KeyBank Employee Reviews

Bank is extremely outdated.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2017
This was a very difficult bank to work for. They require way to much out of their employees in comparison to what they have to offer. Systems are extremely outdated and branch goals are set way to high
Very Ptroductive.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Worked here for 2 weeks the job was very rewarding. I loved being able to bring joy to people lives when there money is correct and being taking care of correctly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Staff
Can be a stressful environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 6, 2017
Stay to yourself and learn as much as you can. Don't get caught up in gossip and you will be just fine! Management is never on your side. They are always willing to replace hard working employees.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Upper management
Benefits are good. Friendly people
Process Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJanuary 4, 2017
Nice work/life balance. Overall I would suggest this place to a friend or family member. A typical day consisted of getting problem tickets and troubleshooting those issues when they would arise.
Culture was fine.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 3, 2017
In the Mortgage department all process was mostly processed with an to other company and was difficult to process in a sufficient timeline.
Pros
Internal Business
Cons
Processing was difficult
temp job
Imaging Specialist & Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 31, 2016
this was a just a temp job, I didn't work there for very long and don't have anything to say about a company I worked for over 10+ years ago. thanks for the chance
Inconsistent and Hard to Please
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 30, 2016
I was really hopeful about my career with Key Bank, but unfortunately I walked away from the job because I was so unhappy. It is a disorganized company, with many inconsistencies in processes and customer service, the training was subpar, and there was a ton of turnover. I would not recommend this workplace.
Good compensation, operations not smooth
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 23, 2016
Work/life balance and compensation are above average for the role. Internal systems and back offices are a nightmare to deal with. Underwriters are not consistent - the person you get determines how easy your application process will be. Internal systems are backwards. Tellers cannot even reprint receipts. Base pay is very good, but sales incentives are not.
productive and fun alot of room for growth
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYDecember 19, 2016
It was good to learn a new skill and be able to take it with me. I loved always being busy and having many task to do makes the day go by. Everyone worked as a team.
Little Support
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Bexley, OHDecember 16, 2016
During my employment at KeyBank, there was little to no support on a daily basis. After you get hired you go through a lot of online training, you spend a few days in a teller class then a few in a banker class. Most of the material covered is surrounded around taking applications and counting money. After that you are thrown to the sharks and I hope you can swim! There is zero tolerance for any mistakes. In short, no one teaches you, and you are to blame if you mess up. Do not recommend this job to anyone, except if you are desperate, but don't plan to stay long! (Research turnover rate.)
Pros
Fair compensation comparable to other financial inst.
some people thrive others don't
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 14, 2016
company schedules all breaks and isn't willing to take in to consideration that being in a call center and that there will be times when you cant go on break right when they schedule you. it causes a lot of stress and anxiety trying to follow that and assist the customers. they also aren't willing to work with you when serious family matters come up
Decent entry job
Teller (Current Employee) –  NYDecember 13, 2016
Its not a horrible place to work, but advancement seems to look slim. I have been here over a year and haven't made it anywhere. My branch is awesome to work with which is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Upper management wants to hold your hand and then beat down on you when you do not meet goals. We have goals that must be met but yet we fee clients like there is no tomorrow.

I enjoy my job and my people, the company not so much.
Pros
IF goal are met the payouts are nice, majority of the time the people
Cons
the pay does not conpensate the work
Referrals
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 12, 2016
This job is great if you like to build on customer relationships. However you are required to reach a monthly sales goal which is often difficult to achieve.
Strong community bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 9, 2016
Strong community bank with focus on the client and growing the bank through relationships with business and personal clients.
Poor tools and resources
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 8, 2016
Each area has a unique culture, and some employees outside of Seattle proper seemed happy, but after 1 year I was considered one of the more senior bankers. Turnover is a reflection of poor communication. Management is under-qualified for leadership. Advancement was due to vacancies, and people were routinely delegated tasks to which they were not compensated nor had they been trained. Needlessly stressful, and client service reflected unhappy employees. Substandard products are difficult to sell, and management seemed unprepared to improve culture. Poor compliance, substandard training, limited staffing due to turnover.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, they overpay the market to limit turnover.
Cons
Plenty. Plenty of cons.
it's not a bad place to work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2016
I worked for Key for 5 years. There were good times and not great times. Overall I'd say it's a good company. I found that on the retail side there was some shady stuff, which is why I left.
Familial Envrionment
Lead Teller Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 6, 2016
The company is unique in the sense that there is a sense of community between employees.

If sales are not met, workplace pressure exists to produce.
enjoyable work
Call Center Supervisor / Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 5, 2016
At the time, it was hard for a "woman" to advance. and Pay was not equitable for woman in relation to men. I thoroughly enjoyed the work I did, but did not feel valued due the lack of pay.
Wonderful place to work with wonderful people
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHDecember 4, 2016
Management is very friendly and works with team to set realistic goals. Work is challenging but also rewarding. There is a lack of efficiency as many people do not know ways to cut time on day to day activities, but it gives a more fun atmosphere.
Pros
Coworkers, environment, healthcare
Cons
Pay is on the lower end for most postions
Professional corporation and fast paced environment
Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  80 Washburn Lockport NYDecember 1, 2016
Reviewed debit card claims
Processed charge backs, sales drafts, identified card fraud issue, processed general ledger entrys, incoming internal/external customer service calls
Co-workers were friendly and helpful
Hardest part of the job was the mandatory overtime
i enjoyed the fast pace environment and atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyBank. Our community is ready to answer.