Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia Employee Reviews

Good pay and benefits
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 9, 2016
The pay and benefits is good. Management and Team Relations never consistent. Different rules for different people. Team relations always picks the easy way out in dealing with problems. Most of the managers are very unprofessional. Work environment isn't a Team environment It's usually an individual based one.
Kia Motors Co-op
Weld Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 4, 2016
I worked as an engineering co-op in the paint, weld, and assembly shops at Kia. I got to do some valuable projects, but the co-op program is not structured and you will encounter mentors and managers who do not have meaningful work for you. Overall it was a beneficial experience, but I have no particular desire to work there again.
Pros
Housing Stipend, Coworkers
Cons
Hours, hourly rate.
productive
General Assembly (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAOctober 30, 2016
Working on a line can be very challenging. Trying to keep up with the speed of line and repetive work sometimes can be difficult. The people I work with can make the job easier . Management is very laid back as long as you are doing your job.
Not a bad place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAOctober 16, 2016
If you make friends with the right managers you will advance quickly. That's basically it. Oh and be on time and work overtime when you can.
typical warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Point, GASeptember 27, 2016
Steady paced work environment. Not micromanaged, can work in peace and still be productive. Large amount of employees so you'll meet a lot of new people
Pros
fast paced
Cons
long shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 20, 2016
Great and fun working there. Fun people and good environment. Enjoyed going to work. I worked a lot of overtime and had a great check
Easy Pay with Terrible Mangement
General Assembly (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 17, 2016
The job is steady but stressful, will dominate your time but the pay and benefits are very good, The problem is the supervisors and management that do not care about employee.
Great fast pace work place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 3, 2015
Good income to build a family. but not the best work hours.very different people and ethic groups. you may get to travel but the pay is the best and the bonus.
Pros
Bonus!!!! are a +++
Cons
GREAT healthcare!!!
Young company on the way up
Quality Control - Vehicle Improvement (Current Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 1, 2015
Young company with learning curve to figure out. Lots of opportunities to make a difference in a manufacturing environment. Plant won multiple awards for quality.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Very demanding, depending on where you are told to work.
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAOctober 22, 2015
Great benefits and some opportunities to move up. The shift changes can be very taxing and work can be demanding. Great way to start off though if you can take it.
Not A good work/life balance
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJune 13, 2015
This company does not care for its employees work/life balance. They pay very well and have great benefits. This company needs management training, and is in a depressed area of the state.
Interesting and challenging place to work
Production Control (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAMay 6, 2015
KIA is a fast paced and challenging working environment and you must hit the ground running. My job in Production Control required constant attention, monitoring and knowledge of auto parts and line supply. Also, prompt communication with management and line personnel is required to ensure adequate supply is on hand. It is very interesting to watch the development of the product from start to finish, and great teamwork is very important. Management is excellent in some areas but insensitive in others. Human respect and acknowledgement needs improvement. I had very good relationships with my co-workers, and it was neccessary that we looked out for each other, we had to work together. The hardest part of my job of Production Control would be the uncertainty of parts delivery which could ultimately shut down the assembly line. There was constant pressure beyond my control at times. The most enjoyable part of my job of Production Control would have to be working with very good people and working as a team to keep each other up and meet our goals each day. I got to move around almost every department and witness the making of the product from start to finish.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Insensitive and arrogant management
Challenging Culture/ Great Benefits
Current Employee- Salaried (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAApril 5, 2015
Working at Kia has been a learning experience. The job is not incredibly difficult, but adjusting to the Korean culture is not easy. I see division between the American staff and the Korean staff. If you can adjust to the cultural differences then Kia is a great place to work, if not then it is not enjoyable,
Pros
Many perks- free lunches, generous time off
Cons
Culture clash with Korean culture
Awesome
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Benefits are great and the people are too. I was 7am-4pm so i loved my schedule. Although i do hear complaints about the rotating shifts but that's just a part of manufacturing. Compensation is amazing and the work load is balanced.
Pros
pay, benefits, free tickets
General assembly
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day consist of meeting standards of the my process on the vehicle every 55 seconds. If the assembly line ever does stop then our job would be to clean and straighten the area. Very great people and benefits at the company.
Pros
Cafeteria on site.
Money was great, people were great, swing shift not great
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Kia was an overall good place to work for me. The money and benefits were excellent. The language barrier among management was sometimes very challenging as its effects trickled down the ladder to all the little people. I enjoyed working with and getting to know the team members on the floor who dedicated long hard hours to building fine vehicles. The straw that broke the camel's back was working swing shift rotation with young children at home. Most people will tell you there is not much home life if you work at Kia, but it is possible to find a balance if you really really really enjoy your job.
Pros
Money, benefits, bonuses, people, empowering environment
Cons
Language barrier, swing shift, weekend work, swing shift.........and uh...swing shift
Life at Kia
Assembly Associate (Current Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 18, 2014
I live over an hour away from the plant, the work is fairly easy, the pay is decent, you can never get adjusted to the shift you are on because it is never permanent, you rotate to a different shift every month so family life is not so good. The hardest part about the job is deciding to stay away from your family.
Pros
the pay is decent
Cons
short breaks, rotating shifts once a month, the hiring process from temp to permenant takes too long, temps get no benefits
The worst place to work!!
team member (Current Employee) –  team memberAugust 5, 2014
This is absolutely NOT a good place to work!
Unless you are a part of the buddy system you will NOT advance! It doesnt matter how much experience, education, or how qualified you are! The money is decent once you've been there a while but you work 6 days a week and your home life is very un balanced. You are suppose to get 2 ten minute breaks but you dont! along with a short lunch break! The management treats you terrible and most are not qualified to even be in those positions. and once you top out, they try to get rid of you bc its cheaper for them to hire a temp to do the same work!
Productive and structured work environment
Quality Control - Test & Track (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJune 22, 2014
Working for Kia I made a lot of good friends. The job itself was very structured and numbers driven. I learned a lot about manufacturing . From working with high dollar equipment, training, and organization. The hardest part of the job was the frequency of the rotating shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of great people.
Pros
Great people, good pay
Cons
Rotating shifts
A great place to work and gain experience!
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAJune 14, 2014
A typical day at work is succeeding everyday objectives.
What I learned at work is customer satisfaction is guarantee. Quality is a priority in the automotive business. The management is very productive in their work. They help us reach our everyday goal and that is to complete 500 vehicles a day and ship them across america.My co-workers are friendly, motivated, and dedicated to work as a team. They're always there for me when times get hard and stressful. The hardest part of the job is replacing DC Tools. The DC tool is a direct current tool ran by a server. Once it is shut down, the assembly line stops, which decreases quality.The most enjoyable part of the job is the events they set up for families such as a carnival, the KIA tour around the plant, and sweepstakes to a getaway vacation. What a great place to work!
Pros
Great benefits, paid vacations, free to enter a "Month Drive Award" drawing to drive any KIA vehicle for a month
Cons
Short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3