Keystone Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Debone dept.
General Laborer/Machine Operator/ Q.A Sampler (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GAFebruary 5, 2016
As far as pay rate it is pretty good. The insurance is suitable as long as your the only one on coverage. The insurance family plan sucks almost $200 a week. This company employs very unprofessional management staff. Anywhere from retaliation, harassment and total disregard for their employees health, especial work related illnesses and injuries. Anything goes at this company. The company does not do background checks. So many people from all walks of life work here. Many fights break out during work shifts. There aren't many jobs around this area with ok pay and benefits and the management team will tell you that and treat you as such. High turnover rate. Every other week a new hire crew comes in.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Very unprofessional place to work.
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2015
Keystone is a great place to work with great people. I felt welcome here from day one, and I really enjoy being here. My co-workers are very friendly and approachable. Management is very open and approachable, even the president. The hardest part of the job is learning all the details of the position because much of it is dependent on knowing who is who, which of course takes some time. As far as I can see, compensation and benefits are great, I only chose 3 stars for compensation and job security because I am working here through a Temp agency, which they seem to use a lot.
Terrible. Stinky place, and people. Thoughtless. Careless. Mind numbing. Just awful
Slave (Former Employee) –  North Baltimore, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Nothing good about the place. Management doesn't care. Employees don't care. No common sense. Most people there are not only ugly, but DUMB and stinky too. No advancement possibility. Pay is mediocre. Union is terrible. Too many people out for themselves. You'll end up feeling like a used up piece of chewing gum. Once the flavor is gone you are of no value. Oh, and just by reading this review,..YOURE DRAFTED! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND WORK!!
Very detailed work
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALJune 22, 2015
The job I do is very detailed. I am responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of all production equipment that I am assigned to, as well as other materials necessary in my area. I am required to wear PPE ( Personal Protective Equipment), which includes a rain suit, gloves, hard hat, and goggles. There is strict enforcement of all safety procedures, and I have no disciplinary actions against me on file with the company. Before my area is released, I am inspected by Quality Assurance personnel to insure cleanliness. Although I generally work alone, I also assist other employees in my immediate area. Being a member of the safety, I report any safety issues to my supervisor, as well as insuring my team members are working safely.
Pros
Promotes safety on the job, teamwork, competitive pay and benefits
Highly organized and independent able to effectively coordinate task to accomplish projects with timeless creativity
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Albany, KYDecember 13, 2015
Great place to work, good co- workers, I have learned how to communicate better, jobs not hard, management is good on most days, work day go by slow but smooth when co-workers come to work
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great family benefits provided
GU (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALDecember 18, 2015
Fun atmosphere at times. Great place to meet new people. Fast paced and lots of different work schedules available. Great feeling of security when entering or exiting the premises.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks longs nights
very productive and fastpace
Operations/Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYFebruary 5, 2016
Keystone Foods is a good place to work because of the hours and the pay was very good including wage increase and bonuses.
Pros
fridays had free lunches and the people you were around
Cons
some of the machines messed up alot depended on the day
Keystone had great benifits.
Quality Assurance / Food Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCMarch 23, 2016
Keystone Foods is a great company to work for though you must remain focused in order to survive in the high stress environment.
didnt like it
de bone (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYMarch 16, 2016
just not a factory worker hate standing in spot for a long period of time. and the cold it is really cold in there and your hands hard really bad.
Pros
the money
Cons
everything
production
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GASeptember 1, 2015
A typical day here was alright. I learned to debone at a fast pace. I worked with many different coworkers. I had to go from sleeping at nights to sleeping doing the day and working nights. Learning to debone was hard at first but I caught on pretty fast.
Pros
lunch breaks, benefits, sick days
Cons
no 401k
Very Educational
Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYApril 15, 2015
The main thing that I enjoyed about Keystone was the beneficial classes that enlightened me on the poultry busniess. I developed more training and patience than any other job that I have done.The hardest part of the job was the very poor lacation and the extreme high turnover rates.
Pros
vacation, good medical benefits
Cons
extremely long hours, high turnover, poor location
Great Company!
LINE LEADER/SUPPORT PERSON (Former Employee) –  Bakerhill, ALFebruary 18, 2016
This company will get you to work and work with you. You have to communicate with the office and they will make sure you are taken care of
Fast paced factory work
Wing Pack Out (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYDecember 28, 2014
Keystone Foods is a chicken factory.
A typical day at work for me consisted of cutting wings, boxing or bagging them, and getting them ready to be shipped out.
Management was always helpful and willing to work with anyone with a problem.
Co-workers were very friendly as well.
The hardest part of the job was long hours - often working 10-11 hours a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced environment.
Pros
good pay, friendly environment
Cons
cold temperatures, longer hours
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 10, 2015
Lean company.

Excellent management.

Good benefits.

Challenging roles and responsibilities.

Support the larges brands in the food industry.
Productive and family oriented work place
Debone (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAMay 24, 2015
A typical day at work is usually a eight hour day and cutting around two thousand chickens. I learned how to debone chicken shoulders with precision. Keystone Foods provides a good working enviorment, and has good management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor food
productive and commmuntity involvementM
Production Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GAOctober 20, 2014
My day at Cagle Keystone Foods is time consuming, concentration on quality/quantity product to meet costumer needs. My coworkers are a great group of people to work with, management is concerned and caring. I have no hard part when it comes to my job. The enjoyable part of my job is making an employee smile when she/he is going through a difficult moment and producting quality/quantity product.
Pros
an excellent cafeteria
Cons
no 401k for employees
great work field.
breader operator (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GASeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed working in a structured environment with others. did not like the little amount of hours i received. my manager was very rude and did not demonstrate good people skils.
Keystone Foods
Deboner/Pack out worker (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAOctober 29, 2013
The pay was great. Management was fair to all workers. The benefits was good. Holiday pay. The atmosphere was different experience. I learned to network with people. Overall I would work again for this company.
Pros
benefits and a quarter raise ever year.
Cons
the department i was working in had very cold temperatures.
Teamwork all day every day
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Baker Hill, ALSeptember 17, 2015
Everyone on the line had specific jobs to be done. There were times when I had to do my job and someone else job in order for production to stay on top.
Pros
Guaranteed job
physical labor
Egg setter 3rd shift (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAJuly 23, 2015
good place to work, but not to move up in the company was very physical but not metal tough of a job. arrived at work cleaned break room, offices, bathrooms. at set times we set eggs in the setters then once done cleaned the setters.
Pros
easy hours
Cons
physically exhausting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keystone Foods. Our community is ready to answer.