Kids II Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good place to start career, great culture
Inventory Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2017
Awesome place to work and have fun at work. Also if you are looking to start a career and learn about the business, this company is perfect. Not much room for growth.
Pros
Fun company sponsored activities
Cons
Pay and job growth
Dysfunctional management breeds culture of fear
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
High turnover. Spray and pray strategy that is always up in the air. Talk more about culture rather than fostering it.
Pros
Good people in the trenches
Cons
Horrible management that feels everyone is replaceable.
Micro management Resistance to get thing done from CEO
Consumer Consultant, Kids II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2015
The work place at Kids II was fun initially; however there was not a clear career path set within the Company structure or departmental. The co-workers were great within my department. The hardest part of the job was getting management to listen to the concerns and issues of the consumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to completely resolve a consumer's issue without negative feedback from management.
Pros
Outing
Cons
Micro managers
Fun
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAApril 16, 2015
Great- Its very fast paced environment. I really enjoy the culture and people, but many are under paid. I am responsible for the designer schedule at Kids II. Requestors submit a job and I create the timeline/task list to make sure it gets done. I would have loved the opportunity to actually project manage, but its impossible with an environment that wants everything to be an "A" project. I am looking for a place to practice what I have been certified in and to grow to be a better provider as a single mom to my family.
Great people, not a good fit.
National Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2014
Long days, great colleagues. Not the sales roll that I signed up for, mostly operations which I do not mind, but I like sales as well.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Understaffed over worked and no appreciation. Don't waste your time with this company. It's a big revolving door.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
No appreciation
This is a good Company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GaAugust 7, 2014
I also had a great experience with this Company. Everyone was always willing to help.
Look the other way
not listed (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJune 28, 2014
Company is good for someone with no work experience, get 1-2 yrs and leave for other opportunities. This isn't for a seasoned professional person, people are nice for the most part but no. no diversity either
Work as a temp here for eight weeks.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 6, 2014
Was a fun place to work. But it was only a temporary job and was quite a commute for me.
Energetic, Fast Growing Company
Associate Channel Marketing Manager - Intl (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
Culture driven company. Fast paced environment. Hardest part of working at this company is the high demand and expectations while trying to have a work life balance.
Fun, hands-on place to work
Fall and Spring Intern - Product Development (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2014
At Kids II I conquered a variety of tasks. These tasks ranged from developing bill of materials, updating the project management database, performing cost-benefit analysis on new and existing products, product prototyping, product design, concept ideation, and discussing manufacturing plans. As an intern all of my duties taught me a great deal as I have never directly been in an engineering environment. I believe my time at Kids II has allowed me to develop a strong understanding of product development and management while promoting my professional presence.
Pros
Great office, young workforce
A great place to work with wonderful amenities!!
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2013
My daily work schedule consisted of helping consumer via telephone or email with any trouble shooting/general questions regarding any of the companies’ products. During my time working at kids ii, I’ve learned a various amount of information regarding the creation/manufacturing/selling procedures for all toys/products sold. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful, as well as management. The hardest part of my job was not being able to assist every consumer who had an issue or problem I wasn't able to rectify, due to the guidelines of the warranty policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was obtaining great knowledge and building business relationships with great people.
Pros
Great working relationships built.
Cons
n/a
I would walk the other way
Peon Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAApril 12, 2013
I have worked for this company for some time. I am in middle management. The way some of the employees are treated are just unfair. If we stick our neck out for the people we employee our job is on the line as well. This company calls for passion and dedication. All the passionate people are turned away because they do not fit into the Good Ole Boys club.
Pros
the office decor is nice
Cons
all people are not treated fairly.
Not what it is cracked up to be!
Product Intergrity (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAApril 4, 2013
It is a good physical atmosphere. The décor will have you memorized. Try not to be fooled looks can be deceiving. I am a professional and I have worked with fortune 500 companies with less outward appearance but great to work in but with recent jobs being shipped overseas looking for work is what needs to be done.
Since I interviewed for a management position some of the questions and the things required to receive the position was unheard of. Going to a physiologist is one of the requirements scary. What kind of work will require will this company have me do that may drive the insanity out of me? I was offered a position. I had to decline.
Management seems a little phony. I am not sure what direction they want to go in. I do not think they should as people in an interview if I lived in a single parent home. What difference does that make? I think that question was the defining moment when I decided to take the job. I do not believe the company is as fair and fun as it puts out. I think the management team should get the foundation of this company in order before attempting to hire good and capable people
Pros
you may meet some good people
Cons
if you do not come from a particular background you will not make it
Fun Place to work! Great people, great teams. Constant Change.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2013
A growing and fast paced company.
There is no typical day at Kids II, things change frequently.
The people are great, friendly and positive.
Pros
fun event, fun teams
Cons
lack of strategy or direction that can lead to an unsustainable future.