KeyPoint Government Solutions

KeyPoint Government Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Good but do not expect the best
Background Investigator I (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 18, 2015
People in the headquarters in Loveland CO are great, very supporting and fun to work with, manager are listeners and supporting in every way. The work is too much (Background Investigator) they are taking more and more cases from the government and they do not have yet the personnel to cover them all, but that is good because you will always have work to do and they will train you.... and they will train you again! The salary depends on your work productivity and not in seniority (Investigators). Overall if you are looking to twist your life a little and be challenged for real, go for it. (Background Investigators Only)
Pros
Easy people, good managers, good base pay
Cons
Tons of work, too much reviewers seems to disagree too much, Integrity Assurance Department should trust more in their Investigators
Promise you the world and you get nothing!
Back Ground Investigator (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioMay 20, 2015
Worst company I have ever worked for. Do you like working very long hours with no hope of advancement? Give KeyPoint a try then. Don't believe the hype about raises and all that stuff because it wont happen. Don't have company cars anymore because it was too expensive, however they are making a killing off of the Investigators. I know how much the Government pays KeyPoinnt per case. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Work from home and regular pay was on time
Cons
Everything else!
Misleading Company
Special Investigator Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 5, 2015
Work/Life balance was awesome, it was very easy for one to set there own schedule and work their own hours.

Downside would be lack of management. This company placed managers in positions where there was lack of training.

I am currently involved in an EEOC case with this company for pregnancy discrimination.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
discrimination issues
Quality vs. $$$
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 21, 2015
They expect you to complete more cases than your level requires, with less time to complete. Management expects you to cover more areas than your assigned area. Each month the days to complete cases decreases, not giving you enough time to effectively complete cases. Each review staff has a different set of rules and nobody is on the same page. They talk "quality of work" but they just want cases moved out because one cant expect quality if they only have 2-3 days to complete a case. I've been putting in applications since the first month of employment.
Pros
It used to be flexibility, but with the extreme amount of cases assigned, there really is no room for flexbility.
Cons
Should I say more
Good company to work for, contract- not so much
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayNovember 3, 2013
As a company, KGS is a good company to work for. The benefits are decent, you are treated like an actual human, unlike its competitor (I worked for USIS for more than 5 years before coming to KGS and the culture is so much different - USIS literally worked people to death. It was not uncommon for someone to drop dead or have serious health issues as a result of the stress), and management is pretty good. I have a great boss and he pretty much leaves me alone but is always understanding when stuff happens.

The contract, on the other hand, sucks. OPM is a terrible contract to be on. They change expectations at a moments notice, throw a ton of work at the company and have unreasonable expectations, which requires KGS to make employees work harder.
Pros
company car, flexible schedule, good boss
Cons
long days, short turn around on cases
Job is important to national security
Contract Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 3, 2015
However, the work can be extremely life consuming. The thought of working from home is great when there is time, but that is very little. My supervisor is a great guy. He's always reaching out to see what help he can provide. he hardest part of this job was having an extreme complex mind. The information OPM was seeking required one to produce information that you couldnt possible retrieve in a one time seating and the time contraints made it even more difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ffact tat you can get into faclities the average joe could not. It makes you feel very important.
A horrible company to work for!
OPM retained FI (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 30, 2015
This company does not care about it's employees. They are very heavy handed regarding writing up investigators and will fire you for minor infractions. The reviewers each have a different way of looking at submitted cases and does things their own way. There is no arguing with a reviewer. If you do disagree, you will be written up. The hours are long and the job is very stressful and made more so through management. This company is all about numbers and will not work with you if there is a family emergency. Requested an extension on a case after spouse was hospitalized and request was denied.
They also want the FI's to work for free, requiring you drive an hour away and not pay you for the drive time.
Pros
Getting away from this place
Cons
you name it, this company has it.
Constant change of policies
Federal Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 4, 2015
Case load managers and Field Managers change consistently and company goes through personnel due to rules changing on how investigations are handled....required yearly training that a contractor is not compensated for but pay for contractor is very good compared to a full time employee. Full time employee's can be transferred to another area for a month at a time with a couple days notice. Company pays all expenses for full timer but you can not refuse to deploy to another part of the country when they need help. Contractors cannot be moved without the contractors OK. Company was great to work for a couple of years ago but top leaders left and new ones came in. Company has lost the personal touch with the employees and contractors.
Pros
Good pay for contractor
Cons
Poor pay for full timer but car and phone and expenses are paid.
great company to work for, they choose fun ways to make their employees happy
field manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 17, 2013
this job was a monday-friday 9-5 job, I enjoyed what I did and everything I learned and I especially liked how many times and how quickly I was promoted. This company recongnizes when employees work hard and usually promote from within the company. On top of that my direct supervisor and every co-worker on our team were great to work for and with. We all worked real well as a team and got the work done on time.
Pros
great management, pay and benefits
Cons
towards the end our client unloaded a massive amount of cases, i got overwhelmed
Managers "lead" through Fear and Intimidation
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 17, 2015
Beware if you are looking at taking an Investigator position with this company. Since they took on the additional work when USIS lost the contract they have not been able to effectively manage the contract, it is too much for them to handle. They will send you formal communications to not work time and not claim it on your timesheet, but the field managers and regional managers apply so much pressure that you have to in order to get your work done and even then you cannot. I decided to leave instead of giving them free hours. Morale is at an all time low, this is not the same culture it was 2 years ago!! You will receive threatening e-mails and calls to your team and to you personally to produce more completed cases (they have no interest in national security just getting cases out the door) or you will be written up or demoted, etc. It never ends! Everyone is looking to get out as quick as they can. The metrics are out of line with the work you need to get done so there is no way to meet your expectations. Promotions are non existent and there are no raises, in order to make more money you have to be promoted but those promotions do not exist anymore and even if they did, you won't be able to meet the expectations. They do not care about the employees. HR will tell you they want to hear your concerns - it is just lip service, do not trust them!!
Pros
paycheck was direct deposited on time
Cons
Low Morale, unethical management, stressful, lies
The worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 30, 2014
This is this worst company I have ever worked for. The nonsense started with the training. After classroom training we had only 3 days with an investigator and then we were on our own. The demands of the job as an investigator are unrealistic. The work never ends. There is no time for family and friends and no matter how much you do it isn't enough for management. Everything you do is wrong and your work is ripped apart by case review analysts. These analysts reopen almost all of your cases for minute details and this goes against your monthly stats. This in turn prevents you from getting the raises and bonuses promised when you were hired. This company randomly fires employees. On March 3rd, 15% of the investigators were let go. There is no job security and you always have to watch your back for the next stab of the knife. The compensation is horrible. They start at a maximum of $33,000 a year for a city metro area. You can be a manager at McDonald's and earn more without the stress. My recommendation is do not even consider working for this company!
Pros
leaving this miserable company!
Cons
everything!
Outstanding culture
Contract Investigator (Former Employee) –  Telecommute, working in IndianaJanuary 9, 2015
Keypoint does its best to reasonably and diplomatically manage its personnel. Encouragement and support are the preferred methods and no negative feedback or abuse is tolerated. I have nothing but praise for the company's personnel and operating systems.
A job for independent and motivated individuals
Investigator / Mentor / IACC / CRA (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 17, 2014
There have been many frequent shifts in management and policies which have resulted in job shifting and structure changes company wide. When there is a high enough work load, investigators can work at the minimum level or choose to take on higher work and get promotions. You ONLY get a pay increase if you take a promotion - there are no yearly salary increases, etc. Bonuses have been paid late or not paid out at all for the past two years in theory due to loss of company profits (inability for the company to afford to reward employees). Full-time investigators are required to go TDY for 3 weeks at a time as needed - this could be multiple times a year, this could be a week notice that you are leaving, etc. which is not very convenient for those with families who need time to arrange child care or those who need pet sitters, etc. They recently added company cars for investigators but for those who turned the car down (you pay a monthly fee for the car), mileage reimbursement took a drastic hit and investigators do a lot of driving so if you're not driving a Smart Car, you're paying a fortune for gas.
Pros
not set work hours / scheduling flexibility
Cons
unpaid lunch, tdy travel on short notice for investigators, bonuses are not paid on time, work slow downs or furloughs during government shutdowns/furloughs
Review and edit federal reports of investigations. High pace. Very stressful. Extremely rewarding in working with field staff to complete work.
Case Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Extremely fast paced, and highly stressful. Technology is not sufficient to meet workload. I had a great manager that listened to my concerns and readiy admitted that nothing would be done because it would take time and money and the company would not spend either.
Pros
Knowing you make a contribution to national security.
Cons
Not enough time to perform work.
Good Stepping Stone
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 4, 2015
Chose to work for the company to gain great experience. This company is a great stepping stone for those looking to advance their career.
I wasted a long period
FI (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 24, 2015
Truly a lack of support and it took forever to get a clearance, I'm talking about a one year period. If it does not work out you have lost a considerable period of time. Corp in Colorado and working in D>C make know sense
Pros
Not there
Cons
Was there
worked over and above expectations
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 21, 2015
I have learned to really trust your gut. I worked quite a bit of hours. I enjoyed working independently and have a flexible schedule.
Must be self sufficient
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 19, 2015
To perform this job well must be self sufficient. Individuals must have excellent report writing and social skills. Superiors have zero to no tolerance for poor performance.
Good Management and support for employee
Workload Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 11, 2015
Great Place to work with very supportive management.team. This is a company that is growing and services a great need for National Security.
Pros
Great management and Coworker
Cons
Not enough room for growth
Young company that needs leadership
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 26, 2012
Was lied to more than 2 times about contract status, shifts and compensation. Would never work for them again.
Cons
bad leadership

2.9