Keystone Mercy Health Plan Employee Reviews

Poor Management and low pay
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
This company is now known as AmeriHealth Caritas. Frankly the quality of the work force is rather low, which is not surprising considering the level of pay. If you have a college degree, you can do better. They are one of the larger Managed Medicaid companies in the country but they rapid expansion was poorly planned.
Pros
Job Security, Health coverage
Cons
Pay, 401k
Love this school!!!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Great school for children that can't take being at regular school . It gave my the college experience before I went to college. Do good they will pay for your college.
Keystone Mercy was a fun place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tinimcum PaDecember 30, 2016
Working at Keystone Mercy was nice. The staff and bosses were respectful to one another. The day would consist of taking calls from members of the plan and assisting them with whatever they needed. It could become stressful because some members were sad and your heart would go out to them and others would be irate and you would have to remain calm and in the process try your best to calm them down in order to whatever they needed accomplished.
Pros
free pretzels and free sodas enjoyable parties given for staff for their hardwork during heatwaves
stressful
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2016
A typical day was a high call volume constantly.

The hardest part of job talking to angry consumer due to claim not received or denied and/or not paid correctly. High stress job

The most enjoyable part was working with a great group of people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lunch break not paid for and not enough time
Great Benefits
Accounts Receivable Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2016
This company has great values. They do a lot for communities and their members. It's the employees that I'm not so sure they really care about, which is sad.
Vairied vendors which utilitized my previous knowledge and experience
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2015
I had the opportunity to develop and executed purchase orders for various types of printing supplies, computers, consultant services and office supplies for 3 locations. While there, I Managed the Purchasing Card Program, including development of new policies and procedures
Maintained PeopleSoft vendor file integrity, input and vendor investigation. I was able to increase minority spending dollars, while allowing more minority vendors to bid on products.
I also created and implemented systems to improve efficiency/cost effectiveness of procuring office supplies, including negotiation of a firm contract for a fixed 55% discount from the office supply vendor.
Pros
Vairied vendors which utilitized my previous experience.
I was able to develop....
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 24, 2015
I was able to develop strong analytical best practices with the help of my supporting supervisor. He gave me the flexibility to attempt different methods and approaches to solutions while providing the necessary feedback to make me a better programmer.
Pros
Work environment
great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaJuly 28, 2015
work life balance is great
they value their employees
they are very community oriented
they take time to teach you about other departments and thier functionality
Member Service Representative- I miss those days!
MEMBER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE/ LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2015
Each day I met my stats in a fast paced, call center environment. Before leaving Member Services, I had become successful in handling escalated calls, provided training, and headed up the Member Dissatisfaction Project; which due to hard work and proof that this project should be come a position, the Company agreed. Thus, I became a Grievance Associate.

I miss my days with Member Services; however, I still visit frequently and assist the Reps in any way I can.
Pros
Helping people, Management allowing me to be a vital part of decision making
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Good Company to work & grow
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2015
I learned KMHP's process in a training that was a wonderful experience for me. My co-workers were helpful when I got on the floor. The gardest part of teh job was keeping up with the daily production requirements. I appreciate working at KMHP as it has prepared me for moving forward in my career.
same review as amerihealth caritas
Provider Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
this review will be the same as amerihealth caritas. The name used to be keystone mercy health plan. However it was more family oriented when it was keystone mercy health plan
Great Experience
Supervisor/Provider Claims Services Unit (Former Employee) –  Phila paNovember 14, 2014
Customer Service is key at this organization and I loved it!
Productive work place
CLAIMS TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2014
Processing claims, customer service. I learned a lot about management and there was always room to grow withing the company. The hardest part was keeping up with the payments of claims on time.
Pros
promotion opportunity
Cons
short breaks
i loved this type of work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
process medical ,dental, and vision claims for payment. i learned medical terms and insurance benefits. management was fair and helpful. co-workers were good. hardest part of job was talking to irate customers. the most enjoying part was solving problems
Pros
learning
Cons
irate customers
intership
Intern for Bright Start and Shift Care Departments (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2014
The internship was very beneficial in helping me to find a full time job.
Productivity was not great, for staff
Provider Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMarch 28, 2014
Training was not at all very good. No classes were given for staff to attend. Very busy day
It was a pleasure to work with so many different individuals
Executive Assistant, Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Enjoy breakfast at your desk. All computer applications were trained on campus. My co-workers were the best people to work with and enjoyed being with them on a daily basis,
Excellent place to work
Claims Examiner I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work would be to input over 200 claims a day in the system. I have learned how to do that with no stress and enjoy it. My co-workers were team players and were a pleasure to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I would input over my quota.
Pros
Location ws convenient
A nice place to work.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2013
The reason I left KMHP is because the company was supposedly moving to Conshohocken and I did not want to make such a long commute each day. As it turned out, the company did not relocate.
Disappointed with department
Provider Claim Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2013
Company audits were extreme and very demanding. There were 4 Audits that had to be 98% and adherence audit was very unreasonable and damaging to my health.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keystone Mercy Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

Keystone Mercy Health Plan Reviews by Location