KeyBank Employee Reviews

enjoyed my co worker
Teller (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 24, 2017
i have seen keybank go from a local community bank that cared about the employees to a big bank the no longer care about employees. with this said I did enjoy my coworkers over my years of employment.
Fun to work but bad management and no room for growth
Specialist IV & Debt collector (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 19, 2017
Working here was fun because of the coworkers and it was a pretty easy schedule but there was no promising rewards or incentives for your hard work. You could give the best customer service and exceed your duties everyday ( as I do I ) but see no rewards or growth for the work you do everyday. Management seems to be there for you in the beginning but you quickly see that they will throw you under the bus and not care about your feelings very quickly. It was an OK wage but not for all they expect of you, and even when you exceeded those expectations there was no recognition or surprise by it.
Pros
Paid lunch/observed holidays & fun coworkers
Cons
Micro managed and not appreciated, you're a dime a dozen so you're always walking on egg shells for your job
Each experience differs
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2017
Not a bad company to work for overall, however I think it depends on which location you are employed. The people were typically great, however there was a lot of disorganization.
A great place to work
Client Service Manager/ Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 15, 2017
The bank paid above the average for the lead teller position. The benefits were pretty good and the hours were a typical 9-5 day. Everyone worked together as a team and helped whenever short staffed.
Rating
Sr. Client Manager ECP Client Services (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 15, 2017
I love Key Bank, they are dedicated not only to their clients but to their employees as well. They understand that there is life outside of work and they work with their employees.
Productive and great place to work
Float Teller (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 14, 2017
As a float teller, I get to meet a lot of current and potentially new clients. I learned a lot in the banking industry. If one wants to be promoted to the next level, it is a great place for advancement in the banking career.
New management is misguided
Team Manager - Enterprise Monitoring (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJune 13, 2017
Key has good vacation, paid holidays, and most IT positions work from home at least 3 times a week. Health care is on par with anywhere else I have worked.

Not a lot of opportunity for advancement internally after you become a manager. Openings are often filled externally without being posted internally first. Reorgs take place about every 12-18 months.
Pros
Pto, Wfh
Cons
Senior management is questionable, little opportunity for advancement
Busy and rewarding workplace
Consumer Lien Release Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJune 9, 2017
I have learned most of my professional skills at Key.
The room for advancement is great and the people who work here are even better. I would recommend.
Typical large financial institution
Operations Specialist III-VI (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 7, 2017
Upper management is ok. Had a great relationship with manager and supervisor. As long as you do what is expected you should have no problems. Benefits are decent.
Pros
Worked with a great team
Cons
Hard to get noticed to move up corporate ladder
good work environment, poor management, back stabber
Small Business Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, OHJune 5, 2017
• Created new trucking sales through leadership, digital, CRM and niche marketing strategies
• Prospected new business and maintained existing client relationships throughout Lorain County. Maintained client and prospect database with more than 200 contact touchpoints each quarter.
• Learned the process for engineer specifications for International Brand Trucks, including heavy-duty, semi-tractor and box trucks.
• Appraise Vehicles, Set up financing options.
• Finished number three in new and used truck sales for 2015
Pros
good work enironment, clean and professional
Cons
management steals from employees, forced to work OT with out pay
Its a fun enviorment
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 2, 2017
Answer questions for clients, always prizes and games to be won. Explaining policy's and procedures. Move fast within the company. Always positive, raises yearly.
Good place to work but can be stressful
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2017
You have 10 min. from the start of your shift to in and log in to systems and check email for any policy updates. Begin answering calls and answer any questions and/or concerns they may have about their account(s) and/or card(s) (i.e. Credit, Debit, etc.). Main form of communication throughout the call center is chat room for the teams so no one generally comes to your desk if you have any questions or concerns. However, the staff is fun to work with and management is very supportive and offers advice if you need assistance servicing a client. You're average handle time per call is monitored and how close you stick to you're work schedule for each day. It can be stressful if you're not used to working in a fast-paced call center environment and sometimes the clients can get to you if they're angry or upset and yelling on the phone. It was really interesting learning about how banking works and about the different policies they have.
Pros
Awesome Staff; Supportive Management
Cons
Stressful; Fast-Paced (if not used to it);
Great People
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 31, 2017
It's a bank. There isn't much more on the surface. Getting into it there are all the usual people you would see in any office setting. There are some there that just love what they do and go out of their way to be the best they can because they truly believe in what they do and in helping people.
Benefits
was nice hours
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 31, 2017
Was great hours and didn't have to work holidays and only had to work till noon on a sat. Counted alot of money and has had a perfect drawer never was off. Enjoyed working there and having family life was very easy.
Pros
hours
Cons
didnt make much money
Casual workplace setting with great people
CC Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHMay 31, 2017
Enjoyable work atmosphere with knowledgeable leadership always willing to lend a helping hand and provide guidance. Flexible work hours and good incentives.
Nice place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 30, 2017
KeyBank allowed me to grow as a banker. They train, teach, and give you the opportunity to help clients to meet their needs. I am relocating to a place that doesn't have KeyBank's.
KeyBank
Retail Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 30, 2017
Out of college I was hired into the Retail Management Associate Program. It trains employees as tellers and bankers, preparing them for a role in banking.
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2017
The location was convenient, however, the travel was long. The connection between work and real life was tough because of the hours that I was working, but for the pay, I had to work these hours. Then management wanted to change my hours to an earlier time, however, I would have taken an almost $2 pay cut and I did not really have the option to decline. The customers at times could be very mean and vulgar which made the job stressful.
Productive and fast paced
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 29, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time with key bank and I greatly regret leaving but I needed something to better suit my situation at the time of employment in order to keep succeeding in my own life
Busy days in the branch
Teller (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2017
The best part about working for Key is that there is ALWAYS something new to learn. This could be frustrating to some but I enjoyed new obstacles. The worst part was the customers. Getting cursed at is a usual circumstance and as much as you feel for the client who has several overdraft charges, there is still a guideline to follow. Management was okay but people move around frequently. Benefits suck and pay/bonuses could be alot better.... But it pays the bills.
Pros
Banking hours/holidays/generous pto
Cons
Customers, policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.