Keystone Mercy Health Plan Employee Reviews

I was able to develop....
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2015
I was able to develop strong analytical best practices with the help of my supporting supervisor. He gave me the flexibility to attempt different methods and approaches to solutions while providing the necessary feedback to make me a better programmer.
Pros
Work environment
great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaJuly 28, 2015
work life balance is great
they value their employees
they are very community oriented
they take time to teach you about other departments and thier functionality
Member Service Representative- I miss those days!
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE/ LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2015
Each day I met my stats in a fast paced, call center environment. Before leaving Member Services, I had become successful in handling escalated calls, provided training, and headed up the Member Dissatisfaction Project; which due to hard work and proof that this project should be come a position, the Company agreed. Thus, I became a Grievance Associate.

I miss my days with Member Services; however, I still visit frequently and assist the Reps in any way I can.
Pros
Helping people, Management allowing me to be a vital part of decision making
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Good Company to work & grow
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2015
I learned KMHP's process in a training that was a wonderful experience for me. My co-workers were helpful when I got on the floor. The gardest part of teh job was keeping up with the daily production requirements. I appreciate working at KMHP as it has prepared me for moving forward in my career.
same review as amerihealth caritas
Provider Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
this review will be the same as amerihealth caritas. The name used to be keystone mercy health plan. However it was more family oriented when it was keystone mercy health plan
Great Experience
Supervisor/Provider Claims Services Unit (Former Employee) –  Phila paNovember 14, 2014
Customer Service is key at this organization and I loved it!
Productive work place
CLAIMS TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2014
Processing claims, customer service. I learned a lot about management and there was always room to grow withing the company. The hardest part was keeping up with the payments of claims on time.
Pros
promotion opportunity
Cons
short breaks
i loved this type of work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
process medical ,dental, and vision claims for payment. i learned medical terms and insurance benefits. management was fair and helpful. co-workers were good. hardest part of job was talking to irate customers. the most enjoying part was solving problems
Pros
learning
Cons
irate customers
intership
Intern for Bright Start and Shift Care Departments (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2014
The internship was very beneficial in helping me to find a full time job.
Productivity was not great, for staff
Provider Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 28, 2014
Training was not at all very good. No classes were given for staff to attend. Very busy day
It was a pleasure to work with so many different individuals
Executive Assistant, Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Enjoy breakfast at your desk. All computer applications were trained on campus. My co-workers were the best people to work with and enjoyed being with them on a daily basis,
Excellent place to work
Claims Examiner I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work would be to input over 200 claims a day in the system. I have learned how to do that with no stress and enjoy it. My co-workers were team players and were a pleasure to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I would input over my quota.
Pros
location ws convenient
A nice place to work.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2013
The reason I left KMHP is because the company was supposedly moving to Conshohocken and I did not want to make such a long commute each day. As it turned out, the company did not relocate.
Disappointed with department
Provider Claim Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2013
Company audits were extreme and very demanding. There were 4 Audits that had to be 98% and adherence audit was very unreasonable and damaging to my health.
Very detailed oriented position, I've learned alot
Provider Cue Technician I (Former Employee) –  Lester,PAAugust 5, 2013
Great place to work and explore career opportunities the health insurance industry.
Pros
accessible
KMHP
Supervisor, Provider Claims Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2013
The company offers great benefits. The company has a lunch room on site where you can obtain your lunch purchase.
Pros
the company offers great benefits
Cons
no cons to report.
Productive work place. Great opportunities for advancement.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2013
Co-works were great. Its a high stress job thats very demanding but overall a great place to work.
productive and fun workplace
Claims Examiner I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2013
very good and fun learned alot very good management i loved working with my coworkers the hardest part of the job was the hrs and i enjoyed the interesting atmosphere
Pros
free coffee
Cons
more hrs
Micromanagement, Backstabbers, Low Pay
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelpha, PAApril 3, 2013
I worked as a Claims Examiner for almost 3 years. It was like a prison. Everyone ALWAYS looking over your shoulder. Very little positive feedback. The auditing process is set up so you will fail eventually. Too much stress and not enough pay. Most of my co-workers were good people. The managers and wannabe managers are just looking to advance themselves. You are treated as disposable. If you are a provider or member, you are treated well. If you are an employee, you are looked down upon. Go elsewhere.
Pros
short commute
Cons
management, pay, raises, micromanagers, auditing
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2013
Typical day at work is interacting with my team and building strong relationships within the company.
Pros
helping people