Kids Discovery Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 7, 2017
Kids discovery is a very rewarding company to work for. It is very rewarding to be able to see how well the children are improving every single day. Ive learned so much by working there, and have landed quite a few babysitting jobs aswell.
Pros
vacation time, great pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
limited off time, rarely can you take a sick day
it was a bit boring
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 29, 2017
Even though sometimes it was boring, I learnt a lot, how to do billing and more. the manager was very helpful too with the much knowledge and experience we had.
Ok place to work.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ft Walton Bch, FLDecember 7, 2014
I worked at Kids Discovery off and on since August of 2002. At first, it was an awesome place to work, with a great reputation in town. As the years went on, it became more challenging to create lesson plans that could be fulfilled the way they were written, since denials of needed materials was ongoing.
fun place to work with good mangers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 23, 2014
my work place is a good environment to learn different subject. I always enjoy going to work everyday and working with my co-workers they are alot of fun to be around which make my day fulfilling.
Pros
lunches meeting firedrills
Cons
shorts break
Would not recommend working at this daycare.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLFebruary 15, 2014
This is a great daycare to take children however, being an employee is a different story. The management will change your hours by giving you a day's notice and the pay is not adequate enough for the stress that you are constantly under.
Fun Place to work
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 15, 2013
This was my first job at a daycare,it was part time after school.
fun and exciting daily work place with growing memories
Administrative Assistant / VPK Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2013
A typical day of teaching involved insuring a fun daily rouotine in which the children could grow and learn their basic needs for kindergarden.

Atypical day as administravtive was to insure the teachers, parents, and management staff had daily material to be sucseful.
This place has no feelings for anything or anyone except, money!
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 9, 2013
I was hired full time, as a bus driver and substitute teacher for all rooms Infant through school age.
One of the managers constantly followed me, or watched while she was smoking a cigarette or something other than her work. Then my son was enrolled, so they were caught talking about me in the hallway by a parent, and the other manager was mean to my son, having him clean up after other students, and go to stations she knew he would not enjoy. Then my hours were cut, because I was in the bathroom, and the manager came to bang on the door, to ask what I was doing and to tell me to hurry up. She wanted another employee to go home, so I had to hurry to take her place, so instead of her taking over until I finished in the bathroom, she banged and yelled in the hallway. I said, 'Can't a person go to the bathroom", so my hours were cut to 5 hours 2 days a week. I am a single mom, who had to take my children to the shelter, I started to get on track, but now, we are looking at the shelter again.
Pros
The children are all beautiful, they make you smile
Cons
Management loves drama!
Work
Preschool Teachers Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 2, 2013
I work with infants
I feed them, change them, comfort them when crying or upset.
I also assist them and write down observations on the new things that they are doing and learning
Pros
its Monday Thru Friday
Cons
doesnt pay well