Kid to Kid Employee Reviews

Kid to kid is a place owned by very bad management
Sales Associate and floor attendant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 22, 2017
Kid to kid is a place needs to be managed by better people as they have treated me bad and inhumanity unlimited at that store
Unfair paid .. worked very hard with no respect or appreciation.. I got to scream at all the time
Fun environment
Cashier/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 13, 2017
Super fun place to work. There is an area for kids to play while parents shop, with toys and a Disney movie playing. A super cute mini door for the kiddos to walk into the store. Some of my best friendships were formed while working there.
Pros
Fun, friendly atmosphere.
Cons
If you weren't already baby hungry, you will be!
Fun and productive work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the all the customers and learning new things everyday.While working there I've learned how to handle and find a solution to different problems.
Great workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 25, 2017
Great place to work. they have lots of product and a play area for your children while you shop. Friendly staff and always there to help. The management is very nice and always there to help out with any family events or needed time off.
Pros
employee discount
ugh
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 19, 2017
starting out kid to kid was great loved the work day and atmosphere. slowly realized the management sucked and so did the employees. they have MAJOR attitude problems. The manager has threatened several times to take money out of our checks. since ive worked there she has fired 4 new people bc she is impatient and wont work with them ( thank god i have previous experience).
Cons
only 1 10 minute break allowed
Fun with kids
We went a whole month of just sales beyond sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2017
We buy and sell used kids clothing shoes and equipment items. I was a buyer and a sales associate. I loved all my costumers and the people I worked with. I never was told that I was rude or bad, I was always friendly because I loved working with moms. I loved to help out families in need.
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 31, 2017
The owner is extremely nice, and overall amazing she is very involved in the day to day work.The hardest part of the job is standing for a long time, just wear comfy supportive shoes. The workplace culture is familial, and generally jovial.
Stressful work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 25, 2017
Fast Paced, Long Hours, Standing, Twisting, Turning, Bending, Lifting, Sorting, Tagging, Ringing, Cleaning, Organizing, Customer Service, Operating Tills
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Poor Ownership
A consignment store for children
welcome costumers / organize (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMay 15, 2017
Kid to Kid is very fast pace and the management was not very nice and supportive there. However, the other co-workers became some of my really good friends.
Horrible Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 4, 2017
Kid to Kid was one of the worst places I've ever worked in my life. I was a clothes hanger and organizer so all i did for 8 hours is stand in the back and hang clothes up and accidentally burn myself with the steamer and/or accidentally stab myself in the finger with the tagger. It just wasn't a good job for me.
Fun and outgoing place to work
Buyer/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 1, 2017
Everyone was generally nice and the job was pretty easy. Saturdays are the most busy, and sometimes the customers can get out of hand. Management was generally pretty good, but sometimes they were rude and selfish. There was an incident were a family member was dying of cancer, and when I asked for a day off to spend time with them, I was denied. I told them I would take the day off anyway, and I got written up for "abandoning coworkers." It was ridiculous. But other than that... I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Nice people, easy job
Cons
No beneifts, only for managers on salary
Fast paced retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Retail sales has its challenges. I was able to meet and exceed company expectations. Retail customers can be a challenge, especially in clothing. Returns are never easy but I had to make sure the company policies were followed and satisfy the customer.
Low pay, Nice coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2017
I gained a lot of new skills when working at Kid to Kid. I learned how to operate a register, interact with customers, and how the functions of a store typically operate.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Low pay
not the best
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYDecember 31, 2016
didn't get many hours, if called in, got wrote up, even if you haed a doctors note. coworkers thought they ran the show, to many "managers" not very organized.
Great business to work for!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 5, 2016
- Great store that provided second hand children's items
- Loved all my co workers. Staff was always very friendly
- Great way for customers to sell their children's outgrown items and make some extra cash or use their money to buy new clothes for their children
Pros
Great discount!!!
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2016
Kid to Kid is an enjoyable place to work if you love kids. A typical day includes restocking the shelves with clothes, toys, Etc. I learned many valuable things about resale stores. Management was very kind and supportive. My co-workers were also very helpful and nice. Hardest part of the job was making sure that the clothes were put back in the right size area and shelf. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see all the amazing clothes, toys, strollers, and other kid essentials that were brought in.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
No benefits
Always busy
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 30, 2016
going through baby clothes and itiems all day.
There are different types of equipment for different ages.
Management is not very nice. They don't really treat you very well or like how they should.They talk down to you and if you don't fit for their style you get ignored.
Co-Workers aren't very friendly. They act friendly to customers but not to other co-workers.
There really isn't anything hard about this job it's the easirst you'll find.
Knowing that they are willing to work with kids at home.
Pros
the discount on used itiems
Cons
not getting a pay raise .
Fun at worst but then I started to hate it
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 17, 2016
This job seem fun at first! But afterawhile I hate it. They make it seem good at first. It was drama , you were doing things you didn't kno you had to do. I had to do storage which is carry bins from the back room into a truck then go to storage which was 20 minutes away and move all the bins into the storage room with NO PAY! It's a unfair company and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It was 100 degrees outside but they don't care. If you're not a mom, I don't recommend you to work here. Seems like they only care about moms.
Pros
Snacks, cool employees
Cons
Short breaks, overwhelming, unfairness
Very productive and high paced workplace
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Make sure to accept the correct items to resale. I learned that if you accept better quality and higher brand items will change the shopping racks dollar amount movement. Management is great and always willing help. The hardest part of my job is to make sure that our costumers understand why were not able to buy their items. Co-workers are very friendly and productive. The most enjoyable part of Kid to Kid is to see our costumers satisfy and see how much they saved when they sell to us by receiving in-store credit or cash on the spot.
Pros
Family discounts, flexible hours and fun environment
Cons
healthcare
Worst place I've ever worked
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 7, 2016
This is without doubt the worst place I've ever worked; management is completely unimspiring. It's amazing that this company has stayed in business for as long as it has. Its longevity is a testament to the company's persistent exploitation of its workers.