KIA Motors

KIA Motors Employer Reviews

Great Paying Job
Test Operator (Former Employee), West Point, GAMay 15, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: long hours, no days off, rotate
This job is great because of the money , but besides that you barely have days off and they punish you for sick days if you're on temp.
Hard worker
General Assembly (Former Employee), West Point, GAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: money is great if permanant
Cons: working with the temp service is 18mos to get hired permanent
It was great job it just you will have to work 18mos to get hired on permanent and that's not always the case it may be longer.
enjoying my job along with my co workers
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), West Point, GAOctober 8, 2013
I work inside of cars in the paint department. And I have learned to do my job successfully. The management is great and my co workers are fun to be around. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the heat inside of the cars. And the most enjoyable part of my job is conversing with my co workers while getting the job done successfully.
No future if you're not a politician
Specialist (Current Employee), West Point, GASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: company benefits, good people overall
Cons: managers and assistant managers only interested in their careers
Very good company with great benefits. Company upper management tries to do the right thing.

Poor middle management more interested in personal empire building than the success of the team. Can't move up unless you're a member of the Mercedes Mafia (where most management came from).

Lots of politics in Specialist, Assistant Manager and Manager levels – more... throughout the organization. – less
productive
General Assembler (Former Employee), West Point, GAMarch 18, 2013
a typical day at work was great, i learned to keep a steady speed, management was great we were all like one big family,the hardest part of the job was when the line was moving fast.
over worked and no type of job security
Driver (Current Employee), West Point, GAFebruary 3, 2013
Cons: hiring on in 90 days is not true
on a scale 1 to 10 i rate them a 3 they will tell you that you get hire on in 90 days but it people that have been working there for 2 years and still have been hired on. and they make you work 7 days a week 10 to 12 hour and people have kids and life but they want all your time.
terrible place to work
production team members (Current Employee), west point gaSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks no weekends off rotating shifts
This is the worst place i have ever worked. I been at kia motors for 2 and half years and would not recommend this job to anyone if you want to see your family and have a life. The management treats its employees bad. The hours are terrible.
KMMG was a great and fun place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee), WestPoint, GaSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: your coworkers becomes your family
Cons: swing shift
KMMG was one of the most rewarding job i ever had, i get to travelled to Asia on multiple occasions and i love the people i used to work with. I learned a great deal about work ethics and paying attention to details. the hardest part of the job was having to work seven day a week on certain occasion, but the pay checks was never disappointing. it was – more... always a joy whenever i see finished product that i started working on from scratch. – less
Productive and very fun place to work with onsite gym and personal trainer
Business Systems -Call Center Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: many employee/family activities, gym and personal trainer
Cons: high stress for management
This is a great place to work. The company values their employees on a very high level and provides many employee activities, gym, and most of all a great working environment. The employee culture is almost family like. Everyone I met and worked directly or indirectly with was always friendly and willing to help to get the job done. I was given the – more... opportunity to lear the Korean culture to better understand the company roots, Korean employees and visitors. – less
Very productive plant but alot of unfairness and abuse of power
Quality Control (Former Employee), West Point, GeorgiaAugust 1, 2012
Certain supervisor show racial behavior toward there employees. Alot of favortism going on and not a fairjob opportuinities there. The Human Resource group are more concern with the well being of the company than what is truly going on within the plant and it's workers. It really needs to be investigated for there racial acts and unfairness toward the – more... black works. – less
Kia has change to move up
quailty (Current Employee), GAJuly 29, 2012
Pros: they have great benfits.
Cons: rotateing the 3 shitfs every 4 weeks.
Will at work we inspect car after they have been built. I have learned how to look at auto's and tell when something is not wright. The group leader is very heipfull and when I have a problem they help with it. The people I work with are fun to be with we aork as a team. We all help eachother. I enjoy my job because I see have A auto is built and get – more... to drive them. The people I work with make it a fun and easy day at work. I also like it because I am home every night with my wife, were as I was away for a week at a time. – less
Same job advertised over and over
Paralegal (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 29, 2012
There is a paralegal job that has been advertised over and over and over again since July 2011. It has been filled at least one time and I'm guessing has been filled 2-3 times in less than a year. What does that tell you?
A day at the car plant.
Production Group Leader (Current Employee), West Point,Ga.May 22, 2012
Make quality vehicles for the consumer. There are always go be problem with machinery. Management keeps operations running smoothly. The people around me provide works to meet production. The rotating shift takes away from family. The bonus program is great.
Good place to work. But long term future is unknown
Team Leader (Current Employee), West Point, GAMay 4, 2012
Good pay. Great benefits at low prices. Lots of overtime. Good people to work with.
Hard-driven, Long hours
2nd Shift Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), West Point, La Grange Area (South Ga.)March 13, 2012
Pros: long hours = better pay checks
Cons: 12 hour days, 1 hr from home, high gas prices
Supervised 18 employess in a "just in time", "just in sequence" environment. Demanding. If someone was out, down time was emmiment at $300.00 per minute. Threat of losing my job daily. Very Demanding - and yet very rewarding to maintain my job.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Lima, LIMSeptember 5, 2014
CAR HOME, WORK COORDINATION, MONITORING AND CONTROL OF QUALITY, DELIVERY OF COMPLETED WORKS, CONTACT WITH CLIENTS
Sales Manager (Former Employee), bucharestApril 26, 2014
organized and responsible, creative sales and good management with great results !
Productive and very helpful. Very Customer orientedmers
Executive Service Support (Current Employee), FijiApril 16, 2014
Pros: flexi
Cons: long hours
Usually the day starts with customers and ends with customers. During my term, I have learned to be more customer focused and ensuring that their needs are met as not all the customers are aware of how car works. All it matters to them is sit in the car and the car should be able to take them to their destination.
My co-workers have been very cooperative – more... and its like a family however there is very less contact with higher management as they believe that the service should run their department. The best part of the job is ensuring that the customers leave the garage with a smile. – less
productive and fun at workplace
Parts Division as SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), KuwaitMarch 20, 2014
Attend and deal customer to their satisfaction.
To be patient, attentive, alert, active at all time.
Able to manage risk and make sound decisions.
To work within a team in a safe and stimulating environment.
To convince and satisfy the customers.
After making the customers happy.
productive
Regional Manager (Current Employee), PortshepstoneJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, golf day
Cons: long hours
Being part of management your job is never easy since all decisions come from you.Day starts of with customers and ends with customers,be problematic or just a service.Than you have to over see staff make sure work is being done at a rapid yet professional rate.The hardest part of my job is convincing a customer to pay for something.the best part of – more... my job is to see a smile on a satisfied customers face. – less

1 2 3