Kiewit Employee Reviews

Temporary Position
Field Buyer and Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, NENovember 20, 2017
This was just a temp position. I did purchasing for a short period of time until the job ended due to lack of funding for that location. The management was nice and the other employees were good to work with.
Fast paced work environment
Field/Office Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 17, 2017
Kiewit never places you in a position that you do not have resources available that can help you. They are always willing to train you if you see that you need it. It is a demanding organization with equal benefits.
Fun work place at times
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cove Point, MDNovember 13, 2017
In the beginning the job is pretty good easy-going filled with joy but at the in the jobsite is pretty much difficulty to cope with the job began at times
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Fast Paced Fun Atmosphere
Warehouse Clerk, Kiewit (Former Employee) –  Drakesboro, KYNovember 10, 2017
It was a fastpaced job, but had plenty of learning and growing opportunties. The Management was always willing to take time to make sure the employees knew and understood the task at hand. Management was hands on and always looked for opportunties to grow the employees.
excellent and educational work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2017
worked for kiewit for a short time but i advanced my career because of them. learned so many things by just being on the job and the staff is very detailed oriented.they have a great safety policy and sfaety personnel
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
Assistant Quality Engineer
Assistant Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lusby, MDNovember 8, 2017
I loved working for Kiewit as an Assistant Quality Engineer. If I get the chance to go back to Kiewit I will jump on the chance. Mangers were easy to work for and it was enjoyable.
Fast paced
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 4, 2017
A good company to work for and good benefits offered. This is a stable company with room to grow. Must be open to relocate sometime during your career at Kiewit.
Great place I'd definitely apply again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 3, 2017
I loved working with all of my coworkers I'd definitely reapply and recommend this work place. I hate I had to relocate but maybe one day I'll come back a reapply. I really enjoyed my coworkers and bosses.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Hate I had to leave
Moments
Labor Relations/Orientation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lusby, MDNovember 2, 2017
Great learning experience. Many opportunities to switch to different positions.had fun great location cant wait to have another opportunity with Kiewit.
welder
Combo welder (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 30, 2017
was all ok and welding alt nights and days takes time to get used to but all an all ok company they train you and show how to do your job good comapny
Great place to work with generally friendly coworkers
Overheads Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 30, 2017
Kiewit has been a great first company for me to work for. I have learned so much about the construction and power generation industry as well as just general professional working experience. Kiewit also gave me my first taste in managing and developing people which is a true passion of mine.
Met some really good people and learned a lot
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Weston, MOOctober 27, 2017
Good ol' fashioned hard work. Sometimes tough, but most of the time just needed to use some elbow grease to finish your tasks. Mostly concrete and form work.
Kiewit
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 24, 2017
great company to work for, safety is there top priority. always learned something new every day. enjoyed going out to the yard to see the projects that were being worked on
This company takes care of their people!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 19, 2017
A competitive market promotes competition from within. Everyone seems to be at the top of their game. Great inclusive culture and love the management style.
very competive and stressful low pay
Structural Ironworker and fitter and welder (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXOctober 17, 2017
low pay everyday, typical day very stressful, hardest part of the job was to keep my crew looking busy when there was work was completed and no work while waiting
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay
really need a locked warehouse
Heavy Equipment operator, three (Current Employee) –  Soda Springs, IDOctober 15, 2017
it wouldnt be to bad a position if everybody did there job. most people dont turn in there paperwork and that reflects the warehouse cause i have to do spot inventory constantly.
Great working culture
PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 9, 2017
Lots of training
great people
I have great managers
No room for advancement
Great parties
You can learn multiple position but no raises for being more knowledgeable
low wages
Pros
Great work Parties
Cons
no room for advancement, low raises
High Stress and Long Hours
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 4, 2017
Kiewit will relocate you upon hiring with them. Be prepared for 50 hour weeks minimum with some weeks hitting 60 and 70 hours. Fast paced job and is stressful.
Human Resources controls the company in Lenexa
Pipe Field/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2017
Kiewit used to be better and more of a family atmosphere with employees. now everyone is just more like a number. I have bad taste about human resources and a lady that works there. still a great company, but it seems like Lenexa wastes a lot of talent and money.
Pros
big company that can be great at times
Cons
Human Resources is out of tune with company
Great work environment
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2017
great room for growth and a great work environment, long work days with great pay. great layed back work environment where people got along great. never had a bad day