Kimball International Employee Reviews

Poor Management
I cook (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 29, 2017
I feel that they under utilized the employees that they had and rather hire off the street and progressing employees from with in. The is also alot of backstabbing.
To much buddy system team leaders made to lie
Costa operator forklift spray uv line fliater (Former Employee) –  Santa claus inAugust 28, 2017
Job advancement dont go by what but goes by who you know. Team leader starting problems between employees .Leaders not keeping up with the line and what the preventable repairs the equiment needs only
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No time cant get 30 to 40 hrs
Loved the job mot the supervisor
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salem, INAugust 13, 2017
I really really loved this job it was fast paced and I really enjoyed building the cabinets and inspecting them plus boxing them I really loved this job but had an unreasoma be supervisor
Everyday Is Different
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 23, 2017
Kimball is a very active and always changing. The people are the best part of my experience with Kimball. There are certain areas of the company that receive more attention and support than others. That is one only things that I would like to see. All in all it is a good place to work.
I've always loved to sew
Upholstery Sewer (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 8, 2017
Kimball was a good place to work it was a new start up when I went there so it was a lot of training taking place. I was crossed train and moved to different jobs frequently.
Pros
Benefits, Company picnics
Cons
Management and crazy hours
Work there was good as long as you got a good handoff from the other shift.
Machine Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 23, 2017
You had everything right at your fingertips, if you could use a computer you were one step ahead. You could plan your work for the week. If you needed help from one of the other Tec's you could coordinate with them to do a full calibration from end to end of the machine, and get it kicked out in half the time .Great place to work.
Pros
Holiday meals or frozen Turkeys.
Cons
You would go thru steel toe boots quickly. Constantly on the run.
very rude people
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 19, 2017
I never missed a day and did what I was told and still they treated me like I was stupid.. I was new there and was not showed the right way to do anything just yelling at me and bringing me down everyday bad choice of a place to work.
Good place to start but its hard to move up
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 6, 2017
Good place to start but its hard to move up and b more successful. They need to offer better benefits. They need more paid personal days, vacation time, longer breaks and lunch.
Pros
Get off early
Cons
Go to work too early
Unpreditable hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fordsville, KYApril 9, 2017
At our plant our hours are very unpredictable. From one day to the next its a guessing game on when your getting off, therefore making it difficult to plan anything outside of work, especially if you have children. Management seems to keep it a secret 30 minutes till quitting time. You might work 5 hours one day, then work overtime & Saturdays the next. Management (team leaders) take advantage of there workers also, favortism is bad too. Best things are vacation days, benefits & there open door policy. Very family oriented compared to other companies I have worked with.
Pros
Vacation days, family oriented, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, unpredictable hours
Various types of work
Zoll Hand Solder (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 12, 2017
Various types of work from electronics to furniture. Fast pace work, typically offers over time, and is good place to learn. Management is willing to personally connect and speak with individuals.

Want to know more about Kimball International?

Ask a question
Never know how long you are working, drama, and a rigged production system
Upholster (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 31, 2017
Just don't..... Most people can only take it for a few months. That's why they have to hire so many people every other month. National office is a bad place to work
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Efficient and Productive workplace
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 31, 2017
A relaxed environment that can truly produce.
Typically 40 hour work weeks.
A strong supporting team that will accept you right away.
Excellent management that will work with you should you need time off or support in a work related or non work related state, they need you there but they need you to be happy for the long term.
Layoff
Drawer builder (Former Employee) –  Salem, INDecember 29, 2016
Worked here until I was laid off. Then decided to go to school and get my CNA certification. Love the job and the people I worked with was laid off due to lack of work.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
No work
On task jobs, very productive.
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INDecember 8, 2016
Overall a decent place Of employement, very understand and will work with you on a schedule. The hours are pretty steady and pay is decent. Offers insurance and disability. Sales keep rising with many customers.
Great place to work now that drama is gone
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 3, 2016
Only been with kimball 2 years and have seen a lot of high school drama. Management has gotten a lot of those people out of here and are making it a much better place to work. I use to dread coming in because of having to listen to the sorry ones who live such miserable lives, but now I really enjoy it. They try to make work fun and enjoyable. Getting rid of the ones who brought the place down was the best thing they could have done.
great work enviroment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Fordsville, KYOctober 4, 2016
Great team environment. Good team leaders and managers. Lots of communication. Always feel welcome and excited to come to work. Would definitely recommend working at Kimball.
Good people on the floor
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 2, 2016
Worst management I have ever worked for. They act like a bunch of kids. Very sneaky and lying. Just a bunch of game players. HR is the worst.
Pros
Decent benefits except medical.
Cons
No set schedule, terrible schedule planning, talked to and treated like children, HR manager a joke.
Treatment of others
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 24, 2016
Kimballs managers treatment of others policy was in a nut shell treat the employees as poorly as possible without breaking any labor laws and if they take it great if not there is the door.
Pros
weekly paycheck
Cons
your fellow workers
Kimball hospitality has good benefits (health, vision, dental and 3 weeks vacstionand 401k.
Upholster (Former Employee) –  Kimalball hospitality Martinsville VaJuly 12, 2016
Management on power trip...especially HR manager. Management talks and treat you like children. If employee ask questions or voice their opinion they get treatment unfairly....so they don't say anything...they are afraid of losing their job. If an employee gets on bad side of management they are fired . CEO doesn't know how management in Martinsville plant treats their employees.
Benefits
Cons
Management treats employyes unfairly
co-workers are fun to be around
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 11, 2016
Job duty's of moving trailers daily is not too hard. Just trying to get the warehouse people to understand it takes time.
Pros
Most co- works will listen to you and make you feel like your part off the group
Cons
If you speek up your out cast by management. Pay is not were it needs to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimball International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9