Key Safety Systems

Key Safety Systems Employer Reviews

fast paced
material handeler (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: very poor uppermanagement
very run down forklift (broke down most of the time), hard to get work done without equipment, no support from upper management, coworkers were good to work with, the hardest part of my job was getting a working forklift.
it was a good job to work at
assembly line worker and cell lead (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 23, 2013
Pros: had heath insurance and had retirement .
Cons: the company kept saying they was moveing to mexico and china.
I enjoyed the people I worked with The job kept me pretty active. And the pay was very good for what I did.
Move to another state
Forklift Operator/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 27, 2013
Company Overall Rate Good Benefits Jop Security Work/Lift Balance
Family environment in the beginning
Inspector/Data Processor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 9, 2013
Pros: knowing you might be saving a life
Cons: early morning hours.
One type of job to know what you are doing. Work only 7 1/2 hours a day. Knowing that these parts are life saving in an automobile
Interesting Work
Engineer (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIAugust 4, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great colleagues
Cons: undertrained-managers, bank owned company
Overall the people are great here. I have an issue with how my boss treats his employees. I have been trying to switch groups, but the HR department is useless and they do not seem to do anything with my requests and concerns. I do feel like I valued enough. I work hard while others can get away with doing nothing. Seems like that is how to move up – more... at Key though. – less
production line
Assembly Operator/ Cell lead (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2013
being able to get some leadership skills. i learned how to work on a production line and work better as a team.
Great Job
Machinery Operator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2013
This Job hired me very quickly after a short time as a temp. The management is very professional.
Great workplace
Distribution Technician (Former Employee), Maryville tnNovember 15, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Keysafety
Great Benefits
Great Management
Team players
Very matured team mates. good work ethic, a great management
Software Consultant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 5, 2012
I learned how to manage team in this company. Developed many applications using VB.NET. Coached, and trained newly hired employees. Built a strong team. Received award for cutting down the cost, while improving ROI.
an exciting place to work but I seemed extremly replacable
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 30, 2012
Pros: fun people, kool machines
Cons: not enough work
It is mostly a repetitive job as an operator, at the same time fun and fast paced. Management was great, nice people who didn't mind answering any questions. Mostly african american and latino co-workers but everyone worked together as a team to get the job done. I had alot of fun learning new things about the job and had fun doing it but felt replacable – more... and unimportant when it came to upper management. After six weeks my whole group was laid off. I didn't want to job to end even though I was only making eight dollars an hour working 3rd shift. – less
Great atmosphere, great people and I didnt want to leave.
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), CarlisleNovember 13, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, flexible hours, good pay rates.
Cons: always had an uncertain future, often heard major news second hand due to poor communication from the union.
I started work for the factory known by most in the area as 'Kangols' in 1991. Then it was known as Allied Signal and was to change ownership three times after this, often leading to worries about job security. I started on the production line assembling seatbelts, working a 6-2 2-10 shift pattern. Met some great people and we had a good work ethic – more... on our line with everyone pulling their weight. This produced a great atmosphere and this continued for a number of years.

Unfortunately cost cutting and streamlining meant production numbers were increased but line members were reduced. A job offer for the warehouse became available so I applied and got the job. The job involved checking the production lines to see what materials were required for that day, checking the stoes to see if we had enough to cover and placing orders to replenish spent stock. When finished goods were collected we then had to send them on to the relevant customers. It was a lot to learn but I was ready for the challenge. Again, worked with some great people and I progressed to Supervisor of night shift 8pm-8am. Nights fit in well with my home life so it was never a problem. Main duties involved stock rotation ready for the day shifts and ordering extra stock to fill the warehouse requirements. Keeping an eye on the number of staff needed to do the job and keeping a running total of the required number of each seatbelt needed to fill orders.

After three years on nights we were hitting trouble again so it was back onto a day shift 8am-5pm with a number of staff paid off. I stayed on as a team leader which meant reporting weekly to my manager about targets hit and for future work requirements. This involved dealing with agencies for temp staff from time to time to keep staff levels correct.

As the business changed hands again it was decided to move almost all of the business to a purpose built factory in Romania! Quite a shock to most of us, which led to widespread redundancy and the end of my 14 year career. – less
Ambiente comodo y multicultural
Ingeniero de Manufactura y Mejora Continua (Former Employee), Ciudad Ju├írez, CHHNovember 10, 2014
Excelente oportunidad de crecimiento dentro de la corporacion
Azienda delocalizzata
Tecnico di Laboratorio Chimico-Fisico (Former Employee), Rivalta di Torino, PIENovember 25, 2013
Ottimo ambiente lavorativo. Personale qualificato.
Attrezzature e apparecchiature con valore aggiunto.