KeyPoint Government Solutions

KeyPoint Government Solutions Employer Reviews

KeyPoint Government Solutions
Contract Investigator (Former Employee), Work from Home or HotelNovember 10, 2014
Pros: work you schedule
Cons: could be gone to different areas for 6 weeks at a time
set up appointments to conduct interviews for background investigation. Type up reports after all interviews and records have been collect. Work 5 - 10 cases at a time with a week to 2 week work time.
Low morale, overworked
Investigator Support Technician (Current Employee), Loveland, COAugust 5, 2014
Not what I expected
People are great
Morale is low
A lot of ambiguity
Productive and good place to work
Records Examiner/Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester VAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: government holidays off.
Cons: was only a subcontractor.
A good company to work for. It was fast pace and kept your mind active. If you needed to get up for a short break, you were allowed.
Enjoyed meeting new faces
Special Federal Investigator (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 24, 2014
Pros: no supervisor watching over me
Cons: the long commute
A typical day would include me meeting Federal Agents and government employees to interview them for their background security clearances.
Subcontracting
Senior Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 22, 2014
Pros: new chances to grow
Cons: lack of personality
New company that did not focus on the employees but rather by profit
A job for independent and motivated individuals
Investigator / Mentor / IACC / CRA (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 17, 2014
Pros: not set work hours / scheduling flexibility
Cons: unpaid lunch, tdy travel on short notice for investigators, bonuses are not paid on time, work slow downs or furloughs during government shutdowns/furloughs
There have been many frequent shifts in management and policies which have resulted in job shifting and structure changes company wide. When there is a high enough work load, investigators can work at the minimum level or choose to take on higher work and get promotions. You ONLY get a pay increase if you take a promotion - there are no yearly salary – more... increases, etc. Bonuses have been paid late or not paid out at all for the past two years in theory due to loss of company profits (inability for the company to afford to reward employees). Full-time investigators are required to go TDY for 3 weeks at a time as needed - this could be multiple times a year, this could be a week notice that you are leaving, etc. which is not very convenient for those with families who need time to arrange child care or those who need pet sitters, etc. They recently added company cars for investigators but for those who turned the car down (you pay a monthly fee for the car), mileage reimbursement took a drastic hit and investigators do a lot of driving so if you're not driving a Smart Car, you're paying a fortune for gas. – less
The worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Special Investigator (Former Employee), Loveland, COMay 30, 2014
Pros: leaving this miserable company!
Cons: everything!
This is this worst company I have ever worked for. The nonsense started with the training. After classroom training we had only 3 days with an investigator and then we were on our own. The demands of the job as an investigator are unrealistic. The work never ends. There is no time for family and friends and no matter how much you do it isn't enough – more... for management. Everything you do is wrong and your work is ripped apart by case review analysts. These analysts reopen almost all of your cases for minute details and this goes against your monthly stats. This in turn prevents you from getting the raises and bonuses promised when you were hired. This company randomly fires employees. On March 3rd, 15% of the investigators were let go. There is no job security and you always have to watch your back for the next stab of the knife. The compensation is horrible. They start at a maximum of $33,000 a year for a city metro area. You can be a manager at McDonald's and earn more without the stress. My recommendation is do not even consider working for this company! – less
Initially good company
Background Investigator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMay 7, 2014
Pros: independent work environment
Cons: immature company
Being able to be an independent investigator was a plus with this company. The review process was very diverse and had far to many holes in continuity of work requested. The layoffs from the company were abrupt and no advance notice was given. A company that boasts profits and growth and then lays off some of its workforce soon after, does not get my – more... best regard. – less
KeyPoint teetering toward USIS like tendencies?
contract investigator (Current Employee), United StatesMay 3, 2014
Pros: work from home set own schedule.
Cons: seems like the things said about usis are running rampant here too.
Yes, you set your own schedule HOWEVER, if you want to 'supplement' your income, good luck. I consider a supplement around $1000: during a 3-4 month NO-work slowdown was $0. Zero doesn't supplement anything.

Constant pressure from contract liaisons, mentors, and Loveland alike. New investigators confused with differing guidance between help desk, liaison, – more... and mentor. There are many rules which are ambiguous and many rules that are not rules but rather guidelines. Yes, mass confusion.

Seems like exactly what was said about USIS is occurring with Keypoint, and we know where that led. Integrity of the investigation comes the methodical approach. This is too slow for a company trying to pump out items for more $$$$.

Full-timers do really get treated Poorly and are under constant pressure to send in more items that is required by their level. Then the company takes it's sweet time to promote them to the next level. Watch out though if you are an upper level investigator and your stats have teetered a bit. Company is quick to demote, and that means less pay. Oh and they don't always just demote from one level to the next; You can be demoted two levels.

Suggestions: Look at the business model and remember how capitalism works. Pay workers, treat them well, make them feel a part of the team and they will perform well; This all increases the company profits and output.
To make them part of the team the company MUST make every worker, contractor or otherwise, feel as if they are part of the company and have a vested interest in it. Short of the long; Make your workers happy and they make money for you. – less
Extensive
Special Investigator (Current Employee), Loveland, COMarch 5, 2014
Extensive support and team structure. Tend to expect more and more with less time available,
Flexible work environment
Senior Investigator (Current Employee), Riverside/San Bernardino CAFebruary 3, 2014
Contacting sources and subjects is the best part of my job, meeting people who trust you to do a good job.
Misinformed potential employees
Federal Background Investigation Training (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 22, 2013
Bad instructor's. Bad upper management. Misleading information about work hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was leaving this job!
Work completed from home.
Contact Investigator (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 17, 2013
Pros: work independently and from home once field work is ready to prepare for submission.
Cons: no work
Seeking work daily. Download assignments when available. Work tools available via computer disc that was available in order to completed tasks.
Had little to no interaction from management.
Each investigator has their own work assignments, location and time constraints.
Seeking work daily and dealing with slow down.
Working independently and from home.
Good company to work for, contract- not so much
Investigator (Current Employee), Rather not sayNovember 3, 2013
Pros: company car, flexible schedule, good boss
Cons: long days, short turn around on cases
As a company, KGS is a good company to work for. The benefits are decent, you are treated like an actual human, unlike its competitor (I worked for USIS for more than 5 years before coming to KGS and the culture is so much different - USIS literally worked people to death. It was not uncommon for someone to drop dead or have serious health issues as – more... a result of the stress), and management is pretty good. I have a great boss and he pretty much leaves me alone but is always understanding when stuff happens.

The contract, on the other hand, sucks. OPM is a terrible contract to be on. They change expectations at a moments notice, throw a ton of work at the company and have unreasonable expectations, which requires KGS to make employees work harder. – less
Good Learning Experience
Investigative Support Branch Technician (Former Employee), Worked from homeAugust 28, 2013
Pros: did not have to go out in the elements, worked from the comfort of home.
Cons: poor support system.
What I learned from this job was OPM requirements for doing background checks.
Don't be fooled
Background Investigator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2013
Pros: nothing because even though your manager is far away they still bug the heck out of you
Cons: everything! i hated it all.
This company is not the same company when I came on board. I was an Investigator from January 2012 to May 2013 and it changed within a few months. The workload is absolutely ridiculous and it is so tiring. I was working 12 to 15 hour days everyday and still did not have everything done. They get people by saying it is a flexible, work from home position – more... but if you don't want a life then this is the job for you. It is stressful and time consuming. People do not want to work with you and try to avoid you. You have to go looking for people at their homes and offices and even calling their friends if they do not respond to you.

Management does not have a clue how hard it is to receive all requested information and the customer is absolutely nuts with the end of the month case load they press you out to do. I resigned with no job because I could not take the nonsense anymore. Tread lightly because this company is not a keeper. They are going to work you to death literally. – less

June 22, 2013

If you enjoy working for a company with no leadership you've come to the right place. This is the only company that I know of where supervisors don't support or assist subordinates so they can succeed. Total one way communication. Questions don't get answered, problems don't get addressed. Keep looking this is the worst of the worst.

coworkers and superiors are great friendly
Investigator-Office of Personnel Management (OPM) (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: overwork employees for little pay. advancement opportunites is minimal
everyone is helpful and will help you succeed. jub is extremel;y demanding and you will not have any life other than work work and more work.

March 14, 2013

What is the pay range for investigators, how much should an independent ask for an hour? What is the car rental and renbursement cost?

great company to work for, they choose fun ways to make their employees happy
field manager (Former Employee), Loveland, COFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: great management, pay and benefits
Cons: towards the end our client unloaded a massive amount of cases, i got overwhelmed
this job was a monday-friday 9-5 job, I enjoyed what I did and everything I learned and I especially liked how many times and how quickly I was promoted. This company recongnizes when employees work hard and usually promote from within the company. On top of that my direct supervisor and every co-worker on our team were great to work for and with. We – more... all worked real well as a team and got the work done on time. – less

May 2, 2013

if you liked the job and got along well with everyone, ..... then why are you a 'former employee'??? i am interested in becoming an investigator, can you tell me how do you get hired on with this company with none or little experience????

Miserable Job,
Investigator (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: havent seen many...
Cons: see below
As an investigator this job is horrible. Every day is groundhog day, you run around trying to track people down and ask the same 35 questions and correcting peopless laziness and inability to complete simple paperwork. This industry in general is horrible, the contract companies are only concerned about making money. I would not recommend.

The work – more... load is completely unrealistic. The raises and the bonuses are a mystery. The company expects you to complete 60 hours of work in a 40 hour week, or they threaten to fire you or demote you.

The only good part of the job is that it is a job during a recession, and as long as you dont mind working a lot more than you get paid for, you will have job security. You also have the opportunity to get insurance through the company.

They promote the job as flexible..... It is somewhat felxible, as long as you dont mind working around other peoples schedules, getting stood up for interviews, and regularly staying up past midnight working to meet company deadlines.

They trick you by saying you get a company car, when in reality you have to pay for the car. Not much of a benefit.......... being forced to lease a car even if you already have a car.

Management has no reality of how things work in the real world, thus their expectations are completely absurd. Over the years, the company has gradulally become more micromanaging, probably as more employees have switched over from the competitors, the culture has definitely changed.

Dont plan on any job progression or future advancement. Once beyond the initial training, there is no additional training or development. Once again, your not really "investigating" anything.... so as long as you can ask the questions written on the paper, write a report, and make the company money that is all they care.

See other investigators in passing, dont have time to develop any relationships as every investigator is so stressed by the workload they dont have any time. Have never had any work sponsored activities with other employees. Only take this job if you like being alone and enjoy typing!!!!!!! – less

June 10, 2013

This comment is very accurate and realistic of the life of an Investigator with Keypoint Government Solutions. I advise any person that wants to know a true description of how this job is to read this person's comment.

June 22, 2013

I would agree 100% with both comments and in particular the comments about the company

Flexible job, interesting work
investigator (Current Employee), massacusettsFebruary 6, 2013
Cons: job takes a long time to grasp
This is a very flexible position which allows you to make your own schedule, working within the city of Worcester and some surrounding areas. If your good at time management and are just looking for some extra money, meet different people every day, then this is the job for you! Management is basically to ensure deadlines are met, everything else is – more... on you. Great for retirees or Homemakers. – less

KeyPoint Government Solutions Photos