Keystone Foods Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Sanitation Lead (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYApril 22, 2017
Great people and work environment it was hot and cold where I work worked as a sanitation lead. The management and job are great and some can be hard
they have a union
Knife Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYMarch 27, 2017
sometimes its a good thing, but it never seemed to helped me when i needed them the most. its rough on your hands and body, but the pay is better than most areas.
ok place to work just need something closer to home
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 15, 2017
I love the company and moved up but I just need day shift and closer to home . I am flint in Spanish and love to help people with the lanage .I am a hard worker and learn fast.
Pros
easy
Cons
short breaks
lots of micromanagemet
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 9, 2017
Executives feel they are entitled, no real connection to employees. Policies are only enforced when its convenient for the company.
Very cutthroat and political.
Productive, fast pace, interesting
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Bakerhill, ALFebruary 19, 2017
This job offered many advancement opportunities. The people their seems to enjoy themselves as a typical day would go. Good environment to work in and get help or to give help.
Best job
Debone (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Nice people,nice town nice living best job ever, I was a shoulder cutter in line 8 ,line 8 is the fastest line and big birds, my bosses know that I work good,fast and hard. I never gets in trouble or nothing like that.
Pros
Friday free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Very cold
Debone (Former Employee) –  Albany, KYFebruary 11, 2017
For the area of Albany, KY it is one of the very few good paying jobs. No degrees required or experience needed makes it very convenient. Honestly, I toughed it out everyday because of the pay. The management, HR, or line leads didn't care about anything or anyone really. If you needed your manager and couldn't find him; go outside and look in the smoke hut. It was very unorganized. All management, line leads, and HR was all on different pages of what was going on or what needed to be going on. In Debone as a shoulder cutter it was very, very cold and would have a lot of pain in your neck, shoulders, shoulder blades, and hands. The hardest part of the job was standing still in the same spot in 30 degree whether. I really didn't enjoy anything about the job; like I said it's the best money for this area. The point system is kind of ridiculous. It's half of a point for one minute late up too 4 hours. 4 hours and 1 minute is a whole point.
Pros
Money
Cons
Cold, unorganized, unclean
Production worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAFebruary 3, 2017
Cut chicken, made sure it was properly sanitized, and packaged. Everyone worked as a team to get the desired amount of birds cut that night. We made sure everything was done as a team.
like sanderson
Packer (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAJanuary 25, 2017
To much like Sanderson farm just stricter and longer hours. Not bad as long as you stay to yourself. If you have small kids its not really the place for you. Hard to balance work and life.
Pros
pay every friday
Cons
cold, long hours, strict rules
Productive workplace with good pay and good hours
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Overall it is a great place to work especially for someone fresh out of college or in school. I would recommend for someone who doesn't mind working in a cold environment.
Pros
Good Pay, Good hours
Cons
Short breaks and long drive from where I currently reside
DSI (Current Employee) –  Baker Hill, ALJanuary 13, 2017
A regular day at work kind of easy no hard work in the plant very cold consist of water below 50° work weekends and some holidays and overtime as your will
Cons
30 min breaks
very fun place to work
Debone (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAJanuary 11, 2017
I loved working at this job. I meet so many people working at this job. I learned how to work with others like a team, There wasn't anything hard abot this job it was very easy.
Its an ok job but not the ideal job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Generally my work is routine I have a basic format I use when I go into the work place. I focus on learning something new when I enter the workplace. I work at night so interaction is small management. I focus on establishing a safe environment with production supervisors to ensure a healthy work environment. My co-workers are knowledgeable of our workplace and we establish very fluent communication amongst each other. The resources are very limited which makes it difficult grow within the department. I enjoy my ability to be able to face new challenges, working with my hands, and enhancing my critical thinking skills
Pros
scheduling
Cons
Salary, Benefits, and growth
Making women cut shoulders being under paid. Benefits not good enough
Deboner (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GADecember 28, 2016
Keystone have its good and bad. We dont have 401k. As hard as we work we and we hurt we deserve it. We get really dont get paid like we should.
Pros
You meet some good people at the job.
Cons
Breaks are too shorts. People with authority abuse it
productive
General Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 23, 2016
a typical day at work was fun interesting and agravating sometimes. i learned many different things about chicken. management was fair. co workers was messy but fair. hardest part of the job was when something broke. most enjoyable part was some of the people their.
I enjoy working for keystone foods but ready to experience something different with better pay
Blender Operator (Current Employee) –  Reidsville, NCDecember 4, 2016
It's a ok place to work just need some improvements on management and union. This company provides mainly for McDonald's.We makes chicken nuggets and chicken patties
Pros
Getting paid every week
Cons
Need better management
it's a job
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GANovember 30, 2016
Fast pace environment
I learn how to multi task better
Management can be better
Noisy and trouble makers
Coworkers that tries to get your job or make it hard for you

When the line go down
Pros
days off
Cons
benefits and hourss
Productive company with room for advancement.
Sr. Director, Quality Systems (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 30, 2016
I had many jobs in the field of Quality in my 35 year career and was afforded the opportunity to advance in title, responsibility and salary. I was able to hone my teaching and training skills. My job was very challenging but rewarding. I attended lectures, seminars and conferences to keep current on all issues pertaining to Food Quality and Quality Systems.
Pros
Comfortable working environment with lots of room for advancement.
typical chicket plant
Rehanger (Former Employee) –  Bakerhill, ALNovember 28, 2016
if you are able to stand for long periods of time then this job wont be a problem.The work isn't too hard . The hardest part is that you have to stand. I think the break should be a little longer ,but other than that its a good job. good pay, and benefits.
Pros
Pay
Cons
long periods of stnding
Great place of advancement
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baker Hill, ALNovember 21, 2016
Good pay good chance of advancing 3 job shifts so it can be flexible with a family. Good health benefits great retirement plan some bad supervisors over all good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keystone Foods. Our community is ready to answer.