Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Employee Reviews

Great Company
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2017
What they lack in compensation they make up for with the amazing job culture. You can tell that the employees all love their jobs. Everyone from valet to chefs to the CEO.
Good
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hotel Van ZandtMarch 6, 2017
Overall a great experience. The management level had some kinks to work out, but the staff overall was extremely friendly, and a wonderful job to advance my career.
Pros
Job Experience
Worked as hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2017
I loved working at a Chicago Kimpton restaurant when I did. I made friends that I still keep close today. A lot of good memories here. Good food. Decent pay. Fun culture.
No Genuine Concern for Bellman team
Bellman/Doorman (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Starting off as a daytime bellman, everyone is all smiles and even learn your name but thats mostly only to call you by name over the walkie. Bellman are ran ragged during the day but even moreso overnight. Front desk agents are allowed to nap in the lobby during overnight shifts as long as one is awake to help guests. However I was fired for passing out in the last 30 mins of my extremely busy saturday night shift which included helping valet collect keys, luggage assistance, in-room dining (cook, prep, & serve), housekeeping tasks along with an elaborate morning refreshment setup. A lot of favoritism that won't be acknowledged ever. They say "Thank you" out of habit around there, never with genuine appreciation. If you can maintain a fake persona and brown-nose the right ppl, there's room for advancement.
Pros
Guests are Awesome, Occassional Big Tips, Usually have snacks in office
Cons
Frequently Changing Mgmt, Unequal Treatment, Low Pay, Lack of Consideration
great time for part-time night shifts, especially for students.
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I worked there years ago when it was still called the Cyprus Inn. The night shift was very relaxed save for the occasional wedding party, band tour or work conference, at which point the hotel was full of happy people who I was able to make just a bit happier. If I could go back in time and work there again, I wouldn't hesitate.
Pros
occasionally bumping into celebrities and free food
Cons
base pay was not very high
It's one of the best places to work
PBX Operator Bellman/Doorman (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2017
In my experience with kimpton I've learned so much that I was blind to. Their very rich and funky colorful decor will knock your socks off.kimoton emphasizes heavily on their employees can do attitude. They let each and every employee empower themselves to make great career decisions
Pros
Fast growth
Cons
Spontaneous department changes
Not fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 3, 2017
Started off great but the manager I started with quit and the new ones don't really care about the employee personal life or problems
Fun Workplace
MiniBar Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 1, 2017
Enjoyed working for Kimpton very much. Provided good leadership and helpful training to further my career. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet and help lots of people and make several friends along the way.
Innovative Company
Senior Sales/Corporate Business Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2016
Working for Kimpton gives a great example as to how specialized service should be given to a client and guest.
My colleagues at Kimpton are innovated, creative and were amazing at what they did on a daily basis.
I enjoyed the team work effort and the decisions made a team.
Pros
Great productive, creative and innovative team
Cons
Lack of opportunity for growth within the company
Fun Hotel National Hotel Group
Regional Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2016
Kimpton knows how to be successful and fun at the same time. They have a great culture of positive vibes and that creates a prefect environment for outstanding guest experiences.
Worst Hotel I've ever worked at
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 9, 2016
Don't waste your time with applying with this job... There is alot of favoritism if you work first or second shift...No love for the overnite crew where everything is your fault... Lack of communication... Manager had a big ego trip where they think they can talk to you any kind of way. Worst hotel I've ever worked for. And I thought Hyatt and Marriott was bad.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No appreciation, lack of communication from managers
Great Working Enviornment
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLOctober 14, 2016
Great company to work for, with a generous work / life balance. Excellent corporate support. Many opportunities for advancement.
Amazing working culture promoting a positive work/life balance and individuality
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2016
The best hotel company I have worked for! Kimpton values a fun work environment to go along with making sure everyone on the team is accountable at the same time. They strive to be the best loved hotel company by their guests with a personalized touch that no other hotel company can match. Most of the management that I have worked for or with does an fantastic job at bringing out the best in their teams. The best part of the job is the people I work with! It truly feels like a family and it makes it enjoyable to come to work everyday. I have learned that a positive work environment with an entire team of people on the same page & striving for the same goals makes all the difference in the world. This in turn leads to everyone taking pride in doing the job to the best of their abilities and with a smile on their face!
Pros
People that I work with, Fun working culture, Respect for everyone's individualiity, Annually on Fortunes top 100 companies to work
Cons
Healthcare and benefits could be better, accruing more work and responsibility without pay increase to compensate for it.
Productive and fun place, management needs to catch up.
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2016
Great place to learn the ins and outs of the business as for management they need a lot of help keeping with the Kimpton culture and putting employees first.
Good place to start.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work and meet new people every day! Good place to start your career and learn. People are friendly and willing to help you and teach you.
Pros
Benefits as discounted rooms
Cons
Seasonal
overall rating 5
Food Runner/Busser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2016
Well the best for me it was on hollowing party at Poste, i never been seeing do many people with customs. i really have a very good time that day.I really love Poste after five years i been there i really learned so many thing about our Kimpton culture. The most important part is mos of the employees are friendly.
Pros
Free laundrys and Family meals
Cons
Expensive health ensure
favoritism, no work life balance, mgmt looks after themselves
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 27, 2016
Management only looks after themselves. Promotes only people they choose; lots of favoritism. Scheduling is a nightmare. Pay is minimum and not worth the amount of work and stress. They don't take care of their employees.
Cons
management, low pay, bad schedule
Not What It's Hyped to Be
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2016
I worked at the recent property that opened in Cleveland and it was really fine at work, but after about 1 month, I noticed blatant favoritism from managers to certain employees as well as a disregard for employees workplace comfortability. The managers were more concerned with pleasing guests and catering to their every call instead of making sure the employees were fine and comfortable. Marriott had its issue, but never on this level. Pay is good, but I only received a 3 cent raise after 90 days even though we were told we'd get a raise after 60 days and there are wide array of benefits they don't really go far.
Pros
Pay, schedule flexibility
Cons
Workplace, manager favoritism, weak benefits, insensitive managers
enjoyed the experience
Capitol Hill Night Auditor/Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2016
Working as a guest agent/auditor was overnight hours from 11-7. Where me and another agent would take care of all late arrivals and transactions /paper work for the existing day. Preparing a package nightly, for the accounting department to keep file. Also was responsible for any guest request or needs on my shift.
Pros
Friend and family discounts/Travels
Cons
working the graveyard shift
Great place to work!
Area Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2016
Work Life balance in the revenue field is challenging. Expectations are not in line and support is minimal considering those expectations.
Pros
Great culture, great benefits
Cons
might be growing too quickly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

75%