KeyBank

KeyBank Employee Reviews

Excellent for work/life balance
KeyBank Management Associate Program Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great compensation and overall benefits
Cons: unstable industry
Great company for work/life balance with great compensation and benefits.
Good Company in Cleveland...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: vacation, benefits
Cons: staffing, management, pay, advancement
In Columbus, KeyBank is not a great place to work for. There are slim to none opportunities to advance and the staffing is so minimal that the work environment is hard to bare.
Great benefits
Private Banking Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits, working environments and salary
Cons: downsized every five years
Worked in varies departments through my life at Key. The last position I held was as a Administrator Assistant of Commercial banking department. I had to make sure when a new hire came in they had the proper equipment and all the information needed to do their job. I also set meeting up, employees training binders, created and ran monthly reports and set them to the correct officers. I had to learn the basic jobs in the department so that I could step in when needed.
Flexible Work Life Balance
Dialer and Workforce Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland OhioJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great amount of paid time off
Cons: hard to get a raise
Great amount of paid time off and ability to work from home. Allows for flexibility with family and work.
Keybank
Float Teller (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: money is dirty
You must have good math skills and be an honest person to work as a bank teller.
you get all the benefits and good PTO
Teller (Former Employee), Meridian, IDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good benefits and hours
Cons: they are mostly to hire a new emplyee to the company then to look at the internal talent
very good client service, the local branches take good care of client that's why they stay with the bank, I think all the new change only benefit the client
Would go back in a minute
Compliance Specialist VI (Advancement) (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Had to leave do to a relocation. Loved my supervisors and co workers. Real family mindset. I would return to KeyBank in a minute.
Productive and fun workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Uniontown, OHJanuary 1, 2015
• Assist clients with account transactions as well as uncovering additional needs and/or services.
• Build strong relationships with all clients.
• Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and cash limits within the branch.
• Promote activities within the branch to emphasis teamwork and promote branch goals.
• Adhere to compliance and security regulations.
Key Bank
Universal Teller (Former Employee), Tigard, ORDecember 28, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Great company
Challenging schedule
Easy to learn, well oriented.
Great pay, horrible environment
Banker (Former Employee), ColoradoNovember 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management and ethics
I worked there as a personal banker, I would never recommend working there unless your in management. They are very much sales oriented and do not put their customers or employees first.
Very serious place to work
Telephone Banker/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Amherst, NYNovember 5, 2014
Pros: nice christmas parties
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at the office would be considered repetitious.
Miserable, high-stress place to work
FLOATING TELLER (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 3, 2014
Pros: good starting pay
Cons: miserable work environment, poor staffing, and corporate over customer mentality
I worked as a floating teller for Keybank for fourteen months. This gave me the opportunity to experience many different Keybank branches, and while I'd have to say that the majority of my coworkers were wonderful, just about everything else about this job was awful.

I was an on-call worker, filling in for branches as they needed me, which meant that I had no benefits and no sales goals. The management, however, never quite understood this arrangement. I purposely avoided attempting to get on full-time or even part-time, because I'm a terrible sales person, and I know that at Key if you don't meet your sales goals for a certain period of time they WILL fire you. I saw it happen a couple times while I was there. Regardless, the management was constantly pressuring me to push credit cards and mortgage options and extra accounts on clients who 90% had no interest in anything other than doing what they came in to do and getting back to their own jobs. I had no incentive and no reason to do what they asked, but at almost every branch I was asked to, anyway.

Banking is a high-stress world in the best of circumstances, but at Key, the stress is multiplied exponentially by the lack of enough employees to staff most branches (they eliminated a bunch of positions to cut costs while I was there), the amount of work they expect the limited staff to be able to accomplish, and the irritation most clients of Keybank inevitably feel at having to wait in extra long lines because of poor staffing and then having products shoved in their faces if they make the mistake of actually coming into – more... the branch.

I know of some smaller, much less corporate banks who've had their same tellers for years, because they're actually concerned about the well-being of their employees. At Key, there were times I'd show up at a branch only to find that almost all of the tellers had resigned or switched to another bank at almost the same time. That's how miserable Key made us all.

In the end, I was terminated two weeks before I'd planned to seek another job, anyway. I deposited a check for a client into their account that turned out to be fraudulent, and the loss was great enough that they decided I wasn't worth keeping. I'm not angry about being let go from Key. I saw the same thing happen to many a better employee than I before my time came. I was smiling as I walked out the door for the last time, in fact, because the misery had finally come to an end.

If you want to get into banking, I would recommend going for credit unions, who I heard very good things about, or go for smaller community or state banks, who will treat you much better than the cold corporate wall that is all the warmth you'll ever see from Key.

*Tip: Other big banks, like B of A and especially Wells, are also miserable, or so I've heard from a great many co-workers and clients of theirs. – less
good people, poor training
Online Banking Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
- take 50+ inbound calls daily
- management willing to help when able, but don't have much info on front line issues. They are more there for moral support and information on benefits.
- lots of opportunities for advancement within the call center, but not many opportunities outside of the call center
- the company values its employees
Good Place to work
VP, Senior Commercial RE Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2014
I have been in commercial real estate for many years and have thoroughly loved this type of work. At KeyBank besides being a commercial real estate loan administrator/loan closer I additionally working with the Healthcare group on closing loans for health care facilities.

Everyone that I worked with at KeyBank were professional and very easy to get along with.
Relax place to work with a focus on providing good service and expanding the company.
Surveillance Analyst (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: alternative work schedules, upfront with expectations, and at times can be very good for advancement
Cons: keybank is a service, which is not always the most exciting sort of banking. the company goes in cycles for promotions, with several at a time, back-fill then limited opportunity till the next exodus/expansion.
Keybank is a fine company and a great opportunity for someone interested in the bank service industry. The work/life balance is very good and the compensation is decent. The managers all seem to be focused on improving process and employee. I would recommend them to anyone as a great workplace.
Work!
None (Former Employee), Bellingham, WashingtonSeptember 21, 2014
I need a job, except I don't have much cash handling experience, only a long time ago! I am great with people etc and want to learn and grow!
Great place to get started
Sales Support Agent (Former Employee), Amherst, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Depending on where you are geographically, there may or may not be a lot of growth for your career.
Smooth running, challenging but fun environment
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 9, 2014
Every employee of Key is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Everyone seems to work well as a team and you can find help whenever you need it. When I find a new career path, I will be sad to leave my team behind.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee), New City, NYSeptember 8, 2014
educated customers on promotions, taught new tellers, had amazing co-workers that are considered family, ordered money and supplies for bank
Enjoyed working for company
Lead Teller/Vault Teller (Current Employee), Warsaw, INSeptember 7, 2014
Enjoyed working for company. Company downsizing. Not stable work environment.

About KeyBank

Financial services giant KeyCorp unlocks its customers' monetary potential. With a focus on retail operations, flagship subsidiary – Read more

KeyBank Salaries