KeyBank Employee Reviews

Horrible
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Management
I worked at Key for 5 years and it got worse every year. They do not appreciate their employees. They only pay well if you come from another bank, they don't reward loyalty. They have unrealistic goals for certain branches and the method of motivation is micro managing. I would not suggest this company to anyone.
ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR!!!!!!!!
Lead (Current Employee), Syracuse MarketJuly 21, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: GOALS, incompetent managers, no pay increase with internal promotions
KeyBank use to be a good company to work for... I have been here for a number of years and have watched the bank go down fast!!!! I do not recommend anyone take a job at Keybank!!
Only accept if you are currently unemployed
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Washington StateJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Branches close at a reasonable time
Cons: No support system, can't get work done, not enough staffing, sales pressure, constant micro managing
This company doesn't know which end is up. You will be expected to sell a certain amount of products and have a minimum number of appointments per week regardless of the fact the branches have very little foot traffic. Bonus is non-existent and unattainable unless you are an upper tier business banker. Turnover is high and they can't find people to replace those that leave due to the intense drug testing policy. You will be told that overtime is not an option but the branches are staffed so thin that it is impossible to get work done and service customers so you end up working off the clock and keeping it a secret so you don't get in trouble.

You will be working in an environment that has no support system and does not value its employees UNLESS you are a member of a 'diverse' lifestyle or protected class.

Do yourself a favor and steer clear.
Rigid illogical managers
Loan Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Nice people in Dallas office and good benefits.
Cons: Life and work balance was not important to this employer; WORK harder and faster was.
More red tape than anywhere I have ever worked before. Very little common sense as policy was set in stone even though it created work in triplicate. Manager was rude, unable to assist in resolving any issue, etc. Work load grew exponentially while promised assistance never occurred.
30 employee for KeyBank
Client Due Diligence Research (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2015
Pros: work force is young
Cons: work force is young
Great place to work if you are young. I started working for this company in 1985 at the age of 20, moved up the latter quickly. By the age of 35 my progress slowed and now at 52 I am stuck in a position and can't get out.
Pretty good entry level position.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Fairiview Park, OhioJune 23, 2015
This is a pretty good entry level position. It is micro-managed to an extreme. They want you to work late and make A LOT of cold calls.
Fun Workplace Interacting With Clients
Reserve Teller (Former Employee), Portland, OregonJune 19, 2015
I was a Reserve teller so my duties as a teller were the same as a teller only each week/day I would go to whichever branch needed me. This job gave me cash handling experience, experience working at a variety of different branches with all different tellers and management. Although I was not at one particular branch regularly whoever I was working with that day we got along as if I was a regular teller at that branch. I most enjoyed the interaction with clients while working as a teller, The hardest part of the job would have had to be the busy lunch time at some branches where it was only one teller and a line out the door.
Good company if you have a used cars saleman attitude
Teller (Current Employee), Middletown, NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: nice clients
Cons: salesman position
a lot of selling products needed.nice coworkers, pleasant and helpful. clients are pleasant. busy work environment. need to have product knowledge to help clents with problems.
I enjoyed this company
Teller (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Rewarding enviroment
Cons: I left
I helped customers daily with deposits, cashing checks, sales and cash advances. I enjoyed working with the customers and being able to offer them something benefical.
Productive and fun work place
Teller (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 15, 2015
Pros: 8:30-5:30 job, hour long lunches.
Cons: Location
I really enjoyed my time at Key Bank. All my coworkers were excellent at their jobs and truly wanted to get to know you and create a work place bond. Everyone was very helpful and tried to help you as much as they could. Challenged enough to keep the job interesting, but not to the point where are you are overworked. Mostly handled transactions with customers and referred them to relationship managers if they had questions I was not able to answer. Hardest part of the job is dealing with angry clients, but the most enjoyable part of the job was the great team I worked with.
Good place to work during school
Teller (Current Employee), OhioMay 13, 2015
I have worked at KeyBank for three years through school. They are flexible with the schedule but it is very hard to advance through the company.
Would not recommend
Customer service manager (Former Employee), PhilmontMay 12, 2015
Cons: No lunches no breaks
Worked there for 23 years seen many changes they are very sales oriented, not caring if the customer was in need of product was just suppose to push it on them. Bottle line was always sales. After 23 yrs of service rate of pay was 14:00. Would not recommend working for very stressful
Nice people
VP, Management Associate Programs (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2015
KeyBank has some very nice people on the team. It also has a great vacation policy and matching 401(k) policy. There are opportunities to learn and grow.
Good place to start a career
Licensed Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 13, 2015
Hard work is rewarded. Being a self-starter is the best way to be successful with this company. They regularly promote from within.
Good place to work if you are interested in being promoted in 3 plus years. Is not the best environment for recent college graduates.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at KeyBank is spent profiling clients and engaging with prospective businesses. Frequently, the challenges lie in the immediate needs of the clients and obtaining new business. Goals are very aggressive yet attainable with unwavering effort.
Too many separations and cut backs.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: lack of support and communication from senior management
Depending on who you are Key is a great fit. However, the majority of their employees would disagree. The compensation and benefits package is horrible and below industry standards.
Definitely a business driven culture
Retail Sales Through Service (Former Employee), Amherst, NYMarch 10, 2015
KeyBank certainly values its shareholders and makes many tough decisions based on the bottom line. Well established culture and procedures.
a good place to work as an entry level career move
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Solon, OHMarch 4, 2015
I learned a lot and my coworkers were excellent. a typical day starts at 8:30 arrival at the branch, taking out the cash ordering more for use and logging in to begin processing transactions. It involves long hours of standing, customers can be rude and insensitive at times. My fellow coworkers always had my back. I loved my job, but left it as they moved me to another location.
Pretty Good Company
Specialist VI Fraud (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Your experience at keybank depends on the managers you have and your relationships with them. I have been in good positions and great positions and my expeience has always depended on management!
Bank Assistant Manager /Client Service Manager (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYFebruary 21, 2015
It is a place where you are busy all the time. I enjoyed working there, but I was looking for a job where I can be more. keybank is a very good place to work.