Key Safety Systems Employee Reviews

I loved this job
Backup Cell-lead & Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 11, 2016
Assembled, packed, shipped, inspect, record & over analyze: I worked along an assembly line performing a specialized task that helped move a good towards the consumer market. I adhere to safety guidelines & ensure that final products meet high-quality standards. I maintained the machinery necessary to perform a specialized task. Additionally, I gained an understanding of industry standards & regulations in order to safely & efficiently operate the machinery. I kept records of their (work progress) output & compare it with a production schedule.​
Pros
Great work pay
Cons
Small breaks & lunch
Slow paced enviorment
Cell Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 15, 2015
Working pay depends on your shift and position you hold. Most of the staff seem to be and terrible moods. You do, however, receive a payed 15 minute break, but, a 25 minute non-paid break. The machines all are incredible faulty, and it takes technicians practically hours just to jury-rig to work semi-appropriately. Scrap parts and bad airbag inflators are made in excess. Most of the employees there stress between hitting an hourly quota and trying not to produce excessive scraps, taking no time to pay attention to the quality of their parts. Management is on a neutral basis, nothing much good to say, yet there isn't much bad to say.
Pros
Good Pay, availability to move up in positions
Cons
Bad work environment, broken machines, lousy work attitudes, no paid lunch, constant stress, uncontrolled work factors
Great learning opportunity
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 27, 2015
Excellent work hours with flexibility. Work& life balance as well. The perfect job for me but the position was long term temp only.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no benefits
great company
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 11, 2015
This is an awesome company, great people, would recommend to anyone at anytime for anything they have to offer. Great employer
very good job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALMarch 12, 2015
typical work day would include inspecting parts and packaging them for shipment. nice management and very effective job to learn at. very easy job with great benefits.
Fast paced assembly warehouse
Packers and Packagers, Hand (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 2, 2015
Making, inspecting,packing and, shipping 210 parts out per hour. Packing the products in boxes for the shipping departments also stacking pallets.
Pros
air conditiion warehouse, benefits
Cons
no management control
Productive,fun,and the making life long friends
Quality Cell Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJanuary 18, 2015
This was the main job in my life. I started out on the production line then went into quality and became the quality lead. I learned how to supervise team members, work in a team, problem solving,black belt classes,mgr. reporting,deal with suppliers and overall know all duties of the quality system. My team members were hard working and fun loving. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and being a part of a team.
Pros
good pay, good hours and good people
Cons
layoff of some hard working people
Productive and fun
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2014
I loved the people I worked with , they were friendly and helpful .
I would come in to work to be greet by my coworkers
I left because I went to school in Kentucky .
Good pay if you like to be belittled and micro managed.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 17, 2014
I have never had a job where during an employee review I was forced to sit and listen to how great my supervisor thought he was. I have also never put so much effort into something for not even so much as recognition of my achievements on the job. This company is full of people who all want to be in charge and all that lead to was nothing ever being accomplished properly or in a timely fashion. I would never recommend anyone ever work for this company.
fast paced
material handeler (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2014
very run down forklift (broke down most of the time), hard to get work done without equipment, no support from upper management, coworkers were good to work with, the hardest part of my job was getting a working forklift.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
very poor uppermanagement
it was a good job to work at
assembly line worker and cell lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 23, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with The job kept me pretty active. And the pay was very good for what I did.
Pros
had heath insurance and had retirement .
Cons
the company kept saying they was moveing to mexico and china.
Move to another state
Forklift Operator/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 27, 2013
Company Overall Rate Good Benefits Jop Security Work/Lift Balance
Family environment in the beginning
Inspector/Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 9, 2013
One type of job to know what you are doing. Work only 7 1/2 hours a day. Knowing that these parts are life saving in an automobile
Pros
knowing you might be saving a life
Cons
early morning hours.
Interesting Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 4, 2013
Overall the people are great here. I have an issue with how my boss treats his employees. I have been trying to switch groups, but the HR department is useless and they do not seem to do anything with my requests and concerns. I do feel like I valued enough. I work hard while others can get away with doing nothing. Seems like that is how to move up at Key though.
Pros
flexible hours, great colleagues
Cons
undertrained-managers, bank owned company
production line
Assembly Operator/ Cell lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2013
being able to get some leadership skills. i learned how to work on a production line and work better as a team.
Great Job
Machinery Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2013
This Job hired me very quickly after a short time as a temp. The management is very professional.
Great workplace
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Maryville tnNovember 15, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Keysafety
Great Benefits
Great Management
Team players
Very matured team mates. good work ethic, a great management
Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 5, 2012
I learned how to manage team in this company. Developed many applications using VB.NET. Coached, and trained newly hired employees. Built a strong team. Received award for cutting down the cost, while improving ROI.
an exciting place to work but I seemed extremly replacable
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 30, 2012
It is mostly a repetitive job as an operator, at the same time fun and fast paced. Management was great, nice people who didn't mind answering any questions. Mostly african american and latino co-workers but everyone worked together as a team to get the job done. I had alot of fun learning new things about the job and had fun doing it but felt replacable and unimportant when it came to upper management. After six weeks my whole group was laid off. I didn't want to job to end even though I was only making eight dollars an hour working 3rd shift.
Pros
fun people, kool machines
Cons
not enough work