Keystone Automotive Employee Reviews in United States

Pays the bills
just a number (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 29, 2015
Like I stated, it pays the bills. You would find yourself in an environment which constantly looks down upon you. Fearing for your job twice a month, an employee would watch management afford lavish material possessions while assuring everyone that there is no money for raises, or for additional help. Drugs are rampart and there is no regard for personal safety or general comradery between any of the employees. Believe me, as LKQ/Keystone becomes larger, it's employees become more a number and nothing else.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
no raises, horrible management, favoratism, racism, bias
Logistic Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 25, 2016
Good place to work, every weekend off. But long hours and on the road for long periods of time. Raises were horrible, they don't care to much about you or how hard you work.
Pros
4 days off
Cons
Some of the workers are great and essential jobs are ok
Lead Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 24, 2015
Things just are not what they should be at the location that I worked at. The wrong people are in key spots and ruin the opportunity of having a pleasant and productive work environment. A lot of the workers are good and nice people but being a corporate company it has become like a revolving door at this point. It is hard to pinpoint whether it is the location, the job, the company and/or management. I enjoyed my job for the most part but dealing with some of the issues that are never resolved erode at any drive you have.
Pros
Good medical, dental and 401k benefits
Cons
Wrong people in mangerial positions for my location
Pay does not added up to Work Load.
Accounting Office Manager / Accounting (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Keystone was bought out by LKQ Corp 5 yrs ago. Pay don't compensate work load. Poor Management. I've learned every position on both sides of Keystone & LKQ But still no pay increase or growth to advance.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
No growth or advancement
This is the worst job ever
Route Driver-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNMay 22, 2016
The typical day at work starts at 4:00 a.m. You are yelled at by management and told to not speak. It is degrading to be yelled at in front of everyone just because you have safety concerns. No one gives a two week notice when they leave because they are so glad to be gone. It is impossible to work under such extreme conditions. If you can find something else do so. No pay raises at all. You will not advance within this company unless you do favors outside of work like brake jobs for the supervisor.
Pros
Three day work week
Cons
Always on call
I was a route salesman for 6 years. I am considered a delivery driver now.
Route Sales Representative/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 23, 2016
I have been employed by Keystone for almost 8 years. The company has been making pay-cuts and is headed in a different direction. There is no room for advancement. With having earned my bachelor's degree, I would like to better myself. I usually work 65-70 hours a week. I do enjoy the job, however, I am no longer allowed to sell our products. My job title has changed.
Employment
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
This is a place where you work hard to accomplish a job, Management is not good because they do not practice ethical behavior. Most employees work well together because they are in the same struggle. The hardest part of this job is to stay focus on your goals and not worry about a raise that you will never get because the company does not give raises. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you are able to meet different people because the company has a high turn over rate.
Pros
it will pay a bill until you find something better
Cons
health care is very high and terrible and the company has no corporate ethical behavior
Decent company but poor management
Puller (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAAugust 12, 2015
I have worked there for 14 years and due to favoritism, childish behavior, and poor management I was fired on the spot.

The hours were good and overtime was basically unlimited, but the management really ruins the experience at the job
Great atmosphere
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownstwn Twp, MIApril 15, 2016
Great place to work, treated employees well, made lasting friendships. Receiving Put away Big and Small Zones on days.Shipping freight out on afternoons. Team of associates that process UPS and FED EX freight . Loved working at Keystone. Was a real family away from family.
Highly stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of getting in touch with customers, placing orders, and verifying purchase orders along with some troubleshooting. I've learned a lot about cars and their parts, how the automotive industry is and how destructive gossip can be in the work place.
I am surprised at the lack of professionalism shown by management and how easily they let people go because of personal conflict. I understand the poor moral or the coworkers, considering who their management was. I would have to say that was the most difficult part of the job, dealing with supervisors who didn't know how to handle their personal issues with the people they worked with and how they treated people in general.
I loved building relationships between the customers and having them trust me with getting things (problems, complaints, returns) handled.
Pros
The benefits and customers were amazing.
Cons
The lack of moral with my fellow employees.
productive and plenty of work with an enjoyable work enviroment.
Warehouse Operator / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed working their because I was able to learn a lot about the company and add my work knowledge of the warehouse business and the urgency to get the job done.
Good Company
Driver / ISC (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 31, 2016
Great Management and supervisors

Fast pace work.
Delivering auto parts and getting to meet customers.
Beautiful area of the country to work.
Pros
Good equipment to drive
Cons
Cold weather
poorly managed company
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 4, 2016
this current used to be a pretty alright laid back but high paced job... now it cluttered, poorly managed, and on the brink of extinction
It wasn't a bad job.
Hi-Lo Driver, (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIMay 5, 2014
It could have been better if the shift managers were more competent and actually knew how to do their jobs. My managers were new at the time and when they made mistakes, they would put the blame on their workers and more often then not, the managers would be sitting in their office watching Football games or browsing Facebook while the ground crew was out working. This is why they fail in my opinion because they were not doing their jobs to their full extent. The job it self was great, it was a good learning experience and you are constantly keeping active and learning new things. Another downside is there is really no room for advancement, they start you off at 9 an hour and if you do get promoted to manager, they give you benefits but no raise. At no point do you ever get a raise. I believe the guys working there should be paid more because their job is a lot more complicated then just sitting at a machine all day.
Pros
good people to work with, good learning experience.
Cons
no room for advancement, poor management decisions.
Would be a good place to work if pay was better and insurance didn't cost so much
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJuly 24, 2013
The management leaves people there without any management overseeing things.There is no chance for advancement,or raises.Most of the people who work there are good workers,but,some of them are there just for a paycheck.The people who make out customer orders wait until it is almost time for them to go home before putting orders in the system,leaving the people who work in the warehouse stuck working overtime when it is not necassary.
Pros
1hr for lunch
Cons
1 5 min break in the morning and afternoon, insurance is very costly.
Love my job dislike the pay
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJuly 14, 2015
This is a great company to work for but there are not advancements and the pay is not great. We do not get off for that many holidays but the hours are good. I'm not to happy about our insurance but that is not why i am looking for another job. I need something were i can advance so i can take care of my family.
Was Once A good place to work!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Exeter PaApril 15, 2013
Worked for Keystone for 11 yrs. It is not the same at all. New leadership did great at improving problems we had with shipping & internal problems! New CEO & new leaders came across as having real values but all that went away once they were their! Company went to having on 2 VP to 8. Had a large lay off of good warehouse workers & drivers that have been their for over 25 yrs. about 2 yrs ago. Got rid of half the accounting staff & sent work over to India!Most of the warehouse workers are from interships! Salesman have had incentive cut down to nothing! Management is good but the place is more focused on paper work & meeting then sales!You can get laid off at anytime! It does not matter how good of a job you do. Raises are .10 cents a quarter.Company leaders are run buy a bunch of West Pointers that hire only ex-military for management positions! Great people In the Sales dept. but overworked & underpaid! Most are scared to lose their jobs. They have a pretty good supply of auto parts but very expensive! Not to willing to work with customers on price!
Pros
summer picinc @ kobells
Cons
health care not the greatest, no room for advancement
Amazing people skill
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 25, 2015
Management is understanding and very nice. work is long and we do have long times, but everyone is still calm and very nice to eachother and we al get along
Great place to learn new and exciting skills
Accounts Receivables Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 13, 2015
If they can show appreciation of there employees by giving raises and not raising the health care deductions it would be a perfect place.
Pros
friendly enviroment, training is great
Cons
no raises are givin at this company only if you change jobs in the company
Demanding fast-past get r done job.
Territory Manager/Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Jackson Ms.October 8, 2012
Arriving early as possible, review and sort all invioces, prepare the way in which I was going to run my route. Make all deliveries, check for past due accounts, make collections, Try to make sales on new items , examine area to look for anything sell. What I learned was that most customers have an open mind to any suggestions to make thier company better, and are willing to adjust their needs if you are confident about the products you offer. As long as you are meeting your quota management was happy. Majority of the time I was alone so i didnt have to deal with co-workers. This was not an eight hour job, you start early , and your not finished until everything was done. Pay/Benefits/Insurance was excellent
Pros
pay/benefits/insurance was excellent
Cons
long days, out-rate rude customers