KeyBank Employee Reviews

productive place to work, nice environment
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2017
processed all incoming checks and deposited that were processed through the ATM's We provided services that balanced the accounts. We send all of the checks through a machine that process it by encoding a series of numbers on the checks. I liked working here with family and friends. I enjoyed that experience.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
no healthcare for parttime employees
Great banking environment
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 25, 2017
Competative for employees but overall a great place to work.
Well known, in the Ohio community. Not so much in Michigan. Great products for the consumer.
Pros
health benefits, vacation time, promotions
Cons
not many advancement options
Big bank with a small bank feel
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 25, 2017
Key Bank is a numbers driven bank that relies on fees and sales to generate a lot of their income. If you don't mind sales then this company is not bad to work for....just hit your numbers.
Retail Banking
LICENSED RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ohioNovember 22, 2017
If you enjoy retail this is the place but if you want to advance more difficult then they tell you. yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily goals are unrealistic I would say under 5% reach them.
Pros
above avg pay
Cons
good people, not good commissions
Licensed Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 21, 2017
Overall it was a good experience. People are friendly and do what they can to help you grow and reach your career goals. Have modest commission goals though, as you probably won't be making that much.
Lacked structure.
Teller/cashier (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 20, 2017
The structure of rules was a little bit lack, breaking rules for regulars that weren't allowed for local. Dealing with angry customers had to be the most difficult job .
fun work place
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2017
The working culture is great and people are very helpful. My manager was very kind and she encourages and support employees. I loved working at key bank.
a steady environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 20, 2017
job consisted of sales. it was a very good place to learn a lot about calling and creating a good team and report with clients. the management was great! the hardest part was having to cross sell things that you know would not benefit the client.
Avoid
Licensed Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 20, 2017
To begin, KeyBank does not give sick time. You have to use vacation time if you are sick. Keybank still uses dos-based systems for their everyday procedures. All of the technology systems are antiquated and crash consistently. Management is focused on churning out as many products as possible regardless of suitability. There are way too many levels of management which hinders any type of effective communication or chance for advancement.
A typical Monday consists of driving to a branch office over an hour away from your home, even though there are plenty of offices closer. You arrive at 8am to listen to a sales call filled with nonsense where the over-hyped area manager uses elementary sales language to try and push the company's pathetic product suite. After this call, you are to attend another meeting where your direct manager tries to fumble their way through a strategy based off of the sales call. If you are unlucky enough, you will be assigned a teller box (yes, even if are licensed with an MBA too). You will be expected to jump up from your desk to assist the teller line when the seasoned tellers are too busy using their time to socialize with clients that they have made friends with outside of work. This lack of urgency and professionalism is abundant throughout every office.
Finally lunch time arrives, and if you are lucky, you get to leave the office before you lose your mind. But this relief is short-lived because you must return to the office in an hour.
Once you return, it is a never-rewarded battle of making phone calls to clientele who are dying
  more... off. You are expected to cross-sell useless products to these aged clients right up to the day they kick the bucket.
Honestly, I took this job because my last position was eliminated, and I needed something to get me through grad-school. I have not stopped applying for jobs since day one. The day I leave this company will be celebrated.
Pros
Free checking account
Cons
no sick time, no chance for significant advancement, everything
Pretty Nice Enviorment
DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHNovember 20, 2017
I personally have enjoyed my time overall at this company.
I find overall that it was a good environment. I believe if you find a good position and like it stay
My second best place to work.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 20, 2017
I networked my way into this job after we moved back to Oregon from California. I had previously worked for the Data Processing manager at another firm. I probably would have retired from this company were it not for the layoff.
Pros
Good salary and work environment.
Cons
Layoff
relaxed to stressful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2017
Key-bank was a nice place to work if you like working with people and money. Enjoyable most of the time, but stressful as well. Great developing relationships and trust from individuals that entrust you with their financial affairs.
Pros
one on one contact with customer and developing a relationship
Cons
working with large amounts of cash and irrational customers
I enjoyed my time at Key Bank and have made life long friends
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 17, 2017
I was very happy working with Key Bank. I was originally hired in 1998 as a full time employee, promoted quickly then in 2008 I decided to start working part time so that I would be able to spend more time taking care of my children. I decided in 2011 to stay home full time to care for my children.
Hated
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2017
I worked for Key Bank for about a year after they had bought the bank I was working at before, which I had been at for 8 years and had a perfect record. The biggest thing I don't like is they are not customer friendly. They don't care about if the customer is happy, only what you can sell them. They push and push and threaten people's jobs if they don't have sales. This led to some not so ethical behavior by some of the employees. That is where I had decided to leave. The management is also poor and after going to them with my concerns, I was told that the branch needed the money. On top of that they is barely a staff and that seems to progressively be getting worse. They do have good benefits for the most part. I also enjoyed spending time with my coworkers but the job itself is not worth it.
benefits
Cons
stress and relentless pushing of products
Good place to work - great PTO program.
Relationship Associate /Private Banking (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2017
Worked in the Private Bank group for most of career. Good people and team, management rotated every year. Never had a long consistent manager was only downside.
Not a bad place to work.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WANovember 11, 2017
There are only 2 issues I have with them. Having to cold call people and the low salary. The do have good holidays and paid time off. The hours are very good.
Pros
Holidays, paid time off
Cons
Low pay and cold calling
I had a lot of fun working with different individuals
Information Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 11, 2017
I went from working in the micrographics department developing film and creating microfiche to working in the Information Security Tech department. I was in charge of monitoring the system for employees miss using the areas they did not have access to. I would reset passwords as needed and help set up access for employees with the access needed to perform their jobs. I was able to talk to employees all over Washington as well as our counter parts in New York on a daily basis.
Pros
Being able to have the interaction of so many
Cons
The bank downsized and our department went to New York.
Competitive
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 9, 2017
Key Bank is a competitive work environment that challenges you to exceed weekly goals. The work is rewarding and the experience you receive will benefit you for years to come.
Overall at Keybank.
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHNovember 9, 2017
It really depends on what department worked at KeyBank. Some departments can be abusive and stressful to maintain a healthy mindset. I feel that KeyBank should one the opportunity to work where skills will succeed as oppose to seniority or certain qualifications.
Micro Managed / Stressful atmosphere
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2017
Worked in the income property group. Managed by folks in AZ who were miserable. Gossip is rampant. Lots of politics so beware. RM’s trumps the mortgage banker so you will be in an inferior position when comes time for your review. Time for the old hags to retire!
Pros
Corporate Card:)
Cons
Micromanaged/Stressful/Gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.