Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews

Awesome atmosphere
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 19, 2014
My first day at work I found my co-workers to be very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
I learned how to operate a forklift, scissor lift and genie boom. Also how to help run diaper machines
Also, shipping/receiving, load/unload, rt scanning.
Management is very concerned for the employees safety. With the heavy equipment and machinery used there, they were very aware of the dangers and were always working on ways to ensure the safety of the employees.
The hardest part was the 12hr shift work.
The most enjoyable part was overcoming the neverending challenges.
Pros
Great benefits, great company all around.
Cons
12hr. Shift work, rotating every week
I liked my Job and learned the paper making process.
Panel operator\Save-all operator (Former Employee) –  Winslow, MEAugust 18, 2016
I worked shift work for 22 years in a variety of paper making jobs in different depts. I was a member of the Scott Safety Committee and worked with other members in completing the OSHA 200 project.
Pros
worked with friends and family
Cons
plant closure
KC was a very competitive company with a strong emphasis on family !
PROCESS EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 14, 2013
Working for KC was one of the best experiences of my life. I worked there for almost 19 years and would still be there had it not been for an off duty accident. I found that if an individual wanted to advance in company, all you had to do is work hard, take advantage of any opportunity to train in any area that will help you meet your goals, and always do your job with an attention to detail along with an emphasis on excellence. I see some of the complaints that some people convey using this format, but not until you go out and work for other companies, do you truly understand what a great company that you have worked for with Kimberly-Clark. I owe this organization a lot when it comes to my overall development as a productive member of our areas workforce. It all began with KC when I was 21 years old. I also made some life-long friendships while working there. I guess that I don't have to end this review with how I feel about KC, but here goes: I LOVED IT!!!!!
Pros
Friends, compensation, and opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Cons
Good benefit package, very safe and comfortable working environment, the hardest part of the job is initially learning the complex machinery and worki
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OKJune 30, 2016
Good benefit package, very safe and comfortable working environment, the hardest part of the job is initially learning to operate the complex machinery and working the rotating days to nights, If I did not have to work nights I would have stayed there forever!
employee physical therapy on site.
Acid Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 1, 2015
Too many managers, engineer who was extremely qualified but was fired because he was not politically correct.

Kimberly Clark was planning to close mill years before telling anyone, I took a drop in pay twice to transfer to a different department to improve my knowledge and career, not knowing that mill will be closing before benefits would kick in.
Pros
call time for overtime
Cons
mill closure
Productive and Fun workplace with Freestyle Coke Machine
CAD Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARNovember 5, 2014
I've worked for KC for nearly 7 yrs. I always stay busy whether its mechanical, electrical, or layout drawings using AutoCAD or Solidworks. I really like the people that I work with. I would say that there is no hard part of the job. I enjoy everything that i do at Kimberly Clark to be honest.
The reason why I am looking for another job is because I've been a contract worker for KC all this time that I have put in with them. I am ready to get a job with a company that I would feel that I am a part of. I dont get the benefits and the perks that people employed within a company do.
Pros
Freestyle Coke Machine - Over 100 flavors to choose from.
Cons
Contract Worker
productive and simple with a nice environment.
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, GAJune 21, 2016
productive and simple with a nice environment I really enjoyed working there. Ive learned a lot and I met some new faces. the management was good, and I could get along with all my employees.
Pros
free lunches and easy labor.
Cons
only one break.
Good company, but difficult to advance.
Quality Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 25, 2016
Overall, K-C is a good company. However; opportunities for advancement are quite limited. Advancement opportunities are usually reserved for millennial employees who rarely stay with the company for more than 5 years,
Pros
Average pay.
Cons
Opportunities for advancement are quite limited.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 2, 2016
As a Quality Inspector I learned to manage time wisely when multi-tasking. Co-workers were friendly, team players who always loved a challenge and willing to learn.
Dedicated to lean manufacturing principles
COST ANALYST III (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2015
KC is a world class organization that prides itself on making excellent consumer products and the lowest possible cost.
Pros
Strong training
Cons
Minimal fringe benefits
Well paying job with good benefits and a good schedule. But shady dealings with management and corporate.
Safety coordinator/ Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 23, 2012
A very challenging and rewarding job. People were awesome to work with. Like most places it was work, so work isn't always fun. We worked rotating shift work 12 hour shifts. We had overtime opportunities all the time. Hardest part of the job was trying to break in the new people. Our machine was so massive that people were intimidated very easily. Breaking them of their fear so they can focus in actually training was the most difficult part of the job. There was physical work aswell but that is just part of it.
Pros
pay, benefits, shifts
Cons
lots
Ware house environment.
Forklift Operator/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCJuly 5, 2016
There was a lot of walking to get to your area in this job. Never seemed to be anywhere close to the parking lot. Always really loud just about anywhere you were besides the break room. The shift rotation was not consistent at all. Very disruptive.
Pros
Clean break room
Cons
Short breaks, work area hard to get to
Great People & Good Benefits
Raw Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 25, 2015
Kimberly-Clark does a lot of things right and it's a great place to learn about business. Employees practice the highest ethical standards and the culture is amazing. Open-door policy, young talent, and friendly co-workers make this company great to work for.

The salary is average and the benefits are excellent. Flexible Work Arrangements available and encouraged. Vacation is decent, but can be difficult to take because of how much is going on in the business.
Pros
FWAs, WFH, Culture
Cons
Size
A reasonable place to work
Technical Leader (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 19, 2016
Overall, K-C is a good company to work for. It comes with the typical large company problems and advantages. I found advancement opportunities to be very limited for skilled professionals.
Un Organized Working Environment
Temp service (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work putting tampons in box . I learned how to work around negative co workers also how to work faster then usual on a busy days. Management was okay there they didn't care what happened as long you was there. My co workers was always angry cause they didn't think the pay rate fit the work which it didn't working 12 hours only getting 8 dollars an hour. Hardest part of the job is to meet the daily expectations without half of the crew members. The most enjoyable part of that job was going home early.
Pros
Three 30 Minutes Breaks
Non union
QC Inspector, Special Projects, Production (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJuly 23, 2012
equal pay for men and women, jobs were not based on gender, management, even at the highed level treated all with the utmost respect, safety was a priority over every aspect of the jobs, training was available for higher education in almost any field, people were recognized and rewarded for their goal acheivements, it was a true TEAM environment. I worked with Kimberly-Clark Corporation for 25 yrs. and it was the best job I ever had!!
Pros
non union, high pay, excellent benefits, integrity from all of management
great
Transportation Operations Technician (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2016
Great place, challenging work. Environment is work minded and sometimes fun. I enjoy working here and learning new ways to grow craft.
Pros
challenging, treadmills, diverse
Cons
no open positions
Ethical and caring culture
Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 4, 2016
Fair expectations of employees.
Best perk: Memorial Day to Labor Day they give half work on Friday.

Great company with strong focus on the brands.
Lots of change in IT dept this year.
Decisions are made even slower than other large companies.
Pros
Everyone is nice
Cons
lack of clear direction
Great place to work.
OSL (Operation Shift Lead) (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 5, 2016
Great place to work. They always put the customers first. Management is good they do care about the Employees. My co-workers were all team players and very supportive of my new Lead roll. I enjoy being part of the leadership, but most of all I enjoy being part of a great team.
Excellent Culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 26, 2016
Kimberly Clark is a great company which throws lot of learning opportunities to learn and excel.

I have had great team and the management is equally great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimberly-Clark. Our community is ready to answer.