KeyBank Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJanuary 1, 2015
• Assist clients with account transactions as well as uncovering additional needs and/or services.
• Build strong relationships with all clients.
• Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and cash limits within the branch.
• Promote activities within the branch to emphasis teamwork and promote branch goals.
• Adhere to compliance and security regulations.
Key Bank
Universal Teller (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORDecember 28, 2014
Great company
Challenging schedule
Easy to learn, well oriented.
Pros
friendly environment
Great pay, horrible environment
Banker (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 22, 2014
I worked there as a personal banker, I would never recommend working there unless your in management. They are very much sales oriented and do not put their customers or employees first.
Pros
pay
Cons
management and ethics
Very serious place to work
Telephone Banker/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at the office would be considered repetitious.
Pros
nice christmas parties
Cons
short breaks
Miserable, high-stress place to work
FLOATING TELLER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 3, 2014
I worked as a floating teller for Keybank for fourteen months. This gave me the opportunity to experience many different Keybank branches, and while I'd have to say that the majority of my coworkers were wonderful, just about everything else about this job was awful.

I was an on-call worker, filling in for branches as they needed me, which meant that I had no benefits and no sales goals. The management, however, never quite understood this arrangement. I purposely avoided attempting to get on full-time or even part-time, because I'm a terrible sales person, and I know that at Key if you don't meet your sales goals for a certain period of time they WILL fire you. I saw it happen a couple times while I was there. Regardless, the management was constantly pressuring me to push credit cards and mortgage options and extra accounts on clients who 90% had no interest in anything other than doing what they came in to do and getting back to their own jobs. I had no incentive and no reason to do what they asked, but at almost every branch I was asked to, anyway.

Banking is a high-stress world in the best of circumstances, but at Key, the stress is multiplied exponentially by the lack of enough employees to staff most branches (they eliminated a bunch of positions to cut costs while I was there), the amount of work they expect the limited staff to be able to accomplish, and the irritation most clients of Keybank inevitably feel at having to wait in extra long lines because of poor staffing and then having products shoved in their faces if they make the mistake of actually coming into
  more... the branch.

I know of some smaller, much less corporate banks who've had their same tellers for years, because they're actually concerned about the well-being of their employees. At Key, there were times I'd show up at a branch only to find that almost all of the tellers had resigned or switched to another bank at almost the same time. That's how miserable Key made us all.

In the end, I was terminated two weeks before I'd planned to seek another job, anyway. I deposited a check for a client into their account that turned out to be fraudulent, and the loss was great enough that they decided I wasn't worth keeping. I'm not angry about being let go from Key. I saw the same thing happen to many a better employee than I before my time came. I was smiling as I walked out the door for the last time, in fact, because the misery had finally come to an end.

If you want to get into banking, I would recommend going for credit unions, who I heard very good things about, or go for smaller community or state banks, who will treat you much better than the cold corporate wall that is all the warmth you'll ever see from Key.

*Tip: Other big banks, like B of A and especially Wells, are also miserable, or so I've heard from a great many co-workers and clients of theirs.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
miserable work environment, poor staffing, and corporate over customer mentality
good people, poor training
Online Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
- take 50+ inbound calls daily
- management willing to help when able, but don't have much info on front line issues. They are more there for moral support and information on benefits.
- lots of opportunities for advancement within the call center, but not many opportunities outside of the call center
- the company values its employees
Good Place to work
VP, Senior Commercial RE Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2014
I have been in commercial real estate for many years and have thoroughly loved this type of work. At KeyBank besides being a commercial real estate loan administrator/loan closer I additionally working with the Healthcare group on closing loans for health care facilities.

Everyone that I worked with at KeyBank were professional and very easy to get along with.
Relax place to work with a focus on providing good service and expanding the company.
Surveillance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 29, 2014
Keybank is a fine company and a great opportunity for someone interested in the bank service industry. The work/life balance is very good and the compensation is decent. The managers all seem to be focused on improving process and employee. I would recommend them to anyone as a great workplace.
Pros
alternative work schedules, upfront with expectations, and at times can be very good for advancement
Cons
keybank is a service, which is not always the most exciting sort of banking. the company goes in cycles for promotions, with several at a time, back-fill then limited opportunity till the next exodus/expansion.
Work!
None (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WashingtonSeptember 21, 2014
I need a job, except I don't have much cash handling experience, only a long time ago! I am great with people etc and want to learn and grow!
Great place to get started
Sales Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Depending on where you are geographically, there may or may not be a lot of growth for your career.
Smooth running, challenging but fun environment
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 9, 2014
Every employee of Key is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Everyone seems to work well as a team and you can find help whenever you need it. When I find a new career path, I will be sad to leave my team behind.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  New City, NYSeptember 8, 2014
educated customers on promotions, taught new tellers, had amazing co-workers that are considered family, ordered money and supplies for bank
Enjoyed working for company
Lead Teller/Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 7, 2014
Enjoyed working for company. Company downsizing. Not stable work environment.
love this job
Lien Filing -Contractor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHSeptember 5, 2014
i love this job i wish it was permanent the management is awesome the location is awesome my coworkers are awesome i just love the company
Stable Environment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 4, 2014
With upgrades in systems due to technological advancements, always new projects to get involved in.
KeyBank Debt Specialist ll
Debt Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHSeptember 3, 2014
I Make outbound and inbound calls with the assistance of an automated dialer and/or manual dialing. I also exceed performance metrics monthly through securing payments, payment arrangements and qualifying clients for hardship programs.
Biggest Bank Failure
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 21, 2014
It was a great company to work for until the end. Lack of communication with its employees and eventually it became the largets bank to fail.
Productive but lack career advancemt
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHAugust 7, 2014
Productive work days but lack career advancement and development
benefits
Cons
career development
A great company to work for.
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  buffalo,nyAugust 7, 2014
I show up for work with a goal and expectation of providing an exemplary client experience while engaging clients and co workers with a positive outlook for resolving issues, I enjoy helping others resolve issues and complete tasks. My management team style is the hardest part of my job.
Pros
i love assisting my clients
Cons
being micro managed
understaffed
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  denver coAugust 6, 2014
very understaffed, too much pressure, but very employee oriented other than being.