Keystone Mercy Health Plan Employee Reviews

Productive and diverse culture of people and easy going work environment
Check Research Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 19, 2017
working for keystone mercy has provided me many opportunities ini the healthcare industry both Medicaid and commercial positions and also allowed me to advance in this field
Pros
discounts close to philadelphia airport
Cons
short breaks
Fun and fast work place
Provider Service Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2017
A typical day at work consists of me logging on the computer and start processing claims to meet quota. The management was fun and compatible.The hardest part of the job was not meeting quota and not winning the prize that was for the team that processed the most claims.
Pros
free lunches, gifts
Cons
short breaks
Decent Job
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2017
Good job Very busy all day. Management is fair as job is very straight forward. You will get yelled at on the phones bye customers stressed about there orders
energetic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2017
One of his jobs you have to have patients to work in. The people are nice and supportive, they help you out the best they can and the supervisors will work with you to help maintain a goof worth ethic.
Pros
people
Cons
lack of stuff
Provider Claims Representative, Research Analyst
Senior Claims Examiner/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 26, 2017
I worked in provider claims for about 5 years truly love this department. The Management Team was the best with the co-workers. They really cared about the workers made sure we had the tools to the job. On a daily basis talked to the providers processing issues over the phone. It was a wide rage of problem claims issues.
example: contract issues with under or over payments. Wrong provider Id numbers, wrong Place service codes etc.

Research Analyst on a daily basis processing Special Projects with a wide range of issues...wrong provider Id, under and over payments...etc.. Also I was on a team worked on High dollar claims everyday. Also worked on daily appeals through correspondence.
Pros
I enjoy both positions. The work was exciting.
Cons
The Lob moved out of Town
A Busy Call Center!
Patient Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2017
I appreciate the time I spent & all I learned at Keystone Mercy. It is the reason I know SO much about the healthcare industry. However, I just did NOT enjoy the call center atmosphere.
n/a
Internship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2017
This was an internship for college it was a good experience and it gave me the tools and stepping stones to get out into the real world and to learn about different working environments.
Great Company to work for (Sister of AmeriHealth)
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2017
KeyStone Mercy Health Care is the sister of AmeriHealth Health Plan, They are both great companies run by same senior executives.
Pros
Marketing Events
Poor Management and low pay
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
This company is now known as AmeriHealth Caritas. Frankly the quality of the work force is rather low, which is not surprising considering the level of pay. If you have a college degree, you can do better. They are one of the larger Managed Medicaid companies in the country but they rapid expansion was poorly planned.
Pros
Job Security, Health coverage
Cons
Pay, 401k
Productive workplace
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Examine medical claims, had to process a certain about a day. Added to my resume more medical experience, management was trained well. If I received any difficult claims it would take a little longer to process because of the research. Great place to work for.
Pros
Flex hours
Love this school!!!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Great school for children that can't take being at regular school . It gave my the college experience before I went to college. Do good they will pay for your college.
Keystone Mercy was a fun place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tinimcum PaDecember 30, 2016
Working at Keystone Mercy was nice. The staff and bosses were respectful to one another. The day would consist of taking calls from members of the plan and assisting them with whatever they needed. It could become stressful because some members were sad and your heart would go out to them and others would be irate and you would have to remain calm and in the process try your best to calm them down in order to whatever they needed accomplished.
Pros
free pretzels and free sodas enjoyable parties given for staff for their hardwork during heatwaves
stressful
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2016
A typical day was a high call volume constantly.

The hardest part of job talking to angry consumer due to claim not received or denied and/or not paid correctly. High stress job

The most enjoyable part was working with a great group of people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lunch break not paid for and not enough time
Great Benefits
Accounts Receivable Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2016
This company has great values. They do a lot for communities and their members. It's the employees that I'm not so sure they really care about, which is sad.
Vairied vendors which utilitized my previous knowledge and experience
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2015
I had the opportunity to develop and executed purchase orders for various types of printing supplies, computers, consultant services and office supplies for 3 locations. While there, I Managed the Purchasing Card Program, including development of new policies and procedures
Maintained PeopleSoft vendor file integrity, input and vendor investigation. I was able to increase minority spending dollars, while allowing more minority vendors to bid on products.
I also created and implemented systems to improve efficiency/cost effectiveness of procuring office supplies, including negotiation of a firm contract for a fixed 55% discount from the office supply vendor.
Pros
Vairied vendors which utilitized my previous experience.
I was able to develop....
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2015
I was able to develop strong analytical best practices with the help of my supporting supervisor. He gave me the flexibility to attempt different methods and approaches to solutions while providing the necessary feedback to make me a better programmer.
Pros
Work environment
great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaJuly 28, 2015
work life balance is great
they value their employees
they are very community oriented
they take time to teach you about other departments and thier functionality
Member Service Representative- I miss those days!
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE/ LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2015
Each day I met my stats in a fast paced, call center environment. Before leaving Member Services, I had become successful in handling escalated calls, provided training, and headed up the Member Dissatisfaction Project; which due to hard work and proof that this project should be come a position, the Company agreed. Thus, I became a Grievance Associate.

I miss my days with Member Services; however, I still visit frequently and assist the Reps in any way I can.
Pros
Helping people, Management allowing me to be a vital part of decision making
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Good Company to work & grow
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2015
I learned KMHP's process in a training that was a wonderful experience for me. My co-workers were helpful when I got on the floor. The gardest part of teh job was keeping up with the daily production requirements. I appreciate working at KMHP as it has prepared me for moving forward in my career.
same review as amerihealth caritas
Provider Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
this review will be the same as amerihealth caritas. The name used to be keystone mercy health plan. However it was more family oriented when it was keystone mercy health plan