Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews in United States

Okay job at first
Line Worker/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 5, 2015
It started out fine. I was getting good hours. But, after a while, they changed the hours, from 12 hours for 4 days one week and 3 days the next to 8 hours for 5 days a week to back to 12 hours for just 3 days a week. And, there would be times when I didn't work the full hours I was supposed to, which made it hard to get 40 hours or more.

Basically, I stuff tampons in a box. Quite frankly, that is boring, which makes trying to stay awake the hardest part of the job. But, the management were okay, and the co-workers kept things from getting too boring.
was a good company
Commodity management (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 14, 2012
KC changed over the 20 years I was there. At first I had many opportunities and I actually enjoyed various challanges there. Over the years I noticed a shift in their values and everything moved towards money money money. We used to partner with our vendors and it changed to us being dictators. Then in 2003, KC downsized and eliminated my position. I was still in the partner mode and no longer fit the new culture.
Pros
salary
Cons
unreliable employment
excellent wages/benefits
mega pack machine operator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 9, 2012
7 day rotating shifts-day,swing,night-8 hours then 4 twelve hour shifts -2 days/2 nights. learned to operate and adjust product packaging equipment/problem resolution. worked without supervision. co-workers difficult. non-professional environment, co-workers free to treat each other as they wish. co-workers the hardest part of the job/work not a problem for those with good work ethic. enjoyable: resolving problems to enhance production.
Pros
wages/benefits
Cons
rotating shift work
Rapidly going downhill with loss of care for their employees
Payroll & Tax Administrator - Global Mobility (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 13, 2013
With the need for cost savings at an all time high, managers are looking for any way to cut costs, and they are doing it most strongly by outsourcing jobs and kicking employees to the curb. The employees remaining are taking on two or three jobs and being penalized for not getting the job done.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no job security
Productive, busy and exciting place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCJune 16, 2015
A normal typical day at work was going in and going to the pre-shift meeting. Since I was an operator I did not have to attend the morning meetings anymore. Have to be at my work station and discuss any problems with night shift. I learned about the five s project. I learned how to have a board meeting to communicate with all management teams and associates to discuss issues and safety in the work areas. The hardest part of the job is working with product that was not coming in correctly on the machines. Also the warehouse and the heat. The fun parts of the job was when we had three days of activities and every shift participated. It was called safety days.
Pros
Holiday dinners, and safety day givaways of free product.
Cons
loud noise, and hi production days
Great Company
Financial Analyst I /II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Great work/life balance with room to grow within the organization. They invest in their people and provide a lot of training for employees across a variety of topics. A great place to start your career.
Great place to work but no permanent positions available
Freight Approval Technician Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corryton, TNOctober 25, 2015
This is a great place to work but there are no permanent positions available. Manager is wonderful. Has flex hours along with working from home 1 day per week. People are wonderful. Job duties are detailed but challenging.
Pros
Flex Hours, Work from Home 1 day week, people are great
Cons
No Cons
Friendly and safe enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 24, 2015
Start each shift with meeting, put on proper PPE and head out to production floor. Go to my line releave coworker and resume where last shift finnished.
Pros
Benffets, four-30min breaks, frendly and safe
Cons
N/A
Headquarter location with great people and benefits. Strong commitment to local charities.
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 25, 2013
Very fast paced environment with an evolving culture. Great opportunities provided for self improvement through onsite classes and seminars. Great co-workers.
Pros
great benefits including a health center.
Cons
very limited room for advancement.
Good place to work for the most part
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 24, 2014
This is a pretty good company to work for with a few exceptions. There tends to be some favoritism when promoting internally and the tour work is hard to get used to. There are many temporary positions that allow employees to gain different types of experience while working there.
Pros
paid lunches, good benefits, lot of free product
Cons
tour work, favoritism
Fortune 500 Company?
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIOctober 24, 2015
After a long career it did not seem that my time and experience was valued. Several down sizing cycles left many with a sour taste.
Fast paced, independant work environment.
Baby & Child Care Division Brand Trade Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 30, 2014
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
management, little room for advancement
Good pay and benefits
Winder operator #4 (Former Employee) –  Everett WAFebruary 27, 2012
Good pay and benefits, but 6 bosses for every actual worker heckeling you while you are trying to do your job. These people complain everyday about how much the workers are paid! The salaried bosses were in the way, and often carried laptop computer which they used to re programm the software based machinery to malfunction!
Pros
good union, pay and benefits
Cons
bosses in the way, compressed rotataing shifts, illrelevent company training!
People are great and everyone wants to help
Manager of Commercial Dispenser Installation (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2015
allowed you to grow and make decisions. When made mistakes management worked with you as to how better to handle for future situations.
Interesting work, poor management
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXApril 5, 2014
Worked here for 10 years. Paris plant has reduced machinery/lines to 1/2 of their output 5 years ago. No raises for last three years. Paris has little to offer young families. Would be ok for a "experience" position. Would not consider long term.
Pros
technology
Cons
shift work, rotates across 4 shifts 7 days a week.
Fun, safety oriented workplace
Machine Operator/Technician (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMarch 14, 2014
The work schedule, benefits, and pay are fantastic. The management works to make the environment pleasant and productive. Unfortunately, it is manufacturing. Therefore, it is one of the first industries to lay off when there are economy and/or sales issues.
Pros
pay, benefits, 401k
Cons
12 hour shifts are kind of long
You knew you were working at a VERY GOOD place
Technician, Machine operator (Former Employee) –  WIOctober 2, 2013
So many benefits from this company,they put the shirts on your back and the shoes on your feet. Excellent wages and Ins,.along with many classes to improve yourself. They really did put safety over production and this was demonstrated often. Cook outs and pizza parties were the norm. Too bad the mill had to close.
Pros
a world class company that treated it's employees right
Very productive and satisfying project work.
Engineering Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 20, 2015
Excellent work environment. Good opportunity to advance in the cross functional responsibilities.

A typical days at work involved collaboration with Maketing, Manufacturing, Planning and Packaging. Co-workers are team players with a common goal in mind.

The hardest part was to mainain timeline of the project with scope changes due to the dynamic conditions of the market place with competitive products.

Most enjoyable and satisfying part of job was to see the new or improved products on the market place.
Pros
fexible work schedule
Cons
work life balance
10 hour, 4 day a week work week
Associat production 4 (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2013
I enjoyed the 3 day weekends. Management was a little out of control. They over looked some real good employees to raise up personal choice people for personal resonds.
Pros
great bennefits
Cons
clean room invierment. no makeup, jewlery, purfume.
good place to work
Journeyman Pipefitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 22, 2012
The days at work were bery busy making the days fly by.I learned how to manage my days. Most of the management was easy to work with. The best part of the day was my co-workers, The hardest part of the job was keeping all of the jobs on time. Working with all of the people in the mill.
Pros
the pay and benifits