Kids R Kids Employee Reviews

fun, loving, and family oriented
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Greenville, MIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: the pay was low
I loved working at Kids R Kids. I hated leaving that job behind. I had to relocate to California to follow my spouse and his career in the United States Marine Corp. My coworkers/boss were more like a family.
an ok place to start this type of career
Assistant Teacher/Teacher (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: hour lunches. almost quaranteed requested days off
Cons: no health care, judgemental at times
learned to keep my mouth shut about certain things, management is pretty split with some co workers
keeping stress from getting to you is hard
keep your home life at home
the kids are the only thing that keeps me there anymore
Productive place to work
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GeorgaAugust 20, 2015
Pros: The students loving you
Cons: Working under a microscope
The girls I worked with were really fun to be around. We did have our ups and downs, but overall we enjoyed each other. The students were the top priority always and should be so. However, in saying that, there is no room for mistakes or what the center would consider mishaps. The Director of the center needs to be a little more flexible in their assumptions of a person performance.
Fun, Instructive, Invigorating
Caregiver (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Fun, Friendly, Loving, Enjoyable
Cons: More concerned about money than the safety of the children
This was an extremely fun and refreshing place to work. The children were well cared for and taught well. The only issue I had was that at times it seemed that the best interests of all the children were neglected to cater to the whims of one parent...perhaps because that parent made a lot of noise, or because she opened her wallet wide enough.
Unprofessional
Teacher (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 12, 2015
The management lets its employees set the rules. People call out all the time. Laws are constantly broken. staff give their own food and candy to the children. The staff is left with children over their limit.Harassment and threats are not taken seriously.
Productive and Friendly Enviroment
Teacher (Current Employee), League City, TXJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Understanding with Personal or Family Matters.
Cons: Consistency.
Fun workplace, caring and understanding, family owned, and supportive. Working with 2 yr. olds makes for a easy but challening day. Lots of positive energy and different personalities.
Highly Stressful environment at times, but the kids were the benefits
Report any suspect abuse to supervisor (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Nurturing children
Cons: stressful environment
It was always a busy day. The kids made it worth while. I am currently attending Liberty University to get my Masters in Human Services and I've decided that is not the direction I want to go in my career and my current employer has no opportunities in the direction I'd like to move into.
It's a wonderful experience if you have never worked with children
Head Chef (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: I am my own boss
Cons: No lunch break for me
This is a very challenging job, it helps you to understand how children react at different age levels. I love what I do here at Kids R Kids but advancing and moving up in the company is almost impossible. The management team are decent individuals they make sure the company is running as smoothly as possible. My co-workers truly love me and appreciate the job that I do not just for the company but for them as well, and the hardest part of my job is when a child is crying and we can't quite fix it.
KIDS R KIDS MILTON, DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Milton,GAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: EVERYTHING.
Do NOT work for Kids R Kids Milton! HORRIBLE management! They are fake, their communication with employees is AWFUL, and they lie so badly. You've been warned!
All daycare are not equal opportunity
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Clayton, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Children and free lunch
Cons: mistreatment of staff and bad communication
Kids R Kids in Clayton,NC was difficult environment to work. I had to work an 10 hours shift,even though, others can change their schedules to fit their family lifestyle.
My typical day I came in at 7am and leave at 6pm in my preschool classroom. I had circle time,centers,and learning activities throughout the day. The hardest part was not to able to trust your co-workers and bad communication. I was called a very inappropriate name that relates to a female dog in front of the children and nothing was done about it. Yet,I get bad penalize for expressing my thoughts and opinions. The mistreatment I received from the owner and director was very hurtful and cruel.
The enjoyable part of my job were the children I taught.
Productive and fun place to work.
Pre-school Teacher (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJune 26, 2015
This is a fun place to work with a great management team and amazing co-workers. The plan a great many activities for their students and provide many resources for both their employees and students to utilize.
I loved having fun with the kids
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Union City, GAJune 25, 2015
I love the look on a child's face at Circle Time and also the look when I an keeping an eye on them on the playground having fun
Apply at your own risk.
VPK Teacher (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: No one checks on you, so you can be left alone to teach freely.
Cons: Sexism, unequal pay, disrespect, zero help in classrooms, insufficient ways to clean and provide supplies or new toys to children.
Curriculum would be incredible- if followed. There is absolutely no training and you are thrown into a dog pit and criticized regularly. My issues reside in the overall poor quality of the management. Receiving help where it's needed whether it be for keeping within ratio, moral support, meetings, respectful conversation,handling unruly children, family connection, supplies replenishment or making time for staff. There are no benefits, no future benefits and very little holidays. Most of the supplies need to be donated (by the few willing parents) or bought straight out of pocket with no compensation. The managers are sexist and very manipulative and will encourage things like paying for extra classes, staying late hours, etc. in return for position advancement or raise; I've yet to see any of that come to fruition. The "hug first" concept of Kids R Kids is viable except for when the director was given permission by parents (or not) to bring the children into the bathroom for a hard, spanking and loud reprimanding. Absolutely distasteful. Children and their well being come first. This is just sexist men handling a job too big for their egos.
Run away
Assistant teacher (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 20, 2015
Pros: kids thats about it
Cons: management, no benefits, gossip
Did not care about the kids. Verbally abusive here to kids and teachers. Low pay. Lazy trifling management (Tina, Cynthia, Gabby) Do not work here or enroll your kids here. All they do is gossip and pretend that they're teaching the kids when corporate would come. They would give the kids nasty water from the sink. I could go on and on. Stay away from this place. You think since its Sugar Land it would have been a nice daycare, but no! It was horrible.
Never a dull moment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 12, 2015
Pros: Fun activities
Cons: Catty Coworkers
The kids keep you on your toes and are always telling you funny stories. Most of the teachers are nice. A very clean environment. There was some favoritism for some employees.
ok place to start
Floater (Former Employee), Watkinsville, GAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Center is well staffed mostly
Cons: pay sucks
This place wants you to do to much for under $10 an hour. Overall its ok, your co-workers or typical women. The center is fairly clean. Staff treats kids very well. Best daycare in the Athens area, which is why they should pay more. One lady works there been there over 10 years and gets paid under $15 per hour.
Great daycare
Teacher (Former Employee), Pearland, TXMay 26, 2015
This daycare is one of the best not only does it fit every need, but it is family owned. There is genuine love in the building from the owners to the parents all the way to the children. Loved working here.
Employees
After School Teacher (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 20, 2015
Pros: communication
Cons: support
Care for and teach our infants, by engaging with each every child.
§ Worked with other Infant Teachers
§ Maintain daily reports for families.
§ Follow State and Kids R Kids policies and procedures to provide a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment
Exciting and fun workplace
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Tomball, TXMay 18, 2015
Kids R Kids is a very fun environment with always having exciting activities to do with the children. I have learned patience and how to educate children ,as well as, the parents. Part of what makes this job fun are the co-workers, they become personal friends not just co-workers. The biggest challenge with having this job is learning how to adapt to a different environment due to moods and amount of children each day. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing how much they grow, learn, and change over the time they are in the classroom.
Amazing Experience with Childcare
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2015
• Played a vital role in the positive learning experience of children.
• Maintained superb organizational skills pertaining to child activities, education, and everyday tasks
• Had leadership skills in assuring the safety and well being of children, ranging from infancy to twelve year olds.
• Showed the children positive role model behavior in order to set good examples and instill proper behavior.
• Performed rigorous cleaning tasks in order ensure sanitary conditions for the learning environment.
• Developed patience while trying to help parents in the understanding of their children’s progress for the day.