Kid to Kid

Kid to Kid Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2014
I was promoted to Assistant manager fairly quickly - I had previous experience in a consignment based job. However, after being promoted, the majority of the work load was placed on my shoulders. The store manager never worked a weekend, one of our busiest times, and it got to the point where I was putting in more hours and effort than she was. I told the owner about it, and requested to move stores. My request was accepted, but when I moved stores, I lost my Assistant Manager title, and my pay raise. This seemed ridiculous to me, especially since the second store didn't have an Assistant Manager at all! The owner is clueless on how to run this business - the majority of the stress is placed on the people who actually cared about this store!
Fast Paced and pleasant place to work
Sales Associate/ Buyer (Former Employee), Hulen Street Forth WorthFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: very close to home. very busy location and we got bonus pay. loved the staff
Cons: few breaks and you could not leave for lunch
I performed customer service duties in general. I greeted customers and provided them with personal customer service throughout their shopping experience. I maintained a positive and motovated atmosphere at work. I hired and trained new employees. I met monthly goals. I was responsible for daily cash handling and banking as well as several daily and monthly reports. I oversaw the purchasing of high end children's clothing.
Fun place to work but management has issues.
Daytime Supervisor (Former Employee), Lehi, UTJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: cute clothes galore, great customers
Cons: owner/management is a nightmare
Fun to work with customers but this job can be very past paced. It is also pretty physical as you are on your feet constantly and a lot of lifting is required.
The owner/manager rarely made herself present but when she did it was like walking on eggshells, no one knew who she was upset at as she brought a lot of toxicity and negativity to the work environment. A lot of high school drama with the fellow employees which included the owner/manager as well which is why I quit the job. So if you are older and more mature for these types of things I would avoid it altogether.
Simple, get work done, and go home
Stockroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Buford, GAOctober 9, 2013
Very simple. Previous work experience allowed me greater position in company. Looking for more.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyable childrens resale atmosphere. Flexible scheduling and family oriented.
Treandy work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cumming, GAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: getting to see new propuct everyday and working with the customers.
Cons: short breaks and not so good management
A typical day at work, is helping customers with their needs and wants, and buying in new products. I have learned how to close the store for the day. Management at this job likes to pick favorites, with I do not like. Everyone should be treated equal. My co-workers are awesome. We get along, and enjoy working together. The hardest part about my job is having to deal with the unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping out the customers and meeting new people.
Strongly recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 25, 2013
This was the best place I have ever worked at and I strongly recommend working with this company. In the time I spent working here I learned more than I ever could imagine and the skills I will take away will benefit me forever. If you get a chance to work with this great group of people then don't hesitate and take every moment as a learning experience.
Fun and Welcoming Environment
Lead Sales Associate and Buyer (Former Employee), McKinney, TXFebruary 21, 2013
I loved working at Kid to Kid. I was promoted in a short time to be a buyer, which was the person in charge after the manager. Every shift I worked I would go through customers clothes or equipment items and decided what our store would and wouldn't take and then I'd decide how much to price them at. I would also deal with the customer service aspects of the job when the manager was not on site. The management was fantastic; they were so welcoming and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my fun team and working with children's equipment. The hardest part of my job was trying to explain to customers why we could not take their items.
Overall it was an ok comapany to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee), Holliday, UtahSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: it was a fun environment.
Cons: my paycheck bounced in my bank account.
A typical day for me would be to make sure store is clean, to process our inventory, and hadle cash, and deal directly with customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTSeptember 14, 2012
Lots of different jobs there. Learned a lot of really neat things and enjoyed my time there.
Busy personable work place
Sales associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling, dress code
Cons: only part-time, not many benefits
It was very unpredictable, you never knew what you would walk into. I learned many things my time there. My fellow co-workers were pretty nice and easy to get to know for the most part. My bosses were pretty great and flexible with time off. This wasn't an easy job there is always something to do. I enjoyed meeting new people and developing a rapport with them.

Kid to Kid Salaries