Kimball International Employee Reviews

High school antics within management and some floor workers.
Upholstery (Former Employee), Danville KentuckyMay 2, 2015
Pros: Pay is decent.
Cons: Mandatory Overtime announced day of work. Not knowing if you're going to be in for 8 hours one day, 10 hours the next, or 5 hours on a Saturday.
Like the title states, there's a high school-esque hierarchy that goes within the plant. A lot of gossip and a lot of drama. Best advice I can give you is that just to mind your own business and keep to – more... yourself.

Management is a joke, production may shift from a light load to a ton of work within a day's time requiring you to stay after, even on Saturdays.

They may throw you on several lines, teaching you multiple lines of furniture to get production out the door.

If you get injured, there's a lot of discrepancy on where and how you've got hurt so be prepared to fight back to get your benefits, or at least hire a lawyer. – less
I really liked my job
Finish Line Leader (Former Employee), Jasper, INFebruary 23, 2015
The job was fast paced. Everyday brought on new experiences. Management and Supervisor teams had their issues though when it came to authority. This was the only draw back to this company.
My Stepping stone.
International Sourcing Manager (Former Employee), Jasper, INOctober 9, 2014
My Stepping stone in the Global Sourcing world started with Kimball International. As a newbie in the profession, my co-workers were kind and helpful. The most challenging part of my job was balancing my work with education which was supported by my management.
very intence
manufacturing (Former Employee), kimball tampa flSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: the people you work with on the manufacturing floor are great
Cons: poor health care no plain for employee raises or promotions
not agod place to work for .H R does not have the best intrest of threir valueble employees
Job was busy with good beneifts.
Shipping/receiving clerk (Former Employee), Santa Claus, INFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: frequent safety, quality meals, t-shirts, company picnic
Cons: early start time @ 5 a.m. and worked 10+ hrs daily.
Learned alot through my 21 1/2 yrs of working for Kimball. Moved to California, trained in Mexico then worked in Santa Claus for rest of my tenure. Held a variety of jobs and did my best at each one. Arrived on time, missed only a few days in these years and worked well with all my employees.
SAP BUSINESS UNIT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Borden, INAugust 19, 2013
Pros: advancement for those seeking more responsibilities.
Cons: sometimes, not enough engineering was completed before actual productions "runs" were established.
During my tenure, many career advancement opportunities were given to me. I was able to learn all aspects of their production environment, as well as manage many different departments. The company decided – more... to upgrade their production software to SAP, and I was on the initial implementation team. This gave me the chance to learn the SAP system, which ultimately offered other business opportunities outside of Kimball. – less
Best office furniture available.
SAP BUSINESS UNIT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Borden, INMarch 14, 2013
Pros: great people and attention to detail.
Cons: management sometimes cares too much about "numbers".
Although down-sizing has recently taken it's toll on Kimball locally, this business continually produces the best products in their market(s).
Kimball International
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee), Jasper IndianaJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no growth potential, no employee support for attending college
This is a great place to work if you enjoy rual America. Family values come first. The company is a low-key global manufacturing business with sites in the U.S. and abroad.

There is no means for advancement here. No growth potential.
Not a good place to work
Builder (Current Employee), Salem, INDecember 24, 2012
Pros: have dinners once and while
Cons: pay and health care
Build furniture all day,and very stressful management doesn't treat you the they want to be treated. I've been on both sides of fence so I know the people want to be treated.
terrible place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Salem, INApril 10, 2012
I really didn't like it, My hours were 5am till 5-8 at night. You never knew what time you were leaving.