KeyBank Employee Reviews

Fulfilling
Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneva, OHAugust 22, 2017
I would recommend KeyBank to anyone who has the needs to excel in their financial career. Great people, great manager, great culture and a very balanced outlook
Pros
Competitive pay, excellent PTO, wonderful culture
Cons
Key Bank is not for everyone.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Windham, MEAugust 20, 2017
Key Bank was not the place for me. I wanted to serve the clients with their immediate needs for deposits and withdrawals. I didn't like having to upsell products.
Relaxed work environment!
Set clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2017
Nice place to work overall! Overall descent management! Good benefits! Very laid back atmosphere! Basically I just opened mail and proceeded people's bill payments!
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Salary
Horrible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 18, 2017
Procedures are horrible. Management is good but resources provided to workers are bad. Constantly making errors and we have to clean up the pieces so constantly dealing with rightfully upset clients. Relocation to save company money but no compensation for workers. Hardest part of the job is that key bank drops the ball on everything. Most enjoyable would be co-workers everyone is like family.
Cons
Key bank is still finding its way on the East coast . Key has a lot of great ideas however implementing them has been a challenge
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 16, 2017
Key is still finding its way in the east coast area. There have been a lot of bumps in the road . Executive management seems to truly want to build a great company to work for however big changes need to be made with internal processes .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Internal process changes needsd
Great Benefits
Online Banking Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHAugust 16, 2017
Offers great benefits but could offer more training to employees to improve performance. Especially, those that would like to explore other opportunities within the bank.
Demoralizing
Relationship Manager/ Banker (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 15, 2017
You can hit 100% of your goal and managers will still ask why you could not have done more. this is an attitude carried across all aspects of the Key culture especially upper management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
questionable ethics
poor work place
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
hours suck. no stability in days or hours. no overtime even if your forced to stay. slow paced. management was bad. no career advancement opportunities.
Good Company
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 14, 2017
This is a good company. I work with really good people who work hard. There are opportunities to work from home a couple of days a week, which is very important to me.
Pros
Opportunities to work from home.
Cons
Tight turn around times
poor experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Paul, IDAugust 12, 2017
The company itselfis fantastic however the manager I worked under had a bone to pick with me because corperate hired me and not her directly. sadly, this lead to some serios issues later
very bad management , the worst ever
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHAugust 12, 2017
I love KeyBank as a commpany but when it comes to managment is the worst that I have been working . They don,t care about people that work for that company...
Slow Growth Rate
Service Officer II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2017
A typical is basic payments and processing in the IPG world. The growth rate is slow, with little upward movement. Many have been in the roles the are in for years. You will have to go far above and beyond to get noticed.

Employees are taken care of but you have to be dedicated to sticking to the slow growth rate.
Just A Number
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, INAugust 9, 2017
The employees are not treated like people merely numbers. The typical day is spent working closely with clients. You educate clients about different product that are offered and find which products are most appropriate for the particular client.
Was once proud of company but would not refer now.
Select Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYAugust 9, 2017
Dramatic change to a worse working environment and dynamic within the branches since FNFG purchase.
Was once proud to be a part of a really dynamic group and to bring that enthusiasm to clients and prospects. Not now.
Pros
Product / Program mix
Cons
Micro management
n/a
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Winthrop, ME 04364August 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Key Bank. i learned a lot about the banking industry, and there was plenty of room for advancement. I enjoyed working there as a whole.
Sr Financial Crimes Investigator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 8, 2017
Room for advancement and internal growth in the company. Great pay and benefits. Many team members and growth opportunities. Management provides performance feed back on an annual basis.
Productive and fun work place
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
Supportive management,
The team had been super helpful and attentive.
This company gave me an opportunity to interact with higher level clients and users.
What I learned...
Loan Origination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
In my 4 years at Key Bank I found it to be a fair place to work, my coworkers were helpful, the management team was knowledgeable and the stress was tolerable. You worked hard and the rewards were plenty. Management noticed your hard work and you were acknowledged for it. Key Bank had a gym back then and you were encouraged to partake and live a happy healthy life with exercise and good nutrition. If my wage was better I would have never left.
Pros
Gym, Helping the Community Events, Low Stress Enviroment
Cons
Non Competitive Wage
Changes may have been made since my time
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 8, 2017
It's been a long time since I have worked there and my experiences with my immediate supervisor and manager were great. I learned a lot from them about the banking world. However I do feel that district managers were unfair and did not recognize the potential of the staff in their areas.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Pay was not comparable to other financial institutions
Financial Sales Consultant
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 5, 2017
Selling to clients in the Bank Branches Life Health Mutual Funds
Responsible for 8 Branches in the Capital District Area

Enjoyed working with people and members of the Branch
Problem was getting "Leads"from the Tellers

Typical day was sitting in a Branch trying to convince clients to have a 401k or IRA instead of just a bank Savings Account

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.