Kiddie Academy Employee Reviews

Great job, terrible management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 24, 2016
I worked here for a while and loved my job working with the kids but it was a daily struggle trying to keep up with the awful management team. They are rude, unprofessional, and do not respect employees at all.
managment is not very professional
Assist teacher (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJSeptember 21, 2016
I do not recommend this workplace. Parents are often nice and respecting of teachers. However management is not very professional at all. they are very much all about themselves.
teacher
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  roy, utahAugust 31, 2016
horrible workplace, horrible owners. awesome co workers, just not good owners at all they are all about getting every penny from there clients.
Don't bother!!
Nothing (Former Employee) –  nothingAugust 30, 2016
Not a professional place! The center director of kiddie academy from Watchug Square set up an interview with me at her convince place and time and never showed up, I was nice and gave her the benefit and emailed her again! To this day Im still waiting for her to respond! Not very professional for someone that works with children..
Cons
Un-Professional
loved the children and teachers but owners were cheap and rude.
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 29, 2016
I loved going to work everyday to see the children and really get on the floor and play, with the toys and supplies they have at the school the children don't learn anything (what does "Academy" mean?). So, so sad for the parents .Owners have no ECE at all and it shows.
Management is to hard to deal with.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 26, 2016
It's great working with the children, but the most difficult of them all is the manager. She has absolutely no patience and cannot communicate with parents nor the employees and talks down to them. Co-workers are great. Biggest problem is the manager. Not a very nice person and has her favorites. I do not recommend anyone to work or bring your child to this daycare center
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Managers attitude, communication and favoritism
Substitute teacher
Teacher assistant/ Substitute (Former Employee) –  Brightwaters, NYAugust 21, 2016
Filled in for a teacher when she left for the day. I was left alone with five babies.

I learned that management was very flexible.

My coworkers and I worked as a team to accomplish a goal.

The hardest part of the job was being alone with 4 babies.
Pros
off on the weekends
Very happy to be a part of this facility
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYAugust 17, 2016
Kiddie Academy was a great facility to be a part of during my internship segment of my schooling. Very clean and staff was great with all the children.
Caring and understanding
Toddler Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYAugust 10, 2016
Pleasurable place to work with wonderful staff members. Communication is an on going process. Would benefit more economical increases and paid work shops
Pros
wonderful support staff
Cons
communication with upper management and salary
A fun place to work and grow
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work was helping the teacher get the room set up for the day and taking care of the children and talking to the parents and other co workers.

Learned how to become a better person.

Co workers were good at their jobs and always willing to help each other out

Hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the kids once they moved on up to the next grade

Most enjoyable part was getting to know the kids and parents and co workers
Pros
Meeting new people and friends
Cons
was very fun and i love working with kids
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 1, 2016
It was awesome working there because i love kids and teaching them something new everyday. even when i worked there i learned something new. the co workers were great and easy to work with.
Great place to work in but not a great salary.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 27, 2016
Overall this job was good working with the kids was great. However was too long of a transit for me to get t and from work. Do not give a lot of holidays off so that wasn't great.
Pros
Parents are great, coworkers are friendly
Cons
No healthcare, long for raise in salary
fun workplace with great people to work for
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 23, 2016
most enjoyable part of the job was making great relationships with the staff and families. Owners are very hands on and apart of the day to day running of the center. Good company overall to work for.
Super Fun!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 7, 2016
I love my job! Everyday is a dance party, or a picnic, or a wild adventure outside. There are always things to do and the kids are amazing. Such a positive work environment.
Great work place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IL 60440June 6, 2016
I loved working with the family store. Such a great environment to be around and most importantly the beauty products. I enjoy.
Great teachers
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 4, 2016
Great teachers at Kiddie Academy, and the parents are lovely. They truly care about their children's educational experience, and love that the teachers are not just babysitters.
Owner not easy to work for could be considered toxic manager
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 28, 2016
moved to different rooms often no consistency for some teachers. No benefits, low pay, higher than normal staff turnover. Enjoyed the children and patents.
Pros
work with children
Cons
No Benefits. Low Pay
Terrible management/money hungry
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 26, 2016
I have worked in child care before and this place is terrible. I can see how the company can be great but management has to be willing to make changes. Where I worked they kept enrolling children knowing there was no room.. The children did not get enough food. The food that was served was cheap frozen foods and food out of a can. There was not too much prepared. Children did not get enough milk. Milk is saved from pitchers everyday and those pitchers were lucky to be cleaned every Friday (if she felt like cleaning them) food gets reserved, food and milk sits out hours before served.
In some classes there could be kids ranging from 2-5 in the same class all day. Ratios are always out of wack. Management does not like to spend money on even toys to be put in the rooms. Management does not care for their employees.
Parents pay a materials fee every year of $100. When I worked there... We didn't see any of that money come into our room. This place could be great, but with current management it will continue to have a very very high turn over rate and parents are starting to notice things are not running right!
Pros
Loved children and parents
Cons
Most everything, pay, attitude from management, talked down to
Great experience
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 12, 2016
I like how small and close the day care is. I learned about each age group and improved my problem solving skills. I got to know the parents and children.
Love every minute at this school.
Pre-School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me being responsible for a group of children, ages vary. I was responsible for their safety as well as providing them with new material and learning new curriculum. The best part about my job is seeing how much the children light up when they learn something new and can repeat it back to you. Such a great feeling knowing that I helped them achieve that goal. The hardest part about my job would have to be watching the ones who do not catch on so quickly and having to evaluate them as having some sort of learning disability or a delay.

2.8