keystone human services Employee Reviews

Worst agency I ever worked for.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, CTAugust 7, 2016
Not only do they hire you for one schedule and expect you to be flexible for a complete different shift ..but you are penalized if you can not comply. Workers are rude to the clients...new staff...and the house managers make sure they are taken care of before staff or clients.
Great entry level position
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, PAJuly 31, 2016
This is a great family oriented company. This is an entry level position but good benefits. Great teamwork throughout the company.
Stressful to the Point of Panic Attacks
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PAJuly 15, 2016
I worked as an Intensive Case Manager and though I liked working with the clients, the demands of the supervisora were unrealistic. 20 clients that needs to be seenice every 2 weeks is fine to a point but when they start pushing for seeing them an hour a day and having to travel behind each client and then having to go back to the office to fill out the forms needed for services while taking calls from the clients who need to see you right away, thus resulting in you not being able to finish the paperwork on time. Other ICMs were worn out and stressed to no end. The supervisors were decent with supporting but the constant push for units over the quality of your interaction with the client was not a good representation of their company statements. I would avoid at all costs. You will become stressed very quickly.
Pros
Ok benefits
Cons
Using personal vehicle, low pay for the amount of stress you deal with
Unprofessionalism on many levels
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMay 29, 2016
I worked for this particular agency which was based out of Downingtown PA. I have been in various aspects of the healthcare industry for more then 20 years and I was completely at a loss for words at the level of unprofessionalism within this agency. My first impression in walking into the office as a new employee was less then impressive....you were not met with a smile and a "nice to meet you" attitude...instead the staff barely made eye contact and would then shuffle off into there little hiding spots that they called offices...human resources was less then resourceful to say the least and pretty much stayed behind a closed door with the blinds down and shut 95% of the time. The orientation process was drawn out to an almost month long process that could have been done within 4days...and then there was the mandatory trip to Harrisburg for yet another orientation...that basically was a repeat of what you had already been told previously for the 10th time that week...then you finally got to go work at the program for which you were hired...let me just say..again..unprofessionalism at its finest...high school gossip and drama permeated so thickly I think it was ingrained into the actual walls of the program. I did enjoy caring for the individuals who I supported and that in itself kept me going back for the short time I stayed until I just decided I could not work under those conditions any longer. I will say that there were a few shining stars within the agency that really do care and know how to present themselves and I find it very sad that they are the rare gems I saw in  more... this agency as a whole and I do hope things change for not only those individuals who know how to present and conduct themselves in the workplace but also that others within the agency will learn from them and can hopefully someday lead by the example they had shown me while I was with this agency.  less
Pros
Caring for individuals who really appreciate a smile and a kind word.
Cons
Unprofessionalism at many levels, important issues not addressed, poor benefits package as a whole and poor pay.
Worst company ever
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 19, 2016
If you are good at kissing management butt then you can move up with this company. Plan on not having a life they do not care about you or if you have a family. This company is not about the individuals they support. People do not accept responsibility for themselves, they blame co workers for their failures. The staffing turnover is really high with this company. You are never acknowledged for doing a good job, only reminded of what could be better. Stay away if u are smart.
Pros
working with individuals alone is rewarding
Cons
you have no life
Horrible management
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Juniata County, PAMay 3, 2016
I love my individuals I work for, but you literally have no life, they say they appreciate you but they really don't. Things get swept under the rug, acc if they don't like you they will do everything they can to get rid of you.
Pros
Working with the individuals
Cons
Horrible managment, looonnnggg hours, no life
Best job i ever had.
Direct support professional (Current Employee) –  Luzerne County, PAMarch 14, 2016
I've been working with Keystone for 9 months now.I love my job.Yes a lot of demands but so rewarding.Management awesome.Always there to help you no matter what the issue is.I plan to be with them for many years.
Patient care
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 21, 2015
Organization connected with other outside sources to provide great client care. Training was offered frequently. Staff members are willing to exchange shifts, in addition to assisting when necessary. Organization would be training to establishments when necessary.
Pros
Training/workshops
Cons
Many part-time employees
Ok Place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 9, 2015
I do not have many nice things to say so I would rather not. I will say that I enjoyed working for the individuals in the group home and it becomes more than just a job when you love what you do.
Teacher, Nurse, Guidance Counselor, etc.
Capital Area Head Start Pre-K Counts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 22, 2015
Working at CAHS was challenging for a first year teacher. There were excessive job requirements that other departments of the company could handle, however they were expected job functions of the classroom teachers. For example, health tracking documents such as dental visits and physicals could have been tracked through the health coordinators, and quarterly home visits tracking family goals and providing families aid could have been provided for the families through the social services coordinators. With these extra tasks it made very little time for being able to really focus on the group of 16 children more individually.
Personal care assistant
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAAugust 18, 2015
Personal care, administering medications, meal preparation, activities, doctors appointment's, appreciation for individuals, attachment as if these people were your own family member
Pros
supportive management, advancement opportunities
Cons
set pay worked on holidays if another client would not show up you were stuck there
fun working with individuals
DSP (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 10, 2015
Very manageable job. You get to know the individuals as you work there more and more. You will understand their daily routines and get into the habit of assisting them. Overall not a bad company to work for.
I managed a home for three individuals with autism
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 3, 2015
I enjoyed the variety of things I did at this job. Most gratifying to me was interaction with the three people living there and seeing that the effort I made helped them to live their lives and be as independent as they could be. I could also notice that my co-workers were caring individuals as well, who had the clients best interest at heart. Responsibilities included going over communication and treatment logs, attending treatment team meetings and voicing my thoughts on the best way to handle or treat certain issues, scheduling appointments, administering medications, and sometimes cooking for the clients. The most difficult part of the job for me was the management of other staff, as this was the first job where I was in a management position. But I learned a lot about how to effectively evaluate performance and effort of employees, and to see where their strengths were and how to use those strengths to benefit the clients. I regularly asked for feedback so that I would know which areas I needed to improve upon as well. This was an extremely satisfying experience for me.
Supportive and committed management
Management (Current Employee) –  DCJuly 23, 2015
Excellent place to work with committed/ dedicated people focus on full inclusion and dignity of risk. I could not ask for better people to work with.
Rewarding career that is what you make of it
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJuly 19, 2015
Working with disabled individuals is a very rewarding and at times stressful job. It truly is what you make of it. A lot of teamwork goes into this job. On a typical day you will be providing transportation, administering medications, cooking, taking folks out into the community and completing daily progress notes. I learned a lot about how to help people with various disabilities and what it takes to assist them in transitioning into every day society and helping them get the opportunity to live a long, happy and productive life. Management is very helpful and caring but there can be a lot of turnover. Co-workers come and go and can vary from the very hard working to the lazy. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the unpredictability of the individuals you serve. The most rewarding part of this job is being able to see the results of your work in the form of a living, breathing person that is, in most cases for the first time ever, being given an opportunity to live a rich and rewarding life.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule, freedom to be creative and implement ideas, rewarding job
Cons
can be high stress at times, a lot of turnover with superiors, not a lot of opportunities for pay increases.
Never a boring day, unless everybody is out.
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  LancasterJuly 14, 2015
There are two positions per shift, unless it is the overnight. One position is the medicine person, who supervises med ingestion, calls to reorder medicines, writes progress notes, etc. The other position is in the kitchen, making the food and cleaning the house, etc. We help each other as needed. All of the workers and residents are great, and the management is as well. No complaints.
Pros
Free meals, flexible schedules, lots of nice people to get to know. Fantastic job for people persons.
Cons
Pay isn't great, but it's alright. The job isn't extremely easy, but it isn't difficult. Sometimes you have a difficult person in services, but that is the nature of the job, and it is fun and rewarding to get them to behave respectfully and become more happy, so they can enjoy being out in the community.
its alright
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 6, 2015
its alright they require way to much out of employees, and they pay does not nessesarily reflect the work that need to be done.
Terrible leadership and communication.
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 2, 2015
Unfair wage's. They don't care about you as long as your job gets done. How can a new employee make more then someone that's been there for years?
not a career
Community Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 30, 2015
I loved the people that I provided care for but the unprofessional and highly unintelligent female and male that I was supervised by were incompetent I was also in school for the same field and they made it very difficult to try and purse your dream of a better pay and a better. life. So if you need to make sure you have gas money and can qualify for food stamps please apply.
Work Your Life Away
DSP (Current Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAMay 22, 2015
The work can sometimes be overwhelming and you dont get paid a whole lot. The hours are tedious and you are always being called on your days off. Getting to use your vacation time is nearly impossible. Dont get sick because you basically have to be dying or in the hospital to call off of work. Oh and there is massive amounts of drama.

2.9