Kimball Midwest Employee Reviews

Inside Sales
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2017
Great team! Great Manager! Since I have been here he has improved the tools I use to do my job several times which equals less stress and a better ability to make more money. Whenever I have an idea I feel like management listens and has implemented several of my suggestions. The pay is fair, it was slow the first year but has improved each year. I feel it is a challenging job and would suggest it to anyone who is willing to work hard.
Run away as fast as you can
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NWIJune 4, 2017
This company hasn't any ethics what so ever. All they do is lie so that only the family makes money. They promise you everything, but it never happens. You use your equipment and have to pay for everything else. You don't get any benefits at all.
Pros
Cons
To long to list
Unique Family-Owned and Operated Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2017
Kimball Midwest is a great place to work if you want to be a name and not a number. The owners are actively involved in day-to-day operations and make it known that they are thankful for the work you do no matter your position within the company.

There are frequent corporate lunches to celebrate company records or show employee appreciation.

My department is very flexible with schedules and very accommodating to work/life balance.

The company is supportive of personal development and allows people to grow and evolve. There are several internal programs for continuous development and external development opportunities such as conferences, professional organizations, certifications, etc. are also available generally. The company is growing and believes in promoting from within and even allowing people to shift careers entirely.

The people that you work with both corporate staff and the sales force are awesome, everyone is friendly -- it really does feel like an extended family.

My work is enjoyable, there are new challenges every day. I feel empowered to give feedback that actually makes a difference. It is a very unique opportunity that most often does not happen in larger publicly-traded companies.
Pros
Company lunches, wellness initiatives, development opportunities, flexibility, family-owned
Cons
Cost of benefits, lower than market rate for compensation, spreading employees too thin at times
Fun,Excitement of learning new products and demonstrating them
Product Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work was fun and adventurous because I always had a new product to show my customers. Management was always there to answer any questions I had. Kimball Midwest is a unique company that is there for all the customers that buy their products which are all American made products. The hardest part of the job would be learning all the new products that came out weekly which was important to give our customers new ways to save time and money. I still enjoyed learning new things and the demonstrations I did almost daily.
Pros
Freedom to work from leaving my home
Cons
Alot of hours some weeks but pays off
B2B Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2017
Not my cup of tea does not mean it is not for everyone. I made my own schedule and saw five to 14 businesses every day. My own vehicle was used and I always carried samples.
A fun place to work
Help Desk Support Technician - Tier II (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 16, 2017
Ownership and management create an excellent environment to work.

Hard work is rewarded.

The pay may not be the top in the industry, but they are willing to give individuals the opportunity to grow where other companies require previous experience.
productive and great company
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2017
The company was amazing and always recognized the employees who went above and beyond with their job. the hardest part was dealing with the drama and the lack of dealing with certain management issues that caused a lot of employees to quit.
Nice place to work
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Its a nice place to work but they take a lot of money out of your check. To many reps in one area. Makes it look like there is no defined territory for each sales rep.
Avoid them like you would the plage!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 12, 2017
Took this job out of necessity! Doing everything I can to get away, far far away! Local managers are cool, from there up it's all about the numbers and bonuses! If you don't make numbers you don't get paid! If you don't get paid you still better get out and sell! All overhead is out of your pocket, fuel, vehicle, travel even your sales resources! You can make money but you need great accounts that buy slot of products and you not only have to compete against other sales reps but the company's inside sales as well. They can take your accounts away and give them to other sales reps if they feel it's best for the company! Biggest mistake I've ever made employment wise!
Pros
Great Products, Honestly some of the Best I've ever used!
Cons
Everything but the Products!
ok
Sales Representative - 40hrs/week (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Ive had better management and less headaches with corporate offices. Corporate wants you to get out and sell then when you get the sales, they restrict you on almost everything.
Great people very clean
Sorter/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 25, 2017
best job ever, i enjoyed the bosses and the employees were friendly and very helpful.loved the break room the company felt like a big family. cook outs and other activity's made the job exciting
Kimball Midwest
Shipper/Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 6, 2017
Great employers, great people I worked with, and good benefits. Its a set schedule which is ideal for most people. Lastly, the job is pretty lax, not to vigorous for a young person looking to make some money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No overtime
Inside Sales Manager = negligent
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 8, 2016
The inside sales manager depended on my coworkers to train me. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, but they did 90% of my training, while he listened to podcasts in the back of the office. The manager is extremely slow and seems jaded. There is no sales training program and the job is basically catalog sales. The base pay is barely over minimum-wage and they still deduct 10% from your overall sales for that compensation. The health insurance is ridiculously expensive and the deductible is $6000 for minimal health coverage. The biggest turn off was the manager's lack of care. He allowed some staff members to come and go as they please, all while they had the best territories with the biggest accounts. This to me was a prime indication of favoritism. None of them are true sales people, nor do they know how to probe and support customers/prospects.
Pros
Monday - Friday work schedule
Cons
Low payout, poor inside sales management
No plan from top down
New territory developement (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 7, 2016
They hired me to build a legitimate territory they said, from scratch, and then told me I had to open up as many junk accounts as I could to make my numbers. Never had a real plan to give me the time to build the legit business that we talked about. Then took my salary away and made the position a commission only job. With no hope of making any real sales and making real money. Bad business plan !
Pros
Cons
going to work for them is a mistake
Great Company to work for and you can advance
Marketing Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2016
I worked for this company for 24 years, taking care of the external and internal customer base and sales force, as well as working side by side for different internal offices. I learned how to listen, take notes and deliver what the customers and sales force needs to help Kimball Midwest be a successful company. All management within Kimball Midwest are fantastic, they work with you not against you. The hardest part of the job: was being able to multitask at first, but your realize that in any job this is what makes you stronger and can show your abilities. Most enjoyable part of the job: Being around an awesome company the hard work pays off. The best employer and employees ever.
Pros
Family owned, employee appreciations/lunches/CEO shows his appreciation
Cons
Don't have any cons
Bad pay, good environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 10, 2016
Bad management and low pay but great culture and work-life balance. They have a great culture that makes everyone feel like they are a valued part of the company.
Lots of Cold Calling exciting to see area grow
Account Manger (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2016
The job requires an immense amount of self discipline, and hours work a day, tremendous amount of cold calling to be successful
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Long Hours, lot of Cold Calling, Rejection
Nice place to work
Credit/Collections Asst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2016
Enjoyed learning more about accounting practices and working in new industry. Worked with Sales people and customers in regards to pass due invoices and payments
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Storefront Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2016
Kimball Midwest is a wonderful family owned company. They stand by their core values and treat everyone equally. The company is built around Sales Representatives, so internal people often feel left out. Overall I would suggest Kimball Midwest as a company to work for.
National Distributor of MRO Supplies
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MaineMarch 23, 2016
Very good business model, 80% USA made products, no shipping, no minimums. Very good employee training and support program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimball Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7