KeyBank Employee Reviews

Building beautiful work spaces for employees
National Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2015
GREAT COMPANY with good benefits. Excellent work life flexibility and vacation package.
Busy days using data bases and responding to emails.
Management was not result driven. Listened to ongoing problems year after year but could manage to fix them and processes were convoluted and dated.
Excellent coworkers!! Team work on projects were highly efficient.
Hardest part was using dysfunctional databases.
Most enjoyable, was the atmosphere and the co workers.
It was great, then it wasn't.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAMay 13, 2016
Read only if you have the time to listen. No one from KeyBank had time to listen to what happened to me at my local branch so I hope this review saves someone from the same disappointment that I experienced. When I interviewed for a full time teller position at Key, I knew I had done exceptionally well. The operations leader and her boss were the ones to interview me and they promised me a place where I could grow and do well. Needless to say, their promises were not honored on their part. The bank I was working at was so understaffed, I was given responsibilities that were not in my job description. After my first week, my manager made me wash the staffs dishes after work because I did not sell a credit card that week. With the job becoming increasingly stressful and my life at home falling apart, I became unable to stay focused on my job and was making mistakes I hadn't made since I was new. One day, I was notified half an hour before the bank closed that my sister had been trying to get ahold of me since 11 am. When my manager finally told me and I got to my phone (which the bank makes us put in an employee locker, policy that we not have our phones on us behind the teller line), I learned that there was not an emergency, but a recent tragedy and I needed to get home. When I finally composed myself, I went to the manager and was blown off because she was on a call. Luckily the Operations Leader was there... except not really because when I told her what had happened and broke down, her exact words were, "I can't deal with this, have you talked to your manager?", and, "You  more... want to go home? You do understand the work load right?". Needless to say, I went home and never returned. There's what it is like to work at KeyBank! Goodluck.  less
Pros
Great pitch to get you to work for them, extremely welcoming at first
Cons
Micromanagement is an issue, severely understaffed at most locations, manager was a robot with no human emotions, great benefits however not worth selling my soul over.
5 Star organization, leadership, benefits and services!!!
Senior Investment Specialist / Vice President (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 30, 2015
Please expand further in Florida! I loved working Key Private Bank in Michigan and Florida! The leadership, the team dynamic, the majority of products and services allowed you to do your job for the clients! I got paid very fairly and enjoyed the incentive compensations and bonuses! Best Bank I ever worked for!
Pros
Great Team Dynamic and Compensation
Cons
Limited offices in Michigan and Florida
Productive, dedicated, and fun working team
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, WAAugust 29, 2016
Typical day starts with the opening of the branch following strict safety procedures. The work through out the day involves assisting and processing clients transactions all while trying to determine the clients needs. Referrals were the key focus with every interaction with the client. The management is very supportive and willing to help direct and teach employees.
Work Life Balance
Senior Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2016
The best about Key was the work life balance. I enjoyed my time there. Upward mobility was difficult at Key and management at times could be difficult.
Ok workplace
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2017
I loved working with the customers there.
I wish I was still with the company.
Found no room for advancement or flexibility within the Key bank company.
Great company but expectations too high for tellers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rumford, MENovember 3, 2015
Great pay and benefits, but retail referral expectations are set too high for many branches. You are expected to sell as many referrals in a small branch as the big branches with many clients and they are unrealistic goals. If you don't meet your goals, you are terminated. Period. Downsizing of branch personnel has made it virtually impossible to attain full-time positions or advancement.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Politics, sales expectations
A satisfying customer service experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 15, 2016
Coming to work every day was a joy working with a very team based group and management. I had all the resources I needed to excel and move up in my position. My co-workers and management were always there to help and encourage.
On a day to day basis I deposited and cashed checks, managed customer accounts as well as opening new accounts.
great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2016
great place to work for, has some lay offs regularly but overall great pay and work environment. promotes promotions and encourage education with tuition reinbursement
Pros
fun environment
Cons
pay is average
Can be a stressful environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 6, 2017
Stay to yourself and learn as much as you can. Don't get caught up in gossip and you will be just fine! Management is never on your side. They are always willing to replace hard working employees.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Upper management
some people thrive others don't
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 14, 2016
company schedules all breaks and isn't willing to take in to consideration that being in a call center and that there will be times when you cant go on break right when they schedule you. it causes a lot of stress and anxiety trying to follow that and assist the customers. they also aren't willing to work with you when serious family matters come up
Professional corporation and fast paced environment
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  80 Washburn Lockport NYDecember 1, 2016
Reviewed debit card claims
Processed charge backs, sales drafts, identified card fraud issue, processed general ledger entrys, incoming internal/external customer service calls
Co-workers were friendly and helpful
Hardest part of the job was the mandatory overtime
i enjoyed the fast pace environment and atmosphere
The morale was good.
Fraud/Disputes Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 30, 2016
Make expectations more feasable and attainable. Need to make goals more attainable and fully look at the entire professional background of the employees.
Pros
morale, good atmosphere
Cons
too much micro management
Worst Place in Cleveland for software developer
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2016
All the programming jobs are outsourced. And the management treats programmers like factory workers. Any good and ambitious software developer would not stay with this bank.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Absolutely no career advancement for software developer. And not training at all, of course the managers will pay lip service
Decent Company
Licensed Banker (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 12, 2017
Key is a good bank and offers a lot of products for it's clients. The management and staff in the area where I am seem to be very inexperienced and not too customer friendly
Key Bank
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 14, 2016
Liked working for Key Bank in the operations dept. Thought I would work there until I retired. Didn't expect that upper management would close the worksite
Pros
flexibity to work at home
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Pressure
mortgage (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 9, 2015
Unrealistic sales goals and micro management. Health insurance has gotten worse every year. Computer systems are outdated. I worked there for 6 years and It got worse and worse. 401K is good. There is reason why the stock price has done so well and that is internal layoffs and benefit cuts.
Pros
Nice people at the branches
Cons
Health care, micro management
overall management and sales
Branch Manager, AVP (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Bank continues acquisitions and mergers towards its growth plan.
Solid foundation, excellent place to work.
Our focus was in investment sales and business lending during my time with the bank.
I successfully integrated two branches during a conversion and retained 95% of the existing customer base.
Pros
easy access to locations on the east coast
Cons
has no presence in the west coast
Great Benefits!
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 21, 2016
Great PTO for bankers. Management is a hit or miss. Awesome and understanding Area Leaders. Flexible work schedule and room for growth. Team help is always available.
Pros
Lots of team help
Cons
sales goals unattainable
Productive and fun work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2016
I love working here, the only thing i would say- it really depends on the branch you get for you to be able to make money (bonus) They hire you with the expectation of commission (bonus) but only 5% of bankers actually make it to commission (bonus).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.