Doctors research team then investigates further to find exceptional physicians to complement the results. Candidates are evaluated on the indicators of peer recognition, professional achievement and disciplinary history.
After being grouped into 41 medical specialties, professionals with the highest scores from each group are invited to serve on a blue ribbon panel and asked to evaluate the candidates in their specialty. Finally, physicians who acquire the highest total points from the surveys, research and blue ribbon panel are selected for inclusion the Super Doctors and Super Dentists listings.
Super Doctors and Super Dentists are published online and in print as a special advertising section in leading newspapers and city and regional magazines.
The candidate will be responsible for the enhancement and maintenance of existing digital properties, maintaining existing and creating large scale databases, executing email marketing campaigns, and providing digital sales support. Such activities include enhancing the user experience, data import/export synchronization with FileMaker, and SEO improvement.
Requirements / Ideal Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working with PHP and MySQL or equivalent web scripting/database experience. PHP expertise is essential.
- Experience with Zend or other PHP MVC framework a definite plus
- Experience developing web application on LAMP stack
- Experience working in a Linux server environment over SSH
- User/Developer level of exposure to Linux/Unix
- Experience with email campaigns using Exact Target or like vendor
- Direct experience developing large scale, web-based applications
- Solid HTML/XHTML/XML development skills using non-visual tools and IDE’s
- Experience using virtual machines for development and QA
- Experience using a source control system such as Subversion
- Experience in SEO and online marketing
- Sales Support and analytics (Google analytics)
- Good knowledge of object oriented design and design patterns
The ideal candidate will also have excellent problem solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, will have a desire to work in close-knit development teams on multiple fast-track projects, and will have a creative and collaborative work style focused on end results.
Benefits and Compensation:
We recognize that employees are our greatest assets and we provide them with a competitive compensation package which includes a wide range of attractive benefits including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, sick time and holidays as well as additional optional benefits.
To apply, please provide cover letter and resume or CV