KeyBank Employee Reviews in United States

Good
SVP Core Treasury Product and Innovation Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2016
Gained a tremendous amount of experience to advance me personally and my career. The experience has allowed me to expand my knowledge of banking product management as well as advance my skills as a manager.
if talking on the phone isn't for you than neither is this job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 4, 2016
Talking on the phones for 8 1/2 hours of the day, I learned to deal with angry customers. The coworkers were all wonderful I've never had a problem with any of the coworkers
Great workplace that was a good learning environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 3, 2016
I had the pleasure to learn how to handle many different types of banking transactions. I enjoyed selling the products and services to clients that may of been in financial hard times that could best help them. My management team was great.
Pros
Experience in banking procedures
Cons
Couldn't help all the clients
Great beginner Job, low starting salary.
Customer Service/Executive Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 2, 2016
This was a great company to work for, low starting salary. Not much wiggle room for growth with education in Banking and business field.
Pros
Cafeteria.
Cons
Not much room for growth.
Great place to work for work /life balance and benefits, excellent leadership
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2016
Key Bank is a great place to work.They have great benefits and opportunities for advancement. Co workers are great and I look forward to going to work every day.
Pros
schedule, benefits
Cons
pay could be better
A day at KeyBank
- Unlock Computers
- Start up Teller 21
- Get your drawer
- Count your drawer
- Collect paper work for phone calls
- Complete night drops
Now it should be time to open for the day.
Clients casually walk in and out some doing deposits, some for withdrawals and others with questions on Loans, credit cards, ect. No day is really the same when it comes to your clients, but it's always entertaining. Through out the day in between your clients you must make phone calls to other clients. These phone calls are to find out from the clients if there is anything maybe we have all over looked but could truly benefit them. In hopes with these phone calls we try to make an appointment with our Branch Manager and our Personal Banker so they can more thoroughly go through their financials.
When it is 4:45pm one of the tellers stays on the line incase of any clients walking in, and the other starts the closing procedures.
- Count down drawer
- Take care of shred
- Balance the Vault
- Balance ATM
- Close up Safe Deposit Vault
- Do the security Sweep
After all of these things have been thoroughly finishes, the second teller can now start to balance their drawer. After completing all of that, it should now be 5:05pm. Time to lock the doors, set the alarm and head home.
Pros
Got to meet a lot of new people, and travel for trainings
Cons
Hard to meet goals while being so far away from other branches
IT Business Analyst
Business/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2016
Worked as an Analyst to gather requirements from stakeholders and interpreted to developers.
Defined the given requirements to technical and functional requirements.
Followed SDLC rules to meet project deadlines.
Assisted QA testers understand the requirements for testing purposes.
Projects: FIS ALS, OARF, ACAPS, CCAR
Pros
remote position
Cons
contract position no job security
fun, professional environment
Relationship manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 18, 2016
review my portfolio each day. Maintain daily iteration with clientele and generate new business through referrals and outbound sales calls.
Pros
great support, knowledgeable team leaders
Cons
no incentive to meet goals
Liars,Micromanagement
BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 18, 2016
The sales pitch to get you to go work there is very good but as soon as you start everything starts to change. They job done is never good enough and they don't care a rats rear about you. Work life balance is horrible.
Pros
Cons
Micro Management and no back up from Management
KeyBank is a Great Company
Risk Reviewer II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 16, 2016
KeyBank is a great company to work for. Great culture. Great people. Great work life balance. I would recommend others working here.
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2016
Fast paced environment. Loved the people. Learned a lot. The branch manager was very personable, experienced and helped a lot of people. Great company to work for.
productive and consistent learning and good leadership
Relationship Finance banking manger (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHApril 5, 2016
I work for JP Morgan Chase. and it was a very competitive environment, As a manager I was given all the training and skill set to be successful.
Pros
regional managers
Cons
As a manager it was required to work 50 hours per week so work life balance was very difficult
Fun work place
Teller (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYApril 4, 2016
Love the people I work with, learned so much from my supervisor. definitely a great place to start out if you want to get into the banking field.
small gathering every month
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 4, 2016
A very fast pace and the ability to learn quickly.You;re in charge of certain accounts .They had to be maintained on a daily bases.We had to update all procedures when it was necessary.Daily communicate with other department.
Its okay
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 3, 2016
Great starting job out of college. Management expectations are unclear. They have performance reviews every quarter which makes you feel micromanaged. Job is not challenging if you have a finance background. The job can be very stressful during busy season. During these times expect to work 60 hours
Pros
Pay, job can interesting
Cons
micromanaged, unclear expectations
most enjoyable part of my experience with keybank
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 3, 2016
Working day to day with customers helping them achieve their financial goals and becoming a trusted advisor. Fast paced environment training is excellent allows you to take your career path to the level you want to grow.
Poor assessment of area. Goals unattainable
Teller - part time (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMarch 31, 2016
I was a part-time teller @ Keybank for almost 1 1/2. I was located in what is called our uptown area. Their is another branch in our area, the business district. I was recently terminated for the sheer fact i did not attain my monthly goal, not for poor performance as a teller.
Yes, many of our other area banks have the expectation that a teller make a sale, but they do not fire them if they dont. They merely dont receive the compensation. Our city is not exactly booming with large, prosperous companies. While the uptown area is quaint, a large majority of the daily customers were not folks you could solicate business from. Referrals were few and far between. Hence, my termination....if im correct though, it takes a fair amount of money to hire and re-train a new employee, aside from the fact that it leaves the customers very insecure. Seems Key has a lot of $ to throw around for re-hiring because i wasnt the first to not meet goals. Wouldn't it be better to review each area the branch is in and adjust goals accordingly? As far as management , while i was employed there were two different branch managers. Neither one very helpful . Both seemed to rely heavily on their platform personnel to do a majority of what should of been their own jobs. My lead teller was a pleasure to work with, as was our new platform gals. Key as a great company in our area....thumbs down
Pros
Friendly customers and co-workers
Cons
Poor management. Unattainable goals
A Good Experience
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHMarch 28, 2016
I have learned a lot since I have worked at KeyBank. I have learned how to work with the documents and being able to batch or bundle them up neatly and professionally.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers, nice environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Poor training, robot mgmt, goals hard to reach
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2016
Float teller in the metro area, training was a week in front of a screen while listening to transactions around you. Teller school was a mix of new people and seasoned tellers, bankers in a "let's make believe we're in a bank", then off to a branch to hopefully learn what it's really like. You must get referrals, cheeks in the seat, but you have to talk to people who don't have the time, don't know you since you are bounced around weekly, angry that they have waited in line
for a simple transaction, but staffing is based on customer flow. Counting, balancing, getting along with new and different people every week, high turnover, most of the people I worked with were
nice, only a few would not help or feel it was not their responsibility.
Many jaded people who have been in the job too long to really care, like the on the road mgmt people. PTO was good, but the $$ for the stress, can make the same or more elsewhere. Not what I thought
it would be....very conservative....
Pros
Pto
Cons
Supposed to have breaks, never happens, low $$ for the stress
n/a
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEMarch 22, 2016
Co workers are great to work with to achieve overall goals of the branch. I learned the complexity of retail banking during my time working at Key Bank. Overall rating is good.
Pros
Helping Clients with their needs.
Cons
The slow climb up the ladder. Compensations/benefits is average compared to other banks.