The Kimble Companies’ Landfill Manager works under general direction and independently; organizes, develops and manages the business activities (administrative, financial, human resources, operations, engineering & construction) of Penn Ohio Coal’s (POC) landfill, transfer & recycling facilities.
The Landfill Manager performs the following tasks on a regular basis:
- Plans, coordinates, and directs the operation of POC’s landfill, transfer station / truck-trailer solid waste hauling units, and recycling operations.
- Initiates and reviews, for approval by the president; hiring, termination, performance evaluation, disciplinary and / or commendatory actions for all assigned personnel.
- Maintains record and other reports as required.
- Prepares, monitors, and controls the budget for all operations under the solid waste business units. Makes profit & loss projections as required.
- Develops, recommends and implements operating policies, procedures, and programs to affect the efficient and effective operation of the solid waste business units.
- Plans and recommends short and long range goals and objectives. Assists in the development of a five year strategic plan for solid waste transfer, disposal and recycling facilities. Recommends business development opportunities to enhance current solid waste companies.
- Supervises the landfill & transfer station managers with the objective of providing the safest, most cost effective landfill, transfer & recycling operation possible.
- Oversees preventive maintenance of equipment as well as major overhauls and repairs.
- Provides training for personnel regarding the safe & proper operation of all equipment, landfill, transfer & recycling facilities, as well as proper construction and safety procedures.
- Coordinates engineering and permitting for the landfill, transfer & recycling facilities. Submits alterations to the approved plans as required.
- Ensures compliance with all governmental requirements and corrects any deficiencies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees construction of facility infrastructure as approved by all regulatory agencies, including: cap, liner, roadways, drainage structure, sediment ponds, ground water monitoring wells, air emissions (dust), and landfill gas systems as required.
- Timely coordinates outside contractors, surveyors and engineers regarding facility permitting and construction needs with the goal of uninterrupted operations.
- Coordinates landfill sales with Kimble Recycling and Disposal as well as others, to increase facility revenues.
- Reviews proposed Ohio rules and regulations which impact solid waste operations. Recommends appropriate changes to the rules prior to their enactment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Geology, Biology or related science and 4 years experience in landfill engineering or environmental compliance in air, water, and solid waste.
Preferred Background & Experiences:
- Certified Professional Engineer and/or Certified Professional Geologist designation preferred.
Knowledge & Competencies:
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to air, water, and solid waste; material recovery/recycling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers, vendors and government agency representatives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to the Company.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, AutoCAD drawings, blueprints, or governmental regulations.
Comprehensive Hospitalization Plan
Paid Vacation and Holidays
401K with Company match
Section 125 Benefits:
Flexible Spending Account – medical & dependent care
Apply in person: 3596 St. Rt. 39 NW, Dover, Ohio
EOE and Drug Free Employer