Kimball International Employee Reviews in United States

BMW (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 16, 2016
Had fun when working there. Nice people and staff, great benefits and perks to the job would diffidently work there again if needed a job
High school antics within management and some floor workers.
Upholstery (Former Employee) –  Danville KentuckyMay 2, 2015
Like the title states, there's a high school-esque hierarchy that goes within the plant. A lot of gossip and a lot of drama. Best advice I can give you is that just to mind your own business and keep to yourself.

Management is a joke, production may shift from a light load to a ton of work within a day's time requiring you to stay after, even on Saturdays.

They may throw you on several lines, teaching you multiple lines of furniture to get production out the door.

If you get injured, there's a lot of discrepancy on where and how you've got hurt so be prepared to fight back to get your benefits, or at least hire a lawyer.
Pros
Pay is decent.
Cons
Mandatory Overtime announced day of work. Not knowing if you're going to be in for 8 hours one day, 10 hours the next, or 5 hours on a Saturday.
High school all over again.
upholstery (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYDecember 30, 2015
Most management and floor workers gossip constantly.
Pay is alright for what it is.
You never know how long you're working. One day you can go home early because there is no work and the next you could stay over and extra on Saturdays.
Quality and craftsmanship is poor.
Don't expect to be able to go to the bathroom and be able to make their productivity expectations. Which are unrealistic for new comers, they will let you go in a heartbeat instead of trying to see if you'll work well somewhere else.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
Short breaks drama no bonus bad management
rewarding
Buyer, Quality Technician, and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Borden, INJune 7, 2016
I loved working for this company. I grew so much with this company. I learned every job in this company. I took on may roles to learn the company.
Pros
travel
Cons
nothing
Its a fun productive place to work and great people.
X-Site welder (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INNovember 3, 2015
Employees are nice and inviting. You get trained well. The management does a good job. It is a great working environment.
Pros
great benifets
Cons
very short breaks
Very productive and fun
Drawer builder (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INOctober 23, 2015
Never missed one day at work at Kimball. First place I learned to build drawers. Trained people only after one month while working there and then left for Basic and AIT training.
Pros
People worked there as a team and no gossip
Cons
night shift
Solid company, overall good place to work.
Senior Product Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDOctober 12, 2015
Had some good department managers. Wages were good. There was a lot of firefighting. Great coworkers makes for a fun experience.
Cons
Healthcare coverage
very intence
manufacturing (Former Employee) –  kimball tampa flSeptember 11, 2014
not agod place to work for .H R does not have the best intrest of threir valueble employees
Pros
the people you work with on the manufacturing floor are great
Cons
poor health care no plain for employee raises or promotions
great place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJuly 16, 2015
great plave to work, except that the company re-located to indiana. great company to be part of.managment was great with all employees.
Pros
great managment
Cons
not much of bonuses
SAP BUSINESS UNIT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Borden, INAugust 19, 2013
During my tenure, many career advancement opportunities were given to me. I was able to learn all aspects of their production environment, as well as manage many different departments. The company decided to upgrade their production software to SAP, and I was on the initial implementation team. This gave me the chance to learn the SAP system, which ultimately offered other business opportunities outside of Kimball.
Pros
advancement for those seeking more responsibilities.
Cons
sometimes, not enough engineering was completed before actual productions "runs" were established.
I really liked my job
Finish Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 23, 2015
The job was fast paced. Everyday brought on new experiences. Management and Supervisor teams had their issues though when it came to authority. This was the only draw back to this company.
My Stepping stone.
International Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INOctober 9, 2014
My Stepping stone in the Global Sourcing world started with Kimball International. As a newbie in the profession, my co-workers were kind and helpful. The most challenging part of my job was balancing my work with education which was supported by my management.
Kimball International
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jasper IndianaJanuary 7, 2013
This is a great place to work if you enjoy rual America. Family values come first. The company is a low-key global manufacturing business with sites in the U.S. and abroad.

There is no means for advancement here. No growth potential.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no growth potential, no employee support for attending college
Best office furniture available.
SAP BUSINESS UNIT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Borden, INMarch 14, 2013
Although down-sizing has recently taken it's toll on Kimball locally, this business continually produces the best products in their market(s).
Pros
great people and attention to detail.
Cons
management sometimes cares too much about "numbers".
Job was busy with good beneifts.
Shipping/receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INFebruary 14, 2014
Learned alot through my 21 1/2 yrs of working for Kimball. Moved to California, trained in Mexico then worked in Santa Claus for rest of my tenure. Held a variety of jobs and did my best at each one. Arrived on time, missed only a few days in these years and worked well with all my employees.
Pros
frequent safety, quality meals, t-shirts, company picnic
Cons
early start time @ 5 a.m. and worked 10+ hrs daily.
Not a good place to work
Builder (Current Employee) –  Salem, INDecember 24, 2012
Build furniture all day,and very stressful management doesn't treat you the they want to be treated. I've been on both sides of fence so I know the people want to be treated.
Pros
have dinners once and while
Cons
pay and health care
terrible place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salem, INApril 10, 2012
I really didn't like it, My hours were 5am till 5-8 at night. You never knew what time you were leaving.