Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews in United States

Unstable, work home life imbalance expected
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 31, 2015
Kimberly-Clark is a company that provides very competitive wages and benefits to its' salaried workers. It's also a very safe environment with a great culture related to safety.

There is very little accountability. Workers who under perform are rewarded the same as those that perform better. Pay is NOT performance based. It's more related to how well you negotiate getting in and then you get raised based on where you're at in the "range" of your paygrade. Lower in range, higher raise. Higher in range, lower raise. Trying to bring everyone to the middle essentially.

Work-home life is also skewed. They say aloud that you should keep them balanced. Then, they whisper that you're expected to work holidays so it doesn't interrupt the business. They'll tell you no nights, then expect you to work nights multiple times per year to "meet the business need".

It's worth it for the pay if you can deal with the dishonest, hidden culture.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
work-life balance, accountability
No real review process.
Fork Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 30, 2015
I trained with people on the Echo re-winder, where I learned more about it, as I already had some experience.

I had great co-workers.

There wasn't anything hard about the job.

I enjoyed everything about the job. I love working.
Pros
Safety, rewards.
Cons
No true review process.
good company to work for
Distributor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 19, 2015
It is a good company with excellent employees. Safety in all aspects is the number one goal of the company and people within the company. Everyone here plays hard and works even harder. It's a family focused company with the employees best interest at heart.
I worked here for 22 years and loved it
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2015
I started out as a sales representative and became a key account executive.
Was able to travel to many destinations across the US for business.
Was very successful selling paper products for Kimberly Clark.
Good work Environment
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 14, 2015
Good people to work with, some questionable management decisions. Interesting fast paced work, new projects opening new doors for introduction of technology.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCAugust 13, 2015
Go in at 7am or pm and work 12 hrs. Nothing but stocking. Didn't talk to management much. Co-workers stayed to themselves for the most part. I hated the alternating shifts. One week you'd be working days, the others at night. It was very boring and repetitive. It was very easy to do though.
Pros
Many Breaks
Cons
Alternating hours
great place till they shut the doors
Paper Maker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 3, 2015
great company till the end... They did not care about employees that had been there for years & just went for the cheapest way to close the doors & send the machine over seas.. I worked there for 20 plus years and had planed to retire there.
Great Company
Financial Analyst I /II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Great work/life balance with room to grow within the organization. They invest in their people and provide a lot of training for employees across a variety of topics. A great place to start your career.
The best work team
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, RMJuly 17, 2015
The area had a transition and it was the best that could happend.
All teams worked together for achieving the same goal. Was very satisfying working for a group of people were everyone understand the goal and work together for getting there
Good Overall
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 16, 2015
Member of the Process Support Team covering 11 machines.

Great working with multi-functional teams from Staff, Engineering Operations and Maintenance.
great paying job in a team atmosphere
machine op 4 (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJuly 14, 2015
I supplied the lines with product using a fork or paddle tractor, set up and fixed the various machines.ran the dept when lead op was on vacation or sick. also a member of the emergency response team putting out fires and helping with medical emergencies
Pros
nice work atmosphere
Cons
swing shift
A productive place to work with excellent pay.
Forklift /Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  beech island, south carolinaJuly 14, 2015
I drive the forklift to move materials from one part of the plant to the other. I have become a certified forklift driver since being employed here. The hardest part of the job is organizing the break schedules so that everyone can go to break on time. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the co-workers all work together to accomplish the tasks at hand.
Pros
provide incentives for employees
Cons
no breaks sometimes
State of the tissue manufacturing workplace
Asset team Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Beech Island, SCJuly 11, 2015
Develop, plan, and schedule maintenance activities to sustain four tissue converting lines. Schedule internal and external resources to perform preventative/predictive maintenance on all converting assets assigned. Manage and update work order backlogs for each asset. Monitor and maintain consumable replacement parts for all assets. Develop procedures to complete specifics critical tasks. Requisition and expedite resources, parts and equipment as needed. Interact with leaders as well as peers to meet daily requirements
Pros
Good pay and benefits, with paid vacations and holidays.
Cons
Sometimes a stressful environment with high pressure to meet demands.
Great Culture
Procurement (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 7, 2015
Kimberly-Clark has a really good culture. They understand the importance of family and work-life balance. Kimberly-Clark also has begun to focus on helping develop each employee down their desired career path. The one downside to Kimberly-Clark is the location. Kimberly-Clark may have many locations, but the majority of the opportunities are located in Neenah, Wisconsin. Neenah, Wisconsin is a small town with very long and cold winters. Other than the location, Kimberly-Clark is a great company.
Pros
culture, career opportunities
Cons
location
Okay job at first
Line Worker/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 5, 2015
It started out fine. I was getting good hours. But, after a while, they changed the hours, from 12 hours for 4 days one week and 3 days the next to 8 hours for 5 days a week to back to 12 hours for just 3 days a week. And, there would be times when I didn't work the full hours I was supposed to, which made it hard to get 40 hours or more.

Basically, I stuff tampons in a box. Quite frankly, that is boring, which makes trying to stay awake the hardest part of the job. But, the management were okay, and the co-workers kept things from getting too boring.
employee physical therapy on site.
Acid Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 1, 2015
Too many managers, engineer who was extremely qualified but was fired because he was not politically correct.

Kimberly Clark was planning to close mill years before telling anyone, I took a drop in pay twice to transfer to a different department to improve my knowledge and career, not knowing that mill will be closing before benefits would kick in.
Pros
call time for overtime
Cons
mill closure
I Already did this
Logistics Internship (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 30, 2015
I already provided a review for this company.,.... what do you want me to say... I enjoyed my internship and was grateful for the opportunity to work for them for 8 months
short review
Lease Administrator/Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 27, 2015
Real Estate Department layoff of over 100 employees this May. Facilities and real estate department downsized. Good package received with benefits for six months.
Pros
half day Fridays during the summer
Cons
Down Sizing of company
Company Culture
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 17, 2015
Kimberly-Clark has a great corporate culture. They treat the employees well and make sure everyone has a good work/life balance. The leadership team has clear direction and is open to discussing career growth with all of the team members.
Productive, busy and exciting place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCJune 16, 2015
A normal typical day at work was going in and going to the pre-shift meeting. Since I was an operator I did not have to attend the morning meetings anymore. Have to be at my work station and discuss any problems with night shift. I learned about the five s project. I learned how to have a board meeting to communicate with all management teams and associates to discuss issues and safety in the work areas. The hardest part of the job is working with product that was not coming in correctly on the machines. Also the warehouse and the heat. The fun parts of the job was when we had three days of activities and every shift participated. It was called safety days.
Pros
Holiday dinners, and safety day givaways of free product.
Cons
loud noise, and hi production days