KIK Custom Products Employee Reviews in United States

Nasty place to work at .
Plant Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAAugust 18, 2016
Nasty.place to work they don't even offer a mask to were there your breathing in bleach for eight hours aday and the salem Virginia has asbestos in the old water storage tank aera people used the bathroom in the floor. Dont go to work there it's not worth the pay.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing place was nasty
Good starting job
Quality Control Chemist (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 3, 2016
Good starting job with good range of learning experience. Chance to learn about multiple sectors of a manufacturing industry.
love my job duties too much favoritism and poor management
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJune 26, 2016
I love what I did in my job duties sometimes not able to fulfill them due to the hostile environment. There was lack of management more so friends. There was select few very unprofessional employees that got rewarded due to favoritism. I would not recommend working at this location.
Pros
free lunch, benefits
Cons
management, poor lack of judgement
Production
MEZZ OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJune 20, 2016
ur Custom Manufacturing Division (“Custom Manufacturing”) is the #1 contract manufacturer in North America serving over 70 leading CPG companies. Our multi-product manufacturing and packaging capabilities include an extensive portfolio of aerosol, liquid, gel and cream products, among others.
ADMIN. ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 1, 2016
Great Company I love working there There were incentives on that I remember was giftcards for the hoildays. I really enjoyed working at Kik Custom Products.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No much time off.
Average Company
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2016
Smaller company with very limited opportunity to advance.

Excellent results tend to keep you in the role, especially if it was not performing well prior to new leader.

Provides strong comfort level for your manager.
good place to work if there were no politics
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 11, 2016
This was a very hot place to work because of the compounding areas made it hot. I like helping people on the production line that had special request.
Pros
Close to home, overtime avalible
Cons
hot work environment
Prodoctive and fun workplace
Production assembler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2016
My experience at KIK Custom Products was a great learning experience and the staff and co-workers were just as rewarding. I learned a lot about the in's and out's of manufacturing.
Pros
stable work environment
Cons
sometimes had to work 7 days a wek
A Job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 22, 2016
The job was very boring and unorganized, but I focused on my work and stayed focused. I was also working another job at the time so I was only working part-time and it felt more as though I was working full-time.
Avoid this company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 14, 2016
Bad management, short breaks, and no communication. I've been a mechanic for this company in two locations, Straight out lie to you to get you to take the job. Poor training also, rush you through it. Management likes to micro manage every aspect of the facility, and they don't care about their people. All that they care about is their money. No spare parts to repair the machines with. Expect you to do your job in a hurry and rush through it. Then write you up when things don't run right. Give you plenty of personal days off, but reprimand you when you use them.
Cons
Expensive benefits, Lie to you about your responsibilities, very weak union.
A very monotonous place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 11, 2016
The work environment was a somewhat hostile due to the demograph. This is why I relocated to LosAngeles. There was a huge language barrier, it didn't effect me but my coworkers were greatly affected due to it. The supervisors weren't very responsive to it and as a result it was a very stressful work environment. the good thing the experience taught me was extreme perseverance and adaptability.
Pros
Work exprience
Cons
Team Work
Great place to work and great people to work with
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 30, 2016
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Great benefits available. Duties included purchasing/buying in a manufacturing environment, ensuring timely delivery of materials to meet production needs, maintaining active external communication with suppliers and customers as well as internal communication with production schedulers and other team members, running allocation reports as well as MRP in JDE.
Was good
Machine Operater (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 24, 2016
Used to be a good place to work. Then new management. Too much micro managing. Cut many jobs. One person responsible for multiple machines doing many jobs at once. Keep talking about safety but your running back and forth to load one machine and un jamming another. No time to do maintenance on machines or cleaning them. Line goes down you get sent some where else or sent home. Maintance is a waste of time there. But they shut all lines down on thursday for 15 minutes so everyone xan go sweep the warehouse floor all three shifts do it in the same spot. No proper training procedures after an hour your left alone. This is one place that needs a union. The new management is from a plant that shut down and they are forcing people to switch shifts and are bringing in people from out of state to fill spots. Good workers are quiting.
Fire alarms not working. Alarms for the gassers are not going off when levels are too high. Bundling machines catch fire often.
Pros
Insurance is expensive but its decent. Pay for your shoes
Cons
Short breaks, fumes from gas and other chemicals, unsafe environment, not properly ventilated, management and hr not approachable
Im only writing this because they are making me
Warehouse Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 22, 2016
it has been too long since I have worked there to know what it is like anymore. but when I did work in warehouse it was terrible. Horrible bosses. But they aren't there anymore.
Horrible place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 26, 2016
Never knew if you would work or not, lines didn't run all shift would stand in the lines all shift doing nothing then they will make us work Saturday and Sunday to make up. Very unorganIed.
Stay away
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Not a place to stay long term. Never know if you will have a job. Daily changes to work. No pass down. Find out about any issue after the fact.
Benefits
Mechanic at aburndale fl
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  FLJanuary 25, 2016
Low wages also haveing to give breaks to production also with little or no training on equiptment also too many friends and family hired on with no experience on the jobs they get wages are about what you would make in the 80s dont work here
Pros
Its a j o b
Cons
Low pay below benifets and bad treatment from superivors
productive
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 6, 2016
a typical day at the job would start off with me checking with my supervisor to see if i had any line changeovers or start ups. After that i would proceed to my line and meet with other mechanic to see how the line ran or what needed to be finished. i would then do weight checks and gas house checks then go check my mix. i would then start up or finish any changeover or proceed running the line if already in working order. if the line shut down for any mechanical issue i would fix it and get the line back moving . i did hourly weight and gas house checks on top of keeping track of my mix and keeping the line running efficiently. the hardest part of the jobs was usualy startups considering they take awhile to get the line running smooth and productively. my most enjoyable part of the day was when my line was running good and we were getting good numbers and good quality checks.
Pros
nice teamwork
Cons
machines needed updated
Productive and fun work place.
Assembler/Production,Assembler/packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work be prepared to do your best at work,Assist co-workers when needed.Management was great you could talk to them if there was any type of problem.The hardest part of the job was when I had to bump temps.Because work was slow.MY most enjoyable part of the day is when we're making production and we are all working safely.
Pros
Free lunches for working safely.
Cons
Life insurance, vision and dental
Do not work voluntarily
Chemical Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 3, 2015
Management is cycled through about every 6 months or so. You never know who is in charge over there. Besides a select few supervisors, everybody's main concern seems to see how much work they can shove off on another department. Also, not a lot of "teamwork" is displayed there. Each shift tries to make themselves look good, and will screw other shifts over to make them look better
Pros
Weekends off usually
Cons
bad management, poor benefits

2.7