Kimco Staffing

Better than most agencies but has their issues......
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Easy work, Temp to hire, mangement is friendly
Cons: no raises, cut hours, repetitive work
The recruiter was great, the one thing that stood out for me is that he offered me three or four positions that match my job skills including the job that I was assigned to, unlike other agencies that just like to put you in any job with out giving you a detail job description or just like to mass recruit. It was great to have options and other jobs pay above ten, but problem was a resume was required so I took a picker/packer job which is what I wanted anyways. As for issues with agency, sometimes they were late on payday citing reason for "Updating our new System" (whatever that means??). Also, when trying to get a personal day off the female recruiters would hassle and almost go out of their way into finding out why are you requesting a day off (REALLY!!???). As for the job itself, it was easy, I was picking and packing furniture, typical day at work was the lead would hand out order tickets and workers would walk around from location to location with RF scanner, cart and radio. Radio was used to report any damaged or missing items in locations when picking or packing. Job for the most times would be dusty and repetitive. I was able to obtain certification for electric pallet jack by Kimco but no raise. Management was friendly and was helpful on any questions you had, also like how they were more focused on accuracy rather than speed. Co-workers were great and easy to get along with but a lot of them quit mostly because they didn't like the job or let go because of attendance so you kind of had to try to get fired lol. The job was temp to hire but unfortunately the pay raise – more... was not good, the hours were cut from 8 to 6 a day but would work from Monday to Friday. I learned that the company had recently open, the 2nd shift I was in was only open basically to prevent from 1st shift to do overtime. I left the job for better pay and 40+ hours. All in all it was a great experience I wish I was in 1st shift to least to get 40 hours a week and I wouldn't mind going back if they let me. – less
Its an agency and they are constant with assigning you work, but they are usually short term.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: They do have plenty of jobs to offer but again they are usually temporary
Cons: most jobs are short term, and you have to adjust to a new work environment constantly
I had a great experience, the only downfall is that most jobs they offer are temporary and don't really have the opportunity to turn into regular full-time employment with the company you are assigned to.
Descent
Crew Member (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Workout
Cons: Tired
Descent for a where house job.Of course hard work and occasionally heavy lifting expected from a Where house job but it was a great experience.
Good Experience...
Finance / Accounting Temp (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2015
Typical Work Day:
Varied upon assignment. Primarily accounting and finance related.

What I Learned:
Gained exposure to a variety of work settings.

Management:
Recruiter was excellent. Kept me employed and sent me to increasingly better positions.

Co-workers:
Varied upon assignment, but most were good.

Hardest Part of the Job:
The uncertainty of not knowing if you were going to have a job or not the next day.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
Learning the new different assignments.
ok
PACKAGE HANDELER (Former Employee), Redlands, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: learn new skills
Cons: not a great enviorment
this place is what I expected the people are rude. they will talk about you in Spanish, get u in trouble, they don't know when they get of work. they will over work you
fun enthusiastic place to work
Warehouse & Order Puller (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Good service
Cons: werent really ay cons
always had something to do . longest i was able to keep a job . the team around you were fair and and would help get the job done.
TEMP AGENCY
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 13, 2015
WORK WHEN YOU ARE CALL WITH A POSITION. MANAGEMENT TRIED TO KEEP YOU WORKING AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE. NOT ENOUGH FOR THE VOLUMN OF PEOPLE IN THEIR PROFOLIO.
Review Summary
Clerk (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAJune 22, 2015
Decent Company to work for.
Professional Environment,
Pay Card
Consistent with hours

Oppurtunties for advancement are slim.
Good most of the time.
Temperary Worker (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJune 11, 2015
When I started at this company, every time I left an assignment I would get a call back in a couple of days with a new assignment. However once I asked to be kept at a higher rate of pay I've gone weeks without work. It seems they only have jobs at lower rates of pay.
long hour
Line Worker (Former Employee), Redlands, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work is jus putting clothes into a box an sending it down the line for some one to seal an mail off to different companies. I learned how to use a rf scanner an how to accurately count an short amount of time
productive and great coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 30, 2015
Management was very helpful teaching me how to do variety of task such as answering phones, faxing, and filing. I enjoyed interacting with other individuals who were very positive and very influential.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: early start time
This was probably one of the funnest places I've ever worked. They offered a lot of overtime and the people I worked with were great.
To many kids
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: They will work you
Cons: Makes you not want to go back to unpersonal.
Everyone running around not knowing what to do it's to early for all this. I'm going to wait not say nothing until told what to do. I guess before the shift is over management will get ahold of thing. All these kids that's who I'm working with and that's the hardest part of my day. Can't wait to get off.
Friendly Environment
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Long Breaks
Cons: Bathrooms are limited
Co workers are fun to be around with always friendly and willing to help if there is need to. Also, managers are very fun to get along because they do not act like they own the business and treat you fairly.
Good Job
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Redlands, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: good job if no experience
Cons: hours
Good place to start off if you have no job experience. They teach you what you need to know, if you have problems, co-workers help you out.
Busy Busy
Recruiter/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: evreything. pay. no health benefits
Kimco is a sweatshop. I could not bare to continue working for this company and part take in horrible working conditions.
not the most proffesional work environment
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), santa fe springsApril 13, 2015
they didn't find me any jobs i actually liked. It would have been better if they worked more with me to find a job i actually could stand.
sound productive work enviorment
Loader (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 9, 2015
loved the job loading outgoing merchandise and receiving merchandise packing scanning and data entry learned to control the electric pallet jacks as well as manual worked the conveyers
The weakest branches are in SouthGate and Bell.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Southgate, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: I don't have enough time in life to explain.
Poorly managed, they hire more people than needed. They can't distinguish which employees are there to work and the ones who are there just to be. they have massive layoffs and all the good workers suffer the consequences. It doesn't matter if you've spent top dollar to acquire all forklift certification you still have to go through their in house certification. Can't get in contact with anyone when it comes to your schedule. There is always an issue with hours and pay. I'd rather sell drugs than to work for this company ever again.

I'm still employed by this company 03/30/2015
good place to work if you want to learn spanish
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Redlands, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough work
the job was ok always busy. the coworkers where friendly and they always gave free lunches. they just need better pay for the work we do an health insurance. management was good bt need to be fair at the sametime. the hardest part of the job was just unloading trucks best part of the job was overtime when they had it.
Links