Kimball Office Employee Reviews

Grate place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 21, 2017
I love the people I worked with. Love to learn new jobs. The work day went by fast. Had a problem with calling in but got that under control. Supervisor was great to work with.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Penafits wasn't great
Fun. Love it.
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJuly 7, 2017
Blessed to be an employee in this job. I love and miss everyone that i knew and met. I miss everything about it and especially my co-workers. Thank u.
Pros
Bring your own snack. And beautiful cafeteria with vending machines.
Cons
Long breaks. Awesome.
no longer in business
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJune 25, 2017
once again this place went out of business and left a lot of people without jobs. if its good for upper management than do it. they don't get to see the faces of the ones they screwed over.
Cons
Great company with understanding of family values
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 16, 2017
Kimball is a great company to work with the flexibility needed to take care of your family. Work days were fast paced and challenging with a fantastic group of co-workers.
Good working cinditions and friendly coworkers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJanuary 27, 2017
I worked at Kimball Office for over 21 years in a wide verity of positions. I enjoyed my coworkers and supervisors. never got bored as I worked many differant jobs. They gave me great opportunities to give my imput and the ability to make improvment/changes to procedures.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
They moved to Indiana
Great Co-workers
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJanuary 22, 2017
Co-workers are friendly, dedicated, and great to work with, positive and laid-back work environment. Benefits and pay are reasonable. Big company with a small company feel.
Kimball Office
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, INDecember 5, 2016
Kimball Office is an okay place to work. Alot of times the bosses there will get onto you for stuff you do not do. And I dont like this job environment.
Pros
There are some good people in the factory
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
Great Safety and Lean Culture
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDNovember 7, 2016
Good place to work for if you enjoy a fast paced environment. Excellent Safety, Quality, and Lean Culture. Great Team Members with a lot of Knowledge.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Company re-located
Very poor management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, INSeptember 22, 2016
Loved the people that I worked with but there was very poor management skills and communication. Very hot conditions. Also very short breaks. Have to be able to cope with flexible hours.
Pros
30 minute lunch, money
Cons
Short breaks, hot conditions
Always busy
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Salem, INSeptember 12, 2016
You are always busy with something to do. Like the old military adage, if you have time to lean, you have time to clean. Which there, you don't really have time for much of either. Production is always at the forefront, if you are not hitting your target, then you are not doing your job. You work 5+ days week, which is good for the paycheck, but not so good if you have a life, especially a spouse and kids.
Excellent Benefits and Job Security
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salem, INAugust 29, 2016
While I was on 1st shift a typical day started at 5am and ended around 4pm. We worked hard, cared for our company and our customers, until I went to 2nd shift. That's when the management on 2nd shift started only caring about the number of units we produced, not the quality of the units. This created a poor work environment for some of my co-workers and myself included.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Not being able to transfer to 1st shift while positions were available
It an ok place to work
General Packer (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 18, 2016
It is an Ok place work. They don't give raises very often. They have a night shift that does not do that much and day shift has to pick up the slack for them.
Pros
you get 2 weeks paid vacation
Cons
They push you way to hard.
Highly potential company with slight blindness to efficient work practices
Purchasing Manager / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJuly 8, 2016
Kimball Office was a good solid company for which to work. Job security was comfortable enough to allow an employee to accomplish responsibilities with confidence. Benefits were sufficient, but could have improved. The blindness of Kimball was that it has developed a guarded work force, the good old boy network of working colleagues. They needed to improve on a balance of bringing more experienced employees in from other companies to improve the infrastructure rather than heavily promoting from internal personnel.
the most stressfull job youll ever have.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Salem, INMay 4, 2016
Kimball Salem just moved their entire post falls branch here in the belief that they would cut costs..instead their entire metal fab is going under due to poor management during the move. They destroyed several machines and have absolutely no organization to where they are setting New lines up. As a result everything falls on the workforce..it is too much to ask of someone for the 13.75 they are willing to pay. If this branch makes it I will be honestly very surprised..
Pros
great coworkers/staff really good people to work with.
Cons
management, pay scale, no room for advancement, short/few breaks and very little respect from upper management..no appreciation at all
Great hours and great place to work
Customer Service/HR Admin (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMay 3, 2016
Kimball Office was a great place to work. The people I worked with were great. Room for advancement. Benefits were fair.
Okay company - lacks direction
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INApril 18, 2016
Company expects a lot from employees, does not always return the loyalty and hard work. Definitely better options out there in the furniture industry.
Fantastic place to work!
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VTApril 7, 2016
I learned so much from the owner. She is a wealth of knowledge and a great employer to work for! Assisting the small town of Bristol, VT and it's local businesses was a delight. From creating business cards, invitations, flyers, blueprint copying, selling office supplies and helping customers with shipments, Kimball Office Services is a vital business in Bristol.
fast pace production
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDApril 1, 2016
productive,fast pace,good pepole to work with.you could talk to management anytime.nice breakrooms and restrooms.good tools and eqiupment.good organization.
Pros
decent benifits
Cons
no raises
Great team work, high energy production facility
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMarch 25, 2016
Worked with great team members. Multiple lines of production. Able to flex to different lines when production low on your line. Too bad they moved 2000 miles away.
A good place to work
Manufacturing Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDAugust 29, 2015
I worked swing shift with a terrific bunch of people! The managers I worked for had positive attitudes and were fair. I learned a lot about quality production and how lean manufacturing works. The hardest part of the job was when we had to work a long stretch of overtime. The best part of the job was interacting with diverse co-workers and learning new things.
Pros
a lot of employee events
Cons
working swing, wasn't able to connect with management at times.