Department: NGL Facilities Posting Expires On: August 13, 2013
Reporting To: Director, Terminal Operations
KEYERA is one of the largest midstream operators in Canada. We provide essential services for oil and gas producers in western Canada and market related natural gas liquids throughout North America. Our business consists of two integrated business lines: Gathering and Processing, and Liquids Business Units. We have a strong reputation for operating our facilities safely and responsibly, and for giving back to the communities where we live and work.
With a vision to be the North American leader in delivering midstream energy solutions, it is our team of innovative, motivated and talented employees that drives our success. Keyera is currently seeking a Terminal Superintendent to join our Hull, Texas NGL Facility operations team.
Keyera is currently reactivating a rail and truck terminal near Hull, Texas. It is located approximately 60 miles NW of the city of Houston. The facility will be a multi-purpose hydrocarbon rail and truck terminal to support the demand for NGL customers in the both the United States and Canada. Initial products to be handled by rail, truck, and pipeline include butane, propane, and mixed natrual gas liquids.
As a member of the NGL Facilities team this position will be based out of the Hull Terminal. Key responsibilities include:
- Operations and Maintenance coordinator for Hull’s Terminal project development
- Development of staffing, training, and start-up plans
- Development and oversight of the health, safety, and environment program
- Ongoing management of all aspects of operations
- Management of operating costs and development of annual budget
- Participation as a member of the US management team in setting annual and long term goals for operations, maintenance and growth strategy development.
- Work closely with Keyera’s Commercial and Business Develpoment group to identify current and future business opportunites
- Mentoring, development, and personnel management for site staff
- Liaising with customers/facility partners, regulators, industry associations and other stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for facility Emergency Response Plan
Duties will be adjusted to provide the successful applicant with varied experience, to meet the current needs of the NGL Facilities team and to provide a pathway for future succession within the team.
- Must be eligible to work within the United States (preference will be given to a local candidate)
- 10+ years experience in facility or pipeline operation, maintenance, and/or construction
- Familiarity with rail loading/unloading operations and regulations is preferred
- Working knowledge of OSHA and Texas State regulations is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Safe operation and maintenance of supplied company vehicle
- At the sole discretion of management, other combinations of relevant experience and educational credentials will be considered
- Safety sensitive role (pre-employment Fit For Work assessment required)
If you are interested in developing your career, as well as an opportunity to join a winning culture that fosters innovative thinking, open communication, integrity and mutual respect then please directly online at www.keyera.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.