Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Employee Reviews

It was a good Job
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 21, 2018
.i loved working there it was a great experience. I learned Alot of new things and meet. Alot of good people. The work experience i had there will help me be a great and Better worker at my new job.
One of the worst companies I have worked for
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 19, 2017
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants likes to pay low wages and promote their young employees, abuse them with long hours and then terminates them and replaces them with another young, naive employee. They frequently discriminate against older employees!!! Stay away from this company as they are the worst in the hotel industry with a very high employee turnover rate and discriminatory practices! As a member of the executive team I saw this first hand.
Pros
There are no Pros for working for this company
Cons
They treat their employees horribly and they frequently discriminate against older employees!!!
It’s nice fun at times
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2017
It can be very boring they want you to do so much for the little bit of pay and hours they give you i see a lot of favoritism which just makes it worse like it makes me not wanna stay any longer in the process of looking for a better job
Pros
Coworkers make your job more loveable
Cons
Hours and pay
Productive and relaxed place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 13, 2017
I only worked as a contractor, but the people on the team are very easy to work with. The Data Centers are nice and well kept, and managers at the different property sites are great.
Pros
flexible
Cons
on call rotation
Amazing Company shackled by Property Management
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2017
Kimpton is amazing, the company itself is phenomenal. What now takes away from Kimpton’s uniqueness are Property Management companies in which Kimpton manages for. They dictate how Kimpton should navigate their business and employees. Their motive seems to be that over money over employees’ happiness or ability to function. Examples of this would be not allowing Kimpton managers to properly staff their teams for positions such as overnight teams. It’s absolutely unfair to overnight teams of high volume and high traffic properties to have to do every hotel function. No one or two people can valet, audit, prepare and deliver room service, provide housekeeping, and perform check ins. With this business model either guests or the employees are taxed. The latter is more common which still comes back around and can impact the guest experience. Consequently this causes high turnover of employees which is all too common o Kimptons or more specifically a couple in the Washington, DC area. Everyone comes in with the willpower and optimism to change things but they end up seeing it for what it is and eventually leave. That’s because it’s not the Kimpton side of it as much as it is who Kimpton does business with.
Pros
Empowerment, interacting with different people from all over the world
Cons
Property Management, Horrible Pay, Overworked, too much focus on who’s the better Kimpton
culture lacked
Area Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
Low pay, workplace culture was not motivating. A lot of the people that worked here were very complacent with their positions. A fine stepping stone, but would not recommend working with this company.
I would say I LOVE job
Room Inspector/room attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2017
I don’t think there is another hotel in the city that’s better then us at the Monaco I take my job serious I set high standards for myself when doing my job. I’ve never had a job where I can honestly say through whatever us at the Monaco are a FAMILY!!!
Pros
Team players
Cons
Not having a set schedule
Only if you're the favorite or in "the click"
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
This Chain throws lots of parties and outings for staff because they pay way below all of the competing hotels in the area. There is a lot of behind the scenes inappropriate chatter, managers talk down to hourly employees and they are always short staffed. If OSHA were to put a camera in there for one day they would give them sooo many fines$$$$$$$ Not the cleanest back of the house either, barely passed food inspections, had to appear in court. Not really a place to be proud to say you work at.
Pros
A paycheck that doesn't bounce
Cons
Low morale, dangerous back of house issues
Worst place ever
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 12, 2017
The managers are childish and not professional. The employees are worst they fight on the job! No one cares what's going on within the company. Dirty rooms and not well maintenance. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone.
Pros
Request off whenever you want. No matter if there aren't enough workers.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, bad managers, no room for advancement, you work like a slave and they still don't respect you.
Fun place to work
Engineer/HVAC (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 9, 2017
Fun place to work, it has a great atmosphere. The people are always in good spirits. Lots of employee gatherings off site to boost moral. I highly recommend working for Kimpton.
Good Workplace
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYOctober 2, 2017
The place is not that good. But, as a pet owner, it was pretty good.
I was able to bring pets and keep him in a cage. There was like a room for pets. I really liked it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
idk
Kimpton Job
Group Sales-Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2017
I learned a lot and would recommend. Kimpton is a company to get your foot in the door and growth potential. The most enjoyable were the co-workers who worked as a team to get things done.
productive
Overnight audit (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2017
overnight shift was a nice shift.i had the honor to host a few important people from all over the world and help enjoy their stay at the kimpton hotel.
Still one of the good ones!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCSeptember 13, 2017
Kimpton will always be a great company as long as those original leaders are making decisions. If you are willing to work hard you will see many promotions.
Awesome place to work
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2017
Management was awesome! the best part about this job were the other employees who i worked with great people to work with also just being able to give our guest the hospitality they deserve
Pros
Free lunch and discounts on rooms
Cons
pay
Great place and culture to work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036August 18, 2017
I began my day with meetings with the staff. Meet with the sous chef to discuss the ordering and the specials. I learned a great deal about balancing P&L sheets. It was a great workplace culture. All were focused on the success of the restaurant. The hardest part was running 2 properties at the same time with changing managers. The most enjoyable part was all of the energy to run 2 properties successfully.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
A lot of different managers over a short period of time
Good
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2017
The place is good jus the pay make life hard m.. the 5 and the 20.. beside that great place to work.. hotel discounts come in handie when ur planing a vacation
worked like a slave then terminated
Chef (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 5, 2017
I was hired in to an understaffed department, worked 60+ hours a week and then terminated once corporate management brought in other managers. They lied to me from day one.
Dont work for Kimpton you will regret it
Infrastructure Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 10, 2017
Too many people Sr. IT, Way to top heavy. You cant run a good infrastructure with no engineers. Dont spend 1500 on a dinner then cut budgets. Learn how to manage your spending
Pros
Work from home Good Equipment
Cons
Contractors are treated poor, you wont ever get hired on
Fast growing company that likes to have fun
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 8, 2017
Management is slightly disorganized, no support from HR or IT. A lot is put on department heads that generally wouldn't be at other hotels. Kimpton likes to promote from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.