KICHLER LIGHTING Employee Reviews in United States

I like what i was doing
High Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Coming and stocking areas and repelinsh nad making sure the things need to be pick for orders was there. How to work fast and steaded and try to not make a mistake . They was a good team to work under and was happy to be working with them. I love my coworker here. we had fun doing what we was doing and i like how we got the job done. Nothing really was hard about the job cause we knew what we had to do. Knowing that we got the orders that our customer had order from us and it was ship on time for them.
Pros
That they congrandlate us on a good job we are doing.
Cons
na
Productive and Fun work environment
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 11, 2015
Great people to work around with. Typical Monday thru Friday, seven to four shifts. Occasional overtime. Opportunities to learn every position within the warehouse.
Pros
monday- friday 7-4 shift
Cons
very little room for advancement
great place to work
Product Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioAugust 18, 2015
great place to work. started as a HR Clerk and later accepted a position as a Product Management Coordinator and it has been working out very well for me i'm learning about the business and the industry.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Very Unstructured
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2015
Build and maintain a computer network with capabilities of sharing information or keeping it confidential for all employees throughout the building
Attend to all employee needs and concerns regarding the network
Train employees in network operations to avoid miscommunication
Troubleshoot issues with the network in order to make it run more efficiently and to avoid future problems
Perform beneficial network updates whenever available
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack of upward mobility
Enjoyable work
(Mgr.) Scott (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 21, 2015
Kichler is a very comfortable atmosphere and retirement desirable possibilitiesat this company.was fiar and concerned about their employees. I did find the turnover from temp to hire process a bit lengthy however.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 27, 2015
Terrible company, easy job! they just don't care about the balance between work and personal life. You have no vacation time you only earn .77 hours a pay it took 3 months to get 1.5 vacation days, you have no flexibility to come in early and to leave early. there is no sick time you get 1 sick day every 3 months. They set you up for failure, if you were to every get on notice due to lack of sick.personal vacation time that notice never falls off it just stays there and add on. So you never get a chance to start over. The managers there don't know how to speak to you in a personal manner. They micro manage all day long. The job is easy and fun to do while they have some work to do in order to be considered a good company to work for. Your short term disability is based on how long you have worked there they don't care if you need to have surgery and Dr says you will need 6-8 weeks they will only give you what they want to which in my case would have been 1-2 weeks
Pros
black friday off no weekends
Cons
no vacation personal or flexibity with work schdule
Very nice and friendly co-workers
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHJune 16, 2014
Very pleasant work place, clean, very professional co-workers,
I enjoying for Kichler
Job not hard at all
the end of my work day
Pros
flexiable time
Cons
not making enough money
Overall enjoyable workplace
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAApril 22, 2014
Extremely repetitive, team work is a must, management was fair, co-workers were extremely helpful and became much like family, hardest part of the job was deadlines - but always ended with efficiency, most enjoyable part of the job is the environment.
Pros
occasional catered lunches, gift cards after each quarter.
Cons
short lunches, and the long commute each day.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 10, 2014
Riding a cherry picker and picking orders.Management is great.
I worked in receiving unloading light fixtures
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 10, 2013
Unloaded containers of light fixtures and put on skids by part numbers and shrink wrapped.
Pros
the hourly wage was good.
Cons
really hard work
Wonderful company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2012
A wide variety of co-workers that work well as a team. The Team Leaders work right along with the team. Constant change with new products but they give all around training.
Great people and working conditions
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Union,NJMay 31, 2012
Typical work consist of loading / unloading trucks when arrived. Select products from pull sheet.
I learned to value ones opinion and be a team player.
At the time I think we had a very good team.
The warehouse we worked had no A/C
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no a/c
Stable well known company
Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OhioNovember 14, 2011
Excellent working conditions, excellent training programs, stable company. Outsourced to China.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
outsourced to china