Kimco Technology Group

Kimco Technology Group Employee Reviews in United States

general labor
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 21, 2014
a day at kimco was general work the coworkers were hard working the management was good i learned to work hard
Pros
free company picnics
Fast pace work place
SHIPPING/RECEIVING FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Trucks come in and they need to be loaded or unloaded in one or two hours the hardest part of the job is making sure you loaded or unloaded everything without breaking any product in the one to two hour time frame
Pros
with the fast pace work goes by quickly
Cons
job agencies have no job security
Busy Busy
Recruiter/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 14, 2015
Kimco is a sweatshop. I could not bare to continue working for this company and part take in horrible working conditions.
Pros
Cons
evreything. pay. no health benefits
respectable and team effort work place.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bell, CANovember 17, 2013
I clock in for work on time and begin to stretch as a team. Meet and greet co workers. I receive a folder container information of the trailer I'm assign to unload and label. I learned that all workers work as a team and management is on top of every task. Hardest part of the job is having more work after I and my team finish our assignment before our shift. Having a job that u have experience in and love doing is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
ten hours a shift.
Cons
less pay.
ok
PACKAGE HANDELER (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 10, 2015
this place is what I expected the people are rude. they will talk about you in Spanish, get u in trouble, they don't know when they get of work. they will over work you
Pros
learn new skills
Cons
not a great enviorment
Descent
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2015
Descent for a where house job.Of course hard work and occasionally heavy lifting expected from a Where house job but it was a great experience.
Pros
Workout
Cons
Tired
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAOctober 16, 2013
My typical day at work was working on tje conveyor belts and what i learned was that I Could Accomplish anything that I was taught. Management was excellent but the shift leads were lazy and never helped. I worked on the conveyor belt with one other guy on twelve conveyor belts and it was difficult but I accomplished it . The most enjoyable part of the job was going on break and going home to rest and prepare for the next work day.
Pros
11 hours a day and 3 days off
Cons
slow workers
Good most of the time.
Temperary Worker (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 11, 2015
When I started at this company, every time I left an assignment I would get a call back in a couple of days with a new assignment. However once I asked to be kept at a higher rate of pay I've gone weeks without work. It seems they only have jobs at lower rates of pay.
Productiveand great place to work and mwwt good people
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2014
A day at work was fast paste and interaction with customers i learned to be patient with customers our management team were great to work with and my coworkers were fun getting to know the hardest part of my job was dealing with out rate customers and the most enjoyable part was getting to learn new skills in life
Pros
discounts on foods
Cons
only get a 30min lunch
professional
stocker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 21, 2013
i worked temporarily with kimco, good working environment, great teamwork with coworkers, management always had an adjective for employees, hardest part of job was the workload but it was accomplish-able, and the most enjoyable part was building relationships with management and staff
Pros
recieved check every week
Cons
being only a temp job
BRANCH: Rancho Cucamonga ASSIGNMENT: Ontario
Processor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaDecember 30, 2014
I came to this Agency with the attitude of a professional & someone who wanted to utilize their skills and experience to a good distribution company. The application process was smooth and the drug test process was smoother. No complaints. The recruiter who I was assigned with was awesome. Very encouraging and informative to all my questions. When an assignment opened up for a Processor with LOTS OF OT, I was delighted! I had to interview another two times with the Supervisor and then Vice President. I was hired for the assignment and didn't have any complaints until:

My shift was switched from 6am - 2:30pm to 8am - 4:30pm.
This was an inconvenience just for the lack of finalization on my assignment.

My first week was horrible. I was trained by an associate who seemed to hardly know his job responsibilities which then left me with more questions then answers on my job requirements.

I never had any opportunities to receive OT.

My Co-Workers were awesome people it was just very unfortunate to see so many good hard workers being mistreated, overlooked, and not recognized enough for their efforts.

The Management Team were VERY CHILDISH. Its very disturbing to see people with sonority abusing it. Many of them possessed little, to no, to poor management skills. It seemed the only time they actually represented themselves in a professional manner is when Higher management was on the floor which was also very demoralizing seeing that many of the unprofessional practices were being kept under wraps an unknown to the higher management.

MY supervisor himself was new and didn't know
  more... much of his position and it surprised me to how he acquired a supervisor position in the first place. Aside from his inexperience he seem to show signs of being bipolar. One minute he was your friend trying to converse with you as if you weren't at work at all and then the next he was screaming and swearing obscenities at you. It was the most disturbing thing I have ever viewed and a horrible representation of professionalism.

I was never allowed to support other departments, I was never allowed to express any ideas for improvement in operations, I was never allowed to voice my safety concerns. It seemed any chance I took to express my concerns on issues my supervisor would shun them. I was not being allowed to thrive as an effective worker and my skills were not being utilized to their fullest extent.

As an anonymous reviewer I recommend anyone who apply with KimCo in Rancho Cucamonga please ask many question about your next assignment and confirm it is in a PROFESSIONAL & SAFE environment.
Pros
good agency, great recruiter, great co-workers, close to home
Cons
horrible & unfair managment, hardly any time for yourself, no ot, strange workplace politics and favoritism.
fun enthusiastic place to work
Warehouse & Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 14, 2015
always had something to do . longest i was able to keep a job . the team around you were fair and and would help get the job done.
Pros
Good service
Cons
werent really ay cons
Good agency bad job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 28, 2012
There were long days with not a lot of team work. I improved my skills on the pallet jack and reach. It was easy to reach out to the agencies onsite superviors if I had any problems. The companies leads were a little niave. I got along with all the co-workers, even made a couple friends. The hardest part of the day was the hot days in the warehouse. I enjoyed the competitive spirit each co-worker had.
Great work envirorment and very fast paste of work flow.
Assembly line worker (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMarch 14, 2015
This company has always held up to their end of remaining professional and doing things in a timely fashion. This is a good company to work for and I would recommend this company to anyone that was looking for a job.
Pros
overtime, large break room
Cons
late on giving breaks
long hour
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 4, 2015
typical day at work is jus putting clothes into a box an sending it down the line for some one to seal an mail off to different companies. I learned how to use a rf scanner an how to accurately count an short amount of time
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 20, 2014
They find work for you by your skills. Bad thing is only temporary jobs with no benefits unless they hire you permanent with in months of working with a company.
Excellent Agency to work for!
Various Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 27, 2012
Recruiters are always professional and have always worked hard to find work for me.
Pros
recruiters work hard to find work for me
Cons
all positions were temp or short term contract work
Shows effort to place staff in the right job
Engineering Plan Runner/Admin/Drafter (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 26, 2013
I was given the oportunity to be assigned to a job where I was part of a company's engineering department. Few of my job responsibilities were to do administration duties such as filing documents, mailing documents, speaking with clients when needed, and scanning/ faxing documents and floorplans. I also had to drive to different cities in Southerns California to obtain permits from the cities for submitted floorplans. I was to be able to communicated with clients and team members when needed and also asked questions when unsure. The hardest part of the job was to be able to explain floorplans to city members when submitting the plans because I had no experience in the company's field. On the other hand, even though there were many times where I felt lost, I had the feeling of accomplishement when I achieved my task and more importantly that I leaned new things.
Friendly Environment
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2015
Co workers are fun to be around with always friendly and willing to help if there is need to. Also, managers are very fun to get along because they do not act like they own the business and treat you fairly.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Bathrooms are limited
Decent/fair
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 24, 2013
The day consists of pulling store orders. The orders are simple, but the quota is very hard to make. Co-workers are very helpful in assiting. Supervisors are nice, while management can be tough. The fast pace work is nice.
Pros
small discount at distribution center
Cons
very hard quota

2.9