Kids In Distress

Kids In Distress Employer Reviews

Very Enjoyable Field of work
Volunteer Packager (Former Employee), Wilton Manors, FLMay 25, 2014
Everyday at Kids and distress was enjoyable, even though I just volunteered as a Packager. I didn't learn that much, but it did teach me how to manage equipment and to always keep my work area in mint condition. My Co-workers was extremely helpful and always pointed me in the right direction. There was no hard part of this job, nothing is never truly – more... hard as long as you enjoy it. I enjoyed every bit of the volunteered service. – less
"Fake Professional Environment"
Teacher (Former Employee), Wilton Manors, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: very spacious facilities
Cons: administration very little knowledge in early childhood education
They hire tons of people who aren't certified or have only 45 hours of training, so that they can merely use them as bodies to maintain ratios.
You will apply for a certain position, interview for that position, and be hired with the appropriate job title, but once you finally start you will not work that position at all. You will be used anywhere and – more... everywhere, regardless of your comfort level and career desires.
Long, draining hours and they changed the schedule frecuently, hardly cover employees during lunch hours, you have no choice and have to stay inside the classrooms.
Parents are always aggravated about their children being thrown into all different classrooms with different teachers every day.

Advice to Senior Management – Don't lie to your new employees and expect them to stick around once they realize they are being used to fill ratios. Imagine if you were hired to be a doctor, but once on your first day your boss told you you are actually going to be a plumber? It is extremely unethical to hire someone for a particular position, have them go through a grueling amount of computer-based training and paper work, only to have them do a different job that they didn't sign up for. THIS, not the low pay, is why you have such a high turnover.

Follow advise of Quality Rating Specialist and do not think that you know it all! What you are trying to invent is already out there for you to learn. – less
Educational Practices to the test!
Teacher (Former Employee), Wilton ManorsNovember 10, 2013
Pros: they have worderfull space, well taking care facilities.
Cons: non-professional environment
In my personal calender, I had only maybe three of four days the Teacher's full staff show up for work in less than two months.Meaning that some teachers like not show up for work on Mondays or Fridays and if they decide to come they leave in the middle of the day with a careless excuse. Leaving their reponsability with other teachers and stressing – more... the other more responsable staff.
I did not learned or improved my skills as a teacher.
Management lack of leadership skills, they like run meetings with intimidation and threat to the staff. They are use to deal with non-professional teachers. They seem not to have any plan, just pass through the day! My main concern is that most parents did not know or care what is going on in daily basis.
Seen children being toss from classroom to classroom like a sack of potatoes.
I did not enjoy any part of it, it was really stressfull. – less
I absolutely loved working at Kids In Distress, the children has a special place in my heart.
House Mother (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 27, 2013
Pros: were taking free classes and getting paid for them. the best health care, 401k ira.
Cons: i hurt myself during sports day.
A typical day at work was always easy for me working at night but I never get home until 5pm because they knew I loved working with the infants as well. Management was always on point with everything. My co-workers were very caddy. The hardest part of the day was leaving the children, the most enjoyable part was watching them flourish.
Excellent source of supervision for graduate students
Internship (Former Employee), Wilton Manors, FLApril 18, 2013
Pros: supportive organization
Cons: n/a
Provided counseling services to community members. Co-facilitated therapeuticinterventions in the homes (CBT and Solution-Focused). Conducted biopsychosocial assessments, counseling services, intakes, diagnoses, weekly progress notes, and master treatment plans to children and families in the community. Conducted trainings for master level clinicians – more... and parents. – less
Great non profit organization and helps others in need.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wilton Manors, FLMarch 25, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: great insurance support
I truly enjoyed working for the above company. Working with others in need of support is a passion of mine. While working there you will encounter serious issues with many different diversities in race and they will go beyond measures to help them.
great place
Full Time Child and Family Therapist (Current Employee), Wilton Manors, FLMarch 13, 2013
Pros: trainings right on the campus. flexible schedule
Cons: sometimes having to work later into the evening.
Great place to work. Nice respectful group of employees. Great hands on learning experience. Supervisors are supportive as well which is a plus! The hardest part is working in the field and keeping up with paperwork so time management is needed.

June 7, 2013

The amount of paperwork required for this position means you are getting paid about $8 an hour. There is virtually no support for Therapist and you are expected to perform many duties without pay. They state that it is unit based and when it is said and done you are making very little per hour.

Comprehensive family strengthening and children services provider in South Florida
Chief Executive Officer/President (Former Employee), Wilton Manors, FLMay 31, 2012
Agency has terrific qualty programs with a sound supporting foundation and strong brand in the local community.