Key Resource Group, LLC Employee Reviews

Worst experience ever.
Employee (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: unprofessional
I'll start from the beginning.

I sent my resume to a bunch of job postings with no response for many months.

Finally, I got a response from their Buffalo location. My recruiter was nice, but very fake. – more... I never really trusted her but went with it. She finally got me a job, albeit a temp position, but a job. I was ecstatic, and very happy in my position.

After the first day (Monday), she texted me asking me how everything was going, and I let her know it went great. She asked me again on a Wednesday, and at that point everything was really going great. On Thursday I was on my way home from the job (I take a bus) and I got a TEXT from her letting me know that I do not need to return to the job, and that they were ending the assignment. I was floored, my jaw dropped and I was holding back tears. She just turned my life upside down in a text.

My first thought was that I had stuff there and I asked her if I could go get it, she told me she would grab it for me. I then asked her if I did something wrong or what happened, she told me "Can we chat tomorrow?" I asked her again, what happened? to which she responded "I'm out with my daughter, we'll catch up later." So I let it go.

The next day I went to go get my stuff from her at her office. She claimed to have gotten in late because of weather (at 11 am) Conveniently, there was a convention going on at that time and there was absolutely no parking downtown. I texted her to tell her I had no where to park so she told me she'd bring my stuff down to me. She ran it down, tapped my shoulder said "Call me!" and ran back inside.

I still have no idea what happened, whether it was something I did or something she did, or whatever, but I am not calling this woman. I will not sit on the phone while she dances around the subject and feeds me junk. I am beyond disgusted with how this situation was handled. I deserve way more than a text.

I will never deal with this company again and I will never go through an agency again. – less
legal assistant
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo NYFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: multiple
I have read many of the reviews about KRG. I highly agree with the reviews from individuals seeking employment as a legal assistant. I had the misfortune if working with KRG when they were on Sheridan – more... Drive in Williamsville. They have you come in and take multiple tests. Tests that a child could complete. Then they send you to interviews all over the place and waste your time. You call your recruiter to say you saw a listing posted by KRG that you are interested in and want an interview but the recruiter says "that isnt a good fit for you". First of all does that job even exist? Second, I am interested in the job, I contacted you, I want to go speak with them. Let ME decide if its a good fit or not. In addition, this particular recruiter had a really high opinion of herself. She insisted she knew it all. She was a big disappointment as were her services. I would not recommend this placement agency. – less
Don't waste your time
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2015
They had me come in and take all of their tests and said I was a good candidate, but then I never heard from them again. I saw several jobs that I was more than qualified for and even emailed the recruiter – more... I was "working with," but never ever received a response. I have 5 years of experience working as a Legal Assistant so I was a little bit surprised that I never heard anything at all, especially when they were posting numerous Legal Assistant jobs at the time and for months after. It was a total waste of my time, and to be completely ignored is just infuriating. – less
Look somewhere else for a placement agency
legal (Former Employee), BuffaloJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: a lot
KRG is not what it used to be. You can interview with them, take their tests, submit your resume to them, etc., (and waste your time interviewing with them) and they still publish jobs that you would be qualified for and you hear NOTHING from them. Very, very disappointed with the quality of their service. Submit your resumes to other employment agencies where you'll get more positive results.
honest, upfront, and easy to work with
seceretary (Current Employee), buffalo, nyDecember 28, 2014
So far I have had a really great experience with Key Resource Group. The recruiter I met with was extremely professional and I felt like he actually took the time to get to know me during our interview. – more... He was extremely honest and told me that KRG is just another part of my job search, that he might find something for me, or he might not, but regardless he will keep me in the loop. After dealing with so many agencies that will say to your face "hang in there I am positive I will find you something", I really appreciated the honesty. Being told that they don't get paid by me, the employee, but rather the employer, put things into perspective a little. Overall I have had a great experience so far. Everyone was extremely nice to me and it's clear the guy I spoke with loves his job. I have some availability issues and KRG was still able to find me exactly what I needed on the days I needed it. It's work that I enjoy doing and I couldn't be happier. – less
Helping Themselves Not Applicants
Applicant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 23, 2014
I met with a KRG recruiter, took their tests (repeatedly) did very well and consistently communicated with two different reps. I had one interview at an architecture firm (?) and then nothing. I submitted – more... a CV, asked for suggestions. Then I received a very curt e-mail telling me:
"Our legal clients are paying us a sizable fee to identify candidates with specific skills and experience. Our clients expectations are very high. The job market is extremely competitive at this point, and I’m not sure we could help find you opportunities at this time."
I guess the MASTER'S degree didn't measure up to their expectations!! Don't waste your time with this firm. – less
KRG is awesome!
LEGAL SECRETARY (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 16, 2014
I have always been skeptical of temp agencies, but I am so glad I decided to work with Key Resource Group, LLC. They have placed me at a great law firm where I am working a temporary 3 month assignment and I absolutely love it! Everyone at KRG has been extremely friendly and helpful and I would recommend them to any legal assistant/paralegal who is looking for work!
Waste of time and questionable practices
none (Former Employee), upstate, NYJune 2, 2014
Cons: really wasnt willing to help
Before I relocated to another state for more opportunity, I met with KRG seeking employment as a legal assistant for starters. I was really interested in a paralegal career, so I obtained my 4 year degree – more... in legal studies and a certificate in paralegal. I was told by KRG that because I didn't have any experience working in a legal setting, they would not be able to find me a position. I was determined to get this experience so I ended up volunteering in a law office. I just so happened to meet a lady whom KRG helped get a job at that same law office hired as a legal assistant; she had no education higher than high school and no legal experience what so ever. Seems a bit weird that KRG didn't at least try to help me. – less
KRG Staff Have Poor Customer Service Skills
Temp Employee (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Very disappointed with my time spent with KRG. My first recruiter specialist left the company without even telling me - even though I met with her 1 week before she left. All of my computer and typing – more... skills tests, etc. were "lost" in a file. I had to retake some of them until a new recruiter was assigned to me. I sent several emails to her before I was told all of this occurred. I lost time in having them help me find work. Currently, I am emailing the current recruiter to see if KRG is still working to help me find work. In return, I receive very "short" responses claiming that nothing is available. I feel less like they are aiding me in my job search and more like I am "bothering" them. I do not recommend them if you are looking for work. Very poor customer service skills. Unreliable. – less
Enjoy place to wokr
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (temporary) (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYMay 13, 2013
I loved working for this place. I was so sad when I was let go. It was a temp job. I loved my co workers, everyone got along.