Keynote, the global SaaS leader in cloud-based testing, monitoring, and analytics for mobile & web, is on a mission to help our customers deliver the best possible digital experience. Backed by leading private equity firm Thoma Bravo, Keynote is optimizing the value of every digital interaction, enhancing user experience and driving business value for our customers’ online performance. With a performance-oriented, fast paced, and collaborative team, the company runs the world’s largest cloud testing, monitoring, and analytics network – collecting more than 700 million mobile & web measurements daily. Driven by a customer-focused culture of innovation, Keynote’s customers represent top mobile & web companies including LinkedIn, Ancestry.com, Sephora, Williams-Sonoma, American Express, AT&T, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, Google, Microsoft, T-Mobile and Vodafone.
In 2012 Keynote was recognized by Forbes as "One of the Best 100 Companies in America". Happy customers, happy employees – and happy to have you join the team! At Keynote we thrive in changing things up for the better, leveraging our big data infrastructure and cutting-edge analytics to Make Every Digital Experience Count.
We have an immediate opening for a smart, commitment-driven and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to enhance existing features and develop new features for core products in our San Mateo, California headquarters. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the engineering and leadership of back-end applications with initiatives to build highly scalable and reliable infrastructure.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer will enhance, extend and support our core SaaS platform. This position will work closely with development engineers, product managers, operations and customers throughout all stages of the product cycle. The successful candidate must possess the problem solving skills needed to overcome complex technical hurdles, and have the drive to learn and adapt to the latest technologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement a new generation of high performance/high availability backend infrastructure.
- Lead the design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable.
- Work with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality technologies on time.
- Work with operations, support and sales to ensure customers are successful with developing and deploying their mission critical applications using the technologies you develop.
- Support your team's technologies as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
- Influence/mentor peers, juniors and seniors both within your team and across Keynote.
- Quickly understand existing code and contribute in a way consistent with prior coding conventions.
- Process and fix defects in the software.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree.
- 5+ years of Java development of mission critical systems,. including server-side development and knowledge of core Java.
- Expertise in modern database/storage/big data technologies, including Hadoop/HBase.
- Expertise in designing and building web applications and/or web services in a distributed environment.
- Expertise in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Expertise in software engineering tools and best practices.
- Solid knowledge and experience in software development with Java, Oracle, PL/SQL, HTTP, TCP/IP, high performance servers.
- Linux/Unix experience
- Basic proficiency in C/C++ is a plus.
- Excellent programming discipline: OOP and design patterns, unit testing, code organization.
- Superior verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas and to design and document projects in a clear, concise way.
- Collaborative and positive attitude.
- Academic coursework and excellence in a technical field.
- Understanding of general architecture and design of web sites.
- Understanding of Web 2.0/Rich Internet Applications.
- Experience with multi-release team-based product development cycles.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Keynote is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. We provide companies with solutions for continuously...