Keystone Community Resources

Keystone Community Resources Employer Reviews

not worth the time or effort
DSP (Former Employee), Scranton, PANovember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, can watch tv at work
Cons: no breaks if you arent a smoker, horrible scheduling conflicts, very little approved time off
There was absolutely no set schedule, it was all over the place all the time. Many rules and regulations were looked past for certain persons and applied to others in a non regulatory way. Any injury you incur is your fault no matter what happened i.e if a consumer punches you in the face and breaks your nose it was your fault for being in the way of that consumer.
Keystone Community Resources is a great place to grow as a professional.
Staff Development Specialist (Current Employee), Clarks Summit, PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: positively effecting the lives of the individuals the agency serves.
Cons: management does not always seem to be on the same page about major agency issues.
I learned a number of essential job skills while working at Keystone Community Resources. It's a great place to grow as a professional and develop your job skills. Working with the individuals that the agency serves is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive work
Direct Service Professional (Current Employee), Clarks Summit, PAOctober 22, 2014
Love the clients. Good work. Lots of hours available. Love the coworkers.
best job ive ever had
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Dunmore, PASeptember 9, 2014
best job ive ever had house managers where friendly and helpful
good place
Program Specialist (Former Employee), Scranton, PAApril 9, 2014
grate place if your staring out to get experis in MR
good for high school stuned to get experins
DO NOT APPLY HERE
current DSP (Current Employee), scranton paApril 8, 2014
Pros: some clients
Cons: everything else!!!
The Human Resources Department has done nothing but write me up after finding out I am not of the straight sexual orientation. You are expected to be on call for them all the time. I've gotten disciplinary actions brought against me for not answering when they called on my personal time. The pay is less than what it should be. The company does not care if their employees get hurt. And when you do they try and force you to quit. The hours suck. Like to the point that you will only get 4 hours off between shifts. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!!
Horrible place to work
Program Manager/Program Specialist (Current Employee), Scranton, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: management, no communication, hr is a joke
When you are brought in for an interview, they promise you the sun, moon, and stars. I was told that as a manager, I would be able to create my own schedules and the company would be flexible with outside obligations.

When I start, I find that HR "looks over" the schedules and makes "necessary changes" to them, which in the grand scheme of things means that managers don't "create" the schedules at all. It is a meaningless task that takes time out of the manager's schedule that could be better used elsewhere.

Also, they promise room for growth and opportunity. When I have applied for transfers, they have brought me in to tell me that the position that I am requesting a transfer to would be a pay cut, and therefore not in my best interest to take it. When I put in to transfer as manager of a new location, they accepted my transfer, brought in an outside employee to take over my current position, placed someone else into the position I was supposed to transfer to, and demoted me for my ambitions.
The clients I was able to serve were very loving and joyful
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee), Summit, PASeptember 20, 2013
Cons: was not upfront with the type of individual for whom i was to be of service to.
Keystone Community Resources serve those with a diagnosis of Mental Retardation. The group homes are very nice and inviting and the residents as a general rule are happy. I had a great manager who was willing to work with my needs in that I am a full time student working towards a degree in Social Work. For the most part my co-workers enjoyable and dependable to work with. The hardest part of the job was when someone didn't show for work and a second shift was required. The ladies I served at the group home was the most enjoyable part of the job.
The worst I've encountered
DSP (Current Employee), Scranton, PaSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: breaks and lunches/dinner are built into shift, downtime, the clients
Cons: literally everything.
The absolute WORST company. I don't know how they get away with treating their employees the way they do. They are always looking to cut corners. Managers have the only say ever and they aren't even around. Getting 40 hours in 3 days a week of work so you can spend time with your family.
The change your schedule WEEKLY and don't put out new schedules til one week in advance. No notification of schedule changes. They will have you work 18 hour shifts and not care about bringing you back 4 hours later. Have you work a weekend and do sleepovers so you don't get to go home for 3 days.
3/4 of the clients share rooms with others.
I've personally witnessed abuse.
They will try to fire you on any means they can if you "don't fit in".
Managers will go behind your back.
You will work alone with 4-6 clients while they are having behaviors. You work every single weekend. I've had one weekend off in the last two months.
DO NOT WORK HERE. They pay based on education and experience and will tell you whatever they have to/you want to hear JUST to get you in the door.
Helping individuals with intellectual disabilities live fulfilling lives
Direct Service Professional (Current Employee), Summit, PAApril 15, 2013
Pros: enriching the lives of the clients
Cons: various hours, behavioral issue
The job requires you to work all three shifts and it varies every week. Being a Direct Service Professional requires transporting clients to daily programs as well as any appointments or activity. Constant monitoring of the clients to ensure their physical well being,also administering medication, cleaning, cooking, and any basic need of the client. We also try to enrich the clients lives by providing different activities and getting involved with activities in the community. I've learned to take care of individuals on a fundamental level that helps sustain their lives. I learned to cook nutritious meals, document all necessary information that is pertinent to the client, and get a better understanding of clients with intellectual disabilities. The job can be frustrating because the clients do get very behavioral at times, but being able to be a positive fixture in their lives is what makes it all worth it.
No balance, but a rewarding job
Program Manager (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: family relationships
Cons: no balance in perosnal and business life
There is no balance with work and personal life. I was a manager at a home, but was on call. It was communicated to me that I shouldn't have too many calls while I was off from work... that was a lie. I would consistently be called at home and always had to take work home with me. However, if you don't have a family, the job is rewarding knowing that your making a difference is someone elses life.
They will take advantage of you!
CSR (Former Employee), ScrantonMarch 5, 2013
Pros: they do alot of training
Cons: change your schedule without your consent
They change your schedule so freqently that you have no life outside of Keystone. The management is the worst I have ever encountered.
They get paid well, while the rest of us do all the work and they get big bonuses and you get nothing. The only good thing is the clients.
The people in charge pretend to listen but nothing ever changes.
Go to the ARC or Goodwill just don't work for Keystone.
unstable hours
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Clark Summit, PAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: the consumers
Cons: crazy schedules
I work in a group home of 5 men. I help them with daily task, medical appt., money management, hygeine. I have held a managment position here for over 13 years. I love the interaction I have with the consumer I work with, there faces and happniess they have when they complete a task they worked so hard on. I especially enjoy the laugheter. Some of the hardest things is the schedule, 7-3, 3-11, 11-7, 24-7 we are open and you never know the sift you will be working. You can work a 3-11 and then back in at 7.
I havve learned a lot from the many positon I have held here over the years. I have learn how to be a team played, communication, and how to multi task.
horrible !
DSP (Current Employee), scranton,paJuly 10, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I've worked for Keystone recently.... It's a terrible place to work. Their pay is unfair, they have no respect for their employees, and this position that they have open is hard for them to fill. Mainly because they pin a lot of work on you that isn't even your job!
Nothing Special
Program Manager/ Specialist (Current Employee), Scranton, PaJune 26, 2012
Pros: good pay and benifits. willing to train you in anything they have available.
Cons: horrible work life balance. management do not communicate effectivly, manager have a lot more work handed to them then they have time to complete.
Company if ok to work for, but nothing make them stand out. They pay well and the benefits are good. You must work for them for a full year before you obtain a 401K, and you only receive 5 days vacation the first year, no exceptions! Co-workers are very nice and respectful, however communication is a little bit of a problem for this company.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Direct Care Service Provider (Current Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 21, 2012
Pros: paid lunch, dinner time
Cons: short notices on scheduling
Keystone Community Resources is a fun and rewarding company to work for. The company promotes the values of family and equality for its clients as well as its employees.
A great place to work
dsp (Former Employee), scranton paFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: its a team player enviorment
Cons: to many hours
It is a very good place to work there are alot of opportunities for advancement.

Keystone Community Resources Salaries