keystone human services

keystone human services Employer Reviews

Employee for over a decade
Current employee (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: none anymore
Cons: everything
I've been employed with this company for over 10 years. I've seen go from great, to horrible. The turn over rate is horrible. Starting rate, $10 a hour. Never get a raise, and the upper management do not care about staff and clients. If they did, they would give an occasional raise so staff stuck around. The high turn over is really bad for the clients. It seems they only care about their own pockets. It feels like they are trying to get rid of all FT employees and just want casual/hourly's to cover. Full time staff often get stuck because no one shows up. If you have a hire position in this company, then I'm sure it's great. Otherwise, DO NOT BOTHER!!!!!
Fulfilling Work: Low Pay
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 31, 2014
Pros: paid meals with food included, plenty of variety in the day to day
Cons: low pay, irregular scheduling for full and part time employees
My typical day is spent working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Since the degree of impairment is different for each of the individual with whom I work, I must tailor activities to match their abilities, needs and goals. I have learned to break complex concepts into workable fragments, a process referred to as chaining. This has enabled me to enhance the math skills of two of my individuals, thus providing greater freedom to manage their finances and participate in retail exchanges. At the end of each shift, I document my work with each individual. My immediate supervisor is an incredibly dedicated worker. She knows the business and provides above average training and support for newly hired staff. The majority of my co-workers enjoy their work, but as I mentioned, the pay is low. The hardest part of my job is dealing with behavioral issues that are violent or self-harming by the individuals.The best part of y work is seeing the progress each individual has made.
A job that needs patience
Community Support Associate- (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 19, 2014
This job is a nice job. Working with those whom having difficulty fullfiling daily task is a good job. You get to assist with giving medications and running them to where they need to go. You become a special person in their lives. Management wasnt to bad but could use an improvement. The co-workers were awesome. They helped with task that needed to be completed as well. The hardest part of the job was being hit on and spit on.
Great training opportunities.
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 18, 2014
This company provides great training opportunities and many leads to advancement within the company. The company is very diverse in terms of workers, and allows individuals to adapt to others work techniques. Overall, it provides great work and learning experiences.
Love working here.
Associate Program Director (Current Employee), Hebron, CTDecember 10, 2014
Very pleasant work environment. I love my coworkers and how well we communicate with each other.
Great company providing excellent service to people in need
Targeted Case Management (Former Employee), Westminster MdDecember 9, 2014
Enjoyed working with keystone human services. The co-workers were enjoyable and I enjoyed serving our clients in need. A great relationship with the clients
Run fast!!
community support associate (Current Employee), newark,DENovember 20, 2014
Pros: helping others and they do have benefits
Cons: everything
This place is so disorganized and for the low pay of 10.00/hr It truly is not worth the hassle. Management is incompetent and sucks at basic communication skills. The hire ups at this company do not care about the well being of the people being taken care of. There are no bonuses, raises or support. In fact, if someone from the outside complains about you to management, there is no innocent until proven guilty, it is just GUILTY!. No room to advance, PD is lazy, service director is a tool, residents are unpredictable & I can make more at McDonald's. Run!!
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee), McDonald, PANovember 15, 2014
I loved the staff, the patients and the environment. Overall great place to work.
Keystone Human Services
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, CTNovember 15, 2014
It's an extremely corrupt agency that doesn't look out for the safety of it's employees, and there was a lot of corrupt, disgusting activity going on with the management. That's why I left, because I wanted nothing to do with the horrible, corrupt activities that the bigwigs were doing. I have too much integrity to stick with a job like that.
good company
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), Elizabethtown,paAugust 8, 2014
I would help my residents with daily activities like cooking,cleaning, and transporting them to appointments etc
Stressful environment, poor communication from supervisor
Senior Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 13, 2014
Although KHS has a mission to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its clients, there are several incidences that occured during my short time with the company that disproves this mission statement.

$10/hr barely compensates for the amount of work, stress, and lack of a regular work schedule.
working in the community
Case Worker (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 30, 2014
Cons: having to use personal car
Provide life skills training, • Manage a caseload and ensure all entries are documented, • Prepare Individual Support Plans and ensure their accurate
productive
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 20, 2014
I learn a lot of new things at this job about children and there surrounding. How they act to certain situations.
Productive Work Day
COMMUNITY SUPPORT STAFF (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAMay 12, 2014
Support individuals who are intellectually disabled to live full and active in the community by educating them on proper hygiene and daily living tasks. Assisting them in administering their medications, and completing household duties
help to support individuals with intellectual disabilities
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 15, 2014
I am a care giver for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
enjoy being and helping the individuals
Community Support Associate (Current Employee), Sunbury, PAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: no breaks
My typical day at work is maintaining the individuals needs goals and achievements such as taking them to there job site taking them shopping and have them purchase items, make 3 meals a day take to a appointments go to restaurants etc. I manage 3 female individuals. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the ladies achieve everything in life.
Just an OK
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), ConshockenFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: had a lot of hours
Cons: didn't care for people i worked with
The company it self is a very good company they are allover the world , The section that I worked for was not good they are no longer around so that say's a lot.
Always have hours for nights part time
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: part time if your willing to work around about schedule they will give you hours
Cons: when i went nights at my full time job .hardley no evening hours
I loved and enjoyed workig and help people. I learned how to pass medication and reward those less fortunate the others.
very challenging
Direct Care (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: work at own pace
Cons: clients lied about you
full work day, worked with 3 individuals, all different personalities, most times they were pleasant to be with. Other staff was nice to work with
Working for Keystone
COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 27, 2013
Pros: working with adults with mental disabilities and learning from them
Cons: management
When I worked for Keystone, it was an incredible experience. I discovered a talent and love that I didn't know I had. I enjoyed working with the adults I took care of and they showed me a new world, their world and how they are viewed. Everyone told them that they could never accomplish anything due to their disability but our company showed them that they can live a normal life. A majority of the people I took care of are still in my life today.