KEYSTONE ENGINEERING Employee Reviews

Job Shop
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
Hot dirty rat excrement everywhere, mgmt is indifferent and unorganized. The culture is cut throat, gossiping, back stabbing, bully employees. No matter how hard a person works, they are critical and unappreciative.Unsafe working conditions, dangerously bad area full of thugs,women of the night and drug addicts roaming around. Worst job ever! NOT one thing enjoyable.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
I did not like it ate all.
Sr. CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 26, 2017
Its and nice company to work for. The management is good as well. The work is fun civil design. But I'm look to be working in Lafayette or closer to home. I drive 84 miles a day. I love my job but being in town would be a lot more convent.
Various responsibilites
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Create new packaging - ordered raw materials - meet with store managers - Walgreens - HEB - Walmart. Marketing and advertising - and sales - tr to get the product in more stores
Pros
Got to travel
Great group of people
Senior Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 14, 2016
Like other engineering companies in Louisiana, Keystone is subject to swings of the oil industry. When oil is up Keystone is booming when oil is down, you hope to keep billable, If you understand that going in you'll never be disappointed or surprised.
Pros
Fellow co-workers
Cons
Small engineering company heavily based in Oil & Gas
Internship at Keystone
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 24, 2016
Keystone Engineering Inc. is an awesome company to work for! I loved the professional atmosphere as well as the knowledgeable engineers. When oil and gas prices stabilize again, I will most defiantly be looking to work for them again.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Oil and Gas prices
Laid back place to learn while on the job.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Engle, TXJune 24, 2016
Worked as a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) operator machining fiber glass components for the oil and gas industry. Duties included daily maintenance of machines i.e. greasing the ways, tail stock and acme screw. Periodically while parts are running check to see if measurements conform to set tolerances on diagram sheet (if off make corrections). Safety and house keeping persuaders were practiced such as using a buddy system to lift boxes or trash over a cretin weight to prevent back injury and clean any coolant spilt on the floor and to keep all walkways clean of obstructions to help ensure an accident free environment.
Good place to work.
Sr. E/I Designer (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 18, 2016
I worked with some very friendly, knowledgable and helpful people.

A typical day started with a morning meetings with lead engineers to determine work and deadlines.

Management seemed to be people orientated to its employees, by having good activities, such as crayfish boils, a Christmas party and other activities.

There were really not any real hard parts to the day.

The most enjoyable part of the day, was the whole day, I really enjoyed working at Keystone, and my work.
Pros
Regular Lunch and Learn opportunities, Flexible work schedule friendly/helpful staff
Cons
Flexible and family oriented company
Drafting/Design (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 1, 2016
Flexible and family oriented company to work for. Opportunity for advancement and rewards their employees accordingly.
Good place to work, until oil prices drop.
E & I Engineer (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 2, 2016
KEI is a good place to work. Management has changed and that made it go from great to just good. Once oil prices rise this would be a great place again.
Pros
Engineers
Acceptable
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Most of the coworkers were kind and helpful. The workplace was poor in most places. Many times, the work output was needlessly rushed.
lunch on time
Operator CNC lathe (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2015
operater lather machine.Ineed co-worker helps .AFter setup and fi
fnish a job Ifeel happy. I run lather machine.SET up machine and run parts
Productive company
Receptionist/HR Assistant/Payroll (Current Employee) –  houston, txJune 25, 2015
Its well organize and productive company. Very friendly with employees and customers. Company is in the oil and gas industry.
Unstable job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2015
The day passes by slow sometimes while working. I had learned to make petroleum pipes. The supervisor is very cool but the owner is not fair with the salary. My coworkers are fun. Everything is easy in these job.
Strange
Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Cameras watched the management people at their desks, and everyone worked by the bell.
Good Place to work.
Special Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, Texas.October 30, 2013
Nice people. Fun place to work. Just to much over seas work and I'm not interested in going back over seas.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
normal oil field machine shop
General Manager and Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2013
review jobs being run each morning, checking progress until completion.
No one to learn from, answered directly to Owner of company.
some co-workers were skilled, some were trainees.
Hardest part was getting all the departments to work together.
Satisfaction came when seeing a job completed and shipped correctly and on time.
Pros
paid for overtime
Cons
short lunches, weak benefits
Micro Managed
Oustide Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2013
Nothing can get done due to the owner wanting his hand in everything. Awful place to work and would not recommend it to anyone.
Cons
the owner
Poductive and friendly workplace
Receptionist/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 10, 2013
A typical day of work consisted of helping out with projects and keeping up with time and expenses. I did drafting designs for Electrical Engineers, Civil Engineers, and Pipe designers. My co-workers were very helpful and open to any questions. The hardest part of my job was completing my task in a timely manor, not because I couldn't handle the case load, I was sill in school and was limited to time. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the completion of my work (Finished product).
Pros
reasonable lunch breaks
Cons
partime worker no benefits
Productive and busy place.
Saw machinist, Painter, Stocker, helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2012
I work morning shifts from 6am-330pm. My duties where to take mandrels out of the oven and put raw mandrels in the oven. Move boxes and pallets, clean my saw machine, and cut different types of mandrels with the saw machine. Sometimes I'll paint mandrels cones such as 340 438s and etc. I learn many things from this company and experience different peoples from different background which I think is a good thing to learn from, because I feel I can work with anybody with more confidences and I can get along with anybody.
Great Company, Mediocre pay
Survey Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater,OkMarch 1, 2012
I have enjoyed working at Keystone the management team are great people just a little on the cheap side. Great place to work though.