Keystone Foods

Keystone Foods Employer Reviews

Unstable Turnover
Supervisor (Current Employee), Bakerhill, ALFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: my team
Cons: salary w/ no overtime worked 60+ hours a week
Never experienced such a extremely high volume of turnover. Days are extremely long due mostly being understaffed from absenteeism and no call/ no shows
job create good work ethics
line leader (Former Employee), Bakerhill, ALJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good work shifts
Cons: you work with plenty of disgruntle people
this job was not one of the best i had, i worked with a lot of disgruntle employees that took their job for granted. this was a good learning experience for me. I learned how to take to bitter with the sweet
Fast paced factory work
Wing Pack Out (Former Employee), Albany, KYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly environment
Cons: cold temperatures, longer hours
Keystone Foods is a chicken factory.
A typical day at work for me consisted of cutting wings, boxing or bagging them, and getting them ready to be shipped out.
Management was always helpful and willing to work with anyone with a problem.
Co-workers were very friendly as well.
The hardest part of the job was long hours - often working 10-11 hours a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced environment.
I love working here.
GU operator (Current Employee), Rainbow City, ALDecember 27, 2014
Typical work day consist in, watching boxes, making sure there are no broken or untapped boxes. I haven't learned much I didn't know already. The management is pretty good. My co-workers are ok to work with, but I tend to stay to myself.
Great Place to Work
Area Operator (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good money, decent security
Cons: a lot of stress
I would come in, distribute the paperwork to the different stations, and then go in to check the line. I learned what it took to cook chicken in an industrial environment, as well as how to plan for, and schedule employee breaks and absences. It was hard all around, but the people were amazing, including the supervisors.
Work areas
General Utility Worker (Former Employee), Rainbow City, ALNovember 3, 2014
Keystone had two different work areas. A raw side which the unprocessed meat was being prepared. A cooked side where the meat was cooked and packed.
good company
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 31, 2014
Pros: co workers, benefits, flexible
Cons: pay
A typical day is very busy, however your co workers make it that much better.
productive and commmuntity involvementM
Production Lead Person (Current Employee), Camilla, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: an excellent cafeteria
Cons: no 401k for employees
My day at Cagle Keystone Foods is time consuming, concentration on quality/quantity product to meet costumer needs. My coworkers are a great group of people to work with, management is concerned and caring. I have no hard part when it comes to my job. The enjoyable part of my job is making an employee smile when she/he is going through a difficult moment and producting quality/quantity product.
Production and fun of DSI
DSI (Current Employee), Eufaula, ALSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free t-shirts, free wal-mart gift cards, a $200 bonus after completing 90 days or work
Cons: two 30 mins breaks, life insurance, dental, healthcare
DSI is a great and easy department. Once you learn it, its fun to do. I learned that all the chicken patties are made with white meat (breast meat). I also learned that its very important to keep your work area clean and keep degrees low when work with raw meat. The hardest part of the job is standing in the cold all day or night and get production on time. The best part of the job you can work and talk to other team members, also the machine does everything you just have to make sure the meat is on the line right and put the patties up once its made. insurance
I enjoyed my work with Keystone foods.
Broiler Service Technician (Former Employee), Eufaula, ALSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: i really have no negatives to report for this experience in my life.
My work consisted of working with our growers to ensure that each poultry grower was following our animal welfare protocol and that all company requirements were being met and upheld. I enjoyed talking with our growers and also enjoyed learning about the poultry industry. The hardest part of this job was convincing growers to spend some money here and that it would pay off there.
good place but bad if you have to miss
Chicken Cutter in Eviscation (Current Employee), Albany, KYSeptember 23, 2014
i was in the hospital and came back the had doctor excuse and everything then they fired me
Stagnant.
Santation worker (Current Employee), Easton, PASeptember 22, 2014
Most days are pretty confusing with no direction at all.
With a new supervisor, a lot of problems occurred that didn't happen before. When a plan the supervisor set forth didn't go according to plan, the workers got to blame. When the workers did what they normally know how to do, the supervisor would take credit for it.
A lot of harassment took place in this company. Co workers were easy to get along, but some were very selfish and didn't help.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with management.
i wouldn't recommend this place because for a young person,
it is very stagnant and there is no place to grow.
productive and some fun times
Lead man (Current Employee), Palmer, PASeptember 14, 2014
every morning I check my schedule to see what product that needs to be ran for production...I assemble my extruders for the proper product. I start them up and make sure they run with no problems throughout the day. I've learned alot since working there..(trouble-shooting and general maintenance etc.
productive
Line worker (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALSeptember 5, 2014
the job is easy but it too cold and they don't pay good also most of the time they don't keep you as permanent.
Good working enviroment with big break room
line worker (Current Employee), Albany, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: union job
Cons: short breaks
A day of work at this company is great I have learned many things. I have really enjoyed all the coworkers the hardest part of the job is the temperature.
Productive and Great place to work
IT System Support Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 3, 2014
Productive and Great place to work Even though my job assignment was temporary. I really learned alot of helpful troubleshooting and tactical skills to add to my knowledge database to open me to different job markets in the I.T. environment.
Awful
Tender Cutter (Former Employee), Albany, KYAugust 16, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: pay, breaks, everything
They never kept you on the schedule they said they was going to. They never paid you what they was suppose to. Your check was never what it was suppose to be and they cheated you. The benefits wasn't no good. They was very rude and hateful. It wasn't worth the drive to not get paid what you was suppose too. You never got the breaks that you was suppose too.
productive work place.
choulder cutter (Former Employee), Albany, KYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pay, an easy going workers.
Cons: the coldness.
on a typical day at work i would clock in at 4oclock every evening an i would get ready by putting my smock on an a cotton pair of gloves an a green rubber pair an hair net an beard net then i would wash up an then walk on line grab a chain glove an go to work cutting every 3rd chicken pulling breast meat down an cutting off wing.
i learned how to shoulder cut very well an do my job as required.
all my co workers done there job it was a very positive an productive envirment.
the hardest part of my job was being in 35 degree weather for 8 hours a day an then walking outside where it was 80 to 90 degree causing me to stay sick.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the money.
Productive Workplace
LINE LEADER/SUPPORT PERSON (Former Employee), Bakerhill, ALAugust 6, 2014
Great place that you can move up in management fast. You have to tackle several different attitudes but the job gets done.
great work enviroment
Packer/scaler (Current Employee), North Baltimore, OHJune 21, 2014
Great management, co-workers are fun people to work with, really not a hard job just standing in same spot for 8-10 hours in 36 degree temps can be chillin to some...being very productive is my most enjoyable aspect of the job

1 2 3

About Keystone Foods

Keystone Foods is a global food services company that supplies the world’s finest consumer brands with high-quality, fresh – Read more