Kimball Office Employee Reviews

Kimball Office
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, INDecember 5, 2016
Kimball Office is an okay place to work. Alot of times the bosses there will get onto you for stuff you do not do. And I dont like this job environment.
Pros
There are some good people in the factory
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
Great Safety and Lean Culture
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDNovember 7, 2016
Good place to work for if you enjoy a fast paced environment. Excellent Safety, Quality, and Lean Culture. Great Team Members with a lot of Knowledge.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Company re-located
Always busy
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Salem, INSeptember 12, 2016
You are always busy with something to do. Like the old military adage, if you have time to lean, you have time to clean. Which there, you don't really have time for much of either. Production is always at the forefront, if you are not hitting your target, then you are not doing your job. You work 5+ days week, which is good for the paycheck, but not so good if you have a life, especially a spouse and kids.
Excellent Benefits and Job Security
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salem, INAugust 29, 2016
While I was on 1st shift a typical day started at 5am and ended around 4pm. We worked hard, cared for our company and our customers, until I went to 2nd shift. That's when the management on 2nd shift started only caring about the number of units we produced, not the quality of the units. This created a poor work environment for some of my co-workers and myself included.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Not being able to transfer to 1st shift while positions were available
It an ok place to work
General Packer (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 18, 2016
It is an Ok place work. They don't give raises very often. They have a night shift that does not do that much and day shift has to pick up the slack for them.
Pros
you get 2 weeks paid vacation
Cons
They push you way to hard.
Highly potential company with slight blindness to efficient work practices
Purchasing Manager / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJuly 8, 2016
Kimball Office was a good solid company for which to work. Job security was comfortable enough to allow an employee to accomplish responsibilities with confidence. Benefits were sufficient, but could have improved. The blindness of Kimball was that it has developed a guarded work force, the good old boy network of working colleagues. They needed to improve on a balance of bringing more experienced employees in from other companies to improve the infrastructure rather than heavily promoting from internal personnel.
the most stressfull job youll ever have.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Salem, INMay 4, 2016
Kimball Salem just moved their entire post falls branch here in the belief that they would cut costs..instead their entire metal fab is going under due to poor management during the move. They destroyed several machines and have absolutely no organization to where they are setting New lines up. As a result everything falls on the workforce..it is too much to ask of someone for the 13.75 they are willing to pay. If this branch makes it I will be honestly very surprised..
Pros
great coworkers/staff really good people to work with.
Cons
management, pay scale, no room for advancement, short/few breaks and very little respect from upper management..no appreciation at all
Great hours and great place to work
Customer Service/HR Admin (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMay 3, 2016
Kimball Office was a great place to work. The people I worked with were great. Room for advancement. Benefits were fair.
Okay company - lacks direction
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INApril 18, 2016
Company expects a lot from employees, does not always return the loyalty and hard work. Definitely better options out there in the furniture industry.
Fantastic place to work!
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VTApril 7, 2016
I learned so much from the owner. She is a wealth of knowledge and a great employer to work for! Assisting the small town of Bristol, VT and it's local businesses was a delight. From creating business cards, invitations, flyers, blueprint copying, selling office supplies and helping customers with shipments, Kimball Office Services is a vital business in Bristol.
fast pace production
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDApril 1, 2016
productive,fast pace,good pepole to work with.you could talk to management anytime.nice breakrooms and restrooms.good tools and eqiupment.good organization.
Pros
decent benifits
Cons
no raises
Great team work, high energy production facility
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMarch 25, 2016
Worked with great team members. Multiple lines of production. Able to flex to different lines when production low on your line. Too bad they moved 2000 miles away.
A good place to work
Manufacturing Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDAugust 29, 2015
I worked swing shift with a terrific bunch of people! The managers I worked for had positive attitudes and were fair. I learned a lot about quality production and how lean manufacturing works. The hardest part of the job was when we had to work a long stretch of overtime. The best part of the job was interacting with diverse co-workers and learning new things.
Pros
a lot of employee events
Cons
working swing, wasn't able to connect with management at times.
Good place to work. Average wages and benefits for this area. they will be closing the Post Falls, Idaho plant where I work by June of 2016
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJune 11, 2015
Great people. Good work environment. Not very technically challenging. Can be very fast paced. Good location. Flexible work hours. My immediate supervisor is very easy to get along with. They are generally concerned with employees well being both on and off work. there is no opportunity for advancement for my position at my location.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Managed by a corporate headquartered 2000 mile away from the facility I work in, No opportunity for advancement
Like a family
Assembly Line Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMay 25, 2015
I worked at Kimball everyday and the staff there is very friendly. I really like working for Kimball since the day I started. Kimball is about to move to Indiana in the future so I have to find a new job.
Pros
Big paycheck and good benefits
Cons
N/A
Good Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 11, 2015
Although a very good company, Kimball did not respond to the market needs. Management changed frequently and there seemed no direction for introduction of new products.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Short sighted
Productive and wonderful place to work
HR Assistant/Payroll/Admin (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDNovember 10, 2014
I am the administrative assistant for the whole plant. Which means my days are pretty busy, which I like. I do everything from collecting the timesheets, inputting the timesheets, typing, filing, assisting any department when needed.
Good place if you have nothing else to fall back on
Team Lead, Lean Manufacturing Specialist, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJanuary 19, 2014
This is a good place to work if you don't mind dead end jobs. Once you have advanced to the highest position you can get that is where you will stay. The compensation is good for the area the factory is located in.
Pros
401k, good medical insurance
Cons
Nepitism, short breaks
National Office Furniture
Warehouse Worker/Production Line (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INOctober 16, 2013
Very enjoyable place to work as a summer position. Learned a lot about manufacturing. Good management and co workers.
This is a poorly run organizaion without a clue of what it takes to run a successful organizaion!
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMay 23, 2012
This is the worst organizaion to work for. They have an autocratic leadership style, hence lending itself to lack of respect for its workforce. Kimaball's compensation and benefits fit well for Idhao being that of supressing their workforce this is why they moved from California to Idaho. Their leadership has no idea of what it means to have values or a culture which promotes a positive work invironment. Job security and advancement is non existant due to their autocratic approch. Management at Kimball are lacking social skills, and most managers are placed in their position while lacking the skills it takes to be a true leader. In regards to work/life balance Kimball views their employees as nothing more objects. Improvement could be made to Kimball Office if they cleaned house starting with their leadership, mainly with their Human Resource Department. It is sad that my responce will most likely not be taken into consideration.
Pros
it allowed me to continue my education, and taught me how not to manage an organizaion.
Cons
kimball culture, leadership, human resources, operations, benefits, pay scale, advancement oportunities, non existant mission and values.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimball Office. Our community is ready to answer.