KIA Motors Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you do get screwed over
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2016
The people that came to buy cars was never the problem with this place. The problem was the management and the employees that was working there at the time. Most of them other then one person always tried to rip off the costumer and the employees did drugs. I would not want to work at this place again.
Excellent work place to be.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 24, 2016
8 hour shifts was heavenly. The workers there put me on everything possible I needed to know. Job pays excellent and its very hands on.
Good atosphere
Special Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 12, 2016
People are great, very nice genuine, very helpful and caring. If you do need help, they will set aside what they are doing and help you. Its like anything else, you work hard, you get recognized for it.
Pros
Make great money if you invest your time in it
Cons
be ready to work very long hours pretty much every single day.
Friendly Porters and fast paced car care.
Vehicle Porter (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 8, 2016
Washed 5-20 cars per day.
Transported 1-5 people per day back and forth home or to a store while waiting for car repairs.
Made coffee every morning and set up the porter bay for the day.
Took out all trash and cleaned dealership inside and out.
Moved multiple cars hourly around the dealership.
Picked up parts from other dealers, possible far drives, +1-2 drive each way.
Pros
free lunch on saturday, got to enjoy the beautiful summer weather
Cons
having to bundle up when it is cold out
Really good company to work for
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 1, 2016
Typical work day is the same thing everyday, you learn a lot of new skill sets when you get there. Management is OKAY not the best or the worst. Most of the Co-workers are cool as long as you don't get caught up in the drama. The hardest part of the Job is rotating shifts. This is really the best job if you don't have a family or single, but if you do have a family, they will suffer the most. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you finished your 8 hours or more and your walking out the door. The job really would get 5 star if they ever went straight shift.
Pros
Good pay - 24-25/hr, Really good benefits, Bonuses
Cons
(Rotating shifts) -is one of the worst things you can do for your health, too many managers, Team relations is NOT in the best interest of team members, team relations sides with management 100% of the time
Cool place to work!
Stamping Operator (Current Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 29, 2016
I report all inventory to management , inspect metal for deflects. Inspect all forklift for safety. Supply welding shop with raw goods in a timely manner. Working with management when problems occur.
Hard work but very productive
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 28, 2016
Hard work but very productive. Good team work. Real benefits. Good planning. You work 12 hours or more. Nice environment
Benefits
Cons
You have work very hard
nothing
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSJune 22, 2016
good please to work.. love the management on a good day. alot of traffic customers love the store. that all i have to say about shawnee mission kia.
It's a job that provides a $1400 check every other Tuesday but that's all you should expect.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAJune 14, 2016
Go in every day with the mind set that you're there for a check. That's it! That's my philosophy every day
It's gotten me thus far. Stay away from politics and people that complain. Document any incidents you may encounter with team members, group leaders, and managers (time, date, witness)
Pros
24-25/hr, Great maintenence school program, $1000 gross quarterly bonuses $2800 gross Christmas bonus
Cons
Rotating shifts, too many managers, Team relations is NOT in the best interest of team members, team relations sides with management 100% of the time
creative atmosphere
Digital Sculptor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2016
Great place to work fast paced co workers are friendly designers are excellent very easy going environment i would recommend others to apply here
Great workplace with volleyball match at day end.
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 28, 2016
It was a great experience to work in such nice workplace. all the team member were nice and ready to help you if you stuck somewhere.

management staff was also good. over all it was very nice experience to work there.
Very Productive and fun place to grow as a successful person
Material Handler/Installer (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed my co-workers and management. Everyday was a exciting day at KIA Motors simply because of the friendly and professional environment.
Productive work place
Assembly (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 25, 2016
My typical day was amazing, Great people to work with. Fair, Great pay although you really have to work it. its a amazing job, the hardest part is having to push the line to fill it up when a machine has been down. The most enjoying part of the job was the overtime and seeing the car really put together. its amazing and very fun, a great way to build work experience.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Valuable experience
CEO Administrative assistance at KIA (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, CUNJanuary 28, 2016
Working in an automotive company is quite different, my work there was basically as a professional beginner and I am so thankful they gave the opportunity to work with them.

I learn a lot specially from the CEO of KIA, he always pushed me to always give more by giving me tasks as professional and not only as an assistant (like accounts, and reports about the cars in the whole country) besides the regulars as event planning, and agenda planner.
Very Productive
Sealer Deck Paint Department (Former Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 3, 2015
I learned how to work under a whole lot of pressure.The hardest job I have ever had.I enjoyed my co-workers and we had a great team. The management were cool and very friendly.I think the most enjoyable part of the job was getting those bonus checks every quarter.
Pros
Free lunches, bonus checks, and a clean environment
Cons
Short breaks and worked at a very fast pace.
I was a bit hard but very interesting work.
OJT (Former Employee) –  Manila, AROctober 27, 2015
I work at a car company for my first OJT after my second year in college which also a requirement by our University. My work there is basically a helper on the mechanics working in the cars in which I learned basic troubleshooting on car related problems, the use of different equipment dealing with car repair and some engine overhaul,brake check and oil change.
Difficult work and work environment.
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAAugust 26, 2015
Difficult work environment and poor work-life balance. Rotating shifts were very difficult on me physically. Floor supervision typically very poor.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Productive environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAAugust 6, 2015
It was a great stable fast paced environment where you can grow as an employee and as a person. The was has taught me how to be a team player which helped me along way.
acceptable work environment
Detail Manager (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJuly 5, 2015
this company has taught me management skills and the daily workings of a vehicle care center the management are friendly stern but fair and expect productivity and haste when cleaning and careing for vehicles and company machinery. my co workers are well mannered and productive individuals while being friendly and welcomeing to new hires. the hardest part of the job is detailing vehicles in the sun without shade in the florida weather but the most enjoyable part of this job is the interaction with people and the vehicles that we care for
Pros
free car washes
Cons
short breaks, high employee turnover
Great pay and benefits
Quality Control Inspector/Roamer (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAMay 26, 2015
Hardest part of the job is the rotating shifts every four weeks. The body never has a chance to get used to a shift. Great pay and great benefits. The best part of the job is the pay and bonuses. Work around some good people.
Pros
Pay and bonuses
Cons
Rotating shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KIA Motors. Our community is ready to answer.