Kiawah Island Golf Resort Employee Reviews

Kiawah
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johns Island, SCJanuary 7, 2018
They really see the ability to grow and expand on what you wanna learn. They make sure you get your hours and move you around to learn more. Kiawah is great place to work
Pros
Help built you up as a person
Cons
Sloe season you get low hours
A day in paradise
In Room Dining Server/TSA (Current Employee) –  Johns Island, SCDecember 27, 2017
A typical day of working at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort is like working at paradise.There are so many different activities and events to go to and see around the hotel and just knowing that I'm apart of an establishment that guest say couldn't have had a more perfect name being The Sanctuary is amazing.Working with so many different people and cultures there isn't a night I leave work without a story. Being apart of a five star resort there is a certain standard that has to be followed. I know how to handle myself in a professional manner and speak with the correct verbiage when doing so. Food service especially I learned what wines paired well with what food, how to set a table, how to seat and serve someone and how to give a guest a five star experience. The hardest part of my job is my schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is the beautiful location and being able to put a smile on guests' faces.
Fun and exciting
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johns Island, SCDecember 20, 2017
I love the location, I do many things at my job, but it is fast paced and always something different. Management is nice and the culture is fun and tight-nit.
A facility that helps to facilitate improvement in culinary skills.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 19, 2017
working at this facility has improved my skills as a chef by exposing me to a wider array of menus (for example southern style cooking) as well as a different work culture. As such i am better able to adjust to working in different surroundings, which has helped with my interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was not getting the products needed to prepare a meal according to menu. the best part of the job was preparing for large functions and seeing the end results.
Great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCOctober 29, 2017
Nice benefit. Beautiful place to work and vacation. The restaurants are very nice and the culture is very focused on guest service. I would work there again.
Alright but nothing to brag about
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2017
The name Kiawah has some meaning behind it...but they don't really do what they should to uphold that name. Lots of very dated equipment and facilities and very seasonal.
not fun
Golf Cart Attendant/ Golf Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCOctober 27, 2017
was no fun at work boss was a geek so didn't understand how to work and have fun.. I didn't really like it there he made thing weird by how he acted and talked to people
Pros
discounted luch
Cons
guest fees
Fun and like the discount tennis lessons
Overnight Agent (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCOctober 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the high class guests. culture was comical at times but manly taking ownership of your position to make guests feel like they are number one in a crowd of a million.
Pros
Discounts on tennis lesson, rounds of golf, hotel rooms and health benefits
Cons
The typical foolishness of every job.
great place better people you worked with
Kitchen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCOctober 5, 2017
if i did not relocate to go to school i would still be there. great environment great people to work with. everyone willing to help each other. and learning different things every day
Pros
environment
Cons
gets very busy
KIGR was great
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCAugust 28, 2017
left KIGR due to relocation. KIGR offer great benefits and company perks. I would strongly recommend KIGR to anyone seeking employment in the Charleston, South Carolina area.
Kiawah Is the BEST
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCJuly 18, 2017
Kiawah Island Golf Resort is the best resort in the country, and I don't mean that half-hearted. They treat their employees right, give unbelievable benefits, and employees constantly have the chance to move into new roles if they are open to do so, hard-working, and want advancement. Only Con - the drive to the Island.
Best Benefits were the golf courses
Retail Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCJune 8, 2017
I worked with younger employees who did not have the same strong work ethic as myself so the balance of the workload was very one-sided. Management did not seem too concerned with this imbalance. I was on my feet all day long and sometimes I would have to work a 12 hour day.
The best benefit for me was the opportunity to play the great golf courses on the island.
I had to deal with the public every day and the workday could be quite stressful during the busy seasons.
The pay was not sufficient for someone seeking a full-time job.
Pros
Golf courses
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment at certain times of the year, financial compensation was not acceptable to me
very beautiful
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SC 29455May 10, 2017
The island is beautiful but the drive is long. The positions pay well but you will have to tolerate and work for it. A full-time job that can be a very great working opportunity.
security is a joke
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCMay 1, 2017
no advancement horrible bosses poor pay no compensation for the cost to work there. Senior security drink on the job assistant director MAC lies to employees and cover ups crimes from management. Agent Green is a senior security professional drinks hunts and fishes on the job also will use company property for personal errands. Worst place to work unless you live nearby even then I would look else where. no pay bumps after 90 day director lies to new employees don't expect raises or training or time off night shift gets treated like dirt will not help you out with anything personnel if you need time for family they will threaten your job..
Pros
free lunch on nights cheap golf
Cons
bennefits managment training lack of leadership/ coveups
Stressful work environment
Pastry Intern (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCJanuary 16, 2017
The pastry department is a tense place. No one talks, everyone is on edge and rude. The expectations are unreasonable and there is little taught to the interns to help them in their work. Strenuous work hours (10+/day) without breaks. A general lack of feeling successful or like your work is ever good enough for the head and sous pastry chefs. The other branches of the company seem to have a less stressful work environment.
Good company
Supervisor & Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCJanuary 7, 2017
Kiawah is a great place that truly takes care of it's employees and treats them like family.
I have learned a lot there and I was able to get out of my comfort zone and see a different side of the hospitality industry.
Fast paced work environment
Bike Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCDecember 20, 2016
Typically, this is a fast paced and fun environment to work. The job does provide plentiful opportunity to move anywhere horizontally, but very few vertically. The Benefits packages offered are second to none. The hardest part of the job would be the long summer days; these are also the most enjoyable to me.
Pros
Fun, fast paced work environment
Cons
Weak compensation, very little time to spend with family
Fun place to work.
Guest Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCNovember 2, 2016
My co-workers make work enjoyable. Definitely room for advancement. Typical 8 hour day with overtime if you want it.Hardest part of the job are dealing with the few unhappy guests you get.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Pay could be better
Atlantic Room Review
Cook 1 Intern (Former Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCSeptember 25, 2016
It was a high paced high end kitchen that serviced two full restaurants. I worked 45-50 hours a week at the grade manger and saute stations and worked private functions that were held on site.
Pros
great chefs
Cons
low staff at times
Great
Bag Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kiawah Island, SCDecember 25, 2015
Fun place to work. Low pay but good benefits. Great environment to work in. Easy to move up or move to different departments.