Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews

Open atmosphere
Research and Engineering Co-Op: Medical Devices (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 2, 2015
It was great being able to interact with many levels of the organization as a co op. Everyone was very willing to help out and answer any and all questions without hesitation. Exploration of different pathways within the company were always encouraged.
It was a good job
Assembly Line Packer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 28, 2015
It was not a hard job. The management was nice. The environment was clean. We worked 10 hour days. My most enjoyable part was that it was no stress on the job.
Co-op Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCApril 27, 2015
This was a co-op position while I was attending college. My daily duties was to work along side one of the electrical engineers and assist with working on the PLC programs or figuring out what might be a better way incorporate safety shutoffs into the machinery to mitigate work related injury.
I learned a lot about what went into designing safety protocols and all the planning that went into creating better program for equipment to operate on for smoother operation.
I was paired up with some very intelligent engineers who really knew their job and were great mentors to me.
The hardest part is that it was only a co-op position and that when the semester ended so did the job.
Pros
Clothing alowance, excellent pay
Cons
It was only a co-op position
excellent place to work with some respectably kind coworkers
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work at Kimberly Clark we had morning meeting at the Machine while we worked. Line lead would give us a run down of how the machine ran on the previous shift and what our assignments and goals were for the day. I learned to be a back up line lead ,a trainer for the machine,how to clean and change out parts on machine , and how to be part of a great Team. Management was in contact with machine operators on a daily basis so we could problem solve or make adjustments We worked as a team and I enjoyed the open door policy with management. Coworkers were always working as a team our moto was your only as good as your weakest link. so therefor everyone was brought up to speed on learning the machine and training classes were always offered. The hardest part of the job would be the rotating shifts from days to graves every other tour. The most enjoyable part of the job was working hard and feeling you accomplished what you set as a daily goal. also working side by side with some kind people that were always willing to help each other out so we could get the machine running safely to the best of our ability in a timely manner.
Pros
free dinners for meeting our goals as a team, free product twice a year, safety games monthly to always have a safe enviroment win product bags
Cons
rotating shifts
Very Productive
coordinator (Current Employee) –  roswellApril 14, 2015
Daily changes with many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Because the days are highly variable, it is sometimes difficult to plan out ones' day.
A boring Place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTMarch 31, 2015
The money is good but the people and the shifts are hard to deal with. If you don't mind working all night and dealing with gossip, then this is the job for you.
Project Scientist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 29, 2015
Amazing Company with great people and great opportunity for growth and exposure to leadership. Opportunity to work with cross functional teams and manufacturing.
37 years
Integrated Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 28, 2015
Thirty-seven years with the same company, seen many changes, variety of work is great, no two days are ever the same. Not sure how much more I need to add.
Very productive and satisfying project work.
Engineering Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 20, 2015
Excellent work environment. Good opportunity to advance in the cross functional responsibilities.

A typical days at work involved collaboration with Maketing, Manufacturing, Planning and Packaging. Co-workers are team players with a common goal in mind.

The hardest part was to mainain timeline of the project with scope changes due to the dynamic conditions of the market place with competitive products.

Most enjoyable and satisfying part of job was to see the new or improved products on the market place.
Pros
fexible work schedule
Cons
work life balance
Great place to work becuase they cared about the people.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 19, 2015
KC was a great place to work. I worked their for 30 plus years of my life. I loved my job and the people i worked with were like family/
Pros
safety was number one.
Cons
2008 the company started to only care about money.
high paced but lots of opportunities and great people
Process Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Beech Island, SCMarch 17, 2015
There are lots of opportunities for advancement and relocation, and the work is challenging/rewarding. Awesome pay and benefits.
Na
Regional Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 16, 2015
Well in the admin field there is no "typical" day. You can be pulled in multiple directions from the start of the day. My co-workers were fantastic as well as the company. I believe in their products and was always proud to work there.

Hardest part was leaving. But it is time for a change and I look forward to new beginnings.
Great Place to Develop Potential
Distribution Specialist - Center of Excellence (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 15, 2015
Working at Kimberly-Clark is great for unleashing my full potential in a business environment. Management encourages me to seek out and accomplish my own initiatives while ensuring I set realistic goals not only for myself but for the rest of the company as well.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
sporadic layoffs
Safety is #1 value
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 14, 2015
Challenging environment seeking continuous improvement; Safety is #1 value; great working relationships; employees have desire/understanding of why they need to seek continuous improvement;
Pros
continuous improvement
Cons
hard to get employee buy-in on change
Production/ Warehouse
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 14, 2015
This job was through a temp service, that paid 8.00 and hour. The shifts were 12 hours and 30 minutes breaks. Also the job was a little boring
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Beech Island, SCMarch 12, 2015
Peaceful atmosphere and a diverse environment. Great benefits offered to employees. Array of developmental training to employees to develop leadership roles and achieve personal goals. Perhaps one of the top notch companies in the CSRA.
Pros
great salary
Cons
rotating shifts
Once a forward thinking company, but not anymore
Manager (Former Employee) –  Neenah WIMarch 11, 2015
Re-organizes every 4-5 years and always state that "this one is the last one".

Co-workers are wonderful and extremely hard workers. Just can't trust upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Poor upper management/leadership
Safeway Customer Sales Team
Customer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 11, 2015
Competitive, Challenging but rewarding sales team environment. Sales team responsible to deliver budget and brand initiatives by working with customer and providing story supported w/ analytics.
Productive and skilled employees, great to work with.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAMarch 5, 2015
Great place to work, everyday was a new challenge. I learned a lot in my position, always attending seminars and classes to further my knowledge and skills. I also learned a great deal from my peers and management, as they were always available and approachable. The toughest part of the job was time management. As I was responsible for scheduling my work days. The most enjoyable part of the job were my customers and my peers.
Kimberly-Clark
Director I Channel Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Kimberly-Clark was a great place to work. They have the best products in the industry and management is outstanding. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with each day. Best part was helping customers chose the best KC products for their facility.
Pros
great company
Cons
strong competition