KidsPeace Employee Reviews

Was once a great place to work
RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Orefield, PADecember 10, 2016
Employed for 25 years. Work 3rd shift. Very short staffed which can make for a stressful and potentially unsafe work environment. Co-workers are wonderful...we just don't have enough of them.
Pros
Great benefits/Vacation etc
Cons
Short staff...no raises
Don't to it
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Orefield, PANovember 23, 2016
If you care about your safety, don't work at Kidspeace. The pay sucks, but the benefits are good. If you get hurt, which you probably will. They don't care. They just want you back at work. High turnover rate because they could careless about the employees they have. They would rather get news that will Leave in a few weeks.
Would never recommend for employment
Autistic Support/Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Temple, PANovember 22, 2016
The foster care aspect was stellar. Benefits are non-existent due to organizations prior bankruptcy. Starting pay rate is also on the lower end. Great for someone interning or looking to pad their resume.
Pros
Foster care program
Cons
Poor benefits
Poorly managed. No one cares about direct care staff
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 22, 2016
. Staff are out of ratio. There are never enough staff because of "funding" but upper management still get paid big bucks. There is never any money or funding. No raises. No support. Direct care staff expected to work 16 hour days wirh no breaks and frowned upon when ask to take a vacation yet other departments ok. Management doesn't support you or doesn't care. And say to figure it out.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Coworkers. Gossip. Upper management. Lack of support
If you want to not have a life
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowdon, GAOctober 3, 2016
If you ever happen to walk into this dealership and request an job... beware. Management from all directions are vultures. That's the way of sales I suppose, but these men are children .
Pros
commission. if they dont strip it
Cons
everything
Productive and reliable work place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PASeptember 7, 2016
Everyone is willing to help out and works well with each other. When concerns arise, the team works together to handle it in the best way possible.
Intense
Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orefield, PAAugust 30, 2016
It is an intense place to work. There are usually not enough staff which poses a threat to the staff that do work there. You are required to stay late often.
stubborn
Educational Technician III (Former Employee) –  East Millinocket, MEAugust 14, 2016
I felt the other ed tech's I worked with were fantastic, I was a little disappointed with some of their methods, and wished more information was passed down to the ed techs in order to understand how the students day was going to go - if they had a rough morning or evening at home, if something happened to a parent, or sibling, things that would concern, and perhaps interfere with learning, for the student.
indoor/outdoors activites are plentiful
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Orefield, PAApril 19, 2016
Making sure ADL are completed and clients are safe, co-worker are great and my job is very rewarding on a daily basis. Management is good.
Hated it!
YDS (Former Employee) –  Bowdon, GAMarch 30, 2016
This place is awful! They expect you to work 16 hour shifts every weekend! You never get a break, you must stay in ratio with the clients. There is a high turn over rate because the salary is low and the job is difficult. The kids hit you, yell and cuss at you and there is no upper management support. They could care less about the employees or the clients. There is a pool and ropes course but they are never used. KP looks good on paper but it's really not!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No raise, poor management, long hours, no breaks.....
Poorly run office with quantity more important than quality
Behavior Specialist Consultant/Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAMarch 30, 2016
I worked on the wraparound program in the then new but now defunct Stroudsburg, PA office. I can understand there bei ng some bumps in the road as we were a new llocation, but expecting us to call clients using our personal cell phone or to write treatment plans on our own computer, then complain that it was in the incorrect format was ludicrous. There was no support from management as they were always in the Allentown office (as ourea office was a satellite location). It was probably the worst year of my life career wise and because of that near trasumatic experience, I have not really held a job since that time where I was using my masters degree. Eventually after a year, we alm got laid off with no warning as we were told the office was closing. I was almost happy as it finally gave me a reason to leave that turmoil of a job, but I couldn't help thinking of what all the families wd were serving would do. Do yourself a favor and do your research before accepting a job here!
Pros
Rewarding working with families abd chdren in need of helo
Cons
Poorly run office, no equipment-expected tovuse our own, emohasis on billable hours as opposed to quality of care, no mileage or travel time reimbursement
Great Workplace
Behavioral Health Professional (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 22, 2016
I had a great experience with the branch of KidsPeace I worked with. The staff was excellent and friendly. Being a behavioral Health Professional is a tough job in itself however as I'm rating kidspeace and not the families I would have to give it a thumbs up.
Pros
*Flexible Schedule, Good Pay, Great Coworkers
Cons
*Difficult families
great people
Behavior Specialist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 14, 2016
KidsPeace is a great place to work, the benefits are excellent and the bosses/management are flexible. Residential is a tougher job, worked both there and community programs. Direct care is 24/7, so there are no breaks and flexibilities, but that comes with any direct care job. Community programs had great leadership and was a fun place to work!
Pros
lunches, family sick leave, great benefits, lots of training
Cons
financial problems, never sure how secure your job is
Company working for the families
Visitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MENovember 15, 2015
Kids Peace is a non profit company working to ensure the safety of the kids with reunification for the family. It was a great company to work for.
Pros
Compassionate Company
Cons
No benefits
Programs concept is awesome
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PANovember 5, 2015
Management, Directors and all higher ups don't care about anyone or anything. This company is all about the numbers (how it looks on paper) The programs they have are great but are not held up to its potential. Always short on supplies, the equipment is old and constantly breaking down. The staff buildings are falling apart, the chairs are ancient and uncomfortable. Constantly rushing to stay a float with the overload of work. Time off is not even an option. Management is blatantly disrespectful , rude, arrogant and are not held accountable for their actions. If you make a complaint it will go ignored or they will transfer you until they can get rid of you. Pay is extremely low for the all the expectations. High turnover rate.
Pros
It's a job with mediocre insurance benefits
Cons
Supervisors and everyone in higher positions are disrespectful and not held accountable
KidsPeace Review
Child Care Counselor II/Recreation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bowdon, GAOctober 10, 2015
I loved working with the youth, but administration staff was difficult at times. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the pay was good. The job had great benefits. Each day was an adventure.
Work that's Worth it without the environment
Mental Health Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orefield, PAAugust 16, 2015
If you have a passion for psychology and aiding kids dealing with some serious mental issues this is a great place to start and learn what it takes to be a child care counselor. The problem is that this place has so much potential but very little of it is applied to the workers that make up this company. This company is currently under the concept of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. It is very common for workers to feel replaceable in today's economy but this place makes you feel it everyday. Limited pay for a place that asks for a college degree and very little care about the conditions you are working in. If you are willing to work with kids that are dealing with some serious issues and you are not shy about working overtime this can be a nice job while you do school, but making this place a career is not something you should look in to. The leadership is lacking at best, with certain leaders lacking in their work ethic and others lacking the ability to change things for the better from an overhead administration struggling to keep this company afloat.
Pros
Working and learning with kids, options for overtime.
Cons
No raises, very little advancement if any
beautiful scenery
Sr.CcwII (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth MaineAugust 6, 2015
a typical shift there is chaotic and mostly understaffed. Kids peace has a large over turn of staff. administrators treat their employees very unprofessionally. The pay is not what it should be for all the work that you do. Every year they want more things from employees but do not give employees resources or monetary help.

the team you work with is the best part of K.P..
Pros
Cons
all kinds
This was a hard job, but I felt needed.
Late Night Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Orefield, PAJune 19, 2015
Working with kids that have special needs, adolescent problem kids, it will take a toll on you. But I seemed to feel like I was needed and if I wasn't there I was missed. This was the hardest job mentally that I have ever had.
Pros
Good benifits.
Cons
Mentally a hard job.
It takes a special individual to work here.
Private (Current Employee) –  PrivateJune 10, 2015
Unfortunately, these days, people turn their nose up to kidspeace. The reviews, the history, the cons of working with children who are struggling. Why do you sign up for the job and then complain about it? "Management doesn't care about you, no one cares about the children..." if that was the case I highly doubt anyone would be showing up to work. There are so many Ins and outs that go into a national company, but every single worker here matters and makes a difference. If everyone, everyday went to work wanting a pat on the back everytime they did something right, or didnt do something wrong, there would be billions of people disappointed everyday. What people don't understand, as adults, some as trained professionals and others looking to get experience under their belt, is that these kids are not giving you a hard time, they are having a hard time. I've read reviews and comments of people who want to get rid of kidspeace.... of course, why not?! It's just children who need help in a place where it is offered. Children who will one day be the ones out in the world, working and carrying the country. Why are these children not as important as the one who doesn't need that extra hand to hold? Ok, so your child is perfect and "would never" need to go to a place like kidspeace. High five to you. Parents didn't ask for it, but atleast they want to do something about it and give their child the opportunity for a better life. It's called unconditional love. What the employees and staff of kidspeace are doing day in and day out matters. Maybe not to every parent who has the perfect  more... child, but ask any parent who has a child attending if they matter. Kids are the future, these kids are the future. Anyone with something negative to say is complaining because they weren't paid enough to care, they don't have children so don't see the point in helping them (because they're going to live forever and change the world themselves), or their just ignorant. More people need to stop and think of the BIG picture. Not the bits and pieces. Finish a puzzle and you have the beautiful picture, stary taking pieces away and it looks like chaos and wreckage.  less
Pros
Building a future and helping children.
Cons
....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KidsPeace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9