Key Solutions Inc. is the leader in providing integrated, comprehensive software products and services to universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms, government facilities and independent institutes worldwide. Our solutions streamline and automate Research Administration and Compliance processes, Grants Management, and Conflict of Interest Management for our customers. Founded and based in Silicon Valley, Key Solutions continuously strives to advance discovery as an effective partner to the Life Science and research communities.
The Associate Project Manager, coordinating closely with customer and internal teams (sales, contract management, implementation management, R&D, and finance) is responsible for planning, execution, and successful implementation of our Clinical Research Platform, products, and services for our customers. The Associate Project Manager manages cross-functional teams who are responsible for delivering the approved projects on time, within budget, and with quality results. The Associate Project Manager will be assisting Project Managers and Seniors where required.
Key Solutions customer base is comprised of university research centers, academic medical centers, hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies, specifically the Office of Research for their Institutional Review Boards (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC), Institutional Bio-safety Committees (IBC), Radiation Safety Committees (RSC), Chemical Safety Committees (CSC), Stem Cell Committees (SCRO), Animal Facilities Management, Conflict of Interest (COI), Pre and Post-Award Grant Management, and Clinical Trials Management. Our solutions range from out-of-the box solutions to highly configured ones deployed either as customer-hosted or as cloud-based SaaS.
1. Be the prime contact for our customers during implementation and deployment of our clinical research automation software and services.
2. Be responsible for all aspects of project management and coordination, including scope and change request management.
3. Work closely with customers and internal teams to develop, execute and monitor implementation and deployment plans and successfully deliver solutions within agreed timeframes and budgets.
4. Conduct kick-off meetings to establish and communicate project plans, milestones, and goals and associated processes.
5. Ensure the prime objective -- “customer success” -- is met and always top of mind.
6. Define resources requirements, organize project teams, and ensure projects are staffed with adequate and appropriate resources.
7. Establish and manage communication and risk management plans.
8. Coordinate and manage site visits.
9. Monitor and track project progress and work efforts on a daily basis, and report project status to senior management and other stakeholders.
10. Coordinate with customer and internal teams to necessitate work/change orders when needed due to work efforts, scope, schedules, and dependencies.
11. Communicate clearly with management, customers, sales, and developers to ensure business requirements are translated accurately for implementation.
12. Recommend product enhancements and new product opportunities to the Product Management Team.
13. Work closely with sales and implementation services to scope and estimate customer engagements (pre-sale).
14. Concurrently work on multiple customer implementation engagements.
15. Take on other assigned responsibilities as required.
1. An Associate’s or Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience.
2. 1- 2 years of IT project management experience, planning, tracking and managing projects that successfully meet timelines and budgets.
3. Formal project management training and/or certification.
4. PMP Certification is a strong plus
5. Working knowledge in software programs.
6. Experience in writing business requirements and functional specification documents.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Strong organizational, presentation, and coordination skills.
9. Ability to prioritize, work creatively, and perform tasks in solving problems in time-critical situations.
10. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
11. Proven track record of working concurrently on multiple customer engagements