KeyPoint Government Solutions Employee Reviews

Not a bad job
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 11, 2017
Long learning curve. Stressful in attempts to meet predetermined goals. Lots of great experiences and meeting interesting people. Job/work balance is good. Work load is non stop, tech support and case support is good, but still doing the job by yourself without any face to face contact with other investigators is sometimes mentally challenging. Managers are constantly changing, I had 3 in one year. I became a field trainer for new employees, KP paid for travel, per diem, I did notice other locations away from the Seattle area did not seem as stressful. I left the company due to moving and retiring (again). 2700 miles away.
Pros
Interesting work, lots of good experiences, providing security for USA
Cons
stressful depending on where you work, I was located in Seattle area
Fast Paced
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 30, 2017
The starting pay is low with the assumption that you'll work your way up quickly. Unfortunately, there is a steep learning curve that makes advancement within the first year difficult.
Worst compy to work for, wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy.
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2017
Very lazy management and employees. They breached and terminated the contract I signed without reason and did not compensate me a penny. They violate the law and have no regard for the privacy and security of the subjects very sensitive information.
Pros
Helpful management and a workload that was reasonable
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDNovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work would be checking caseload, interviewing subjects or sources, and working on ROI's (Reports of Investigations). I learned how to effectively communicate with various individuals. I have interviewed thousands of people. I learned how to ask detailed questions so that I would get detailed responses. I learned how to make people comfortable so that they would open up with me. The most difficult aspect of the job was juggling several different cases with various degrees of complexity. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day.
Open minded work
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 10, 2017
A lot of opportunity to meet and interact with a lot of very impressive people. Great way to expand skills. Have to have good writing skills and organizational skills or this job will not be for you. The job, like all jobs, is all what you make it.
Work from home
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 7, 2017
The only good thing is you work from home and set your own hours. Sometimes working from home makes you work longer hours and not get paid for all hours spent.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Stress, long hours, unrealistic deadlines
way too many cases, unobtainable goals
Investigator (Former Employee) –  marylandNovember 1, 2017
Management is not conducive to a healthy work environment. Managers are not located i the same geographical area and have no idea of the ravel involved. Threats of being "written up" were stupid.
No work life balance if you take this job.
Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 16, 2017
This job is too fast pace for anyone to maintain. The work load is too much. There is no work life balance unless you stop and take yourself away from the computer, and then you risk your work being late. The job never stops!!
Management is constantly get this done, did you get that done. Your typical day is unpredictable.
The hardest part is getting the work in on time, and getting the desired work accomplished.
Rude trainer and field manager
Field Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 13, 2017
Everything was find until you get a trainer and Field Manager that would do anything possible to discourage you and make you feel like you can never do this job right. They stressed you out more then that actual job so was no reason to stay anymore and was time to just move on because I don't need to work with people like that.
Pros
Benefits, work from home office
Cons
should be paid more, poor trainer and field manager
Fast pace
Contract Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 13, 2017
Plenty of cases to work in my area and good support from supervision. Lots of driving and the opportunity to meet great people. A nice balance of field work with computer work

Want to know more about KeyPoint Government Solutions?

Ask a question
Productive and Challenging
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2017
If you want a change from the day to day grind and want to be challenged this is the career for you. You to be a self starter, disciplined, patient and able to well under pressure.
Inexperienced Managemnet
SQL Data Architect, Short Term (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 9, 2017
I strongly recommend that anyone with 20 years of technology experience find another company. Otherwise you shall be nit-picked everyday for all good ideas given based on years in the trenches, not just reading articles on the internet.

Negative criticism on a daily basis will wear any good developer down - look for a venue where good ideas are smiled upon rather than down-graded.
Constant uncertainty
Investigative Technician (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 8, 2017
Constant uncertainty in duties. Poor management, an HR that is all show and no support to personnel. The bottom dollar is all that matters. Pay is low.
Pros
offer benefits and matching 401k
Cons
constant changes and management that doesn't know the work
investigator
NBIB National Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MAOctober 6, 2017
good place to work, Its a job for the active person, and a self motivator. stay on track with cases and you will be fine. Use the IT and help line and you will have a good work place.
Pros
clearance
Cons
training is rushed
Profit over quality
Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  western statesOctober 4, 2017
Poor management.
Poor leadership.
Profit over quality of product.
Employees are numbers and not valued.
Low wages for work expected.

Constant additions to workload without consideration of employee progress.

Employees are always kepy behind schedule to avoid their advancement
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
constant overloaded and poor training for employees.
Training wasn't all that great
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 25, 2017
I thought this agency would be a great place to work for except when it came down to the training. Even though I was only employed for a week, I disliked it. It was done online through virtual training and it required a lot of work.
Pros
At home training for the first 2 weeks or so
Cons
Daily quizzes and flip flopping thru downloaded materials
Too much of a workload to handle for 1 person
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 12, 2017
There was a very high expectation for one to meet a totally unreachable workload for someone that just started working for the company. Too stressful, and lack of adequate training and mentorship.
Pros
Cons
Too heavy a workload, impossible to meet expectations
Stressful
Investigator III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
Very stressful work environment. No work life balance, over worked and under paid. No annual raises. Feels like a sales jobs more so than a job that is conducting national security investigations for security clearance. No flexible deadlines and salary are rarely increased even with many years of experience.
Deceitful
Investigator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2017
Deceitful practice of telling employees that a Level 1 investigator is paid $44,000 annually (about $21.12 per hour) when in actuality your base pay is really $35,000 ($17 and change hourly). The extra $8,800 per year (about $4.09 hourly) is a government wage called the H$W rate solely intended to help "pay" for your benefits. Not only that, but the H&W rate rises annually by a few cents. But this company had the option not to raise it. Guess what? They never raised it. My offer letter from years ago stated my hourly wage was $23.88 an hour which was wrong. The company used to pay OT on the total hourly wage which was the base rate plus the H&W rate but then changed the policy so that any OT worked was only charged at the base rate. The worst was when I left the company and they only cashed out my vacation at the base rate instead of the combined base and H&W rate. Horrible. I can't believe that with all that USIS did and paid the price for that the federal government continues to allow one of its contractors to continue this deceitful practice, among other things.
Pros
Awesome Field Manager
Cons
Dishonest about pay, unreasonable production expecations, horrible executive leadership
Lack of common sense by reviewers
Contract Investigator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2017
You write the same report three times and get three different opinions from three different reviewers. This was like hitting a moving target. As soon as you feel you have a grasp on the rules they are changed. Some reviewers have common sense and some send you back for trivial information. It appears that the reviewers have no law enforcement report writing experience.
Pros
Schedule your own work
Cons
no structure. Too much room for interpretation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyPoint Government Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6