Kids Quest, Inc. Employee Reviews

We're just getting started...
Marketing (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 3, 2016
“The most exciting thing about working for Kids Quest and Cyber Quest is you get paid to play and have fun. There's so much potential. We're a young company with a lot of great people and ideas. There's many opportunities to get hands-on experience, make an impact on the business and work with people who love what they do."
Pros
Get paid to play and have fun, Fun, smart people work here, great hands-on experience, work/life balance, flexible schedule
Cons
lower end of compensation scale, average benefits
It was a great place to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTOctober 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company itself. The people that work in the corporate offices were great. During the few years I was there we had a lot of changes in the management. I left do to the management. With so many changes and the new management they expected me to change my avaibility from what was agreed upon when I was hired. Unfortunately that wasn't an option for me at that time.
Pros
You can bring your child to work with you if needed for a small fee, working with children from all over, being paid to play
Cons
Management sucks
negitive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Delton, WIJanuary 22, 2017
I was under the impression that this was a daycare. with a different way of caring for the children. There is no education or propose to the environment other than supervision and that's a stretch.
Pros
adults present
Cons
everything else
Fun workplace
Kids Quest Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
Very clean and organized. It smelled so good there.they helped the customers when needed. The kids have so much fun there. There were plenty of games there to play
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and enjoyable work place
Lead Teammate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2016
One of the best job experience I ever had. The kids are fun to be around. My team always made me feel right at home and were always helpful and reliable.
Pros
Great place to let your inner child out
Cons
pay
Productive and Fun place to work
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 16, 2016
I learned allot while working with kids quest . I learned how to be patient and I learned how to throw parties. I enjoyed working for this company
Many different things to do for the children
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
Great company to work for. The training is amazing best training ive been through since i have been working
fun workplace
sitter (Former Employee) –  Kinder, LAJune 2, 2016
I really had a great learning experience. this company has taught me
how to be responsible, more respectful, and a leader.
Great job to hold for a short period of time and you're just starting out, not so much a career.
Teammate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2015
Weekends and weekdays are two incredibly different entities, in relation to how your work day will go. Weekdays can typically go rather slow, in that the highest amount of children you'll have will range from 10 to 15, and if your lucky maybe 20. Weekends, on the other hand, can range from a high of about 30 to 60 kids in the center. It tends to be much more hectic on the weekends, but it makes for enjoyable nights when you're at work engaging in all the various activities that we have available. The amount of money you make really doesn't compensate for the amount of work you do, it's a very hands on job. But, its also very rewarding getting to see the children grow up under your care knowing that you played a part in helping them get there.
Pros
Getting to interact with children, employee discounts
Cons
Compensation
Former Director at Mohegan Sun
Director (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTDecember 2, 2015
Was truly the most rewarding position. Taking care of children and growing a team was fantastic. Started as a supervisor and was promoted to Assistant Director and then to Director. The team was wonderful and working with the folks at corporate office was great.
Pros
Flexible hours, co-workers, advancement
No....just no.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 2, 2013
This place was hectic and ridiculous. I was promoted to management after 3 months of employment and stayed in that position for the remainder of the year I was there. The corporate office does not back their workers or their policies. Whatever the customer wants, even if it completely defies what a policy states, the customer will get. You'll have to deal with parents yelling at you about late fees that you are not supposed to take off. They'll go call corporate, and then corporate will yell at you for not taking it off. Even though you are told from day one of front desk training that you are, by no means as a teammate, allowed to take a late fee off. You are required to, at times, watch 20+ kids alone if there are only 2 people on clock. This place just has an entire list of cons I could name. It's awful to work here. I was miserable. Stay away at all costs!
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
The best part was the kids!
Cash Handler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 17, 2012
I absoultely loved spending my days and nights enteracting with the children as well as the parents of Kids Quest. However, the scheduling and managment was not the best. There were too many chiefs telling everyone what needed to be done but not enough indians. I was treated like a supervisor but did not get paid as one. The hardest part of the job was keeping all of managment happy at once. Like I said I enjoyed the children and getting to know the parents while checking them in and out.
Pros
free drinks, flexible hours, many breaks
Cons
no full-time offered which means no benefits
Fun, interactive workplace with organized chaos of managing and mentoring a group of 10, 11, and 12 year-olds
Senior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mount Sinai, NYMarch 11, 2012
assist in the development of daily and weekly scheduling of the campers’ activities
Leadership involves the day camp counselor's involvement in encouraging the development in campers of improved self image.
responsibilities such as assisting campers with lunch management and promoting manners during mealtimes.

communicates safety and health regulations to campers and ensures they understand them

involves cooperation and working as a team player
This is not Kids Quest associated with the casinos
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 23, 2014
This should not even be called a business. Management is horrible. They try to get underpaid and overworked employees to run the business. They expect too much work out of their employees without extra pay. I would work tons of overtime and they would try not to pay me for it. It is unorganized and does not abide by health department standards. They adjust time in the computer for employees so their hours are less than what they truly work. DO NOT work here. They are liars and thieves.
Working at daycares
Teammate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2013
Everything was pretty self explanatory with the work done. Mostly cleaning, taking care of kids, making sure customers are satisfied with the proper care given to their kids. The management was good at times mostly better with the director instead of supervisors. The hardest part was when most staffs were not doing what was suppose to be done and leaving it to others. Meeting new people was the best part getting to make friends and talk to customers.
Pros
discounts on retail and snacks
Cons
gossip
Dont work here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJuly 1, 2014
You are on call your only days off, with 30 min to arrive to work from the minute you get called in.
You either get no breaks or are on break for 6 of your 8 hour shift
benefits are only for full time employees, which no one except the director is considered one.
Boss does not take availability into consideration
high turnover rate
not the best working environment
teammate (Former Employee) –  Avi casino laughlin nevadaApril 19, 2013
I worked at the Kids Quest in Laughlin Nevada and was not treated well by the director or the other staff. One staff member in particular made it her job to harass me daily. I complained to the boss and nothing was done. I was recognized by the corporate office for providing excellent customer service and after that the director became unfriendly and downright rude to me. The other kids quests are way better to work for. oh yeah i was written up for taking too long to give a tour but the lady I gave a tour to was from another country and had many questions and didnt understand why parents would just leave their kids there. good job kids quest. The job itself was fun I loved the kids and it allowed me to be a kid agian. Hopefully they have a better staff of caregivers and they got rid of the girl with the snotty and harassive attitude.
Pros
job itself is fun
Cons
the staff at the laughlin location are rude and disrespectful.
fun workplace with games and food
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2013
working at kids quest i was able to play with kids all day and care for them while their parents went and had fun in the casino some days it was busy and stressful and some days it was slow and fun to be able to interact with the children. i learned the values of a job how to properly prepare safe and healthy food and how to properly santize and wash the toys games kitchen etc... i normally worked alone at this section of the job for the most part my coworkers were very quiet and to themselves
Pros
working with kids
Cons
not enough hours no room to grow not enough hourly pay
fun
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 4, 2014
A typical work day is you come in and pay with kids
management is awesome the boss is the sweetest person in the world
co workers was family
Pros
free soda
Productive and fun work place
Teammate (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTApril 28, 2015
There's a lot of running around to do with all of the children that the facility cares for. I've learned to work efficiently while taking on more than one task at a time. My co-workers are very hard workers and we all pull through together as a team. The hardest part of this job has been keeping up with all the kids! They love to run around and tire the staff out, all in good fun.
Pros
playing with the kids
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids Quest, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8