Kid to Kid Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable but hard work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 4, 2016
I was responsible for all operations of the store, including hiring, training, scheduling, buying inventory, cash register management, building customer relations, inventory management and COG regulations.

The best part of the job was the building and sustaining customer and vendor relations. I would ensure that all customer/vendor experiences were pleasant. I didn't want anyone leaving the store feeling like they didn't win something.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the owner. We had different visions for the business.
Pros
Getting to build successful relationships with customers/vendors
Cons
Feeling held back by management
Great Customers and Staff, But Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CummingOctober 9, 2015
Unfortunately even the wonderful employees can't make a job function the way that it could when management is terrible. They tell you one thing during the interview, and then once you're hired they threw you to the wolves. Your hours and time-off requests are subjected to whether you're part of their "team". You may be great in one area, but once you've gotten to the buying status don't think about leaving that computer your entire shift. Don't even ask to close - it'll take you at minimum 1.5hrs after the store closes to leave.

Having a people pleasing personality and an amazing ability to multitask while not being easily overwhelmed is a MUST! You are constantly on the go with very little down time, and only one break for lunch. Advancement is easily obtained; however, get EVERYTHING in writing. Also, this is a minimum wage retail job, so don't expect to work with people with have much experience. I'd not suggest it for people with families because don't even think about changing your schedule to accommodate your families needs.

Good luck!
Pros
Great employees and awesome customers; for the most part
Cons
Two-faced Management, not family friendly, and constantly on the go
Nice Place Overall.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day was sorting, hanging up, and folding clothes. I would go through clothes and pre-sort the items for the buyer. Costumers and co-workers were friendly and polite. Management was OK. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with customers. Hardest part was telling them when their clothes were not OK to purchase from them.
Perfect if you are straight out of high school or in college
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 8, 2016
This job is really great for anyone who is going through a transistion in their life. They are very flexible with scheduling as long as you do it in advance, especially students and moms. Mostly woman work there so at times it can be challanging with different personalities. I will say when it comes to moving up the highest you can go is store manager and with all the responsibilites your better off looking forward to life after this job. It is typical retail, but when you buy peoples items it can be hard to deal with customers. I felt like I learned a lot about the resale business and I feel like I met a lot of cool people along the way. You are mostly scheduled as part-time but when events and busy season come around they are willing to give more hours if you need them. But only management is given full-time hours. When I worked a shift that was short staffed unrealistic expectations were set on what we needed to do and I found that a lot dealing with the owner, she was not realistic about her staff and made people do things crunch time.THERE WAS TERRIBLE COMMUNICATIONS WHEN IT COME TO OWNER, MANAGEMENT, AND STAFF. On a Sunday we had a staff meeting and we had to stay until bins got hung that were suppose to be done earlier in the week. I would say this job is great for high school students, college students, moms looking for a part time work. I was in school at the time and I left once I found something better. Also pay was okay started at 7.45 you can get up to 10 but 10 is for managers.
Pros
meeting cool people, someimes free lunches, employee discount good if you have kids
Cons
little to no breaks, working long nights, busy season there are scheduling issues, owner can be difficult to deal with
Terrible place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2014
I was promoted to Assistant manager fairly quickly - I had previous experience in a consignment based job. However, after being promoted, the majority of the work load was placed on my shoulders. The store manager never worked a weekend, one of our busiest times, and it got to the point where I was putting in more hours and effort than she was. I told the owner about it, and requested to move stores. My request was accepted, but when I moved stores, I lost my Assistant Manager title, and my pay raise. This seemed ridiculous to me, especially since the second store didn't have an Assistant Manager at all! The owner is clueless on how to run this business - the majority of the stress is placed on the people who actually cared about this store!
Poor Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJanuary 28, 2016
Co-workers constantly demeaning each other behind backs. Long work hours, short lunch for which you are rarely allowed to leave the premises for. Employees talking badly to and about customers.
Fast Paced
Merchandising and Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  NCOctober 11, 2015
Definitely a fast paced environment which I love and there is always something to do. Able to work independently or with a team. The group typically becomes more of a family than just coworkers. Their motto is fantastic and truly cares about the customers. Definitely gave me a business insight and even throughout the different states the company really pulls together for another team or store.
Pros
Pay, Flexibility, Caring, Family, Customers
Cons
Kids destroy the place
Retail
Customer Service Assistant/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 21, 2015
It was fun environment. It was cool until the new managers took over then it went down hill from their. You never seen the owners and the assistant manager raned the store she was the reason it was still running.
Great Place to get Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 18, 2015
Truly enjoyed working here. Great place to gain retail experience. Fast paced environment. This is a consignment shop, so at times customers were not satisfied with their monetary offers. Great place to practice customer service skills.
Fun and Welcoming Environment
Lead Sales Associate and Buyer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 21, 2013
I loved working at Kid to Kid. I was promoted in a short time to be a buyer, which was the person in charge after the manager. Every shift I worked I would go through customers clothes or equipment items and decided what our store would and wouldn't take and then I'd decide how much to price them at. I would also deal with the customer service aspects of the job when the manager was not on site. The management was fantastic; they were so welcoming and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my fun team and working with children's equipment. The hardest part of my job was trying to explain to customers why we could not take their items.
Liked being around the customers and the kids
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  CockeysvilleApril 7, 2015
I liked being around the people and my co-workers but some of the management team didnt like working as part of a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the new people.
Fun place to work but management has issues.
Daytime Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJanuary 6, 2014
Fun to work with customers but this job can be very past paced. It is also pretty physical as you are on your feet constantly and a lot of lifting is required.
The owner/manager rarely made herself present but when she did it was like walking on eggshells, no one knew who she was upset at as she brought a lot of toxicity and negativity to the work environment. A lot of high school drama with the fellow employees which included the owner/manager as well which is why I quit the job. So if you are older and more mature for these types of things I would avoid it altogether.
Pros
cute clothes galore, great customers
Cons
owner/management is a nightmare
Personal and Friendly Company to Work For
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAJuly 8, 2015
I worked for this company for about 9 months. The owner was always very kind and easy going, the orientation/training was thorough, yet easy. I was paid above minimum wage, although there was little room for advancement at the retail level. The other employees hired were generally upstanding and well mannered, customer friendly people who could usually be depended on to do their jobs without complaint. All duties were simple and straight forward, if not repetitive sometimes. The work atmosphere is fun and friendly, within a store always filled with families of young children and their parents. There is a close bond between the customers and the store employees, who will often know many of their customers by name. Most (often all) employees are female, causing male workers to sometimes be the "odd man out"; however, there is no discrimination amongst supervisors and employees. Stores are often small, usually having less than 20 employees, with between three and five on duty on an average day. Being around pleasant coworkers and happy families all day creates a uniquely enjoyable, fresh, and satisfying work environment that doesn't get old quickly, although there is a TV in the corner that plays Disney movies for the children over and over all day, so expect to learn the script for every Disney movie ever made by heart after a year or so.
Pros
Above Average Pay, Clean and Happy Work Enviroment, Pleasant Supervisors and Coworkers, Plenty of Work Hours Available
Cons
Little Room for Advancement at Retail Level, Listening to Disney Movies All Day, Occasionally Repetitive Duties
Treandy work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 26, 2013
A typical day at work, is helping customers with their needs and wants, and buying in new products. I have learned how to close the store for the day. Management at this job likes to pick favorites, with I do not like. Everyone should be treated equal. My co-workers are awesome. We get along, and enjoy working together. The hardest part about my job is having to deal with the unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping out the customers and meeting new people.
Pros
getting to see new propuct everyday and working with the customers.
Cons
short breaks and not so good management
Busy personable work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2012
It was very unpredictable, you never knew what you would walk into. I learned many things my time there. My fellow co-workers were pretty nice and easy to get to know for the most part. My bosses were pretty great and flexible with time off. This wasn't an easy job there is always something to do. I enjoyed meeting new people and developing a rapport with them.
Pros
flexible scheduling, dress code
Cons
only part-time, not many benefits
Fast Paced and pleasant place to work
Sales Associate/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hulen Street Forth WorthFebruary 5, 2014
I performed customer service duties in general. I greeted customers and provided them with personal customer service throughout their shopping experience. I maintained a positive and motovated atmosphere at work. I hired and trained new employees. I met monthly goals. I was responsible for daily cash handling and banking as well as several daily and monthly reports. I oversaw the purchasing of high end children's clothing.
Pros
very close to home. very busy location and we got bonus pay. loved the staff
Cons
few breaks and you could not leave for lunch
Strongly recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2013
This was the best place I have ever worked at and I strongly recommend working with this company. In the time I spent working here I learned more than I ever could imagine and the skills I will take away will benefit me forever. If you get a chance to work with this great group of people then don't hesitate and take every moment as a learning experience.
Simple, get work done, and go home
Stockroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 9, 2013
Very simple. Previous work experience allowed me greater position in company. Looking for more.
Overall it was an ok comapany to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holliday, UtahSeptember 30, 2012
A typical day for me would be to make sure store is clean, to process our inventory, and hadle cash, and deal directly with customers.
Pros
it was a fun environment.
Cons
my paycheck bounced in my bank account.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Enjoyable childrens resale atmosphere. Flexible scheduling and family oriented.

2.8