Kimco Technology Group Employee Reviews

kimco
shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Moreno valleyAugust 25, 2015
Kimco is not a good company to work for. Especially the agency in Perri's. The staff there is extremely inexperienced and unprofessional. You are considered to be nothing Kore than a number . you are made to feel has if you are a revolving door. They will allow their clients to treat and say anything they feel to the employee. If the employee brings anything negative to their attention they are terminated without warning.
Pros
Cons
if you are wanting to be treated like a price tag this is the place for you
Its an agency and they are constant with assigning you work, but they are usually short term.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 18, 2015
I had a great experience, the only downfall is that most jobs they offer are temporary and don't really have the opportunity to turn into regular full-time employment with the company you are assigned to.
Pros
They do have plenty of jobs to offer but again they are usually temporary
Cons
most jobs are short term, and you have to adjust to a new work environment constantly
Good Experience...
Finance / Accounting Temp (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2015
Typical Work Day:
Varied upon assignment. Primarily accounting and finance related.

What I Learned:
Gained exposure to a variety of work settings.

Management:
Recruiter was excellent. Kept me employed and sent me to increasingly better positions.

Co-workers:
Varied upon assignment, but most were good.

Hardest Part of the Job:
The uncertainty of not knowing if you were going to have a job or not the next day.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
Learning the new different assignments.
The weakest branches are in SouthGate and Bell.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Southgate, CAMarch 30, 2015
Poorly managed, they hire more people than needed. They can't distinguish which employees are there to work and the ones who are there just to be. they have massive layoffs and all the good workers suffer the consequences. It doesn't matter if you've spent top dollar to acquire all forklift certification you still have to go through their in house certification. Can't get in contact with anyone when it comes to your schedule. There is always an issue with hours and pay. I'd rather sell drugs than to work for this company ever again.

I'm still employed by this company 03/30/2015
Pros
N/A
Cons
I don't have enough time in life to explain.
To many kids
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 14, 2015
Everyone running around not knowing what to do it's to early for all this. I'm going to wait not say nothing until told what to do. I guess before the shift is over management will get ahold of thing. All these kids that's who I'm working with and that's the hardest part of my day. Can't wait to get off.
Pros
They will work you
Cons
Makes you not want to go back to unpersonal.
good place to work if you want to learn spanish
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 27, 2015
the job was ok always busy. the coworkers where friendly and they always gave free lunches. they just need better pay for the work we do an health insurance. management was good bt need to be fair at the sametime. the hardest part of the job was just unloading trucks best part of the job was overtime when they had it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough work
Be carful of the library positions they offer
library assistant (Former Employee) –  chino hillsDecember 15, 2014
Be carful of the library positions they have, you will be treated like a dog for little money and little hours. It starts out great but nice you're there for a few weeks you get treated bad by management and then the customers that walk into the library. Kimco nor the library will not work with you. You will have to work with management that does not care what you have yo say and will get talked down too. Be wary. If you want to get paid 680 a month after tax. This would be a job for you.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
little hours and pay
Very professional work environment
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 1, 2014
I found recruiting to be a very rewarding yet challenging job. Kimco staffing was consistently providing additional training to improve our skills as an over all staffing agency. The actual working environment was unsafe as we were located in a business building that was virtually empty making our office the only one open thru the week.
Cons
No break room, had to sit at desk during lunch as well as still working thru it
Warehouse
Pick line/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAAugust 11, 2014
Compensation is decent, but the work schedule is dealt with day-to-day. Therefore, days you work are unknown, as well as, days off. Each shift consist of 13 hours with a possibility of overtime, which is mandatory. You are allowed two 10 minutes breaks, and a 30 minute lunch. Within these 30 minutes, depending on if there is a line ahead of you; a total of 10-20 minutes are spent removing your socks, work boots, and safety vest, in order to go through the metal detector before coming, and going.
Pros
Compensation Accumulates
Cons
Schedule
fast work palce
wearhouse (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 31, 2014
unpack and pack boxes before they was shipped out to stores. how too pack a box in less than 2mins. mangagement was okay just never had the same one everyday. my co-workers changed everyday so i was able t met new people alot. the hardest part was the always on my feet having to do work some of the guys had to do. the most enjoyable part was i seen things before they went in to the stores.
Pros
nice hours
Cons
on call job
productive
(temp) Ryder Logistics (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 18, 2013
a typical day at work would be arriving at 5 am not knowing when you will clock out 12 hours overtime given with out any notice. I learned that temp agencies are not for me I would like something more stable. Management was okay for the most part the co workers i got along with really well. The hardest part of the job was a day by day scheduling system, looking at a list to see if you come to work everyday instead of a steady set schedule for the week. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with and pay day weekly.
Pros
weekly payday, people and long breaks
Cons
schedules
unprofessional staffing agency
telephone research (Former Employee) –  Anahiem, CAMay 31, 2012
Kimco employees, when compared to other staffing firms, are very unprofessional and rude. For example I have 15 years of clerical experience and am very qualified for many clerical assigments, yet Kimco never considered me for any clerical positions. The one assigment they sent me was a telephone research assignment, a real sweat shop, where the employees were crammed together in a very confined space. The working conditions were so bad they likely violated worker safety regulations.
Cons
bad work assigments
Enjoyed working temporary projects for different companies
Administrative Ast. to Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 5, 2012
Every project is different, some slower and others faster.
I learned that every company places a different value on culture, people and education.
Management was controlling, hostile, and careless.
Co-workers range from excellent to terrible.
The hardest part of the job is keeping men off of me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how every instruction is important to run a business.
Sent to different companies I thought I wouldn't qualify.
Pros
excellent recruiter for cityview, herbalife and vsl property management
Cons
culture clash.
Fast paced environment and good company to work for
Account Payable C lerk (Former Employee) –  Cost Mesa, CaOctober 27, 2012
I worked as a temp for Kimco for NDS Americas, Now part of Cisco. My job duties was Accounts Payable, where I opened up mail, stamp dated each invoice and input into there software program which was Great Plains. I worked travel and expense reports, set up check runs twice a week, mailed out the checks, fedex etc., filed, photo copied.

always, helped out my co-workers with projects that needed to be done.

I love working that this company because everyone is a team player.
Pros
celebrate cinco de mayo, chinese new year and other holiday lunches
Employment Agency
Forklift operator/ EPJ (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Typical day at work, would be to open pallet locations, stage finished product, and prepare MBOLS for shippment MBOLS ( packets that say what items go to what truck ). The management is okay, just dont hire much to the company.Co- workers are sadly ppl who dont take the company to serious because we work through an agency. Hardest part for me is trying to complete all requested duties ( with minimul ppl ) before second shift. Most enjoyable part for me is finishing what is unexpected to finish before shift ends.
Pros
supervisors are good ppl
Cons
slow season
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAOctober 16, 2013
My typical day at work was working on tje conveyor belts and what i learned was that I Could Accomplish anything that I was taught. Management was excellent but the shift leads were lazy and never helped. I worked on the conveyor belt with one other guy on twelve conveyor belts and it was difficult but I accomplished it . The most enjoyable part of the job was going on break and going home to rest and prepare for the next work day.
Pros
11 hours a day and 3 days off
Cons
slow workers
respectable and team effort work place.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bell, CANovember 17, 2013
I clock in for work on time and begin to stretch as a team. Meet and greet co workers. I receive a folder container information of the trailer I'm assign to unload and label. I learned that all workers work as a team and management is on top of every task. Hardest part of the job is having more work after I and my team finish our assignment before our shift. Having a job that u have experience in and love doing is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
ten hours a shift.
Cons
less pay.
Great people to work, lack of organization.
Warehouse Clerk, Returns Department (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at work would be processing returns and crediting the companies that returned those units. I expanded my multi-tasking skills and working with others, learned the inner working of all departments, and the processes of the returns department. The lower level leadership is the backbone, they try and complete tasked handed to them by upper level management, even though it may be incorrect or made more difficult than necessary. The hardest part of the day is the hottest part of the day because the sun heats up the warehouse to a miserable temparture. The co workers were the most enjoyable part of the job because we kept other motivated while working.
Pros
Alot of hours
Cons
low pay
Good agency bad job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2012
There were long days with not a lot of team work. I improved my skills on the pallet jack and reach. It was easy to reach out to the agencies onsite superviors if I had any problems. The companies leads were a little niave. I got along with all the co-workers, even made a couple friends. The hardest part of the day was the hot days in the warehouse. I enjoyed the competitive spirit each co-worker had.
Productiveand great place to work and mwwt good people
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2014
A day at work was fast paste and interaction with customers i learned to be patient with customers our management team were great to work with and my coworkers were fun getting to know the hardest part of my job was dealing with out rate customers and the most enjoyable part was getting to learn new skills in life
Pros
discounts on foods
Cons
only get a 30min lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimco Technology Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9