Keystone Human Services Employee Reviews

Ok job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2017
The job pays good and the patients are what keep you going but the management isnt that good. You can put in as much hours you want too. And they work around your schedule.
Not organized
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 25, 2017
These people put on a show about how they love their individuals that's all bs all they care about is making money not organized at all management sucks bad!!! The only good thing are the individuals.
Really nice Management
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2017
i could pick my own schedule with this temp service. went to multiple places ive never been before in st.louis it is an experience. Again nice management and staff
layedback
Consumer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Boothwyn, PAJuly 19, 2017
cook, clean, wash laundry, feed clients, take clients on outings and doctor appointments. assist clients to the bathroom, give medication. there's a lot of down time which I don't like. I like being busy throughout my whole shift.
Interesting
Community Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 18, 2017
Love the participants of the program. Be prepared to not have any free time during the week. Short in staff causes a lot of issues with in the dynamic of the work place.
Work place
Senior Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 18, 2017
I currently work for keystone and they don't care about ur well being or anything. The work/life balance sucks. You don't have a social life what so ever and it's even worse when you have kids at home. I don't see the pay worth it with everything that is excepted of you.
Stressful and no life..
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 11, 2017
Irresponsible management... the individual's are amazing but the people you work with were not professional .. they expect you to work any shift and every shift. No social life if you wanna get paid a decent paycheck .
Pros
Individual's you work with.
Cons
The pay and managment.
Horrible reviews for this company
Advanced direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Shavertown, PAJuly 10, 2017
This company lures you in By offering a competitive hourly wage but that's all they have going for them. I applied for an advanced direct support professional over 2 years ago, they were so impressed with my resume and experience that they offered me a position on the spot. I was unable to accept the position however because my availability was only Monday through Friday as I am a CNA on the weekends. The shift they offered me was Sunday through Thursday right in my Hometown. Because I was unable to accept the position they offered me, they put that down in their files as a bad mark. I had since applied again to the company 2 more times after that and was turned down from them even considering me based solely on the fact that I had turned down the original position they offered me because of availability. That, in my opinion, is a very unprofessional way to conduct business. Do you need qualified experienced people or don't you? The fact that I said I was available Monday through Friday but you didn't have anything to offer me with that availability should not be held against me for applying to your company in the future but that's exactly what has happened. I will never apply to this company again and I will tell everyone that I know my experience with this horrible company. Based on all of the bad reviews that I have read about this company, it would appear that I have dodged that bullet thankfully
Pros
Competitive hourly wage
Cons
Horrible attitude in how they conduct business
Great stepping stone in the medical feild
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAJuly 7, 2017
I loved working for keystone i would still be there if i hadn't moved. I miss it everyday. You for loving and strong relationships with the individual and you gain a sense of family at work.
not fair thE agency haD to leave dc
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the company SORRY TO SEE THEM LEAve the DC area. Keystone is like family. atmosphere was great plenty of team building exercises.
crazy
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 5, 2017
on call all of the time. no time for a life. work crazy hours and are expected to be on call for programs that you know nothing about. very stressful.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
runs your life.
Mental Heath tech
Community living facilitator (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJuly 1, 2017
The entire time I was working here I felt great. This was due to the fact that I was helping people. And helping others is something that I enjoy doing.
Not a place of employment I would recoment.
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PA 18052June 27, 2017
The company will over work you and under compensate you during your entire employment with them. Management is totally out of touch with employees and offers no support. Administration is top heavy and does not care about the individual with Intellectual Disabilities it supports. Policies change without any concern for anything other than the financial bottom line.
Pros
Working with the clients.
Cons
On call all the time.
Would not work there again.
Group Home Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 17, 2017
The pay is average, high management turnover. A lot of drama with co-workers. Not a team environment. The clients are amazing to work with, they make your job fulfilling.
You are a small cog in a big machine.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 15, 2017
I worked in a group home and liked my coworkers, but upper management was out of touch and not interested in the opinions of the people in the trenches. I, personally, would not want to work there again. It's a good job if your are trying to go to school at the same time. I worked night shift and did homework.
Pros
Clients are great.
Cons
Employees are not valued. The field of human services is over-regulated and complex.
Horrible Company
Senior Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 8, 2017
This company over works you to the point you get little to no sleep. In the event of emergencies you need to find your own coverage. Management changes constantly and never supports you. The turnover ratio is the worst I have ever seen.
Cons
Great job to work, for long term
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 2, 2017
Worked at a program coordinator great job experience learned a lot on time management scheduling, and communication skills need more work on, but great to work with the individual in their houses.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Poor supervisors communication with staff
Fast paced
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAJune 1, 2017
Keystone offers employees the chance to prove themselves amongst the other employees. It is quick paced on most days and there is always something going on. The "program directors" could learn from some of their employees. You are responsible for up to 10 residents and it takes time to get to know each individual.
Pros
Client happiness, learning environment
Cons
No breaks
they good
Busser/Waiter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2017
they are good workers, everyone gets along well, we like to have fun and work there are little to no problems at this job but it is a temp job looking for a full time job.
Dont waist your time!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  WhiMay 17, 2017
In the beginning of my work experience at Keystone. It was great. Everyone was so nice and helpful and I immediately became close with the individuals. As time went on I noticed everyone you work with asks to cover shifts all the time because you cant call off even if your sick you basically get harrassed and you get calls ALL the time, even on your day off. I even got stalked once by my supervisor. Even when you go all out for the job and go above and beyond, you dont get recognition unless you worked there for 17 years. YOU NEVER GET A PAY RAISE. You will help someone out and cover their shift and work on your day off but no one will do the same for you. Most of the houses are filthy. Most of the employees are filthy and so lazy. After a few months working for Keystone I found myself doing WAY more than what the job description told me i was going to do. Every day was a sweat. You get hit all the time depending on the individuals. The supervisors dont help and they train horrible when they tell you what you need to do in your work home. I basically taught myself everything I needed to do in the work house i was placed in. Some employees sleep on the job, let the individuals sit in their urine and feces all day, some employees mis treat the individuals and the list goes on. I tried quitting and they begged me not to leave. Theyre desperate. I stayed but i switched to part time "casual" and I stopped picking up hrs and now im looking for a better job. Keystone is un organized and they teach you to treat the individuals like human beings and they want them to have a normal life  more... as they should and live life to the fullest but its hypocritical if you ask me. Ive seen a few houses run by Keystone and how the individuals are living and its nothing better than a nursing home, maybe even worse because there arent any cameras in any of the homes and everyone does whatever they please not to mention the Medication thats suppose to be given to the individuals. Thats another long, sad story. Dont work at Keystone.  less
Pros
The individuals, Benefits, Overtime
Cons
The company, management, employees, filthy environments, Negativity, ect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keystone Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9