Kimball Midwest Employee Reviews in United States

National Distributor of MRO Supplies
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MaineMarch 23, 2016
Very good business model, 80% USA made products, no shipping, no minimums. Very good employee training and support program.
Lacking coordinated leadership
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2016
The leadership is tunnel visioned and only focus on immediate concerns without regard to impacts to future work situations. They are friendly but selfish when it comes interdepartmental work. The work environment was laid back were you could do you work your way to a degree. They always tried to change things in the work habits but always made the job harder and not worth it for the low pay rates.
Pros
Work cook out for good months
Cons
Poor leadership
Not new to the field..
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WAFebruary 29, 2016
Began with Kimball after 7 years with a competitor. It took nearly a year before I could relax and see that Kimball believes in their reps and customers. Everyone is Family. The pay is commission and your hard work reflects what you are worth. If you don't put in much....don't expect much. The best part is that after building customer relationships, your just paid to talk to friends.
Pros
Co-workers are like family. You determine your value.
Cons
If you're self motivated....its not for you.
Positive work environment. Supportive management team.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sahuarita, AZDecember 11, 2015
I enjoy meeting with my customers and having the satisfaction to be able to provide product and solve problems for them. When they call me for help with a project they are working on I stop what I am doing to try to get answers for them as quick as possible. They appreciate the service they receive and often comment how they are still waiting on an answer or an order from another company.

Sometimes, if I can't provide the product or we don't supply what the customer needs I feel like I have let them down.
Pros
Company is dedicated to provide quality products to its customers at a fair price, Maintains inventory. Excellent service and distribution of product
Cons
I am commission sales representative & would like to see a form of paid vacation based on production
Productive and fast pace environment
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHDecember 10, 2015
I would go to my station make sure I had everything I would need to work at a fast pace.I learned a lot about warehouse work and it was a very good work experience. I enjoyed my management they were nice understanding people. My co-workers were pleasant to work with as well. Hardest part about job was walking all through warehouse. The most enjoyable pat of the job was seeing all the work I accomplished.
Pros
We had a company cookout for doing our job so well.
Cons
Walking a lot.
Good Company to work with supportive management
MRO Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 24, 2015
The training and support I was able to acquire in a short time was totally excellent... very supportive and to show and tell equipment and tools ...

The only issue is that in the area I had the Company is not well know and represented, probably because of sales reps turnover ...

So lot's of issues for new reps paying for issues done in the past ...
Pros
Excellent Inventory and shipping ... product line above average
Cons
Credit Department to extrict !!! We are sales people Not bill collectors
interview
sales (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityNovember 16, 2015
I interviewed with them they promised me they would call me back on a certain day if I get the job or not. They never did. I called them back they said they went with another rep. Very unprofessional period.
Would you like some ice cream with your pie in sky?
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 8, 2015
This company has a constant turnover and is not conducive for a professional salesperson to make a decent living. Promises, promises, promises. No existing accounts/territory as promised. Conduct your dog and pony show for an occasional biscuit!
Pros
Cons
everything
autonomy
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  st louisOctober 6, 2015
there was a lot of variety in what I did each day. products were first rate, but methods and equipment were a little monotonous
Work in the evening while your fellow workers come and go as they please
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2015
When I started I thought this was a great place to work and I was on 2nd shift. However you start realize there really isn't enough work for everyone to do on 2nd shift so you start seeing people just go home early. If you need help with projects or anything they won't make them help you and be a team, they will let them go home early and you get to stay until 11pm and work on them yourself. Stockers get paid a lower rate and they will have you help in other depts that actually get paid more than you and you won't get the difference paid to you. They will just expect you to help since you are 2nd shift and 1st shift needs help to finish their work for the day. Also don't let anyone know if you plan on looking for another a job, no matter how close you feel to them because they will then discharge you and claim that you quit. It's not worth the hassle working here. At first I was impressed and then I realized they are very biased on who they have do what. I was also told I was training to take over someone's position because they were leaving but when the managers "relative" decided he wanted to come back to work there, they decided he could have the position and I could be stuck where I was.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, laid back
Cons
made to do other depts work, promise you other positions and don't follow through, lack of management, lots of turn over
Good Company to Work With
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 25, 2015
Good Company to work with if you like commission only sales. Great products and an excellent customer service team.
Kimball Midwest has on going training through their website.
Pros
Customer Service Minded
Cons
No Online Presence
Lacks tactical technology
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CASeptember 14, 2015
they have still not caught up to the necessary technological advances needed to accurately create penetration strategies for territory reps. Lots of overlap and reps not even knowing if a prospect is a current customer until they ask the prospect. Makes the company look like they dont even know their own customers. training is good, however, the building blocks are pressure driven and have no significance overall except to show ability.
Pros
Great Upper Level Leadership
Cons
Field Leadership
nice company
customer service (Current Employee) –  savannah, gaSeptember 13, 2015
its a nice company, great work environment. not a lot of opportunities to grow, great schedule. management is great. i get to take calls and do some inventory, love my breaks and the people i work with.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
not a lot of chance to advance, healthcare benefits
Great place to work!
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2015
I thoroughly loved working for KM, and only left for a job offer in walking distance of my home.
Highly recommend this place!
Antique sales model
Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2015
Originally hired to develop as manager. Regional manager just wanted warm bodies to make his head count. No attention. Rudimentary training. When economy went sour regional manager had a tendency to abandon certain people he didn't care for. Pricing is not competitive.Corporate accounts focus is feckless. Sales training is 80s and 90s model with on site demos, intro pricing and quick fixes. Numerous reps hired in the same market with no effective communication of where to go and not to go. Technology is 15-20 years behind industry. YOU pay for laptops, order entry devices, samples, etc. All this being said, the most ineffective aspect of this organization is the flawed overall management model. Poor communication of basics to the sales force. No ongoing motivational effort on the local level. Clarity is lacking on so many levels.
Pros
Some support staff
Cons
Deficiencies with direct management, Regional manager, IT support, admin services, telesales interference., stumbling over other reps in same geography
Warehouse Worker
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 15, 2015
My typical day included staging pallets, blending and measuring order sample. if i had downtime i would help then bottle line and or sweep.
Outside sales - completely misrepresented! Horrible place to work!
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus OHMarch 9, 2015
I was an outside sales person. With a goal to increase customers, and close at the end of each sale. Supplemental mileage was offered as well as bonuses for hitting certain new customer opening goals. This is a total sham. I was encouraged to sell to my personal friends and return the product after getting commissions. Very dishonest. The pay profile didn't pay you out unless you achieved certain sales goals, which was not clearly explained. Promised territory never came to fruition. I was the third new rep the customers I called on had seen in three months. Also there is no protected territory. Again, told I would have a limited amount of people selling in my market. When in fact there was more than one manager in that market and had additional people on their team. 6 people from 8 of my training class were gone in 6 months time. This is across the US. I tried to quit in month 4, my manager pleaded with me to give it another try. I quit shortly after. I am a very honest, hard working, tenured sales person. I can not work for some where so off of my moral compass. Beware, if you are being recruited!!!
Cons
Dishonest, not professional, please see above statement.
Excellent place to work.
National Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2015
I began my employment with this company when there was only 6 employees. As the company grew, so did my responsibilities. I established departments, standards of performance, corporate plan objectives, budgeting, and various training programs.
Maintenance Repair and Operation Products
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 30, 2014
A solid company with a main focus on growth and profitability.
All about the money.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2014
All about the money. They do not care about you or your family one little bit.
Pros
diverse amount of products
Cons
horrible management.