Kimble Companies is seeking a candidate with experience in Auto CAD and Arc GIS for our mining and landfill operations. Will support various day-to-day data management tasks for Auto CAD and GIS data projects. Will require a blend of technical aptitude, data management, and the ability to communicate effectively with people in a team environment. We are looking to add technical as well as strategic skills in Auto Cad and GIS as it becomes an integral part of survey data management, workflows and infrastructure management.
The responsibilities of the GIS Technician include the following:
- Plot, check, correct, and file engineering drawings and maps in hard copy and Auto CAD. Demonstrate understanding of Auto CAD in a manner sufficient to ensure drawing integrity with respect to accurate drawing numbers and revisions.
- Develop and maintain 3D Geologic Models of assigned permits using planning software.
- Ability to work in conjunction with other team members to ensure data files are accurately built and project schedule deadlines are met.
- Analyze applicable reports, drawings, blueprints, tests, and related documentation to plan and design projects.
- May visit mining sites as part of the project team.
- Plan and conduct surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations, summaries, schedules, and cost estimates; meet with representatives of other departments to coordinate planning and scheduling activities.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Access
- Experience with GPS data including collection, correction and integration into existing mapping products
- Ability to edit and interpolate contours
- Experience with Auto CAD 2007 or newer software preferred
- Experience with other CAD platforms, such as Carlson preferred
- Associate's degree in geography, GIS, Surveying, Auto CAD or closely related field or work experience is required
- At least three years of experience with Auto CAD or related software.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelors degree in geography, GIS, Surveying, Auto CAD or closely related field preferred
Apply in person: 3596 St. Rt. 39 NW, Dover, Ohio
EOE and Drug Free Employer
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Kimble Companies maintain a leading edge in offering single-source environmental management services to oil and natural gas producers...