KeyPoint Government Solutions

KeyPoint Government Solutions Employer Reviews

Extensive
Special Investigator (Current Employee), Loveland, COMarch 5, 2014
Extensive support and team structure. Tend to expect more and more with less time available,
Flexible work environment
Senior Investigator (Current Employee), Riverside/San Bernardino CAFebruary 3, 2014
Contacting sources and subjects is the best part of my job, meeting people who trust you to do a good job.
Misinformed potential employees
Federal Background Investigation Training (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 22, 2013
Bad instructor's. Bad upper management. Misleading information about work hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was leaving this job!
Work completed from home.
Contact Investigator (Former Employee), Loveland, CODecember 17, 2013
Pros: work independently and from home once field work is ready to prepare for submission.
Cons: no work
Seeking work daily. Download assignments when available. Work tools available via computer disc that was available in order to completed tasks.
Had little to no interaction from management.
Each investigator has their own work assignments, location and time constraints.
Seeking work daily and dealing with slow down.
Working independently and from home.
Good company to work for, contract- not so much
Investigator (Current Employee), Rather not sayNovember 3, 2013
Pros: company car, flexible schedule, good boss
Cons: long days, short turn around on cases
As a company, KGS is a good company to work for. The benefits are decent, you are treated like an actual human, unlike its competitor (I worked for USIS for more than 5 years before coming to KGS and the culture is so much different - USIS literally worked people to death. It was not uncommon for someone to drop dead or have serious health issues as – more... a result of the stress), and management is pretty good. I have a great boss and he pretty much leaves me alone but is always understanding when stuff happens.

The contract, on the other hand, sucks. OPM is a terrible contract to be on. They change expectations at a moments notice, throw a ton of work at the company and have unreasonable expectations, which requires KGS to make employees work harder. – less
Good Learning Experience
Investigative Support Branch Technician (Former Employee), Worked from homeAugust 28, 2013
Pros: did not have to go out in the elements, worked from the comfort of home.
Cons: poor support system.
What I learned from this job was OPM requirements for doing background checks.
Don't be fooled
Background Investigator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2013
Pros: nothing because even though your manager is far away they still bug the heck out of you
Cons: everything! i hated it all.
This company is not the same company when I came on board. I was an Investigator from January 2012 to May 2013 and it changed within a few months. The workload is absolutely ridiculous and it is so tiring. I was working 12 to 15 hour days everyday and still did not have everything done. They get people by saying it is a flexible, work from home position – more... but if you don't want a life then this is the job for you. It is stressful and time consuming. People do not want to work with you and try to avoid you. You have to go looking for people at their homes and offices and even calling their friends if they do not respond to you.

Management does not have a clue how hard it is to receive all requested information and the customer is absolutely nuts with the end of the month case load they press you out to do. I resigned with no job because I could not take the nonsense anymore. Tread lightly because this company is not a keeper. They are going to work you to death literally. – less

Ches – June 22, 2013

If you enjoy working for a company with no leadership you've come to the right place. This is the only company that I know of where supervisors don't support or assist subordinates so they can succeed. Total one way communication. Questions don't get answered, problems don't get addressed. Keep looking this is the worst of the worst.

coworkers and superiors are great friendly
Investigator-Office of Personnel Management (OPM) (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: overwork employees for little pay. advancement opportunites is minimal
everyone is helpful and will help you succeed. jub is extremel;y demanding and you will not have any life other than work work and more work.

– March 14, 2013

What is the pay range for investigators, how much should an independent ask for an hour? What is the car rental and renbursement cost?

great company to work for, they choose fun ways to make their employees happy
field manager (Former Employee), Loveland, COFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: great management, pay and benefits
Cons: towards the end our client unloaded a massive amount of cases, i got overwhelmed
this job was a monday-friday 9-5 job, I enjoyed what I did and everything I learned and I especially liked how many times and how quickly I was promoted. This company recongnizes when employees work hard and usually promote from within the company. On top of that my direct supervisor and every co-worker on our team were great to work for and with. We – more... all worked real well as a team and got the work done on time. – less

Feenix – May 2, 2013

if you liked the job and got along well with everyone, ..... then why are you a 'former employee'??? i am interested in becoming an investigator, can you tell me how do you get hired on with this company with none or little experience????

Miserable Job,
Investigator (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: havent seen many...
Cons: see below
As an investigator this job is horrible. Every day is groundhog day, you run around trying to track people down and ask the same 35 questions and correcting peopless laziness and inability to complete simple paperwork. This industry in general is horrible, the contract companies are only concerned about making money. I would not recommend.

The work – more... load is completely unrealistic. The raises and the bonuses are a mystery. The company expects you to complete 60 hours of work in a 40 hour week, or they threaten to fire you or demote you.

The only good part of the job is that it is a job during a recession, and as long as you dont mind working a lot more than you get paid for, you will have job security. You also have the opportunity to get insurance through the company.

They promote the job as flexible..... It is somewhat felxible, as long as you dont mind working around other peoples schedules, getting stood up for interviews, and regularly staying up past midnight working to meet company deadlines.

They trick you by saying you get a company car, when in reality you have to pay for the car. Not much of a benefit.......... being forced to lease a car even if you already have a car.

Management has no reality of how things work in the real world, thus their expectations are completely absurd. Over the years, the company has gradulally become more micromanaging, probably as more employees have switched over from the competitors, the culture has definitely changed.

Dont plan on any job progression or future advancement. Once beyond the initial training, there is no additional training or development. Once again, your not really "investigating" anything.... so as long as you can ask the questions written on the paper, write a report, and make the company money that is all they care.

See other investigators in passing, dont have time to develop any relationships as every investigator is so stressed by the workload they dont have any time. Have never had any work sponsored activities with other employees. Only take this job if you like being alone and enjoy typing!!!!!!! – less

Kita – June 10, 2013

This comment is very accurate and realistic of the life of an Investigator with Keypoint Government Solutions. I advise any person that wants to know a true description of how this job is to read this person's comment.

Ches – June 22, 2013

I would agree 100% with both comments and in particular the comments about the company

Flexible job, interesting work
investigator (Current Employee), massacusettsFebruary 6, 2013
Cons: job takes a long time to grasp
This is a very flexible position which allows you to make your own schedule, working within the city of Worcester and some surrounding areas. If your good at time management and are just looking for some extra money, meet different people every day, then this is the job for you! Management is basically to ensure deadlines are met, everything else is – more... on you. Great for retirees or Homemakers. – less
reasonable. indeed
Background Investigator (Current Employee), Loveland, COJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, travel opportunities, company car
typical day - making phone calls, driving around, interviewing people, reviewing records.

management - is far away. they seem to be reasonable and understanding, especially if you do your job right. it seems that the management is under pressure from investors and customers, and that pressure trickles down to other employees. but which company doesn't – more... have that?

coworkers - because of the nature of the job, i have virtually no interaction with them, so i'm not able to say much.

most enjoyable parts of the job - working independently, having flexible hours, performing a variety of tasks, and interacting with different kinds of people. as a whole i like my job, mainly because i'm a good fit for it and the management is reasonable and respectful.

no five-star ratings, because there are no perfect companies/orgs. sticking with the company, because haven't found anything that would suit me better. – less

lashay – February 6, 2013

what are the benefits and pay for this job?

Work from Home
Background Investigator - OPM (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WADecember 27, 2012
Manage your own schedule, but don't forget to be flexible. Low oversight by company management. Frequent travel within assigned area, hope you have a good radio in your car. Deadlines are constant, however you quickly learn to become an expert at time management.
Young company that needs leadership
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, VANovember 26, 2012
Cons: bad leadership
Was lied to more than 2 times about contract status, shifts and compensation. Would never work for them again.

– January 25, 2013

when you say leadership, what do you really mean - your supervisor? manager? CEO? i also wonder how this one person's comments can be helpful? you don't even know if they are true. well, maybe they a true. and maybe they aren't. helpful? really?!

NotProvided – February 13, 2013

Search for this company on the internet, do your research and you'll find their true reputation

Ches – June 22, 2013

There hasn't been any leadership at this company since July 2012. This was when all the good leadership quit and were hired by other companies. The only ones remaining are those who couldn't get hired by another company, or are satisfied working for a substandard employer.