Kids in His Care Daycare of Beltsville, Maryland, an early childhood education center, is currently seeking a qualified and professional Office Manager. Our motto is “Your Child’s Tomorrow Starts Today;” and the focus is to provide a life-long love of learning. Our staff is comprised of loving and dedicated teachers who understand and meet the needs of each child. We are looking for fun, energetic Lead and Assistant Teachers for our program.
As a Christian business, the vision of Kids in His Care Daycare is to provide an academic and spiritual foundation for the children in the program. The program will be characterized by the following:
1. The promotion sound emotional, social, intellectual, physical and spiritual growth of each child
2. Age, need and capability appropriate activities for the children enrolled
3. Balance between individual and group participation
4. Balance between self-directed and staff-directed activities
5. Balance between active and quiet activities
6. Rest appropriate for the age, needs of the children enrolled
7. Outdoor play in both am and pm schedule
Position Summary: Responsible for organization, student record keeping, attendance record keeping and maintaining compliance for organization. Must maintain a peaceable, positive and professional attitude towards parents/guardians, staff, children and community. Duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
The job of Office Manager was established for the purpose/s of providing complex administrative and secretarial support to Directors; overseeing the day to day school office activities and relieving the Directors of administrative details; monitoring assigned activities; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as may be requested by Directors.
- Administers first aid and prescription medications to students for the purpose of providing emergency and necessary care in compliance with established guidelines.
- Coordinates a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g., facility usage, guest teachers, meetings, in-service events, travel and accommodations) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Remains available to substitute teach or assist for the purpose of ensuring that staff absences are covered in a timely manner and that student safety and educational process needs are met.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g., student registration data, student health forms, master calendar, budget data, employee records, financial records, reports) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned Administrator (e.g., account balances, work order status, Worker’s Compensation injuries, special projects, new teacher staffing, room assignments, maintenance work) for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates. Abilities
- Monitors students referred for illness when the Health Technician is not available or those referred for disciplinary action for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
- Oversees day-to-day office workload at assigned school location for the purpose of ensuring the completion of activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports, documents and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature (e.g., letters, memorandums, meeting minutes, charts, operational procedures, manuals) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Procures supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items.
- Researches a variety of topics (e.g., current practices, policies, education codes) for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations and/or addressing a variety of administrative requirements.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g., staff, parents, students, public agencies) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
- Supports Principal and other assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions and responsibilities.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities.
Skills Required: Perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Knowledge Required: Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent’s, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: business telephone etiquette; concepts of grammar and punctuation; and pertinent codes and regulations.
Abilities Required: Schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operates equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate.
Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: working independently; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; working with constant interruptions; setting priorities; and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit and tracking budget expenditures. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
5 years progressively advanced administrative experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Kids in His Care Daycare offers competitive compensation and benefits based upon experience, education, and certifications and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kids in His Care provides outstanding opportunities including: Holidays, Medical/Dental Insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts. To be considered for employment: Please email resumes, credentials, cover letter, 3 professional reference letters.