KICKAPOO LUCKY EAGLE CASINO Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, fast pace, great job
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 15, 2017
the pay is great, plenty of people to work with, great benefits, only down side is it gets packed and smoke filled environment, varies from slow days to fast pace nights, must be able to work under a lot of pressure and maintain friendly customer service, i loved working here, can always transfer to different departments and shifts
Pros
cheap lunch, great pay, great benefits
Cons
smoke filled environment
Politics
Executive Sous Chef/ Acting Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 25, 2017
This place could be great. There is pros and cons about HR and the group that leads them. One day you could have a job but if you do one thing they don't agree with you will be out. politics
Pros
The fuest
Cons
Watch what you say! Keep quite whether it works what your plans are someone will just step on you.
Cool environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXMarch 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at the casino. Management is pretty great as well as the people I worked with. The only thing I was ever upset with was not being able to work overtime after some time.
Pros
Buffet in breakroom
Cons
no overtime
Avoid Security Department
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXMarch 14, 2017
There is no room to grow;
Don't apply to security if you're planning on transferring to another department. You'd have to quit and wait 45 days to be able to apply back.
They will not work with your schedule if you have kids, schedule rotates every 4 weeks.

There is strong favoritism in that department.
Financially a great job
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Working for the casino is great financially but they seem to lack loyalty and give their employees any sense of security, their is favoritism through out the departments.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Management makes it clear that you are expendable
needs and wants
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 15, 2016
the pay at the casino is ok for someone who maybe single or is in a relationship with no kids but for someone who is married with kids and a house payment they don't seem to care about. the casino needs to pay more because that is the reason as to way the have so many people leaving and going back and so on. they cant keep their employees simply because of the pay. they make so much money that only the people with higher level positions are doing ok.
friendly,clean, and outgoing enviornment
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me was prepping the restaurant with my co-workers, getting everything nice and shiny for when our customers would come in to enjoy a phenomenal meal. After our guests would enjoy their meal I would proceed to clean the tables and replace silverware and linens.
Pros
opportunity to move up to mangment postions
Cons
Na
Very Awesome place to work at
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXFebruary 25, 2016
they work with your schedule And always find a way to help you with your needs very great managers in that work place would work for them again
great experience
Manager Gregorio Garza (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 2, 2015
It was my first job, I took seriously, never miss a day, never called in sick, always on time, my manager help me to achieve my goals, my co-workers always treated me very professional, I learned a lot, the value of being part of a company, to me a piece of it and represent it.
Pros
know more people, professional references.
Cons
short breaks, Ac, smoking area
secured casino premises
security officer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 23, 2015
as you begin your shift you got to logging with dispatch get your radio since you enter the casino you check for abnormal traffics. once at dispatch while you get your equipment you ask for any incidents happen. i learned to keep my eyes open my ears ready and keep your points of view to yourself. sign language and security ten codes are commonly used when incidents happen.
book keeping keep your notes at all times and logged everything before advised dispatch. smile to my coworker and talk because in this way communication helps us been aware of problems. the hardest part of the job is to escort a customer out and the other to banned him from casino premises. the best part of my job for me to used security language
Pros
informal technology
Cons
entry level
Fun and active place to work if you don't mind the smoke.
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXDecember 8, 2014
Fast pace working environment. During a work day several incident or injuries would occur with customer or employee which had to been attended and a report had to be done. Various situations going on which maintained me occupied. Management was always looking at different ways to improve the department. My co-worker and I were very team orientated which made it a very fun place to work. The most enjoyable part of that job was when I was helping some one in need and doing reports. The hardest part of that job for me was the second hand smoke that would fill the building up and the loud noise going on at all times.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Second hand smoke and the loud sound.
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXSeptember 22, 2014
I really enjoyed working there, and they had great benefits.
Good experince
EGD FLOOR ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXFebruary 17, 2014
To ensure the guest satisfaction and to assist in fulfilling objectives and goals within the EGD (Electronic Gaming Device) Department. Perform functions in accordance with laws and gaming regulations and procedures. Answer guest concerns and questions and have information in upcoming promotions and effectively communicate them with guests. To provide excellent guest service to hospitable and friendly to all casino guests and fellow employees. Responsible for covering assigned casino floor sections complete jackpot pay outs and process cancelled credits, short pays, and malfunctions. Provide maintenance to the gaming machines clear all errors and make sure there working properly.
Pros
Great heath benefits
Fun and exciting place to work and meeting all kinds of people
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 21, 2013
A typical day of work at the casino is the hours are short and take your time to complete your assignements. but its not a learning job. and my co-work I get along with them and helping each other out to complete job assignement. and there nothing hard about the job at the casino just standing for 8 hrs is the hardest part of the job
Pros
Free drinks and free ice cream
Cons
short break
Its a good productive place and opportunities.
COOK/FLOOR ATTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 13, 2013
A typical day is to prep food do inventory and invoices. I learned how to cook be more responsible and a little supervisor experience. My management was good and positive. My co-workers were helpful and hard workers the hardest part of the job was on holidays and on the rush. The best of the work is that there was opportunities to go up and transfer.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
equal breaks
Is fun and great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 3, 2013
Everyday is a difrent day, the co-worker there are great work work with them. The most hard day is tha graveyard shift, because for the drop machine. the most enjoy part of the job ie the promotion, because I work overtime.
Pros
i don't know
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work, awesome, dedicated employees
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TexasAugust 23, 2012
Appreciate team effort of the leadership team. Dedication of all team members and their willingness to learn. Casino is growing and we are able to promote from within.
Pros
general manager is intelligent, hard working and appreciative of executive team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KICKAPOO LUCKY EAGLE CASINO. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2