Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews

A work place that's easy to get alone with the co-workers. Also, a fun environment if you are a peoples person.
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARSeptember 20, 2012
It's a good company to work for but,i'm really looking for something with more hours per pay period or more bi-weekly. My co-workers are easy to get allow with no problem at all in that catergory. The most enjoyable part are the three day weekend. And, those are every other week. The hardest part about the job is the long drive that I have to take to get to the job. The management is very good also no complaints there at all. A typical day at work will be removing finished material from the conveyor line using a forklift. Alot of days I will run two lines so therefor I have to move fast but,safe.
Pros
the benefits and the off-days are excellent.
Cons
the job doesn't give enough hours per week. i need more hours that's not allowed.
Fast paced, independant work environment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 30, 2012
Work on a rotating 12-hour, compressed work-week schedule. I learned how to use computer systems (MS-Word, Excell, Power-Point, etc), learned how to become proficient with logistics, as well as the operation and maintenance of a wide variety of mechanical and electrical equipment used in the mass production of pulp and paper, working safely with HAZMAT. I got along well with co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines with production demands, but this was completed successfully. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was the efficient processes we developed, using communication and experience, to keep a very safe work environment.
Pros
safe operation, good benefits and wages.
Very productive and satisfying project work.
Engineering Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 20, 2015
Excellent work environment. Good opportunity to advance in the cross functional responsibilities.

A typical days at work involved collaboration with Maketing, Manufacturing, Planning and Packaging. Co-workers are team players with a common goal in mind.

The hardest part was to mainain timeline of the project with scope changes due to the dynamic conditions of the market place with competitive products.

Most enjoyable and satisfying part of job was to see the new or improved products on the market place.
Pros
Fexible work schedule
Cons
Work life balance
Fast paced, independant work environment.
Baby & Child Care Division Brand Trade Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 30, 2014
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
management, little room for advancement
Great Company
SAP Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 30, 2015
Good culture of work hard and get rewarded. Great people to work with/for.Management is very hands off as long as work is being done and milestones are met with your projects. Co-workers are easy to work with. The job is not hard if you are skilled and know what you're doing The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that surround you at Kimberly-Clark.
Company Culture
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 17, 2015
Kimberly-Clark has a great corporate culture. They treat the employees well and make sure everyone has a good work/life balance. The leadership team has clear direction and is open to discussing career growth with all of the team members.
Network Security SME Kimberly-Clark
Senior Security Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 21, 2012
Kimberly-Clark IT is outsourced to a third party in India, with the exception of several Subject Matter Experts. The job is fast paced and challenging and all in all, K-C is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, ok compensation, great work/life balance
Cons
outsourced it, teams can contain silos, difficult to make decisions.
Great atmosphere
Senior IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 30, 2016
Lots of opportunity to cross-train in other areas of the business.

K-C has very good controls in place for their IT environment. Never on the bleeding edge - but always ensuring security and stability.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Not every manager is great at managing remote teams - this is improving!
Awesome atmosphere
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 19, 2014
My first day at work I found my co-workers to be very welcoming, friendly and helpful.
I learned how to operate a forklift, scissor lift and genie boom. Also how to help run diaper machines
Also, shipping/receiving, load/unload, rt scanning.
Management is very concerned for the employees safety. With the heavy equipment and machinery used there, they were very aware of the dangers and were always working on ways to ensure the safety of the employees.
The hardest part was the 12hr shift work.
The most enjoyable part was overcoming the neverending challenges.
Pros
Great benefits, great company all around.
Cons
12hr. Shift work, rotating every week
KC was a very competitive company with a strong emphasis on family !
PROCESS EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSAugust 14, 2013
Working for KC was one of the best experiences of my life. I worked there for almost 19 years and would still be there had it not been for an off duty accident. I found that if an individual wanted to advance in company, all you had to do is work hard, take advantage of any opportunity to train in any area that will help you meet your goals, and always do your job with an attention to detail along with an emphasis on excellence. I see some of the complaints that some people convey using this format, but not until you go out and work for other companies, do you truly understand what a great company that you have worked for with Kimberly-Clark. I owe this organization a lot when it comes to my overall development as a productive member of our areas workforce. It all began with KC when I was 21 years old. I also made some life-long friendships while working there. I guess that I don't have to end this review with how I feel about KC, but here goes: I LOVED IT!!!!!
Pros
Friends, compensation, and opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Great People & Good Benefits
Raw Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 25, 2015
Kimberly-Clark does a lot of things right and it's a great place to learn about business. Employees practice the highest ethical standards and the culture is amazing. Open-door policy, young talent, and friendly co-workers make this company great to work for.

The salary is average and the benefits are excellent. Flexible Work Arrangements available and encouraged. Vacation is decent, but can be difficult to take because of how much is going on in the business.
Pros
FWAs, WFH, Culture
Cons
Size
Headquarter location with great people and benefits. Strong commitment to local charities.
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 25, 2013
Very fast paced environment with an evolving culture. Great opportunities provided for self improvement through onsite classes and seminars. Great co-workers.
Pros
great benefits including a health center.
Cons
very limited room for advancement.
employee physical therapy on site.
Acid Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 1, 2015
Too many managers, engineer who was extremely qualified but was fired because he was not politically correct.

Kimberly Clark was planning to close mill years before telling anyone, I took a drop in pay twice to transfer to a different department to improve my knowledge and career, not knowing that mill will be closing before benefits would kick in.
Pros
call time for overtime
Cons
mill closure
Great place to work and wonderful people to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2015
Traveled to several stores in any given day in my territory.
Say hello to the managers, finding out if they had any concerns, letting them know what I would be doing for them that day.
Verify that all our products that were carried by the store were in the store and had proper shelf presence. Replace any missing product or shelf tags.
Sell display, build displays, take displays down.
Find manager and let him/her know what was done.
Pros
Learned a firm foundation to build my merchandising career on
Cons
It was only part time
Fantastic workplace
Corporate Transportation Analyst - Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2012
Working for Kimberly Clark was a great experience. I learned a lot about the supply chain and the every day operations of consumer products and distribution. The management were always there to help when needed, as well as the co-workers. Fantastic work-life balance at this position (work from home one day a week and half-day Fridays during the summer months). It was stressful at times, but there's a great support staff to help get things done in a timely manner.
Pros
great management, great postive atmosphere
Balanced life-work environment with bias in favor of men with families
Assoc. Marketing Director, Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 21, 2014
Although from the outside KC might seem like an open, female-friendly workplace, in reality, mainly if not all men make business and hiring decisions, and either hire their friends or ex-colleagues to continue the all-male, all-white culture.

As a female, most of the conversations directed at me were related to my need for children, the importance of family (i.e. children), and the importance of church - discussed openly in private meetings at work.

Finally, most competent women, if not all, were either not promoted, not allowed to apply for promotions, for suspicious circumstances, while less qualified males applied for promotions and were in fact promoted without rationale.

In addition, a culture of drinking, offense language by management, and a total absence of good business decisions (i.e. no fully transparent, professional budgets, product launch deadlines, performance reviews - they were agreed to by the parties before being submitted so that the politics, of upmost importance, would be protected),

An altogether unprofessional, male-oriented, old-school place to work that seems out of place in 2014.
Pros
Very limited work hours; invitations to shop, take long lunches, long happy hours, etc.
Cons
Women not promoted, women encouraged to have children, women objectified.
Non union
QC Inspector, Special Projects, Production (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJuly 23, 2012
equal pay for men and women, jobs were not based on gender, management, even at the highed level treated all with the utmost respect, safety was a priority over every aspect of the jobs, training was available for higher education in almost any field, people were recognized and rewarded for their goal acheivements, it was a true TEAM environment. I worked with Kimberly-Clark Corporation for 25 yrs. and it was the best job I ever had!!
Pros
non union, high pay, excellent benefits, integrity from all of management
Poorly managed
FM Strategy (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 21, 2015
Local management has several managers who were promoted because of who they know, not what they know.
The KC culture solves problems similar to the way the children's story of the three little pigs.
First they develop many processes and policies that will warn them of a potential problem,
Then they hire large volumes of new colleagues (who are later outsource) to identify problems.
They never understand the importance of the last piggy's actions. who eliminated the problem.

KC rarely eliminates the problem,
WHY because the management who are in charge are not qualified in there fields and are not confident enough to risk making a change. remember they manipulated the situation to place themselves in a better position, so they are not replaced by a new comer, because KC down size every couple of years, KC management culture is take as much knowledge from the new colleagues to better themselves. they call this building talent - "their own"

SO if you are thinking of working for KC, know up front they will want to know all you know, because they are preparing for the next round of down sizing.

The KC world headquarters is in Dallas, after a trip there they asked me why is Neenah so dysfunctional, So Dallas is well aware of the management culture and allow it to remain dysfunctional.

In my 30 years of working through out the Midwest, KC tops the chart for lack of Integrity.

Best of Luck,
Pros
FWA
Cons
They are a Bait and Switch company.
10 hour, 4 day a week work week
Associat production 4 (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2013
I enjoyed the 3 day weekends. Management was a little out of control. They over looked some real good employees to raise up personal choice people for personal resonds.
Pros
great bennefits
Cons
clean room invierment. No makeup, jewlery, purfume.
Good people, job security
Operations Manager - Tissue Converting (TC) (Current Employee) –  New Milford, CTFebruary 23, 2013
Decent pay, benefits. Traditional culture. Good people. Job security. Work life balance could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimberly-Clark. Our community is ready to answer.