KeyBank Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company To Work For
Lead Teller / Relationship Associate I (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 20, 2016
Great group of people within the organization. Always friendly and willing to help one another. It was a pleasure to work there.
Pros
Good benefits, fair wage and very diverse.
Cons
No offices where I relocated.
Great
Quantitative/Modeling Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2016
Great Boss. Learned allot. Many challenges working across many different teams. However, the amount of growth gained in such a position makes it worth it/
I enjoy it
Retail Branch Teller (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2016
I work at a good branch with, high volume clientele,with merchant services, fast paced enviroment. Emphasis on sells and referrals. Credit cards and new accounts as well as lines of credit
Licensed Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 3, 2016
JPMorgan Chase was a great place to work with opportunities for advancement. Started as a part time teller and became a fully licensed banker within 3 years.
Fun place to work
Float teller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed working here. Just wish the pay was better. My co-workers always made days fun here. The bank is not very well known around Indiana so there was a lot to do throughout the day. The expected you to get sales but no customers made that hard to do.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Working weird shifts
Daily Routine
AVP & Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 3, 2016
Very busy and productive day with coaching and leading assigned staff to produce results. Start the day with daily Huddle with daily commitments and end the day by celebrating the success
Worst Place in Cleveland for software developer
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2016
All the programming jobs are outsourced. And the management treats programmers like factory workers. Any good and ambitious software developer would not stay with this bank.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Absolutely no career advancement for software developer. And not training at all, of course the managers will pay lip service
Career building environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 21, 2016
It's a fast pace environment, learn fast and ca promote fast. Its a motivating and growing place. I learned a lot about costumer service and importance of following procedures. i like working with people
Not the place to be in 2016
Teller (Former Employee) –  NYMay 17, 2016
KeyBank is a downhill roller-coaster. Since the pending acquisition of First Niagara, there has been nothing but problems (added to the previous ones). There have been layoffs and restructuring of all levels. They do it in waves and no ones job is secure. They have laid off a successful leader of 26 years, and an even more successful leader of 5. They have fired and relocated many employees already, even the ones that do their job correctly. Everyone working at KeyBank right now is fearing the unemployment line, I assure you. On top of that, KeyBank is terrible for their goals of their branches. They are unrealistic and only care about making money off of the customers. Don't buy in to the "financial wellness" stuff. I have seen managers who sign up elderly people for things they know nothing about just to make sure they meet branch goals. The only positive thing I have gotten from this bank is the people I work with directly. They are the only enjoyable part of this job aside from a few select customers.
Pros
Customers, Hours, Coworkers
Cons
Unstable, Upper Level Management, Disconnect, Lack of Care of Employees
great company
Inbound Telesales (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 17, 2016
great leadership and managers completely happy with the company no complaints best part is they comply with your mandatory lunches and breaks
It was great, then it wasn't.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAMay 13, 2016
Read only if you have the time to listen. No one from KeyBank had time to listen to what happened to me at my local branch so I hope this review saves someone from the same disappointment that I experienced. When I interviewed for a full time teller position at Key, I knew I had done exceptionally well. The operations leader and her boss were the ones to interview me and they promised me a place where I could grow and do well. Needless to say, their promises were not honored on their part. The bank I was working at was so understaffed, I was given responsibilities that were not in my job description. After my first week, my manager made me wash the staffs dishes after work because I did not sell a credit card that week. With the job becoming increasingly stressful and my life at home falling apart, I became unable to stay focused on my job and was making mistakes I hadn't made since I was new. One day, I was notified half an hour before the bank closed that my sister had been trying to get ahold of me since 11 am. When my manager finally told me and I got to my phone (which the bank makes us put in an employee locker, policy that we not have our phones on us behind the teller line), I learned that there was not an emergency, but a recent tragedy and I needed to get home. When I finally composed myself, I went to the manager and was blown off because she was on a call. Luckily the Operations Leader was there... except not really because when I told her what had happened and broke down, her exact words were, "I can't deal with this, have you talked to your manager?", and, "You  more... want to go home? You do understand the work load right?". Needless to say, I went home and never returned. There's what it is like to work at KeyBank! Goodluck.  less
Pros
Great pitch to get you to work for them, extremely welcoming at first
Cons
Micromanagement is an issue, severely understaffed at most locations, manager was a robot with no human emotions, great benefits however not worth selling my soul over.
Truly Enjoyed Working Here
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 10, 2016
I enjoyed working here. The atmosphere was friendly but professional. Hours were consistent. I learned a lot and have used it in my everyday life since working at the fairfield.
Pros
Free snacks, co-workers, hours
Cons
No benefits
Good
SVP Core Treasury Product and Innovation Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2016
Gained a tremendous amount of experience to advance me personally and my career. The experience has allowed me to expand my knowledge of banking product management as well as advance my skills as a manager.
if talking on the phone isn't for you than neither is this job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 4, 2016
Talking on the phones for 8 1/2 hours of the day, I learned to deal with angry customers. The coworkers were all wonderful I've never had a problem with any of the coworkers
Great workplace that was a good learning environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 3, 2016
I had the pleasure to learn how to handle many different types of banking transactions. I enjoyed selling the products and services to clients that may of been in financial hard times that could best help them. My management team was great.
Pros
Experience in banking procedures
Cons
Couldn't help all the clients
Great beginner Job, low starting salary.
Customer Service/Executive Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 2, 2016
This was a great company to work for, low starting salary. Not much wiggle room for growth with education in Banking and business field.
Pros
Cafeteria.
Cons
Not much room for growth.
Great place to work for work /life balance and benefits, excellent leadership
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2016
Key Bank is a great place to work.They have great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Co workers are great and I look forward to going to work every day.
Pros
schedule, benefits
Cons
pay could be better
A day at KeyBank
- Unlock Computers
- Start up Teller 21
- Get your drawer
- Count your drawer
- Collect paper work for phone calls
- Complete night drops
Now it should be time to open for the day.
Clients casually walk in and out some doing deposits, some for withdrawals and others with questions on Loans, credit cards, ect. No day is really the same when it comes to your clients, but it's always entertaining. Through out the day in between your clients you must make phone calls to other clients. These phone calls are to find out from the clients if there is anything maybe we have all over looked but could truly benefit them. In hopes with these phone calls we try to make an appointment with our Branch Manager and our Personal Banker so they can more thoroughly go through their financials.
When it is 4:45pm one of the tellers stays on the line incase of any clients walking in, and the other starts the closing procedures.
- Count down drawer
- Take care of shred
- Balance the Vault
- Balance ATM
- Close up Safe Deposit Vault
- Do the security Sweep
After all of these things have been thoroughly finishes, the second teller can now start to balance their drawer. After completing all of that, it should now be 5:05pm. Time to lock the doors, set the alarm and head home.
Pros
Got to meet a lot of new people, and travel for trainings
Cons
Hard to meet goals while being so far away from other branches
IT Business Analyst
Business/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2016
Worked as an Analyst to gather requirements from stakeholders and interpreted to developers.
Defined the given requirements to technical and functional requirements.
Followed SDLC rules to meet project deadlines.
Assisted QA testers understand the requirements for testing purposes.
Projects: FIS ALS, OARF, ACAPS, CCAR
Pros
remote position
Cons
contract position no job security
fun, professional environment
Relationship manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 18, 2016
review my portfolio each day. Maintain daily iteration with clientele and generate new business through referrals and outbound sales calls.
Pros
great support, knowledgeable team leaders
Cons
no incentive to meet goals