Employer was DCP Midstream
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) – Denver, CO – May 15, 2016
A great place to work. The people were great, and my duties were great. Improved my skills in Excel and wire payments.
• Responsible for Vendor Wire Payments such as, our phone services, auto rentals, insurances, 401k plans, income taxes, temp agencies, office equipment, freight companies, legal services, etc.
• Received Payment Request Forms in Excel format via Email daily, from various department in our company.
• The payment request form was fill out with Vendor Name, Vendor ID, Vendor Bank Account information, and Coded with the GL Business Unit, Account Code, Cost Category Code, Process Code, Ship To Code and Resource Code. Each request had from one to hundreds of detail lines.
• I would transfer all the data from the request form onto an Excel Upload Template. Each Vendor payment was put on their own specific Template. Payment request such as the Verizon and AT&T have hundreds of detail lines that PivotTables needed to be used.
• Once all the data was transferred onto the Templates then an Upload Process was done, to submit into our system to be routed to an approver and then sent to the Payment Request Department where it is paid according to the terms or payment date.
• Also a copy of the request form, the invoice and any backup sent on the emails for the request was also upload into a site called DART, which also attached to the Vendors wire payment upload in the system.
• Later in the day, needed to check each upload to see that it did successfully uploaded into the system.
If any error in the codes were made, they needed to be researched and corrected.
Free Breakfast burritos on Wed's.