Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia Employee Reviews

Interesting and challenging place to work
Production Control (Former Employee), West Point, GAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Insensitive and arrogant management
KIA is a fast paced and challenging working environment and you must hit the ground running. My job in Production Control required constant attention, monitoring and knowledge of auto parts and line supply. Also, prompt communication with management and line personnel is required to ensure adequate supply is on hand. It is very interesting to watch the development of the product from start to finish, and great teamwork is very important. Management is excellent in some areas but insensitive in others. Human respect and acknowledgement needs improvement. I had very good relationships with my co-workers, and it was neccessary that we looked out for each other, we had to work together. The hardest part of my job of Production Control would be the uncertainty of parts delivery which could ultimately shut down the assembly line. There was constant pressure beyond my control at times. The most enjoyable part of my job of Production Control would have to be working with very good people and working as a team to keep each other up and meet our goals each day. I got to move around almost every department and witness the making of the product from start to finish.
Challenging Culture/ Great Benefits
Current Employee- Salaried (Current Employee), West Point, GAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Many perks- free lunches, generous time off
Cons: Culture clash with Korean culture
Working at Kia has been a learning experience. The job is not incredibly difficult, but adjusting to the Korean culture is not easy. I see division between the American staff and the Korean staff. If you can adjust to the cultural differences then Kia is a great place to work, if not then it is not enjoyable,
Awesome
Recruiter (Former Employee), West Point, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, free tickets
Benefits are great and the people are too. I was 7am-4pm so i loved my schedule. Although i do hear complaints about the rotating shifts but that's just a part of manufacturing. Compensation is amazing and the work load is balanced.
General assembly
Production Team Member (Former Employee), West Point, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: cafeteria on site.
A typical day consist of meeting standards of the my process on the vehicle every 55 seconds. If the assembly line ever does stop then our job would be to clean and straighten the area. Very great people and benefits at the company.
Money was great, people were great, swing shift not great
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), West Point, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: money, benefits, bonuses, people, empowering environment
Cons: language barrier, swing shift, weekend work, swing shift.........and uh...swing shift
Kia was an overall good place to work for me. The money and benefits were excellent. The language barrier among management was sometimes very challenging as its effects trickled down the ladder to all the little people. I enjoyed working with and getting to know the team members on the floor who dedicated long hard hours to building fine vehicles. The straw that broke the camel's back was working swing shift rotation with young children at home. Most people will tell you there is not much home life if you work at Kia, but it is possible to find a balance if you really really really enjoy your job.
Life at Kia
Assembly Associate (Current Employee), West Point, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: the pay is decent
Cons: short breaks, rotating shifts once a month, the hiring process from temp to permenant takes too long, temps get no benefits
I live over an hour away from the plant, the work is fairly easy, the pay is decent, you can never get adjusted to the shift you are on because it is never permanent, you rotate to a different shift every month so family life is not so good. The hardest part about the job is deciding to stay away from your family.
The worst place to work!!
team member (Current Employee), team memberAugust 5, 2014
This is absolutely NOT a good place to work!
Unless you are a part of the buddy system you will NOT advance! It doesnt matter how much experience, education, or how qualified you are! The money is decent once you've been there a while but you work 6 days a week and your home life is very un balanced. You are suppose to get 2 ten minute breaks but you dont! along with a short lunch break! The management treats you terrible and most are not qualified to even be in those positions. and once you top out, they try to get rid of you bc its cheaper for them to hire a temp to do the same work!
Productive and structured work environment
Quality Control - Test & Track (Former Employee), West Point, GAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great people, good pay
Cons: rotating shifts
Working for Kia I made a lot of good friends. The job itself was very structured and numbers driven. I learned a lot about manufacturing . From working with high dollar equipment, training, and organization. The hardest part of the job was the frequency of the rotating shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of great people.
A great place to work and gain experience!
Production Technician (Current Employee), West Point, GAJune 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, paid vacations, free to enter a "month drive award" drawing to drive any kia vehicle for a month
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day at work is succeeding everyday objectives.
What I learned at work is customer satisfaction is guarantee. Quality is a priority in the automotive business. The management is very productive in their work. They help us reach our everyday goal and that is to complete 500 vehicles a day and ship them across america.My co-workers are friendly, motivated, and dedicated to work as a team. They're always there for me when times get hard and stressful. The hardest part of the job is replacing DC Tools. The DC tool is a direct current tool ran by a server. Once it is shut down, the assembly line stops, which decreases quality.The most enjoyable part of the job is the events they set up for families such as a carnival, the KIA tour around the plant, and sweepstakes to a getaway vacation. What a great place to work!
Productive workplace
Production Management (Current Employee), West Point, GAApril 7, 2014
Work together as one system, one team pulling in the same direction while always striving for continuous improvement.
Great company to work for
Production Team Member (Former Employee), West Point, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Treats employees great. Great pay and wonderful benefits.
the money was good
Production Team Member (Former Employee), West Point, GAJanuary 22, 2014
I worked there for two years and it was hard work but the money was worth it as long as you followed the rules.
If you'd like challenge, it will be a good chance
Sr. SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Former Employee), West Point, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Kia motors are rapidly growing company. It means many chances and challenges. people are nice but the management has a difficult time to balance with HQ and employees. If you want to get a chance, Kia motors will show it to you.
Kia is a good place to work
Production Team Member (Current Employee), West Point, GASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: benifets all the overtime you want
Cons: schedule and lack of advancement
Working on a assembly line is not exciting at all and you are stuck their for 2 hours at a time while people you are better than run around and talk to each other, and it is not for me
Universal Protection Services
SECURITY SERGEANT (Current Employee), West Point GeorgiaMay 12, 2013
After just getting out of the military, I took this job thinking it would have the structure and integrity that I'm used to. This is most definitely not the case. Although there are a good handful of us prior service out there, the rest are just whoever they can hire! While I have met some great people working with Universal, most of them are garbage. After being out here for quite a while now, I'm sure this is not the place for me.
Very stable but work/ home life unbalanced
Paint Group Leader (Current Employee), West Point, GAMay 5, 2013
Pros: health benefits, compensation, traveling
Cons: long hours, weekend work, rotating shifts, management
I do not recommend for families with young children due to long hours and weekend work. Rotating shifts in four week increments allow for unstable sleep patterns. But this company has stable employment and competitive compensation as well as great health benefits.
Good
Sr. Associate SAP FICO Functional Consultant (Current Employee), West Point, GANovember 30, 2012
Pros: learning chances
Cons: no stable work process
Growing company with lots of opportunities.
I've learned automotive business processes
Good network with co-workers