Key Safety Systems Employee Reviews

Thast good placer yo work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Wash stationAugust 10, 2017
Nerd yo apreciate more the skill of the and the good labor
Pros
Have good paid
Cons
Hace tiempo listen more the good personal
Great place to learn!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working at KSS. My typical work day would be I'd come in, review emails, check Kanban, and start my work load. I learned so much from the work and my coworkers. I learned how to assemble seat belts, build airbag modules, how to sew airbags and so much more. The management was amazing there, just a great group of people to work with. The hardest part of of the position would be making sure you were precise with the folds on the airbags. If they were not right, then the deployment test would fail. My most enjoyable part of the day would be working with great people. Getting along great with coworkers definitely makes the day go by great!
Very demanding job with changing working tactics
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2017
Pay is good, but benefits aren't. JOB duties forever changing but pay isn't. Very stressful place to work but it has it's days to where it's the best place also. Management isn't the best or brightest so headaches are common
Pros
Straight 8hr shifts
Cons
Never get 40hrs unless you work six days
KSS Overall
Co-op Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 9, 2017
KSS Company provides a lot of opportunity for hard working employees.
Fast career growth.
Unbalance work amount between co-workers.
Relatively low level of communication between company branches.
Fast growing, bad Management
System Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 31, 2017
Too mush work pressure. Very less interactions within team. No team building activity. Very less salary. Bad benefits
Pros
Fast Growing Job Security
Cons
Healthcare, Pay
Great Management
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 17, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working for KSS. Great work environment, but the pay is not very competitive. They promote from within.
I loved this job
Backup Cell-lead & Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 11, 2016
Assembled, packed, shipped, inspect, record & over analyze: I worked along an assembly line performing a specialized task that helped move a good towards the consumer market. I adhere to safety guidelines & ensure that final products meet high-quality standards. I maintained the machinery necessary to perform a specialized task. Additionally, I gained an understanding of industry standards & regulations in order to safely & efficiently operate the machinery. I kept records of their (work progress) output & compare it with a production schedule.​
Pros
Great work pay
Cons
Small breaks & lunch
Slow paced enviorment
Cell Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 15, 2015
Working pay depends on your shift and position you hold. Most of the staff seem to be and terrible moods. You do, however, receive a payed 15 minute break, but, a 25 minute non-paid break. The machines all are incredible faulty, and it takes technicians practically hours just to jury-rig to work semi-appropriately. Scrap parts and bad airbag inflators are made in excess. Most of the employees there stress between hitting an hourly quota and trying not to produce excessive scraps, taking no time to pay attention to the quality of their parts. Management is on a neutral basis, nothing much good to say, yet there isn't much bad to say.
Pros
Good Pay, availability to move up in positions
Cons
Bad work environment, broken machines, lousy work attitudes, no paid lunch, constant stress, uncontrolled work factors
productive and very fast pace
Production (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FloridaJuly 27, 2015
Great hours and alot of overtime,, the people that I worked around was super,,, we worked in two's... had to watch each other and help each other in a safe manner, The job in it's self wasnt hard but you really had to be alert and very careful...I really enjoyed my job. The management was always there if and when we needed to ask questions or needed anything..
Pros
overtime and Insurance and 401 k ..
Cons
Hr's, never new when we get off and vacations were chosen by company
Great learning opportunity
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 27, 2015
Excellent work hours with flexibility. Work& life balance as well. The perfect job for me but the position was long term temp only.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no benefits
great company
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 11, 2015
This is an awesome company, great people, would recommend to anyone at anytime for anything they have to offer. Great employer
very good job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALMarch 12, 2015
typical work day would include inspecting parts and packaging them for shipment. nice management and very effective job to learn at. very easy job with great benefits.
Fast paced assembly warehouse
Packers and Packagers, Hand (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 2, 2015
Making, inspecting,packing and, shipping 210 parts out per hour. Packing the products in boxes for the shipping departments also stacking pallets.
Pros
air conditiion warehouse, benefits
Cons
no management control
Productive,fun,and the making life long friends
Quality Cell Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJanuary 18, 2015
This was the main job in my life. I started out on the production line then went into quality and became the quality lead. I learned how to supervise team members, work in a team, problem solving,black belt classes,mgr. reporting,deal with suppliers and overall know all duties of the quality system. My team members were hard working and fun loving. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and being a part of a team.
Pros
Good pay, good hours and good people
Cons
layoff of some hard working people
Productive and fun
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2014
I loved the people I worked with , they were friendly and helpful .
I would come in to work to be greet by my coworkers
I left because I went to school in Kentucky .
Good pay if you like to be belittled and micro managed.
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 17, 2014
I have never had a job where during an employee review I was forced to sit and listen to how great my supervisor thought he was. I have also never put so much effort into something for not even so much as recognition of my achievements on the job. This company is full of people who all want to be in charge and all that lead to was nothing ever being accomplished properly or in a timely fashion. I would never recommend anyone ever work for this company.
fast paced
material handeler (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2014
very run down forklift (broke down most of the time), hard to get work done without equipment, no support from upper management, coworkers were good to work with, the hardest part of my job was getting a working forklift.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
very poor uppermanagement
it was a good job to work at
assembly line worker and cell lead (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 23, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with The job kept me pretty active. And the pay was very good for what I did.
Pros
Had heath insurance And had retirement .
Cons
The company kept saying they was moveing to mexico and china.
Move to another state
Forklift Operator/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 27, 2013
Company Overall Rate Good Benefits Jop Security Work/Lift Balance
Family environment in the beginning
Inspector/Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 9, 2013
One type of job to know what you are doing. Work only 7 1/2 hours a day. Knowing that these parts are life saving in an automobile
Pros
Knowing you might be saving a life
Cons
Early morning hours.