KeyBank Employee Reviews

Pay was comparable, Management pushed unethical practices with customers
BANKER/ MANAGER/TELLER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2017
I liked to build customer relationships, and be their trusted advisor. Gaining the customers trust was important to me, so that they would come to me for their financial needs. Providing an excellent experience, so that they would refer my services to their family and friends.
The experience with my last manager, wasn't the best. I felt he didn't know the job, and wasn't providing support to the staff. or misinforming staff of proper procedures. He voiced his opinions of customers, and had poor customer service skills.
Pros
Basic working hours 8 to 5. Fair benefits
Cons
Lack of guidance, or support from manager. unethical banking practices.
Interesting experience
SVP (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 12, 2017
Very aggressive at recruiting employees and over promised and under delivered. Very minimal on boarding process. Business units tended to work against each other.
Pros
Locations in many areas of midwest and northwest
Cons
Understanding of businesses they lend to
Sr Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHSeptember 12, 2017
Management has always been great, culture is positive. Definitely enjoy working at Keybank. I always feel like the lines of communication to upper management are open.
Pros
It was a nice place to work because the work was not hard.
Payment Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2017
In the morning we sorted the mail into bins . Then, we were given trays of work to sort by payments whether it be cash, credit or checks. After processing the work some of us would do the data entry to input the payments into the system.
Pros
I like working during the day and no weekends
Cons
Some workers always put their work on others desks when they went to lunch.
Unethical Sales Culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2017
Unethical sales culture, poor upper management, sales goals are not in line with what's best for the clients. All of the things that got Wells Fargo in trouble are happening at Key
Quick Pace, Fair Employer that cares about Employees and clients
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  East Norriton, PASeptember 7, 2017
Great Company to work for. Key is very centered around the wellness of their clients and Employees. They believe in work life balance. As the banking world changes the biggest challenge is seeing clients in the branches. Through outreach in the community and networking this has become an easier task.
It's alright if you live in the area...
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 6, 2017
If you live far away from the location, it's not a good place to work. I mean the people that work there aren't the more intelligent. I spent 30 minutes trying to teach a branch manager how to turn on the desktop in his office. The job is stressful enough without having to add traffic into the mix, and when you live over 50 miles away, they won't give you precedence over hours.
Management was horrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 2, 2017
Key bank management was horrible, no matter if you were the hardest working person in the branch if anything went wrong you were basically blamed. They take the word of the most seasoned person who was usually the laziest person in the branch regardless of how many people complained. I hated going to work and never wanted to be there. The customers were great but they weren't great enough to make me want to stay. I had to get out asap.
Need some improvement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 2, 2017
If your looking for a that can work around your life this is not the job for you. Also this job has shift bids and there could be a chance that you might not get the shift that you want and once the shift bid ends you're stuck with the shift for the next six months
Unrealistic
Vice President / Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 1, 2017
Offices are grossly understaffed by design. Very heavy handed sales culture. It's the type of culture that got Wells Fargo in trouble. If you can't sell, it's difficult to stay there. A lot of telemarketing to force feed customers into buying products and services that aren't always in their best interest but instead, to fill a sales quota.
Pros
Cons
See above
Poor Management
AVP, Privacy Compliance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 1, 2017
There's a hierarchy and most managers don't know how to manage. As a resource manager 50% of your job is to educate, coach ad mentor. Most are out for themselves.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Upper management does not know what they are doing
Site Underwriting Manager West Coast (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2017
Underwriting treated poorly, upper management unskilled. Promises made made were not kept. Double standards. Would not recommend working here to many issues within mortgage depts.
Pros
Cons
Management not skilled was training everyone at site, underwriting team not appreciated
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYAugust 29, 2017
Took care of clients banking needs via the telephone. Transferring funds, setting up auto pays, adjusting fees. Working in teams with the support of supportive leaders.
Unorganized
Mortgage Sr. Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 27, 2017
I enjoyed working from home remotely on a permanent basis however that changed. KeyBank acquired First Niagara Bank and rolled out a new system, procedures and products and did not thoroughly review all possible issues that could have occurred along with limited training for all.
Pros
Vacation time
Strong team oriented environment with loyal employees and hands on executives.
Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the employees at my nine branch locations. Management is very committed to employee growth and open to new ideas.
Pros
Great benefit package and advancement opportunities
horrible place to work
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  anchorage, alaskaAugust 23, 2017
management is a joke, no room for advancement. pay is ok, no annual raises given. systems are horribly slow. On the plus side is actually is a relationship bank that cares about customers.
Little training for entry level postions
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2017
While overall not a bad company, they have a tendency to churn and burn entry level analysts. Little focus is given to training which can make it hard to reach the lofty "goals" they assign. Goals are same for entry level analysts all the way to senior lead analysts. If you have experience, you'll fit in fine and be able to contribute but it is not the place to start out. Most entry level analysts leave within 18 months due to being burned out or being left in the corner when they couldn't master something on the first try.
Pros
Good vacation time
Cons
Healthcare
poor
Lead Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAAugust 23, 2017
poor training no incentive for referrals that we are reqired to have and no incentive for all the credit cards we are to sel, they push us sooo hard but we get nothing!!!
In my position as a lead teller I did all operations with no training and also had to do everything else and train and help clients its a very stressfull place to work they demand a lot but don't give back.
Opportunity for hardworkers
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
The more self driven the more success you will have here. If you take responsibility for your own performance you will be given plenty of opportunities.
Comfortable workplace, friendly employees, knowledgeable management
Technology and Operations Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 22, 2017
Worked as an intern in the Technology and Operations program, in Adjustment Operations. Managers were on top of their projects, and were responsive and helpful when needed.
Pros
Semi flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.